Author Topic: st anthonys parish east belfast  (Read 270125 times)

olelad

Re: st anthonys parish east belfast
« Reply #1590 on: June 20, 2020, 10:32:45 PM »
anyone know where I can find out more about the gaa club which is to start in the east ???

Endeavour

Pauline 71
« Reply #1591 on: June 21, 2020, 07:24:15 PM »
Hello Pauline, Stuart again  don't know if you are still reading the forum because I have sent you 4 or 5 articles. Don't worry if you don't want to reply. I hope that you are still keeping healthy and well  I have read everything I found about Carlingford  but I am no closer Can you confirm I have the right surname Obrien and that MARIE lives in carlingford. Sorry to annoy you but you are my link. Hope you get this ok so stay safe and well  and Good Luck..Stuart

tours

« Reply #1592 on: June 21, 2020, 08:46:08 PM »
anyone know where I can find out more about the gaa club which is to start in the east ???
Linda Irvine...

Number26

« Reply #1593 on: June 23, 2020, 07:48:24 AM »
Itís Linda Ervine

olelad

« Reply #1594 on: June 24, 2020, 10:23:57 PM »
cheers u both. 

olelad

« Reply #1595 on: June 29, 2020, 09:55:41 PM »
at the min the club is looking players, coaching and admin so as im well past all that ill have to wait to see what happens. heres hoping it gets off the ground.

Endeavour

Pauline 71
« Reply #1596 on: July 09, 2020, 01:59:24 PM »
Hi Pauline hope you are well Stuart.

olelad

« Reply #1597 on: July 18, 2020, 10:56:48 PM »
east Belfast gaa club have played there first games tonight and yesterday. both games played away as they haven't got a home ground yet. Malone rugby club have offered there ground. best of luck everyone concerned.

olelad

« Reply #1598 on: July 24, 2020, 08:59:20 PM »
just after watching east Belfast home game against glasdrumm. played it at cherryvalley. not sure if that's were they'll play all there home games or not. anyone interested in going to watch them get in touch.

Endeavour

Re: looking for Marie
« Reply #1599 on: September 16, 2020, 10:40:28 PM »
Hello Pauline,Stuart here hope you are keeping well

jr56

« Reply #1600 on: September 29, 2020, 12:31:03 AM »
just looking at this site again after 8 years absence  .great to see its still alive  .sad to hear that Marty Lundy has recently passed. A great musician and a past pupil.

olelad

« Reply #1601 on: September 30, 2020, 10:13:17 PM »
just looking at this site again after 8 years absence  .great to see its still alive  .sad to hear that Marty Lundy has recently passed. A great musician and a past pupil.

we try r best. lol

marsaday

« Reply #1602 on: October 18, 2020, 03:16:40 PM »
Hi,
Lots of memories on here but mostly from people who went there before my time.

Anyone go to St Anthony's in the 70s? I was there from 72-79. By the time I left it had amalgamated with the boys school (only just in 1979 I think). Think Sr Bernadina left sometime during my time there and was replaced by a kinder nun. What was her name? I remember having a very nice lady teacher in P7 (1979). She had grey hair and wore it in a bun. Name anyone?
Anyone remember the trips to the states. I spent 6 weeks in Buffalo there in the summer of 79. Great times that took us out of the terrible situation.
In my class I remember a few names  Patricia Curliss (emigrated to Australia I think - she lived near me in the Glensharragh/Rochester area), Susan McKusker (there were 3 McKusker girls - lived in Merok Pk/Gdns), Christina Clifford. Anyone remember any of these people. I'm sure I'd remember more if my memory was jogged.

I remember the school dinners and the nun/nuns went round making you eat everything whether you liked it or not - cause there were starving black babies to think about we weren't to be wasteful!! Lumpy custard/semolina/tapioca anyone?? Still cannot eat those things to this day!
I went there with my sister and brothers - Martins.
My mum's family also went there in the 30s and 40s. They were Mullens from Ravenhill Avenue.

Endeavour

« Reply #1603 on: October 23, 2020, 09:23:47 PM »
Would like to ask Brian Gent (Gentie) if he could give me some information about Marie his sister.Brian I have been trying to trace Marie for years with no luck.I spoke to your wife Pauline about six or seven years ago but all she could tell me was that Marie was now called O'Brien and that she lives in Dundalk.I was always very very fond of Marie and still think alot about her.Im sure you don't remember but we met a couple of times when I was with Marie.My name is Stuart Neill and if you could help me in any way I would be very grateful.Thank You.