Author Topic: st anthonys parish east belfast  (Read 237419 times)

olelad

Re: st anthonys parish east belfast
« Reply #240 on: March 13, 2010, 08:36:28 PM »
well i had family in woodstock street !! the croys who then went on to live in willofield drive when the trouble started

willowfield drive beside the old school ?  strange choice

Kaitren_mc

« Reply #241 on: March 13, 2010, 08:45:36 PM »
yes my grandfathers sister she lived there for many yrs up until her husband died then she went to live in bangor but she was there for many yrs i can remember my randa collecting me from school and him calling in to visit   her husband was well known on the woodstock rd as tommy croy i think he was a builder i also had relatives that lived up that way until the 70's the thompson's mamie thompson was the eldest daughter  ? im nearly sure she had a brother and a sister

olelad

« Reply #242 on: March 13, 2010, 08:47:46 PM »
yes my grandfathers sister she lived there for many yrs up until her husband died then she went to live in bangor but she was there for many yrs i can remember my randa collecting me from school and him calling in to visit   her husband was well known on the woodstock rd as tommy croy i think he was a builder i also had relatives that lived up that way until the 70's the thompson's mamie thompson was the eldest daughter  ? im nearly sure she had a brother and a sister

doesnt ring a bell with me. in saying that the old memory isnt what it used to be.  :D

Kaitren_mc

« Reply #243 on: March 13, 2010, 08:51:28 PM »
should i comment on the status of your memory lol last time i was as subtle as a flying brick

naw i dont even know much about them my self tbh lol but i mentioned it because they came from the area there were the murrays as well 5 brothers there was !

olelad

« Reply #244 on: March 13, 2010, 08:56:25 PM »
should i comment on the status of your memory lol last time i was as subtle as a flying brick

naw i dont even know much about them my self tbh lol but i mentioned it because they came from the area there were the murrays as well 5 brothers there was !

murrays from what street ?

Kaitren_mc

« Reply #245 on: March 13, 2010, 08:58:53 PM »
im not 100 % sure but i know names owen ,terry,jerry,tony,jim prob not in that order but there father was tom murray and mother maggie nee mcconville

olelad

« Reply #246 on: March 13, 2010, 09:01:19 PM »
im not 100 % sure but i know names owen ,terry,jerry,tony,jim prob not in that order but there father was tom murray and mother maggie nee mcconville

there was a murray in my class. they lived of ravenhill ave but its not the same family. remember i was only there until 72 ! anything after that i know nothing about  :D

olelad

« Reply #247 on: March 13, 2010, 09:02:25 PM »
class reg p7 69.
colin donnelly
robert semple
paul ohara
vincent weir
thomas mccullough
brian collins
danny o reilly
colmn coleman
clem mcilhatton
tony rutherford
gerard turley
gerard murray
david carlisle
francie rehill
tony mcloughlin
john marks
joesph rea
aiden corrigan
brian grant
geberial mcguigian
micky oneil
joe beattie
gerry christian
terrance dawson
paul gracey
desmond mulligan
kenny eccles
kevin mcanally
peter scott
billy mcmullan
brendan mullan
danny burns ?
martin halliday ?

33 names there. 2 at the end isnt 100%. we alway reckoned on about 35 or so in the class so there abouts.

gerard murray

Kaitren_mc

« Reply #248 on: March 13, 2010, 09:05:06 PM »
i can recall someone saying that there house got blew up and two of them went to live in willowfield drive with the other aunt that wud have been jim and tony they then moved to twimbrrok when the trouble kicked off

olelad

« Reply #249 on: March 13, 2010, 09:10:21 PM »
i can recall someone saying that there house got blew up and two of them went to live in willowfield drive with the other aunt that wud have been jim and tony they then moved to twimbrrok when the trouble kicked off

im sure its not the same murrays as was in my class. i may have known these other murrays or of them if they lived up our end around the start of the troubles. but id need to know were they lived b4 the dr.
as for twinbrook . it was fav spot for many after been put out. we went up and checked it out ourselves but my folks decided against going there.

Kaitren_mc

« Reply #250 on: March 13, 2010, 09:13:34 PM »

im sure its not the same murrays as was in my class. i may have known these other murrays or of them if they lived up our end around the start of the troubles. but id need to know were they lived b4 the dr.
as for twinbrook . it was fav spot for many after been put out. we went up and checked it out ourselves but my folks decided against going there.

know i think they lived in the strand then woodstock street ill have to ask the oul fella !!!

olelad

« Reply #251 on: March 13, 2010, 09:15:11 PM »

know i think they lived in the strand then woodstock street ill have to ask the oul fella !!!

i could be wrong but i think one of them was on this site not that long ago ?!

Kaitren_mc

« Reply #252 on: March 13, 2010, 09:18:54 PM »
more than likely not 100% sure i think yer bad memory is rubbing off lol

olelad

« Reply #253 on: March 13, 2010, 09:22:02 PM »
more than likely not 100% sure i think yer bad memory is rubbing off lol

there was a murray on the site posting. reckons it one of the family you memtion.

Kaitren_mc

« Reply #254 on: March 13, 2010, 09:25:14 PM »
ill have to mention this to my da he wud know more bout them