Author Topic: Please help me find my dad Robert McFarland aka Maxi  (Read 3294 times)

WeeRabMc

Please help me find my dad Robert McFarland aka Maxi
« on: December 08, 2011, 09:17:37 PM »
Hi Everyone,
This is my first post on Belfast Forum. Well 2nd I think Ii posted this in the wrong forum earlier oops.

I have been searching the internet for my father. I'v had no luck and thought instead of going over the usuall missing relatives sites and network social sites again I would try this forum as its a little closer to home compared to the nationwide sites.

My name is Robert McFarland and I am the son of Robert McFarland (aka Maxi) and my late mother Mary McFarland (aka Molly). We all lived in Silverstream Avenue Belfast. My father worked in Shorts Belfast as a rivitor (sp?). My mother and father broke up and there had been a major family split. Last I heard he was living in Silverstream Bangor. I understand he has other children.

I havnt seen my father since I was 10 yrs old. That was 30 yrs ago. I have been tryin to find him for a while now.

If anyone can help me I would grately appreciate it. If any other information is required please don't hesitate to contact me

Many Thanks for your time

R.McFarland

EllCee

Re: Please help me find my dad Robert McFarland aka Maxi
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2011, 09:38:48 PM »
Hello.

From the BT "Phone Book"

R McFarland      Tel: (028) 9146 8766 - Text Number      64 Balligan Gdns, Bangor, BT19 1PZ - Map

http://www.thephonebook.bt.com/publisha.content/en/search/residential/search.publisha?Surname=+McFarland&x=38&y=20&Location=BANGOR%0A++++++{+-+COUNTY+DOWN}&OriginalLocation=Bangor&Range=xloc

If you look at the map, Balligan Gardens, Killcooley isn't far from Silverstream in Bangor  . just across the Bangor bypass.

Good luck

"I may not agree with you, but I respect your opinion"   "You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it"

Astor

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2011, 09:44:09 PM »
That was quick Ellcee - good for you and good luck with your search WeeRabMc - I hope it turns out to be your dad or even a relation  :)
Que Sera Sera

patrick clarke

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2011, 09:52:43 PM »
o m g el cee wish you could do that with my sister threasa gibson formarly clarke last resideing in salford m/c ..be nice to see her for xmas..not seen her in 30 yrs
we are all here for a short time

EllCee

"I may not agree with you, but I respect your opinion"   "You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it"

patrick clarke

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2011, 10:01:29 PM »
thanks el cee just tries it ..nothing ..trouble with women they remarry and change there name
we are all here for a short time

Tischris

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2011, 10:40:22 PM »
Hi, Just want to point out that the OP said his father lived in Silverstream Belfast not Bangor. There's a Silverstream in both towns.

Hello.

From the BT "Phone Book"

R McFarland      Tel: (028) 9146 8766 - Text Number      64 Balligan Gdns, Bangor, BT19 1PZ - Map

http://www.thephonebook.bt.com/publisha.content/en/search/residential/search.publisha?Surname=+McFarland&x=38&y=20&Location=BANGOR%0A++++++{+-+COUNTY+DOWN}&OriginalLocation=Bangor&Range=xloc

If you look at the map, Balligan Gardens, Killcooley isn't far from Silverstream in Bangor  . just across the Bangor bypass.

Good luck

EllCee

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2011, 10:56:24 PM »
Hi, Just want to point out that the OP said his father lived in Silverstream Belfast not Bangor. There's a Silverstream in both towns.

From the original post:

"Last I heard he was living in Silverstream Bangor."

Tischris

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2011, 11:05:12 PM »
My apologies Elcee,
I've been searching Belfast for his family from the 1st mention in his post...Oops!  ::) Fingers crossed anyway.

Tischris

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2011, 11:12:34 PM »
There's a Robert Stanley McFarland linked to this company in Bangor
PSW (NI) LTD
277/279 OLD BELFAST ROAD
BANGOR
CO DOWN
BT19

Forget above, seems he's been there over 40yrs.

WeeRabMc

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2011, 09:49:26 AM »
Good Morning everyone. thank you all so much for replying. i had looked him up in the phone book but was searching for Silverstream Road Bangor. i rem trying to find his number years ago and it was ex directory. i'll give all the addresses above a try. i'm not familiar with Bangor and use my mobile internet which is useless for maps.
off to work for a nice 12hr shift but I'll try on my break and let ya's know.
once again thank you all
WeeRabMc

WeeRabMc

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2011, 03:38:21 PM »
Hi everyone,
Just tried the above residential number with no luck. also tried that business in the hope that the Robert S. McFarland may even know my father if he's linked with shorts. they where closed tho at 1 and dont open again till Monday. Worth a try. Just gotta keep searching.
Thanks again everyone
WeeRabMc

apalachie

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2011, 07:06:53 PM »

WeeRab, if you contact "Human resources or pensions in Bombardier(Shorts) in Belfast and explain your predicament, they could always contact him for you (providing he is still with us) to get the ball rolling.
There was a Bobby Mc Farland worked in the Newtownabbey factory in the 90's, about 5"7', black hair, he was in his late 40's early 50's then but I don't know where he came from or if he's working there anymore.
good luck.

Oh for all our yesterdays.

WeeRabMc

« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2011, 11:43:41 PM »
Hi apalachie,
     Thanks for ur post. that does sound very like my dad. I'll give them a call on monday to see if they can help me. i never even thought of doing that as I'm not sure he still works there.
Defo worth a try though.

Thank you

WeeRabMc

apalachie

« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2011, 09:27:40 PM »
WeeRabMc, sorry about the delay in responding but work has been hectic,lol.
I t doesn't matter if he's still working there are not, they will still have his contact details as his pension has to be paid. They could contact him or his next of kin for you and see if they want to get in touch,Good Luck.
Oh for all our yesterdays.