Author Topic: st anthonys parish east belfast  (Read 244236 times)

olelad

Re: st anthonys parish east belfast
« Reply #1230 on: December 29, 2014, 03:57:23 PM »
Hi Mary. The Parish Priest, Fr Henry McCann, will have those records. You can contact him by phone or email from the Parish Website: www.saintanthony.co.uk

he sounds alot better than the guy b4 him.

Rose8

« Reply #1231 on: December 30, 2014, 12:27:08 AM »

he sounds alot better than the guy b4 him.
Early days Tony!! Glad to see you back online again. Hope your recovery is moving in the right direction? :)
From ROSE :)
St Anthony's School story is at:  http://www.saintanthony.co.uk/page4.html

olelad

« Reply #1232 on: December 30, 2014, 05:23:38 PM »
Early days Tony!! Glad to see you back online again. Hope your recovery is moving in the right direction? :)

so far so good or so it would seem.

Gubbo

« Reply #1233 on: January 14, 2015, 01:03:52 AM »
Hi
Would anybody remember the Gubbins family that lived in Ranelagh Street? My mum was Mary ( Molly) originally from the Short Strand, sisters Catherine and Briedge and my brother Michael. We left the area to go to live in Nottingham. Looking at the previous post I see names I remember from St Anthony's, Duffy, Donnelly, Short, Walsh, McManus. Great to read all the posts about Vinty Mulhall, Harry Hart. My teachers, late 60s - early 70s included Mr Gallagher, Mr Marren and Mrs O Kane. Remember Sister Bernedina too.

Regards

Noel

marty1953

« Reply #1234 on: January 14, 2015, 01:26:52 PM »
Hi there,
I remember Catherine,did your family live in Ravenhill Ave?
Would catherine be around 59/60

marty1953

« Reply #1235 on: January 14, 2015, 01:29:14 PM »
Hi Noel
Ranlagh St was off Ravenhill Ave,are you all still in Nottingham?

Gubbo

« Reply #1236 on: January 14, 2015, 02:04:42 PM »
Hi
Yeah Ranelagh Street was off Ravenhill Avenue. Yeah still in Nottingham and Catherine is 60 this year I believe.

marty1953

« Reply #1237 on: January 14, 2015, 02:45:44 PM »
Hi Noel

When we were teenagers St Bernard's  on a Sunday night was the highlight of the week,recall Catherine going there,had a joiner giving me a a price for a new floor,he's from the east ,from Ardenlee ave ,was saying a lot of young Catholic Familes have moved back,and are sending their children too St Michaels on the Ravenhill road,St Anthony's is doing better thanks too a large Polish community .

olelad

« Reply #1238 on: January 14, 2015, 06:06:55 PM »
Hi Noel

When we were teenagers St Bernard's  on a Sunday night was the highlight of the week,recall Catherine going there,had a joiner giving me a a price for a new floor,he's from the east ,from Ardenlee ave ,was saying a lot of young Catholic Familes have moved back,and are sending their children too St Michaels on the Ravenhill road,St Anthony's is doing better thanks too a large Polish community .

not to many moving back into the old manor . m8

marty1953

« Reply #1239 on: January 14, 2015, 06:28:19 PM »
Maybe not back too Woodstock,Creagah,Castlereagh,but Ballyhackamore,Ballygowan rd,Knockbreda,proving popular
PS what has happened too Everton

MontyB1970

« Reply #1240 on: January 14, 2015, 07:04:22 PM »
Hi everyone,
Just joined the forum today as I was was born in the city hospital in 1970 and spent the first six years of my life living on Madrid st.
My Granny(Lil Burns) used to have a wee shop somewhere near Madrid st(Poss Beechfield st but I'm not 100%)
I remember going to St Anthony's between 1974 and 1976 and vaguely remember either the headmaster(or poss dept head) as Mr Morden(or poss Morton).
I also remember a schoolmate called Martin Macken(or poss McCann?).
Did any other members attend St Anthony's during this period who could help refresh my memory?
My family moved over to Warrington in Cheshire around Nov 1976(still over here now).
Thanks in advance,
Paul Burns

citybloke

« Reply #1241 on: January 14, 2015, 07:54:12 PM »
Hi MontyB1970

I used to know a lad called Brian Burns who lived on Madrid Street- he'd be in his sixties now but lost contact with him when I moved to Manchester in 1971 - just wondering if he would be a relation of yours. I live on Madrid Street in the block  between Prim Street and Lisbon Street.
Can't help with any info regarding St. Anthony's School but I'm sure there will be some on this forum who'll be able to help.

MontyB1970

« Reply #1242 on: January 14, 2015, 08:22:48 PM »
Hi Citybloke,

That sounds like my Uncle Brian,I'm pretty sure he lived on Madrid St with my Auntie Pauline at some point,
He's still with us(I think he lives out Twinbrook way),I've not spoken to him for a while but I keep in contact with my cousins on facebook(His kids) so I can ask if you like?
His older brother Patrick is my Dad and my other uncles are Gerard,Frankie(Sadly passed away in 2013),Thomas and Geordie,
Feel free to send me a private message with your name if you don't want to publish on here and I can ask for you if you like?
Regards,
Paul

olelad

« Reply #1243 on: January 15, 2015, 03:15:11 PM »
Maybe not back too Woodstock,Creagah,Castlereagh,but Ballyhackamore,Ballygowan rd,Knockbreda,proving popular
PS what has happened too Everton

correct about those areas. then thats the ones that count. !? bad result  for sure

bjay

« Reply #1244 on: January 16, 2015, 04:42:28 PM »
Gubbo, Ranellagh Street 1966  - No.2.Beggs,Hugh, No. 4.Humphries, James, No.6 Mooney,Leslie. No.8 Brown,Mrs Charlotte, No.10 Carrigan,G, No.12.McCullough,Philip, No.14 Gubbins,Michael,
No.16 Logan,F, No.18 Blair,Lawrence,  No.20 Hoey,John