Author Topic: St Patrick's Barnageeha, Antrim Road  (Read 327159 times)

sweenytodd

Re: St Patrick's Barnageeha, Antrim Road
« Reply #2355 on: January 23, 2020, 06:11:27 PM »
Hi Sam and Thanks Dub, ye Sam went up to Holy Family day but didn't know to many people a couple off ladies sisters off Tucker Moreland From Lepper st and Eamon Holmes Brother.Eamon was there but very busy. Other than that not a very exciting day. Where are you in Dublin Dub i live  now out in Ratoath used to live in Palmerstown. I wonder do we know each other from Belfast Sam will prob be able to tell us.Sam do you remember Terry Mc Stravick Death in Irish News Yesterday and i think it was him RIP

Bread Basket

« Reply #2356 on: January 23, 2020, 06:33:14 PM »
Hi Sam and Thanks Dub, ye Sam went up to Holy Family day but didn't know to many people a couple off ladies sisters off Tucker Moreland From Lepper st and Eamon Holmes Brother.Eamon was there but very busy. Other than that not a very exciting day. Where are you in Dublin Dub i live  now out in Ratoath used to live in Palmerstown. I wonder do we know each other from Belfast Sam will prob be able to tell us.Sam do you remember Terry Mc Stravick Death in Irish News Yesterday and i think it was him RIP

As regards Barney.  I was same class as Leonard Holmes from 65 to 70.  I did another year for an A level but I think that was the last time I saw Leonard.

Sweeney, knew Morelands from Lepper St. Tommy was the father, knew Maura & Adelaide best, Mrs Moreland was a lovely woman.
[/font]

sj

« Reply #2357 on: January 23, 2020, 09:52:31 PM »

Hugh
He was in my class for a long time and his cousin Laurence Bannon was in 1b maybe. On the New Lodge I think that they both died sometime ago. I could be mistaken.
Hopefully some other old timers NBC's will see this and make contact.  How did the book sales go.  Have I left it too late.  I saw your photo on the old barbers thread which was good.  I read Joe Tully,s obituary .  He might have been in Dub,s class
Keep safe  :)

I'm patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it ...

sweenytodd

« Reply #2358 on: January 23, 2020, 11:36:19 PM »
Remember Laurence he went to Holy Family with me Also heard that Seamus Leich who used to live on the Road his dad clwaned all the brass stuff and had it in the window off his shop Died in New york a good few years ago. Book sales went very well we had a second print off them Done but much slower. They will sell through our own outlets.

Dub

« Reply #2359 on: January 24, 2020, 05:51:01 PM »
Hugh
He was in my class for a long time and his cousin Laurence Bannon was in 1b maybe. On the New Lodge I think that they both died sometime ago. I could be mistaken.
Hopefully some other old timers NBC's will see this and make contact.  How did the book sales go.  Have I left it too late.  I saw your photo on the old barbers thread which was good.  I read Joe Tully,s obituary .  He might have been in Dub,s class
Keep safe  :)
Yes sJ, Joe was in my class. We both started on the same day and were good class mates. He was a fantastic runner at the school sports. Joe later qualified as an architect.  We lost contact for many years as we got on with our own lives.  In more recent years we met up several times with the Barney boys and then he wasn't able to attend as he was away in his house in Spain a lot.  When I heard that he had died I was shocked, as I never knew that he was ill.
                                                                                                                                               All the best, Dub.
If you don't read the papers,you are not informed.
When you do read the papers, you are misinformed.  ( Mark Twain. )

sj

« Reply #2360 on: January 24, 2020, 09:34:11 PM »
Yes sJ, Joe was in my class. We both started on the same day and were good class mates. He was a fantastic runner at the school sports. Joe later qualified as an architect.  We lost contact for many years as we got on with our own lives.  In more recent years we met up several times with the Barney boys and then he wasn't able to attend as he was away in his house in Spain a lot.  When I heard that he had died I was shocked, as I never knew that he was ill.
                                                                                                                                               All the best, Dub.

Alex

Hugh used to meet him in Spain or maybe Grand Canaria
 :)

sweenytodd

« Reply #2361 on: January 25, 2020, 11:19:37 PM »
Ye Dub used to meet Joe every Year actually Met His sister inlaw Gerldine and was having a drink one night and was introduced to Joe a nice guy and easy going. Last time i saw him was up beside where he had his home.We were both in a Indian Resturant Long way From New Lodge  ha ha. didn't look that well then Next i heard he had Passed Rip. Still in contact with one off his Brother in laws a real charachter

sj

« Reply #2362 on: February 06, 2020, 03:10:54 AM »
Have you noticed that recently many of the other Secondary school built about the same time have been demolished or rebuilt.
The boys model has gone and also Stella Maris.  St Gabriels & Dunlambert school. :)

Dub

« Reply #2363 on: February 06, 2020, 02:12:49 PM »
SJ , I was in the school just before it was renamed Trinity College. I took photos at the time and was given special access by the principal to the classrooms and facilities. I was very impressed with what I had seen. It is now a twenty first century school.
                                                                               All the best, Dub.
If you don't read the papers,you are not informed.
When you do read the papers, you are misinformed.  ( Mark Twain. )

sj

« Reply #2364 on: February 07, 2020, 02:16:47 AM »
Some of those other schools also didn't have enough students but on the outside from the Antrim Road the school does look a bit tired. :)

seosamh

« Reply #2365 on: February 21, 2020, 09:52:57 PM »
breadbasket would you have known my brother gerald(gerry) curley he started 65/71 I left christmas 65 he was in the A classes, I was away down in the d's lololo

Bread Basket

« Reply #2366 on: February 21, 2020, 09:56:48 PM »
breadbasket would you have known my brother gerald(gerry) curley he started 65/71 I left christmas 65 he was in the A classes, I was away down in the d's lololo
Yep, Gerry was in the B stream.... he was mates with Kearns.  canít remember 1st name at the moment as the Pinot Grigio is flowing 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Bread Basket

« Reply #2367 on: February 21, 2020, 09:57:52 PM »
Francie Kearns? ? ?