Author Topic: st anthonys parish east belfast  (Read 237512 times)

olelad

Re: st anthonys parish east belfast
« Reply #225 on: March 09, 2010, 09:20:51 PM »
anyone remember or even know who owned the model shop on the cregagh rd facing oberon st ?

the finished display models they had in the shop window were fantastic. i once asked how much to buy one and think it worked out cheaper to buy one they done than buying from scratch. the differant paints were dear even back then. in all the models i ever done i never painted any !

Kaitren_mc

« Reply #226 on: March 09, 2010, 11:40:57 PM »
i remember during my time at st anthonys they had a huge display cabnet full of model planes old dolls and things like that i used to love looking at all the different stuff in it. .. i know of a model shop at the top of king street they have everything in there !!!!!!!!!

Kaitren_mc

« Reply #227 on: March 09, 2010, 11:45:53 PM »

ill need it alright  :smile:  passed the old st monicas today and as you said its still standing only with st josephs now on it. so is gusties knocked down ? if so lucky i got there in time to get that photo. a memory which will stay with me forever and a day !  :D
[/q

i had 2 aunts that went to st monicas and my da and my late uncle were also gusties when clearing out my late grandas house we found my late uncles report card

olelad

« Reply #228 on: March 10, 2010, 07:54:13 PM »
i remember during my time at st anthonys they had a huge display cabnet full of model planes old dolls and things like that i used to love looking at all the different stuff in it. .. i know of a model shop at the top of king street they have everything in there !!!!!!!!!

pity its gone now. a bit of history lost forever.

Kaitren_mc

« Reply #229 on: March 13, 2010, 07:01:01 PM »
o i know im sure the old memorablia would have been worth a bit of money

olelad

« Reply #230 on: March 13, 2010, 07:04:06 PM »
o i know im sure the old memorablia would have been worth a bit of money

wonder were it all went to ? ebay probably !  :smile:

Kaitren_mc

« Reply #231 on: March 13, 2010, 07:14:08 PM »
more than likely  .. i was saying till a few friends about this wee forum. .would be nice to hear about everyones point of view

olelad

« Reply #232 on: March 13, 2010, 07:17:50 PM »
more than likely  .. i was saying till a few friends about this wee forum. .would be nice to hear about everyones point of view

imdeed. ive been on here from 06 and it takes of for while then slows down. its up to the likes of us to keep the old schools flag flying high  :D

Kaitren_mc

« Reply #233 on: March 13, 2010, 07:35:23 PM »
o yes deff in hosital lst week i spoke with a priest i think his name was thomas higgins from rosetta ?? he mentioned a few guys from the strand he went to st augestines with i didnt have a clue alough he was younger than my late uncle who attended the school he asked me were i went to school he was saying to me about the nun who was a headmistress at some stage i dont think he was very fond of her he seemed to think she was incapable of doing anything lol said she was in a world of her own i can remember the nuns vagely when i was only started the school but i said to him about this forum and there being a st augestines thread but sure you never know lol

olelad

« Reply #234 on: March 13, 2010, 07:43:30 PM »
we was lucky we had harry hart one of the very best.

Kaitren_mc

« Reply #235 on: March 13, 2010, 07:50:59 PM »
my da went to st matthews n his father before that i think u may be the first person ive met who may have been a pupil in the school of a differen generaton lol im not trying to make ya feel old or anything lol but i love to hear the oul stories from the black and white days

olelad

« Reply #236 on: March 13, 2010, 07:55:04 PM »
my da went to st matthews n his father before that i think u may be the first person ive met who may have been a pupil in the school of a differen generaton lol im not trying to make ya feel old or anything lol but i love to hear the oul stories from the black and white days

:D  thats it im of  ! ive never been as insulted in my life !  :D  i only left st anthonys in 69  :D  im in stitches here laughing which isnt good for me at the min as i done my back in yesterday and im in pain ! HELP  :D

Kaitren_mc

« Reply #237 on: March 13, 2010, 08:01:10 PM »
(laughs)  did u come from the strand yer self then

olelad

« Reply #238 on: March 13, 2010, 08:08:17 PM »
(laughs)  did u come from the strand yer self then

no the woodstock rd.

Kaitren_mc

« Reply #239 on: March 13, 2010, 08:25:36 PM »
well i had family in woodstock street !! the croys who then went on to live in willofield drive when the trouble started