Author Topic: Who do u know from the pound loney area?  (Read 74100 times)

teasy

Re: Who do u know from the pound loney area?
« Reply #525 on: March 31, 2016, 01:38:54 AM »

teasy

« Reply #526 on: March 31, 2016, 01:39:25 AM »
Thanks moderators

teasy

« Reply #527 on: March 31, 2016, 01:48:46 AM »
Rathbone still fighting with this but it goes with the picture tell your Paul was asking about him

Tears swell thoughts abound
In our minds recurrences found
Childhood exploits to aged times
Flash before our eyes
Things grieved, lost gone
Forever live in me
Time will come and go
Those memories once ours
Now remembered so they lie
Closeted  in a  Mahoney  frame
Laid out In silence claim
Those that remember
Now like the buildings gone
Their life  dissected   Yet lovingly
Lost spark that once lit life
Their passing  a void left
Reminders scent. Smile touch
never again felt
Memories on my mind
Will forever stay

RATHBONE

« Reply #528 on: March 31, 2016, 08:44:16 AM »
Rathbone still fighting with this but it goes with the picture tell your Paul was asking about him

Tears swell thoughts abound
In our minds recurrences found
Childhood exploits to aged times
Flash before our eyes
Things grieved, lost gone
Forever live in me
Time will come and go
Those memories once ours
Now remembered so they lie
Closeted  in a  Mahoney  frame
Laid out In silence claim
Those that remember
Now like the buildings gone
Their life  dissected   Yet lovingly
Lost spark that once lit life
Their passing  a void left
Reminders scent. Smile touch
never again felt
Memories on my mind
Will forever stay

What can I say .. That's beautiful Teasy ..memories will always be with us God bless xx ;) ;)

teasy

« Reply #529 on: April 12, 2016, 08:35:01 PM »
So many memories within this foto  my Gran sitting at her front  door draped in a black shawl my late brother I can see him yet with his secret. Sweet stash  on a Friday night  thanks c/o Baldy Billy's,. Ten of us lived there
Do you remember the great snow to hot summers when you could have fried an egg on the cooperation flagstones . Guider races  handball on our gable wall. We had a water tap behind our front door who said we had no amminities.  Friday nights tin bath in front of a big fire fish and Chips.
One could walk the streets at night games like skipping  leap frog kick the Tim , rallio  Christmas time you got  what could be afforded and that was not much but we were happy.  yes Rarhbone  memories  forever live within us

Kathleen

« Reply #530 on: August 23, 2016, 02:22:16 AM »
well although, I knew and heard about lots of people who lived in and around the Loney. My granda had a wee shop at 25 Cullingtree Rd., The Donnellys were Philiip Donnelly. Elizabeth Donnelly nee Sloan. Children Mary ( She was headmistress of St. Comgalls) Margaret Rosaleen Patrick and James. My other  granny Beattie before she married.......her family name was Matthews,my great grandmother was Catherine Matthews, gr grandfather Thomas Matthews,one other child Michael.MY granny Beattie after she married lived in Gilford St.,with her husband Patrick J. Beattie they had 8 children lncluding my mammy Agnes Beattie. She married my daddie Patrick Donnelly and they lived at 44 Millford St. He also had a wee shop there. My Mammy R.I.P. died when I was an infant,so that is why I know all about peoples names but not the people. My granny reared me with the help of my Aunt Josephine Beattie and they moved to Oakman St. and then Beechmount St., when it was newly built.I could go on and on but I don't want to bore you. However any names you need to know in that area, just as me??;)
BTW can anyone tell me who built all those wee houses. They evidently sold them to people around. My grand Donnelly owned half of Cinnamon St and part of Mc Donald and Raglan St. I have often wondered about that. Maybe Chris knows???? Regards Kathleen

Loneygrandchild

« Reply #531 on: August 23, 2016, 03:20:35 AM »
well although, I knew and heard about lots of people who lived in and around the Loney. My granda had a wee shop at 25 Cullingtree Rd., The Donnellys were Philiip Donnelly. Elizabeth Donnelly nee Sloan. Children Mary ( She was headmistress of St. Comgalls) Margaret Rosaleen Patrick and James. My other  granny Beattie before she married.......her family name was Matthews,my great grandmother was Catherine Matthews, gr grandfather Thomas Matthews,one other child Michael.MY granny Beattie after she married lived in Gilford St.,with her husband Patrick J. Beattie they had 8 children lncluding my mammy Agnes Beattie. She married my daddie Patrick Donnelly and they lived at 44 Millford St. He also had a wee shop there. My Mammy R.I.P. died when I was an infant,so that is why I know all about peoples names but not the people. My granny reared me with the help of my Aunt Josephine Beattie and they moved to Oakman St. and then Beechmount St., when it was newly built.I could go on and on but I don't want to bore you. However any names you need to know in that area, just as me?? ;)
BTW can anyone tell me who built all those wee houses. They evidently sold them to people around. My grand Donnelly owned half of Cinnamon St and part of Mc Donald and Raglan St. I have often wondered about that. Maybe Chris knows? ??? Regards Kathleen
Hi Kathleen, thanks for sharing your family story.
I have Donnellys in my family tree & I have saved so much info relating to the Donnelly name.
Some of the Donnelly info I have belongs to other families so your story helps me sort out my info.
I have a few certs relating to your Donnellys if you would like them (maybe you already have them?).
My Great Grandparents were Felix Donnelly & Mary Ann Foster of Albert, Divis, Osman, Cyprus & Cavendish Street to name a few.
My Grandparents were Mary Donnelly & James Madden of Oakman Street.
Do you know anything about these Donnellys?
LGC
Dempsey Rooney McGivern Nolan Hughes O'Neill Bogue O'Hara Boyle Madden Donnelly Downey Fegan Foster Farr Sheils McCormack Gracey Gallagher McDowell

doare.

« Reply #532 on: August 23, 2016, 03:55:58 AM »
Hi Kathleen, thanks for sharing your family story.
I have Donnellys in my family tree & I have saved so much info relating to the Donnelly name.
Some of the Donnelly info I have belongs to other families so your story helps me sort out my info.
I have a few certs relating to your Donnellys if you would like them (maybe you already have them?).
My Great Grandparents were Felix Donnelly & Mary Ann Foster of Albert, Divis, Osman, Cyprus & Cavendish Street to name a few.
My Grandparents were Mary Donnelly & James Madden of Oakman Street.
Do you know anything about these Donnellys?
LGC
john Donnelly in Murdock st, owned the barbers shop on divis st....nice guy..
its not what we don't know that gets us in trouble..its what we know for sure that just aint so..mark twain

McNamee

« Reply #533 on: August 23, 2016, 08:34:27 AM »
John Donnelly RIP married a girl from my Street, Lily McGurgan. RIP

Loneygrandchild

« Reply #534 on: August 23, 2016, 03:59:23 PM »
Hi, thanks for replying but I donít believe that is my John Donnelly.
My Great Granda Felix Donnelly was a butcher as were some of his sons.
I have quite a bit of info on them but there are still some family members I haven't been able to find.
I am looking for the family of Elizabeth Donnelly, she first married Thomas Maguire of Oakman Street in 1934 & then Samuel (Sammy) Dickson.
I know the Maguires lived in Andytown far a while.
I know that Lizzie Dickson died in Coventry.
Not sure what happened to Sammy after that.
LGC
Dempsey Rooney McGivern Nolan Hughes O'Neill Bogue O'Hara Boyle Madden Donnelly Downey Fegan Foster Farr Sheils McCormack Gracey Gallagher McDowell

teasy

« Reply #535 on: August 23, 2016, 11:40:01 PM »
Words come easy, families leave us. Friends made should be cherished I lost [size=78%]two family members and three close friends and the year is not out. So we mourne keep our memories. Too you who in have met during my time in the site I thank you all for allowing me into your space it has enlightened me I will continue to read your posts and  might even stsrt. Writing again [/size]

loney boy

« Reply #536 on: June 20, 2017, 10:48:52 AM »

Joe Burns  "world wide removals" Pound Path.  He used to park his lorry in a gateway in Instituation Place sometimes
World Wide Removals lol I took some stick about that at school lol the furthest it went was Cork haha and only once lol.
Forget the past ,lets hope its made our future

LONE RANGER

« Reply #537 on: February 13, 2018, 09:28:03 AM »
LOOKING TO CONTACT THE LAVERY FAMILY FROM 13, THAMES STREET, THE ARTHURS FAMILY FROM 1, THAMES STREET , 1952 / 1968 .