Author Topic: st anthonys parish east belfast  (Read 328440 times)

olelad

Re: st anthonys parish east belfast
« Reply #165 on: December 17, 2009, 04:37:45 PM »
here clem heres a question for you. what was the name of the teacher who taught us in the svp room. stocky geezer with glasses ?  i cant remember his name at all !?

clem

« Reply #166 on: December 18, 2009, 04:36:37 AM »
hi Olelad, i remem the guy your talkin bout looked like he was auditioning for the dubliners but im afraid i dont remember his name i think he was arelief teacher who came to replace Harry Hart who had a couple of periods of sickness , there was also a young guy ,again cant remember his name who taught us for a while , who played a guitar and taught us a couple of songs, the only other male teacher we had was Brian Gallagher lived in Rosebery Rd, Soz cant be of more help . Happy Xmas to everyone from or on the woodstock/cregagh :smile:
here clem heres a question for you. what was the name of the teacher who taught us in the svp room. stocky geezer with glasses ?  i cant remember his name at all !?

olelad

« Reply #167 on: December 18, 2009, 09:21:54 AM »
hi Olelad, i remem the guy your talkin bout looked like he was auditioning for the dubliners but im afraid i dont remember his name i think he was arelief teacher who came to replace Harry Hart who had a couple of periods of sickness , there was also a young guy ,again cant remember his name who taught us for a while , who played a guitar and taught us a couple of songs, the only other male teacher we had was Brian Gallagher lived in Rosebery Rd, Soz cant be of more help . Happy Xmas to everyone from or on the woodstock/cregagh :smile:

cant remember that guitar playing teacher at all ! the other guy probly went on to play with the dubliners alright  :D  he was a pain thats for sure. think everyone would remember brian gallagher and him been a right tuff nut. heard he went to omagh and runs a betting shop down there.
again a happy xmas and new year (may we have many of them) to all our woodstock/cregagh folk wherever you may be now   

olelad

« Reply #168 on: December 22, 2009, 02:05:42 PM »
does anyone have any idea how long vinty stayed on at the school ? i think i remember harry hart saying he finnished teaching around 1972/73. wonder was vinty still in charge ?

olelad

« Reply #169 on: December 27, 2009, 09:00:00 AM »
was down the old rd yesterday and brought back afew few memories.
while i never went into the chapel  does anyone remember were the crib used to be in the chapel back in the good old days ?! 

strandguy

« Reply #170 on: January 01, 2010, 05:17:39 PM »
Might have few more names re St Anthony's boys 1969:

Michael O'Neil
Danny Burns
Brian Grant

can also confirm Gabe McGuigan was in the class!

strandguy

« Reply #171 on: January 01, 2010, 05:22:08 PM »
Hi

They did not go as far as Downpatrick - left in 72 -they were a bit closer than that though.

Shop went to Jim Burns who ran it for a while - probably until the area was redeveloped?

Jim also had a shop on Woodstock Road and use to run bingo in St mathews

I remember that shop very well!

strandguy

« Reply #172 on: January 01, 2010, 05:24:11 PM »
Remember Seamus - he was in my class at Lagan Village

strandguy

« Reply #173 on: January 01, 2010, 05:26:36 PM »
was that Billy not Billy McMullan?

olelad

« Reply #174 on: January 02, 2010, 06:06:49 PM »
was that Billy not Billy McMullan?

i argued that the artist guys name was mcmullan. clem will confirm this. althought there was another guy in the class called mcmullan and it was one of the guys who came over with him from lagan village who give us that name. one to argue over  :D

olelad

« Reply #175 on: January 02, 2010, 06:09:42 PM »

Michael O'Neil
Danny Burns
Brian Grant

brian grant wasnt in our class . he was a year older than us. as for micky o neil and danny burns i cant remember those names. in saying that we said we were short about 4 or 5 names of completing the classes full reg so maybe thats 2 of the names which we forgot ?

twocoats

« Reply #176 on: January 02, 2010, 06:30:33 PM »

Michael O'Neil
Danny Burns
Brian Grant

Would that be the Danny Burns who emigrated to Canada? (British Columbia)....TC
Homophobia, racism, sexism, bigotry and sectarianism is still alive..

olelad

« Reply #177 on: January 02, 2010, 07:58:30 PM »
Hi Olelad, can ya remember anythin about the matches ?? like what side you played on and who the rest of the teams were :scratch_ones_head: was it kids from our school?

from our school on the woodstock team was thomas and pat mccullough, john mcgibbon, agood few from tildarg st and a few from ardgowen st. tbh im not sure who all played in the two matches. two great games and a decent turn out watched. we losed both games by the way

olelad

« Reply #178 on: January 03, 2010, 02:54:22 PM »

brian grant wasnt in our class . he was a year older than us. as for micky o neil and danny burns i cant remember those names. in saying that we said we were short about 4 or 5 names of completing the classes full reg so maybe thats 2 of the names which we forgot ?

brian grant was in our class after all, my mistake  :swoon:

olelad

« Reply #179 on: January 03, 2010, 02:59:50 PM »
the class of 69 st anthonys.

colin donnelly
robert semple
paul o hara
vincent weir
thomas mc cullough
tony rutherford
brian collins
terrance dawson
danny o reilly
colmn coleman
clem mc ilhatton
gerard turley
gerard murray
david carlisle RIP
gerry christain
paul gracey
francie rehill
desmond mulligan
tony mc loughlin RIP
joe beattie
kenneth eccles
john marks
brendan mullan
Joseph rea
peter scott
billy mcmullan
aidan corrigan
we recked we was about 5 or 6 short names of the full class.

we can now add gaberial mcguigan, brian grant michael oneil and danny burns which brings us up to 31. cant be far of the full class number.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy