Author Topic: st anthonys parish east belfast  (Read 328450 times)

marty1953

Re: st anthonys parish east belfast
« Reply #1545 on: April 05, 2020, 11:40:01 AM »
Re..Marie Gent.
Asked my sister,I’m afraid she couldn’t help out.
Sorry about that.

marty1953

« Reply #1546 on: April 05, 2020, 11:44:14 AM »
Olelad.
Gary Donnelly lived in Imperial St..had a Brother Stephen&Sister called Carole.
Stephen passed away mid seventies I think.
Gary died 10/12 yrs ago.

Endeavour

« Reply #1547 on: April 05, 2020, 12:55:05 PM »
Ok Marty thanks very much for trying anyway.

olelad

« Reply #1548 on: April 10, 2020, 09:25:51 PM »
Olelad.
Gary Donnelly lived in Imperial St..had a Brother Stephen&Sister called Carole.
Stephen passed away mid seventies I think.
Gary died 10/12 yrs ago.

only remember  colin and an older brother . cant remember this name.

fionna_b

« Reply #1549 on: April 11, 2020, 03:25:54 PM »
nice memories  

olelad

« Reply #1550 on: April 11, 2020, 11:11:48 PM »
nice memories  

was you from the parish

Pauline71

« Reply #1551 on: May 05, 2020, 12:13:30 PM »
Hi I Patricia Gents daughter. Sadly my mum passed in 1995.Roy also passed tragically in a car accident. Geordie has also passed. My mum moved to Newry in the 1980s. The Gent family moved to Omeath. It was lovely to see my mums name and that she is still being remembered

Gus123a

« Reply #1552 on: May 05, 2020, 01:37:51 PM »
Just discovered this forum yesterday and reading all the posts has brought back lots of memories ! Some good some not so good . I was brought up in greenore st opposite Portallo st from 1951 to 1972 when I left or was invited to leave and went to Southampton . Have rarely returned to Belfast maybe 4 times for funerals and weddings . So have lost touch and memories are vague but my name is Gerry Connolly and of anyone remembers me or my family would be great to hear from you .

Gus123a

« Reply #1553 on: May 05, 2020, 01:43:30 PM »
By the way the funfair you talked earlier about was from Barry’s at Bangor ! My father ran the “ Pongo “ there which was a forerunner of bingo !! I used to work on the dodgems at Bangor as an 11 yr old !! Can you imagine that now at that age being allowed to jump from
Car to car collecting fares !!

Endeavour

« Reply #1554 on: May 05, 2020, 03:15:44 PM »
Hello Pauline 71,Stuarty here I am so happy to receive word from you a  relative of MARIE. I am so sorry to hear that your mom passed away  I never knew her because your grandparents and your mom moved away before I met MARIE. (Things were pretty bad at that time in Belfast. )
I  spoke to Brian s wife Pauline about 6yrs ago by phone but she said that they don't keep in touch with MARIE and knew nothing about her. She did say her married name was O'Brien and she lived near Dundalk. We only met once or twice 40 year ago so I was a stranger asking about MARIE. Do you yourself ever keep in touch with MARIE  as I would like her to know I am asking about her if she remembers me. I have been trying to trace  MARIE for years and I would just love to see or hear from her again it would make me a very happy man,but I wouldn't want to get her into trouble
I would just like to thank you for writing this article and hope that we will keep in touch now and again. You sound like a good person the way you comment about your mom. This must come from your mom, George,,Brian and especially MARIE whom I think were all good and decent people. I didnt know Roy
Again thank you writing and keep safe from this old

Endeavour

Pauline 71
« Reply #1555 on: May 05, 2020, 08:28:43 PM »
Hello Pauline 71,Stuarty here I am so happy to receive word from you a  relative of MARIE. I am so sorry to hear that your mom passed away  I never knew her because your grandparents and your mom moved away before I met MARIE. (Things were pretty bad at that time in Belfast. )
I  spoke to Brian s wife Pauline about 6yrs ago by phone but she said that they don't keep in touch with MARIE and knew nothing about her. She did say her married name was O'Brien and she lived near Dundalk. We only met once or twice 40 year ago so I was a stranger asking about MARIE. Do you yourself ever keep in touch with MARIE  as I would like her to know I am asking about her if she remembers me. I have been trying to trace  MARIE for years and I would just love to see or hear from her again it would make me a very happy man,but I wouldn't want to get her into trouble
I would just like to thank you for writing this article and hope that we will keep in touch now and again. You sound like a good person the way you comment about your mom. This must come from your mom, George,,Brian and especially MARIE whom I think were all good and decent people. I didnt know Roy
Again thank you writing and keep safe from this old virus

Pauline71

« Reply #1556 on: May 05, 2020, 08:40:26 PM »
Hi Stuart I am so sorry I am not in touch with Marie. But I did see a few years back that she had posted something on carlingford people. ie That might be a place for you to start a search. Take care and stay safe

Endeavour

« Reply #1557 on: May 06, 2020, 09:35:51 AM »
Hello Pauline thanks for getting back to me so quickly I am glad I heard from you it has given me a bit more hope in my search for MARIE. I will keep searching with the info you have gave me and I might be lucky. If you ever meet MARIE again will you mention me to her.Many thanks and you take care and be safe.

Endeavour

« Reply #1558 on: May 13, 2020, 02:24:34 PM »
Hello Pauline, hope you are well, sorry for disturbing you again but just to let you know I have have been through everything I could find on line about Carlingford and must have looked at 5000 photos but to no avail. I thought that I would find something on carlingford people. ie and even emailed some hotels to see if anyone knew her but no joy. If and when this old virus is over and we can travel about I will take a few days down to Carlingford and see if i have any luck.,and I might stop at Omeath and maybe meet you ha ha that would make your  day. I am turning 66 shortly (you are probably saying silly old fool) but I would like to see MARIE before it is too late. I think that maybe the connection of MARIE and you and MARIE and me makes me feel that I know you (told you silly old fool).So Pauline God bless, take care of yourself and stay  safe and well x

Endeavour

« Reply #1559 on: May 17, 2020, 11:42:47 AM »
Hello Pauline, hope you are well, sorry for disturbing you again but just to let you know I have have been through everything I could find on line about Carlingford and must have looked at 5000 photos but to no avail. I thought that I would find something on carlingford people. ie and even emailed some hotels to see if anyone knew her but no joy. If and when this old virus is over and we can travel about I will take a few days down to Carlingford and see if i have any luck.,and I might stop at Omeath and maybe meet you ha ha that would make your  day. I am turning 66 shortly (you are probably saying silly old fool) but I would like to see MARIE before it is too late. I think that maybe the connection of MARIE and you and MARIE and me makes me feel that I know you (told you silly old fool).So Pauline God bless, take care of yourself and stay  safe and well x

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy