Author Topic: Ligoniel. the last of the mill village's.  (Read 19922 times)

DOFFER

Re: Ligoniel. the last of the mill village's.
« Reply #60 on: December 19, 2011, 06:23:05 PM »
HI CAILIN ,,,,,I LIVED  OPPISITE  THE DRAPERY SHOP IN LIGIONEL  ,I LIVED THERE WITH MY GRANNIE ,   DR ROLSTONS WELL AS A WEE KID I USED TO BANG ON HIS DOOR  AND ASK IF HE WOULD LET ME HAVE A WEE BABY , LOL ONE OF MY AUNTS TOLD M E HE CARRIED BABBIES  IN HIS BAG AND I WAS DESPERATE TO GET HOLD OF ONE MIND YOU I WAS ABOUT 5/6 AT THE TIME ,IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY ROLSTONS LIVED IN ONE  OF THE SHOPS ALONG THERE  ,

SO MAN Y WONERFUL MEMORIES  OF LIGONIEL  , WE WERE WITHOUT DOUBT A HAPPY LITTLE VILLAGE  I CANT RECALL ANY STRIFE  WE ALL MUCKED IN TOGATHER , CAN I ASK YOUR GRAND PARENTS SURNAME  IF THATS NOT TO BOLD ,SHOULD YOU WISH NOT TO ,ITS NOT A PROBLEM  :)
Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning Satan shudders and says 'Oh [censored] shes awake!!'

cialin

« Reply #61 on: December 28, 2011, 08:12:02 PM »
HI CAILIN ,,,,,I LIVED  OPPISITE  THE DRAPERY SHOP IN LIGIONEL  ,I LIVED THERE WITH MY GRANNIE ,   DR ROLSTONS WELL AS A WEE KID I USED TO BANG ON HIS DOOR  AND ASK IF HE WOULD LET ME HAVE A WEE BABY , LOL ONE OF MY AUNTS TOLD M E HE CARRIED BABBIES  IN HIS BAG AND I WAS DESPERATE TO GET HOLD OF ONE MIND YOU I WAS ABOUT 5/6 AT THE TIME ,IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY ROLSTONS LIVED IN ONE  OF THE SHOPS ALONG THERE  ,

SO MAN Y WONERFUL MEMORIES  OF LIGONIEL  , WE WERE WITHOUT DOUBT A HAPPY LITTLE VILLAGE  I CANT RECALL ANY STRIFE  WE ALL MUCKED IN TOGATHER , CAN I ASK YOUR GRAND PARENTS SURNAME  IF THATS NOT TO BOLD ,SHOULD YOU WISH NOT TO ,ITS NOT A PROBLEM  :)
Hi Doffer....my grandparents where Charlie and Mae Gallagher :)

m.

« Reply #62 on: January 02, 2012, 01:00:46 PM »
I am just leaving this wee message so that it stays on the first page of genealogy.
I think this is a brillant wee book and more people should see it.

m.

apalachie

« Reply #63 on: January 03, 2012, 04:49:50 PM »

Ligoneil Baths.www.facebook.com/belfastpage[/font][/size]
More pic's of Old Belfast can be found here
Oh for all our yesterdays.

m.

« Reply #64 on: January 03, 2012, 09:46:25 PM »

Ligoneil Baths.www.facebook.com/belfastpage[/font][/size]
More pic's of Old Belfast can be found here

Thanks apalachie, brillant photos.

m.

liza

« Reply #65 on: January 04, 2012, 09:36:56 AM »
What a great wee book fantastic memories of my childhood. Born and bred in ligoniel. Lived opposite Billy Ritchies shop.  Could do it all again with pleasure. MY first job was in Ewarts Mill ... a wee doffer i was ...ahhh  happy days  Thanks for the memory x

DOFFER

« Reply #66 on: January 04, 2012, 02:51:43 PM »
What a great wee book fantastic memories of my childhood. Born and bred in ligoniel. Lived opposite Billy Ritchies shop.  Could do it all again with pleasure. MY first job was in Ewarts Mill ... a wee doffer i was ...ahhh  happy days  Thanks for the memory x

HI LIZA FROM ONE DOFFER TO ANOTHER ,LOL I LIVED JUST BELOW BILLY RITCHES SHOP MY GRANS WAS MRS TOLAND A BLIND LADY  I WENT TO SCHOOL IN WOLFHILL , AND ST VINCENTS ,,,I ALSO WAS IN EWARTS MILL 1950S , AND LIKE YOU WOULD DO IT ALL AGAIN EVERY MOMENT  , :-*
Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning Satan shudders and says 'Oh [censored] shes awake!!'

« Reply #67 on: January 04, 2012, 07:26:35 PM »
liza/DOFFER, did you know anyone from Lesley St?

m.

« Reply #68 on: January 07, 2012, 05:24:16 PM »
I am just leaving this wee message so that it stays on the first page of genealogy.
I think this is a brillant wee book and more people should see it.

m.

m.

danny228

« Reply #69 on: February 11, 2012, 10:21:20 AM »
its nice to see all the lovely comments about ligoniel. brings back happy memories. my name is danny moore and i still live in ligoniel. i was bron in wolfhill lane and my father was from lesley street. i still live in ligoniel, its changed so much.

danny228

« Reply #70 on: February 11, 2012, 10:35:05 AM »
the young lad in the photo is john hammil from wolfhill land, he still lives in ligoniel

danny228

« Reply #71 on: February 11, 2012, 10:38:11 AM »
sorry i meant john hamill from wolfhill lane

ms

« Reply #72 on: February 11, 2012, 01:25:48 PM »
hi danny228
ligoniel baths then changed to  the ligoniel library  any one remember Mr John Moore, one of ligoniels true gentleman those that went to wolfhilll school i have a photo 1953 children in the school, how many remember going to dickeys shop and buying sweets or playing in the kill fields all those mounds of hills to run up and down just facing the bus terminus top of the hill just below Mr Andrews farm
ms

danny228

« Reply #73 on: February 11, 2012, 04:30:24 PM »
the guy in the photo is john hamill. he still lives in ligoniel

danny228

« Reply #74 on: February 11, 2012, 04:32:20 PM »
well im danny moore, my uncle was john moore from lesley street. . if its the same john moore he passed away last may
the guy in the photo is john hamill. he still lives in ligoniel