Author Topic: St Patrick's Barnageeha, Antrim Road  (Read 301146 times)

deirdre

Re: St Patrick's Barnageeha, Antrim Road
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2007, 09:21:02 AM »
hi , my brothers all went to barney, 1963/64,and one then taught there for a year kevin brennan art and spanish. and i was a little weed.you barney boys teased us with impressions off bill and ben,popalopla weeeeeed.anyone remember sister ringo,she didnt like barney boys hanging around the school gate ;D

Gerd

« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2007, 09:32:33 AM »
Yes Deirdre, its confession time.   I cannot lie, I was there at the front shouting and making Bill and Ben noises to you Little Weedies !!!!!

It was a very longtime ago about 47 years or so !!!!   I remember somebody telling us off and threatening to tell  Willie John so it might have been her.

I do hope I will be forgiven for I was young and egged on by all the others !!!!
If you cant say anything nice then dont say anything !

deirdre

« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2007, 09:54:56 AM »
47 yrs ago, that was you, the warnings sister ringo give us about you, horrid boy ;D the truth be known we did look like weeds skinny little things dressed in petrol blue uniforms. ;)

Gerd

« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2007, 10:17:16 AM »
Yeah but if I had known how you were all going to grow up,   I might (nae would) have treated you better. !!!!  We could have met up in Astor or Romano's or even the Boom Boom rooms.  Remember them !!!!!

If you cant say anything nice then dont say anything !

deirdre

« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2007, 11:29:30 AM »
romanos was the place for me, i remember joe dolan playing there and some girl hit me over the head with her wire hair brush because i stood between her and the stage ,up on that stage she wanted and nothing could stop her.after that i tried the jazz club, but the big bully bouncer wouldnt  let me in,i told me ma and when he came home me ma give out to him. brothers who'd have them.

belfastman

« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2007, 12:53:01 PM »
hi i was at barney in the late 60s early 70s O0

grendelkiller

« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2007, 02:56:02 PM »
47 yrs ago, that was you, the warnings sister ringo give us about you, horrid boy ;D the truth be known we did look like weeds skinny little things dressed in petrol blue uniforms. ;)

u go to little flower ???
Grendel is dead.

seosamh

« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2007, 08:25:18 PM »
I went to barny 1961-1965 the teachers sladdered us especially o'hara the science master.he beat us with the strap and yard stick the whole period and never taught us anything.but our class backed each other up.only teacher we could control was ould chanter allen we were a great class i was in 1d 2d 3d 4d.went on the beek on my last week before leaving didn't give those mad teachers the chance to beat me ha ha ;D

sj

« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2007, 11:59:56 PM »
I went to Barnageeha from '55 and was one of the first through the front door. Paddy O'Neill was the principal and as I saw it he had a bunch of very dedicated teachers.  You get out of it what you put in.   I can remember a soccer final when we played a team that included George Best, Briggs ( in goal,) and Mc Mordie .  All of whom became International players.
I came from Australia for the 50th celebrations and together with Gerd( he forgot me)I had a great time.   What made it for me was meeting those  old school friends.  They were a great bunch of people and I don't carry any baggage from those days
I'm patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it ...

sj

« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2007, 11:51:18 AM »
Hello Mageeka

You went to Barney ...when did you go and do you live in America now.   Saw a conversation between you and Maurice about old musicians which was very good. It was a little like Hercule Pirot using his little grey cells.....great ...did you really play classical music.     I do believe you but did the school teach classical music...you are a bit like James Galway.                    Sam

Mageeka

« Reply #40 on: September 27, 2007, 04:26:31 PM »
Hi Sam
I left barney in 1962  I was playing way before I went to Barney.  When I arrived at the school Mr Cooney RIP grabbed me and made me perform with his choir  I was happy doing this and believe it, or not I learned a lot from those performances  Yes, I totally play classical and still perform and teach privately.  I still experiment with different mouthpieces, clarinets reeds etc.
So much development has taken place during the last few decades in the instrument manufacturing.  It almost becomes an addictive disease to the player. who continually seeks improvement with the new tools on the market 

maggiemay

« Reply #41 on: September 27, 2007, 04:33:56 PM »
Good for you,Mageeha 
Maggiemay

sj

« Reply #42 on: September 28, 2007, 12:29:33 AM »
Mageeka

I have sent you a P.M. so look out for it.   I have met some former pupils who have like yourself taken an opportunity and done well.   The troubles seems to have effected the school quite badly .

sj

« Reply #43 on: September 28, 2007, 12:33:59 AM »
Hello Mageeka

I will have to leave you now as the weather is really nice and I want to get onto the beach for a walk before the tourists invade it. .ah Queensland weather....great one day perfect the next.

Mageeka

« Reply #44 on: September 28, 2007, 01:03:10 AM »
Hi S J
Got your e mail
It is a small world  Believe it or not S.   Many of us from barney who live in different countries have had parallel lives  I will explain in a P M :)