Author Topic: Ligoniel. the last of the mill village's.  (Read 19663 times)

m.

Re: Ligoniel. the last of the mill village's.
« Reply #45 on: December 12, 2011, 10:22:12 PM »

m.

« Reply #46 on: December 12, 2011, 10:22:45 PM »

m.

« Reply #47 on: December 12, 2011, 10:23:17 PM »

m.

« Reply #48 on: December 12, 2011, 10:24:09 PM »

m.

« Reply #49 on: December 12, 2011, 10:24:42 PM »

m.

« Reply #50 on: December 12, 2011, 10:25:19 PM »

m.

« Reply #51 on: December 12, 2011, 10:25:55 PM »

DOFFER

« Reply #52 on: December 13, 2011, 08:00:15 PM »

THAT WEE WALL WAS WHERE I PLAYED AS A CHILD I LIVED A BIT FURTHER DOWN  OPPISITE THE POST OFFICE MENTIONED IN ONE OF THE ITEMS  ,OH WHAT WONDERFUL MEMORIES THIS HAS BROUGHT ME THANK YOU ,ANOTHER ITEM DR NELSON WAS MENTIONED HE WAS OUR DR IN 40S /EARLY 50S ,
ALSO THE METHODIST  CHURCH  IS WHERE I GOT MY DAFT HEAD STUCK IN RAILING ON WAY TO WOLFHILL SCHOOL  I WAS ABOUT 6/7,,I WOULD LIKE TO PRINT  ALL THIS LIONIEL STUFF OFF TO SEND TO MY DEAR AUNT  ASLO FROM LIGONIEL  MAY I HAVE YOUR PERMISSION , THANK YOU , IM BOTH SAD AND HAPPY AT PRESENT I LOVED MY CHILDHOOD DAYS IN LEGONIEL , LOVED IT SO MUCH I EVEN WENT TO BOTH THE PROD AND CATHOLIC SCHOOLS  SO AS NOT TO MISS ALL MY PALS ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,BEST YRS OF MY LIFE , :-*
Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning Satan shudders and says 'Oh [censored] shes awake!!'

ms

« Reply #53 on: December 13, 2011, 08:58:36 PM »
great to see issac the barber o happy days
ms

m.

« Reply #54 on: December 13, 2011, 10:06:52 PM »

THAT WEE WALL WAS WHERE I PLAYED AS A CHILD I LIVED A BIT FURTHER DOWN  OPPISITE THE POST OFFICE MENTIONED IN ONE OF THE ITEMS  ,OH WHAT WONDERFUL MEMORIES THIS HAS BROUGHT ME THANK YOU ,ANOTHER ITEM DR NELSON WAS MENTIONED HE WAS OUR DR IN 40S /EARLY 50S ,
ALSO THE METHODIST  CHURCH  IS WHERE I GOT MY DAFT HEAD STUCK IN RAILING ON WAY TO WOLFHILL SCHOOL  I WAS ABOUT 6/7,,I WOULD LIKE TO PRINT  ALL THIS LIONIEL STUFF OFF TO SEND TO MY DEAR AUNT  ASLO FROM LIGONIEL  MAY I HAVE YOUR PERMISSION , THANK YOU , IM BOTH SAD AND HAPPY AT PRESENT I LOVED MY CHILDHOOD DAYS IN LEGONIEL , LOVED IT SO MUCH I EVEN WENT TO BOTH THE PROD AND CATHOLIC SCHOOLS  SO AS NOT TO MISS ALL MY PALS ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,BEST YRS OF MY LIFE , :-*

Hello Doffer,
I'm so glad you liked the wee book.I have no connection with Ligoniel myself, but knew the minute I seen it, it would hold great memories for someone.
Copy it all.

m.

Rosemary Joan

« Reply #55 on: December 14, 2011, 12:28:56 PM »
m -  MANY MANY THANKS FOR SHARING THIS WEE BOOK WITH US!  I have printed it off and look forward to having a good read at it.  My husband's McCormicks lived in Ligoniel from 1880  until the 1900s and I feel that some of them would be in the photographs.
RosemaryJoan
As ye sow, so shall ye reap

m.

« Reply #56 on: December 14, 2011, 08:50:12 PM »
m -  MANY MANY THANKS FOR SHARING THIS WEE BOOK WITH US!  I have printed it off and look forward to having a good read at it.  My husband's McCormicks lived in Ligoniel from 1880  until the 1900s and I feel that some of them would be in the photographs.
RosemaryJoan

Your welcome.

m.

« Reply #57 on: December 14, 2011, 11:17:01 PM »
m  wait till I show this to who is quite possibly one of, if not the eldest survivors of Ligoniel.  Many of those photo's are exactly how it was remembered, especially the beloved Lesley Street where they were born!  Spent many a happy time on that wall myself & DOFFER, probably met you there many a time, although spent more time at bottom of Lesley Street catching the trout with bare hands!.  Ahhh happy days :)

Rosemary Joan

« Reply #58 on: December 17, 2011, 04:52:06 PM »
Can any of you put dates on these photographs?
RosemaryJoan
As ye sow, so shall ye reap

cialin

« Reply #59 on: December 19, 2011, 02:39:10 PM »
This brings back memories,my grandparents lived in one of the houses between campbells wee shop and Dr Rolstons surgery. :)