Author Topic: st anthonys parish east belfast  (Read 248131 times)

Rose8

Re: st anthonys parish east belfast
« Reply #1185 on: October 05, 2014, 10:46:58 PM »
Yes me too Tony. Will be thinking of you and keep you in prayers in St Anthony's. Hope it all goes well for you.
From ROSE :)
St Anthony's School story is at:  http://www.saintanthony.co.uk/page4.html

thebell

« Reply #1186 on: October 06, 2014, 08:14:10 AM »
good 2 hear from you both bell and rose. unfortunalty for me  ive run into poor health and dont know what way it will go im sorry to say. yous can say a prayer for me plz. good luck you all
Sorry to hear that Tony. I certainly will. All the best.

olelad

« Reply #1187 on: October 06, 2014, 12:35:43 PM »
thank u rose , mick and bjay thats great. still plodding about the house just about mind you.  havent found out what is causing this illness but orrible time. good luck u all.

olelad

« Reply #1188 on: October 06, 2014, 01:18:41 PM »
right while im still knocking about does anyone remember a clothes shop right on the corner of tildarg st and woostock rd right across the street is the northern bank . now the shop has changed owners many a time down the years but im going back until 1970/71 !! when in that very shop that sold wangler jeans.  they looked just like those famous wrangler  jeans only about half the price and wore every bit as good. maybe u got a pair from there ? mick your bound to remember it ?

Rose8

« Reply #1189 on: October 06, 2014, 04:46:56 PM »
Was that Kerr's Menswear shop? Was there for years and years! The son of  "Littles" Menswear shop at corner of Willowfield St. took over from Kerrs. Years later moved down the road and took over his fathers shop when his dad retired and is still there!

From ROSE :)
St Anthony's School story is at:  http://www.saintanthony.co.uk/page4.html

artibell

« Reply #1190 on: October 06, 2014, 08:45:56 PM »

Woodstock Road 407-409 Kerr R. & F., Ltd.  outfitters

thebell

« Reply #1191 on: October 07, 2014, 06:19:49 AM »
right while im still knocking about does anyone remember a clothes shop right on the corner of tildarg st and woostock rd right across the street is the northern bank . now the shop has changed owners many a time down the years but im going back until 1970/71 !! when in that very shop that sold wangler jeans.  they looked just like those famous wrangler  jeans only about half the price and wore every bit as good. maybe u got a pair from there ? mick your bound to remember it ?
Yes kerrs is right but Rose and arti beat me to it. Remember lookin at thw Wranglers in the side window wishing I could afford them. I alway ended up with cheaper jeans with an M stitched in the back pocket rather than a W.  Probably called Manglers.  :) .

kate.o

« Reply #1192 on: October 08, 2014, 02:24:25 AM »
good 2 hear from you both bell and rose. unfortunalty for me  ive run into poor health and dont know what way it will go im sorry to say. yous can say a prayer for me plz. good luck you all
hi olelad sorry to hear your not well  hope you get good news soon,
and back to your old self ,  :-* :-*

olelad

« Reply #1193 on: October 12, 2014, 10:37:48 AM »
thank u all for your kind words still no further on im affraid 2 say. more tests over the next few weeks.

marty1953

« Reply #1194 on: October 31, 2014, 09:38:00 PM »
Hi olelad, haven't  been on in a while..sorry too hear about your health issues ,hope you get results and it's good news,a couple of years ago had a health scare,turned out my gallbladder was shot too pieces because I didt look after myself..take care

marty1953

« Reply #1195 on: November 01, 2014, 11:54:55 AM »
Just read the history of St Anthony's ,very informative  but the language  used to describe the ethnic cleansing off four and half thousand Catholics families in East Belfast,was something out of the NewsLetter,pearse mc crory was murdered in Ravenhill Ave,workmen murdered while building OL&SP at knock,shops boycotted,bars burnt.it happened in the 20s&30s and Catholics returned maybe that's why we still own the school.

bjay

« Reply #1196 on: November 01, 2014, 05:07:21 PM »
Olelad,  see the Gibson Park locality  described as a tranquil setting on the 'net. Would that be your recollection?

marty1953

« Reply #1197 on: November 01, 2014, 06:16:12 PM »
I knew Gibson park,not far from the Red Rooster..HQ or hangout of the infamous Woodstock Tartan,became a no go area

olelad

« Reply #1198 on: November 08, 2014, 12:05:30 PM »
back home after almost 3 half weeks in the royal hosiptal. they took out a brain tumour.

citybloke

« Reply #1199 on: November 08, 2014, 02:01:26 PM »
Hope all goes well from now olelad