Author Topic: Please help me find my dad Robert McFarland aka Maxi  (Read 3277 times)

Big Al

Re: Please help me find my dad Robert McFarland aka Maxi
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2012, 08:15:24 AM »
I worked with Maxi on the Fokker contract in Shorts. He was a fitter. He left Shorts many years ago, but I used to bump into him as he left his daughter off to school in Bangor. Have not seen him lately. good luck with your search, he's a really nice bloke.

loughview

« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2012, 11:44:47 PM »
Hi I think i ran about with your dad Robert when i was in my early teens but the "Maxi i knew lived in Silverstram Parade. I'm nearly sure he had a sister called francis ( married walker) and his mum or granny was called sadie. A real nice quiet lad he was and i hope you find him if you have not already done so.

rpbert1

« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2012, 10:47:08 PM »
Just updating this on my sons post, we did get in contact and are all together now, which i cant tell you what a differnce this makes and we all keep in contact incl his half sisters and bro,

Bigali

« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2012, 11:21:06 AM »
Just updating this on my sons post, we did get in contact and are all together now, which i cant tell you what a differnce this makes and we all keep in contact incl his half sisters and bro,

That's fantastic !  O0  :clapping:  :clapping:  :clapping:
Support Soldier F Support Soldier B

The courageous deeds and sacrifices of the RUC and UDR must never be airbrushed from history .

shamrock249

« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2012, 01:40:34 PM »
Well Done!  Well Done! to the people on this forum. What a beautiful thing you helped to accomplish especially this time of year.

To Robert and his dad, congratulations to you both I hope you both enjoy getting reacquainted.

Merry Christmas to all.

Signed   Mrs Cullen's wee son Jimmy.