Author Topic: St Patrick's Barnageeha, Antrim Road  (Read 333278 times)

sweenytodd

Re: St Patrick's Barnageeha, Antrim Road
« Reply #2370 on: February 25, 2020, 04:52:09 PM »
Sam Old age at last ha ha

sj

« Reply #2371 on: February 26, 2020, 03:41:52 AM »
Sam Old age at last ha ha

At last?   I did notice the difference in spelling but though that the question was worth asking. Just in case  breadbasket had the wrong spelling
I see that a new school is being built on the old site of Archie,s dam.  The present school is being demolished. :-\
I'm patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it ...

sweenytodd

« Reply #2372 on: February 26, 2020, 09:49:05 AM »
Have not been Around the area in a long time have to make trip soon Photo exhibition coming up I think .

sj

« Reply #2373 on: February 27, 2020, 06:59:44 AM »
Have not been Around the area in a long time have to make trip soon Photo exhibition coming up I think .

Is your grandad's place still standing ?

Bread Basket

« Reply #2374 on: February 27, 2020, 04:45:08 PM »
At last?   I did notice the difference in spelling but though that the question was worth asking. Just in case  breadbasket had the wrong spelling
I see that a new school is being built on the old site of Archie,s dam.  The present school is being demolished. :-\

Sam,
what I can tell you is that Francie Kearns ( would be around 66 if still living) did have an older brother but no idea of his name or age. However what I do know is that the elder brother was playing for a North England football team, Burnley I think and had a trial for Man Utd, that would have been early 60ís.

sweenytodd

« Reply #2375 on: February 27, 2020, 05:38:08 PM »
Sam sad to say they Knocked down our side off the road for redevelopment But they left the other side standing, Could never understand it there was no bathrooms in the ones across the road, But its a long time ago now.Will take a few photos the next time i am up But it is not like it was when you and I were growing up. We could walk down the road and know no one. They talk about New Lodge Past and its back to the 80s ha ha Rant over It is probably a better place Today.I don't think so

sj

« Reply #2376 on: February 28, 2020, 04:07:46 AM »
Sam,
what I can tell you is that Francie Kearns ( would be around 66 if still living) did have an older brother but no idea of his name or age. However what I do know is that the elder brother was playing for a North England football team, Burnley I think and had a trial for Man Utd, that would have been early 60ís.

Hello Bread basket,
The person whom I knew was Jim Cairns who lived in Spamount St and went to the Star of the Sea school.  His name is a different spelling.  He lives in America today.  He lived in the lower end of Spamount St near Twickenham St.  There are a lot of Belfast people in Burnley. ;)

sj

« Reply #2377 on: February 28, 2020, 04:18:32 AM »
Sam sad to say they Knocked down our side off the road for redevelopment But they left the other side standing, Could never understand it there was no bathrooms in the ones across the road, But its a long time ago now.Will take a few photos the next time i am up But it is not like it was when you and I were growing up. We could walk down the road and know no one. They talk about New Lodge Past and its back to the 80s ha ha Rant over It is probably a better place Today.I don't think so
Thanks Hugh.    The area has been decimated and student accommodation for about 8000 built on the old Co-Op site but they are not open yet.   As Frank O'Neill would say " Keep er lit "?
Frank is from the butchers on Duncairn Gdns. Seemingly he met Frank Carson when both were crossing Dublin airport one day.  From one escalator to another Frank Carson shouted " Hey O'Neill , Catholics are allowed to eat your Da'[size=78%]s beef sausages on a Friday".    How  come,? said Frank O'Neill.    Because there is no meat in them.  .you can tell that I have Billy Steele for English.??[/size] :D [size=78%]?[/size]

sweenytodd

« Reply #2378 on: February 28, 2020, 05:40:41 PM »
Used to Cut Franks hair,as his Da would say Our Frank Hair had a very distinctive Voice.

johnmc

« Reply #2379 on: June 06, 2020, 12:10:54 PM »
didn,t go to Bearny myself but I met an old pupil last week . Paddy Mc Gavock ex Roughfort Inn
                              johnmc

sj

« Reply #2380 on: June 07, 2020, 12:55:04 PM »
didn,t go to Bearny myself but I met an old pupil last week . Paddy Mc Gavock ex Roughfort Inn
                              johnmc
Sean.   Did he really go to Barney?
Which year
I remember when the family came to Belfast. I met Alex. I think that was his name,who was a boxer   They later bought the Roughford. :)

johnmc

« Reply #2381 on: June 08, 2020, 04:34:20 AM »
had a chat with Patrick in a carpark here.
          The family moved tp the cavehill rd area.
           He namd a few people from B . Steele , harry Enright .
               Patrick mentioned he came to Oz in 1966
          He reckons the B A  bulldozed the Roughford to the ground
                        johnmc

sj

« Reply #2382 on: June 08, 2020, 05:09:51 AM »
had a chat with Patrick in a carpark here.
          The family moved tp the cavehill rd area.
           He namd a few people from B . Steele , harry Enright .
               Patrick mentioned he came to Oz in 1966
          He reckons the B A  bulldozed the Roughford to the ground
                        johnmc
I was only in it once.  I thought that they watered the spirits.
Sam :)

sj

« Reply #2383 on: June 24, 2020, 07:09:58 AM »
 Came across a post on facebook this morning that the N.I. Education board has decided to redevelop the school site of The Little Flower and St Patrick's Bearnageeha and build a new school or a super school.    Has anyone heard that officially .
So the history of Bearnageeha will disappear just like past schools and it was just 65 years old.   It will be a sad day ? :)

tours

« Reply #2384 on: June 24, 2020, 10:17:44 PM »
Came across a post on facebook this morning that the N.I. Education board has decided to redevelop the school site of The Little Flower and St Patrick's Bearnageeha and build a new school or a super school.    Has anyone heard that officially .
So the history of Bearnageeha will disappear just like past schools and it was just 65 years old.   It will be a sad day ? :)
It will be a great new school with the same great name, 'Blessed Holy Trinity'.
Keeping Our Catholic Faiths ethos....
Given todays crazy world, it will be good to know that many children will be instilled with a Catholic Christian moral compass.
Much needed these days.