Author Topic: St Patrick's Barnageeha, Antrim Road  (Read 322135 times)

Dub

Re: St Patrick's Barnageeha, Antrim Road
« Reply #2340 on: July 15, 2019, 04:27:46 PM »
SJ, I sent you an email by gmail several days ago with two photographs attached.   Did you receive it?
                                                                                                                           All the best.Dub.
If you don't read the papers you are not informed.
If you do read the papers you are misinformed.( Mark Twain.)

sj

« Reply #2341 on: July 16, 2019, 02:27:26 AM »
SJ, I sent you an email by gmail several days ago with two photographs attached.   Did you receive it?
                                                                                                                           All the best.Dub.
No Alex not yet.
Maybe the e=mail is not correct.  Will send you a p.m.
Sam

I'm patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it ...

AF

« Reply #2342 on: August 18, 2019, 03:25:46 PM »
Hello all,
Just came across this forum; St.Pat's 4A 1955 1958. Via St.Pat's, Donegall St

sj

« Reply #2343 on: August 18, 2019, 10:30:31 PM »
Hello all,
Just came across this forum; St.Pat's 4A 1955 1958. Via St.Pat's, Donegall St
[size=78%] Hello A. F.[/size]
[size=78%]Great to have an old hand on this thread [/size]
[size=78%]If you Joined in 1955 did you start in 2A..[/size]
[size=78%]I started in 1A and there are a few of our vintage here.[/size]
[size=78%]Tell us who was in your class and do you still live in Belfast..[/size]
[size=78%]Great to have you here. [/size] ::)

AF

« Reply #2344 on: August 19, 2019, 12:23:01 AM »
Hello SJ,
Coming from St.Pat,s Donegall St. age 13, I and others of similar age started in 4A. This group included people from Earl St., Hardinge St. schools etc.
The place was still being finished when we moved in no canteen, equipment still not wired up. O'Neill was Principal with Steele as Deputy.
I can only remember a couple of names from the period Oliver O'Rawe (I met once on the Antrim Rd. C.1974), Aloysius Mahomed (whom I still see occasionally, when he's over from London).
They're the only two people I've ever met since. Possibly because I went into the Merchant Navy as a Marine Radio Officer a year or so after leaving and spent most of my time away. Around the early eighties I ran into Dermot Denver who at that time was Principal of a school in the Beechmount area. He was the only member of staff I've met since.
Sorry I can't remember more names (my memory for names was always pretty bad) although I can remember more faces.
Living in Belfast.

sj

« Reply #2345 on: August 19, 2019, 06:38:03 AM »
Hello SJ,
Coming from St.Pat,s Donegall St. age 13, I and others of similar age started in 4A. This group included people from Earl St., Hardinge St. schools etc.
The place was still being finished when we moved in no canteen, equipment still not wired up. O'Neill was Principal with Steele as Deputy.
I can only remember a couple of names from the period Oliver O'Rawe (I met once on the Antrim Rd. C.1974), Aloysius Mahomed (whom I still see occasionally, when he's over from London).
They're the only two people I've ever met since. Possibly because I went into the Merchant Navy as a Marine Radio Officer a year or so after leaving and spent most of my time away. Around the early eighties I ran into Dermot Denver who at that time was Principal of a school in the Beechmount area. He was the only member of staff I've met since.
Sorry I can't remember more names (my memory for names was always pretty bad) although I can remember more faces.
Living in Belfast.

Hello A.F.
I can remember Aloysius Mohammid vividly.  He was the first leader of the past pupils association and in the year that he was leaving Paddy O'Neill called a meeting of students who were leaving the next year.  I can remember a chess society  and a P.P. basketball association being organised.  No doubt some other societies were founded but they escape me.  I think that the basketball association lasted for about 4 years or so.   Some members of it were Charlie Malone, Seamus Lavery, Tommy Quinn, Frank Mc Donnell, ( who might have been in your year  but all from Holy Family primary. )  Sam O'Neill, ( Star of the Sea ),Leonard Hughes, Marvin Blake,George Rooney, ( Holy Family ) and Anthony Vernon ( Millfield primary ).  Do you remember any of those names.
Did you have Billy O'Neill who taught Irish , History and Religious studies.?
Regards,
Sam O'Neill.

sj

« Reply #2346 on: August 29, 2019, 09:46:21 AM »
 I can remember a trip to Ballycastle with the P.P. Basketball club about 1957.  I was still at school and about 3A. :)