Author Topic: St Patrick's Barnageeha, Antrim Road  (Read 317361 times)

seos

Re: St Patrick's Barnageeha, Antrim Road
« Reply #2295 on: February 05, 2019, 03:26:45 PM »
Hi  Sam seems as if we are the only ones around.I was Prefect from first year i started and should know Brendan Murphy as you know i went to Holy Family as well. I find there are certain times off my life i can recall with great affection others not quite as well, Think it is an age thing Hope you are keeping well and getting ready for Christmas. The Book launch went very well and it is selling great Think it Might  make the top ten for Christmas Fingers crossed.Happy Christmas Sam and off course your Family
sweeny you mentioned you went to holy family would you know is a couple of lads that were in same class as me are still about ... henry connolly. and charlie jones, charlie lived above his dad's butchers shop on the falls just past albert st last I seen him was the nite troubles started aug 69 we were fighting the prods at the junction trying to keep them of the falls wee henry lived in torrens

sweenytodd

« Reply #2296 on: February 05, 2019, 04:38:22 PM »
Sorry Seos don't recall any off the two lads that you mentioned Sam Just might as him and i both graduated to ST Pats you like  that Graduated ha ha sorry no help

seos

« Reply #2297 on: February 06, 2019, 04:31:23 PM »
Sorry Seos don't recall any off the two lads that you mentioned Sam Just might as him and i both graduated to ST Pats you like  that Graduated ha ha sorry no help
no problem sweeney, graduated willy john was glad to get rid of me lolol, did you ever live I think fairview st off crumlin rd, I knew a john sweeney who went to barny he was a brilliant cyclist

sweenytodd

« Reply #2298 on: February 06, 2019, 06:41:04 PM »
Seos have you on two pages No always on the New lodge Moved South in 1972  for a few years till the trouble ended 2 young sons Now sons have families who are growing up and i love Living here Best move i ever made

sj

« Reply #2299 on: February 07, 2019, 06:49:04 AM »
Sweeney the Holy Family that you talk about is between the Limestone Rd, Atlantic Ave and Duncairn Gdns.   Maybe Seos is talking about another one someplace near the Falls Rd as I don't remember either blokes. That was a long way away from St Patricks :)
Hugh when you left Belfast in 1972 did you come back before eventually settling near Dublin. :)
I'm patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it ...

sweenytodd

« Reply #2300 on: February 07, 2019, 05:51:32 PM »
Sam Think you are probably right a different Holy Family sorry Seol. No when we came South in 72 we never went back have been here since Lived first  In Dublin Suburb and About 15 years ago moved to County Meath Beside Fairyhouse  Racecourse. The Queen has still one sister left in Belfast and i have a few Uncles and aunts so we try to visit as much as we can.Roads are much better now and i drive a better car so journey only takes about hour twenty Hope you are well and Looking forward to seeing Joe In Spain this summer

sj

« Reply #2301 on: February 19, 2019, 01:58:59 AM »
Sam Think you are probably right a different Holy Family sorry Seol. No when we came South in 72 we never went back have been here since Lived first  In Dublin Suburb and About 15 years ago moved to County Meath Beside Fairyhouse  Racecourse. The Queen has still one sister left in Belfast and i have a few Uncles and aunts so we try to visit as much as we can.Roads are much better now and i drive a better car so journey only takes about hour twenty Hope you are well and Looking forward to seeing Joe In Spain this summer

Is that Joe Tully.  Did you see him last year.   ?

sweenytodd

« Reply #2302 on: February 19, 2019, 05:06:10 PM »
No Sam did not see him but talked to his sister in law Geraldine said he had been over a few times that was all ???/

sj

« Reply #2303 on: February 22, 2019, 10:56:01 PM »
No Sam did not see him but talked to his sister in law Geraldine said he had been over a few times that was all ??? /

I see that the name of the school is not Trinity College but Blessed Trinity college.   Who picked that name ?? :D

seos

« Reply #2304 on: March 04, 2019, 01:18:47 PM »
sween the other school you would be thinking off would be holy child in andy town, harry was a small lad he had a brother who was a prefect in gce class  big charlie jones's da owned a butchers on the falls,there was another lad in the class who knocked about with them went to holy family with them he was called jim fanning the year we were at barny was 62/65

sweenytodd

« Reply #2305 on: March 04, 2019, 04:34:35 PM »
Hope you are well Sam not a lot happening on this page anymore, would be good to see it kept open

tours

« Reply #2306 on: March 04, 2019, 05:22:25 PM »
I see that the name of the school is not Trinity College but Blessed Trinity college.   Who picked that name ?? :D
Why, what's your problem with it??
What's funny about it ??

sj

« Reply #2307 on: March 05, 2019, 03:40:39 AM »
Hope you are well Sam not a lot happening on this page anymore, would be good to see it kept open
It would be good to see it kept open but it seems that noone is interested anymore.       :)  In relation to your business, my mother was the book keeper of the man who owned the Academy hairdressing school ( Can't remember his name ).    It was sad to see a great man like Billy O'Neill pass away. Is the school being used to educate particular years and other the older children educated at the girls school.    Gerry Camplisson's daughter is a teacher at the school or used to be.  Gerry was the same age as us and was in our class.( Were you and I in the same class because I think that we were.) :D

seos

« Reply #2308 on: March 05, 2019, 02:56:21 PM »
hope you don't have to close the page sj

sweenytodd

« Reply #2309 on: March 05, 2019, 04:55:15 PM »
Same class Sam Started in 1a finished in 5A was prefect for most off them years Think still same age group at the school [Collage] Are you talking about young Pat O Neill  he was our age, didn't hear anything about him he had older brother who went to Holy Family with me his name was Hugh. Cant remember the guy who ran the  Hairdressing Acadamy but i think he was Jewish. I started serving my time in the Waldorf Carlisle Circus  John Mc Keown owned it He also had a school upstairs.My uncle rented the barbers shop from him Hugo Mc Collam from Cushendall a great character. So i started my time with him