Author Topic: Who do you know from the Market  (Read 311791 times)

JEANJEANNIE

Who do you know from the Market
« on: November 12, 2011, 11:50:05 PM »
Got a lend of this pic to-day in the PD Club. A well known Market man (the only one I know in the photo)  from a well known Market family, eating the food. Looks like a publicity shot.  Recognize anyone else in the photo?

[Topic split as big topics can be bad for server performance. Original thread can be found here.  - Admin]

Dolly

Re: Re: Who do you know from the Market
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2011, 01:15:57 AM »
my 14lb pudding

cannon

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2011, 10:39:44 AM »
Got a lend of this pic to-day in the PD Club. A well known Market man (the only one I know in the photo)  from a well known Market family, eating the food. Looks like a publicity shot.  Recognize anyone else in the photo?
JEANJEANNIE, is that Gerry Smyth?        cannon

JEANJEANNIE

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2011, 01:51:32 PM »
Cannon...It's Freddie Webb (Rea) Willie's older brother. It looks like a press shot prior to a fight. Possibly Jackie Wilson for the NI Area Middleweight title. The other man would probably be the opponent.

antrimgal

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2011, 01:59:35 AM »
The girl on the right looks like Mary Walsh from Eliza St.

kate.o

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2011, 05:40:52 AM »
doe's anyone know, did freddie and willie rea
have a younger brother named harry? :-* :-*

JEANJEANNIE

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2011, 02:26:41 PM »

Yes...Harry was Willie's brother. He went to England and boxed professional under the name Ray Henry. I think he died in England, This is the only picture I have of Harry, It's from an old yellowed newspaper cutting. Harry was a good looking guy, taller and heavier than Willie. A group of Market guys. Harry and Junior Morrison among them used to sing harmonies at the street corner, and they were really good, Belfast's first boy band.

JEANJEANNIE

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2011, 03:53:04 PM »
Yes...Harry was Willie's brother. He went to England and boxed professional under the name Ray Henry. I think he died in England, This is the only picture I have of Harry, It's from an old yellowed newspaper cutting. Harry was a good looking guy, taller and heavier than Willie. A group of Market guys. Harry and Junior Morrison among them used to sing harmonies at the street corner, and they were really good, Belfast's first boy band   
Resizer up the left again...hope this is a more respectable size

JEANJEANNIE

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2011, 09:20:35 PM »

A bit late but good enough to eat at any time of the year. Dolly's baking skills are a tradition now on the Forum...

Johnboy

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2011, 10:26:00 PM »
the man in photo in the light suit might be skin callahan rip

irish colleen

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2011, 01:50:12 AM »
dolly that is a beautiful pudding   would love a big piece fo that with some good custard  yum yum   happy thanksgiving  from AZ    IC
HAPPINESS IS BEING IRISH

kate.o

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2011, 05:15:27 AM »
Yes...Harry was Willie's brother. He went to England and boxed professional under the name Ray Henry. I think he died in England, This is the only picture I have of Harry, It's from an old yellowed newspaper cutting. Harry was a good looking guy, taller and heavier than Willie. A group of Market guys. Harry and Junior Morrison among them used to sing harmonies at the street corner, and they were really good, Belfast's first boy band   
Resizer up the left again...hope this is a more respectable size
thank you so much,jeanjeannie, i never seen harry since late 50s and did not know he had passed rip. i was sorry to hear that.do you know how junior is doing, have not seen him since the 50s either.  *

sydenhambetty

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2011, 07:02:25 AM »
RIP Harry Rea, another old friend gone. :(
Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination.  Oscar Wilde

kate.o

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2011, 09:17:54 AM »
RIP Harry Rea, another old friend gone. :(
hi betty,it's awful when you think of
someone you knew and wonder how they are
to hear they passed on it is sad. :(

sydenhambetty

« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2011, 03:01:17 PM »
kate, first I was shocked to learn that Willie was dead. We were very close as my friend went out with him for years. Often wondered what happened to them both. Very sad indeed. :(
Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination.  Oscar Wilde