Author Topic: st anthonys parish east belfast  (Read 246858 times)

olelad

Re: st anthonys parish east belfast
« Reply #60 on: November 15, 2009, 06:20:04 PM »
time to relight this thread to run Parallel with the other woodstock and east belfast threads. we wouldnt like to feel left out  :D

olelad

« Reply #61 on: November 17, 2009, 12:50:41 AM »
can anyone remember was there ever at any time in st anthonys ps history a uniform or school badge ?

teap

« Reply #62 on: November 18, 2009, 12:00:02 PM »
for the girls all i remember was pink shirt and grey pinafore that ye had to buy of the nuns  >:( i tell ye they were baduns

olelad

« Reply #63 on: November 18, 2009, 12:08:49 PM »
for the girls all i remember was pink shirt and grey pinafore that ye had to buy of the nuns  >:( i tell ye they were baduns

i went to st anthonys right from p1 to when i left in 69 to go to st augustines and for the life of me i cant remember ever wearing any bit of uniform.
my cousins all went to st anthonys as well. one to the girls school. maybe she might remember something.
cheers for that teap.  only a wall seperating us and i cant remember what yous wore  :D

olelad

« Reply #64 on: November 22, 2009, 09:05:22 AM »

the school football kit was claret n blue (west ham) which i can only remember one game definitely played against Harding memorial in which we got stuffed. there might have been a second game played but that's a big maybe.

teap

« Reply #65 on: November 22, 2009, 11:40:53 AM »
My brother was born in june 1957, and he also went to saint Agustines he probaby only got first year out of it tho. must ask him if he has any memories of it.

I was always wondering why i left Lagan Village primary school to go to Saint Anthonys and now i know thanks to you Olelad i know  ;) it was because Lagan Village closed.

Colette

cody

« Reply #66 on: November 22, 2009, 12:16:41 PM »
Hi WOULD ANYONE OUT THERE REMEMBER THE DUFFY FAMILY FROM CARLNGFORD ST.?WE ALL WENT TO ST ANTHONYS PRIMARY AND LATER I WENT TO STMALACHYS COLLEGE, MY BROTHER DANNY WENT TO ST AUGUSTINES WHILE MY SISTERS ANNE,TINA AND PATSY WENT TO ST MONICAS. IN REVIEWING THE SITE I RECOGNISE MANY OLD NAMES AND IM SURE THEY ARE STILL OUT THERE . WE ALL GREW UP IN THE DISTRICT UNTILTHE TROUBLES .THEN WE "EVACUATED" TO VICTORIA  FLATS NARS THE NEW LODGE. WE ALL HAD A GREAT CHILDHOOD IN THE WOODSTOCK AND CREGAGH AND HERE ARE A FEW OF OUR OLD CHUMS AND SCHOOLLFRIENDS FROM BOTH RELIGOIS BACKGROUNDS IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER. GARY WILSON ,CLIVE HARVEY , GEORDIE KERR,EUGENE QUIGLEY,FRANKIE HAWKINS.  MARTIN MCNALLY,MY SISTERS FRIENDS 'WERE ANGELA TAGGART,DONNA FERGUSON, IRENE MACHUGH,MARLENE STEAD.iKNEW TONS OF OTHERS AND LEFT THE DISTRICT IN 71 LIVING IN MY NANNYS HOUSE FOR AS LONG AS I COULD. IT WOULD BE GOOD TO HEAR FROM AMYONE WHO REMEMBERS US AS ALL MY FOLKS WERE IN THE DISTRICT EVEN BEFOE THE CHAPEL WAS BUILT.

olelad

« Reply #67 on: November 22, 2009, 02:24:33 PM »
Hi WOULD ANYONE OUT THERE REMEMBER THE DUFFY FAMILY FROM CARLNGFORD ST.?WE ALL WENT TO ST ANTHONYS PRIMARY AND LATER I WENT TO STMALACHYS COLLEGE, MY BROTHER DANNY WENT TO ST AUGUSTINES WHILE MY SISTERS ANNE,TINA AND PATSY WENT TO ST MONICAS. IN REVIEWING THE SITE I RECOGNISE MANY OLD NAMES AND IM SURE THEY ARE STILL OUT THERE . WE ALL GREW UP IN THE DISTRICT UNTILTHE TROUBLES .THEN WE "EVACUATED" TO VICTORIA  FLATS NARS THE NEW LODGE. WE ALL HAD A GREAT CHILDHOOD IN THE WOODSTOCK AND CREGAGH AND HERE ARE A FEW OF OUR OLD CHUMS AND SCHOOLLFRIENDS FROM BOTH RELIGOIS BACKGROUNDS IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER. GARY WILSON ,CLIVE HARVEY , GEORDIE KERR,EUGENE QUIGLEY,FRANKIE HAWKINS.  MARTIN MCNALLY,MY SISTERS FRIENDS 'WERE ANGELA TAGGART,DONNA FERGUSON, IRENE MACHUGH,MARLENE STEAD.iKNEW TONS OF OTHERS AND LEFT THE DISTRICT IN 71 LIVING IN MY NANNYS HOUSE FOR AS LONG AS I COULD. IT WOULD BE GOOD TO HEAR FROM AMYONE WHO REMEMBERS US AS ALL MY FOLKS WERE IN THE DISTRICT EVEN BEFOE THE CHAPEL WAS BUILT.

i remember frankie hawkins and eugene quigley. the quigleys moved to craigavon from belfast. eugene left for south africa early 80s. never knew what happened frankie hawkins.  they were a couple of years older than me.

olelad

« Reply #68 on: November 22, 2009, 02:45:31 PM »
My brother was born in june 1957, and he also went to saint Agustines he probaby only got first year out of it tho. must ask him if he has any memories of it.

I was always wondering why i left Lagan Village primary school to go to Saint Anthonys and now i know thanks to you Olelad i know  ;) it was because Lagan Village closed.

Colette

i might well have known your brother if he went to st anthonys. i was born in 58 so would have been in the year below him. i knew afew guys out of  that class.

teap

« Reply #69 on: November 22, 2009, 02:49:04 PM »

i might well have known your brother if he went to st anthonys. i was born in 58 so would have been in the year below him. i knew afew guys out of  that class.

His name is Jim Mullan

olelad

« Reply #70 on: November 22, 2009, 02:55:48 PM »
His name is Jim Mullan

cant say i know the name, but if he was there all them years we woyld have known each in one way or another. heres afew names he might remember. these guys were in the year above me. pat frizzle, terance dawson, pat mccullough,  mark taylor, you know there the only names at this min i can remember. there was about 30+ in that class and ours as well. my memorie has went a blank  :D pass them names on and see if he remembers anyone . cheers

olelad

« Reply #71 on: November 22, 2009, 03:19:53 PM »
there was aguy in that class who lived in euston st. lived in the bit down near were it ran into ardgowen st. cant for the life of me remember his name.  ???

teap

« Reply #72 on: November 22, 2009, 05:28:39 PM »
Heres a photo of my brother outside our house 48 Richardson street

REP1

« Reply #73 on: November 22, 2009, 11:56:52 PM »
Re info on the Melli family they ran the chip shop at Cromac square. as far as I know Massie lived in flora st beersbridge rd. I think his wife was shot dead through the kitchen window.
Indifference is the essence of inhumanity

olelad

« Reply #74 on: November 23, 2009, 10:53:15 AM »
what year did that happen ?