Author Topic: st anthonys parish east belfast  (Read 246100 times)

olelad

Re: st anthonys parish east belfast
« Reply #255 on: March 13, 2010, 09:27:37 PM »
ill have to mention this to my da he wud know more bout them

funny enough it was a gerard murray as well  :smile:  check out the woodstock st thread in belfast photos and videos section

Kaitren_mc

« Reply #256 on: March 14, 2010, 11:19:43 AM »

funny enough it was a gerard murray as well  :smile:  check out the woodstock st thread in belfast photos and videos section

will do lol
maybye u should see if it was the same guy from yer class you never know

olelad

« Reply #257 on: March 14, 2010, 11:45:42 AM »

will do lol
maybye u should see if it was the same guy from yer class you never know

not the same guy

Kaitren_mc

« Reply #258 on: March 14, 2010, 12:05:36 PM »
aww well then sure ya never know what may happen in the future

olelad

« Reply #259 on: March 14, 2010, 12:32:32 PM »
aww well then sure ya never know what may happen in the future

indeed ! thats why this site deals with the past  :D

olelad

« Reply #260 on: March 18, 2010, 04:27:06 PM »
talking of models and toys. in p1 i can still remember an old black aeroplane which lay in a small sand pit in class.  :scratch_ones_head:

olelad

« Reply #261 on: March 28, 2010, 10:00:46 PM »
anyone remember the mcbride family from killowen st ? damien and anthony was the 2 oldest guys. not sure were they moved to but ballycastle direction was mentioned.

thebell

« Reply #262 on: March 31, 2010, 11:07:36 PM »
I used to live on the Rosebery Road and i remember the Magees son Johnny. I also remember The Regan family, they lived a few doors down from my Aunt (Cassie Boyd). Mary Meli's chip shop was frequented by everyone in the area and to this day you cant get a pastie like Mary's.
What a friendly, neighbourly area it was, no one cared what you were, everyone helped everyone else.

As a kid i used to be left in the care of cassie in ardenvour st, think the name cassie colgan comes to mind, halfway down, then the magees were one from the end near carlingford st. i used to call there on the way to school at lagan village but can rememer who for. but do remember the name johnny mc gee,think he was in my older sisters class.
regards.

olelad

« Reply #263 on: April 01, 2010, 07:36:47 PM »

As a kid i used to be left in the care of cassie in ardenvour st, think the name cassie colgan comes to mind, halfway down, then the magees were one from the end near carlingford st. i used to call there on the way to school at lagan village but can rememer who for. but do remember the name johnny mc gee,think he was in my older sisters class.
regards.

welcome back m8. never knew you went to lagan village ?! i only remember you at st anthonys. did you ever get that photo sorted ?

thebell

« Reply #264 on: April 02, 2010, 11:45:34 PM »
yeah went to lagan village, first teacher was miss okane, then miss mc gurr i think. managed to get out b4 the dragon in the last room though felt her wrath once in the corridor when late.

remember the gas mantles for light and the big gas fire to dry your coats. there was a kitchen to boil water for hot oxo cubes in plastic mugs. no health and safety [censored] then.

Round the corner from richardson st was a chewing gum machine which coughed out twice every 4th go for a penny, there was a scrum to get in for the extra packet of beech nut.

A chum in my class lived round the corner in glentoran st but the name escapes me.

remember a few names from the strand who went as well.

happy days mate.

olelad

« Reply #265 on: April 03, 2010, 11:11:10 AM »
my cousin john mc must have been in your class at lagan village ?

teap

« Reply #266 on: April 06, 2010, 11:28:47 AM »
Olelad ive scanned the 2 pages of the 1969 street directory for creaghy road will try this one first you will probably have to right click and save it to your desk top then when you view it on your own pc you can enlarge it

teap

« Reply #267 on: April 06, 2010, 11:30:16 AM »
let me know what you think and then if that works ill post the other page, or if you or any one else has tips on how i can enlarge it please feel free to help  ;)

colette

olelad

« Reply #268 on: April 06, 2010, 12:46:36 PM »
thanks teap . tryed to enlarge it but no luck.

teap

« Reply #269 on: April 06, 2010, 12:48:51 PM »
sorry olelad... if anyone can advise me how to enlarge this for the forum please do..