Author Topic: CANADA TO-DAY.  (Read 1442959 times)

jackiehillis

Re: CANADA TO-DAY.
« Reply #21510 on: April 20, 2018, 02:52:27 AM »
Jackie we're seniors we should have gotten a refund :D
                Your absolutely right Ruby. That's our government.    :-* :-*
"Don't walk in front of me" "I  don't want you to lead " " Don't walk behind me" "I don't want you to follow" " Walk beside me and be my friend "

urneygirl

« Reply #21511 on: April 21, 2018, 02:47:35 PM »
Liz, if you're looking in I hope you're  feeing better :-* :-*

To all our wee chums Near & Far I hope you all enjoy whatever you're up to this weekend   :-**

IRISHDIVA

« Reply #21512 on: April 21, 2018, 10:56:00 PM »
Liz, I am so sorry to hear about the shingles, please be very careful and do as the doctors tell you to do. I have a friend and she had it in her eye and on her head and they told her that is worst place to get them. I got the vaccine about 6 years ago and it cost me also $120. The Doctor talked me into it as I have had chicken pox twice. The vaccine will not stop you from getting it but it will be a much milder dose of the shingles. Anyway keep well and and look after yourself.  O0
You will never know where you are going.
If you do not remember where you come from.

IRISHDIVA

« Reply #21513 on: April 21, 2018, 11:03:30 PM »
I know it's earth day tomorrow, but I did my cleanup today, lots of papers needed to be picked up in the front of the house. I wish we had the recycle bins with lids on them. Then on the windy day the plastic bottles and the other containers would not end up in my garden lol. But no complaining, I am just so glad to see the sun and not have on a coat. But still a fair bit of ice on the roof and up the side of the house. But as Mum would say, This to will pass. Hope you all have a lovely weekend. And it was great to get the windows open lol.
You will never know where you are going.
If you do not remember where you come from.

our bobby

« Reply #21514 on: April 22, 2018, 12:30:20 AM »
I am like you we get a lot of stuff blowing our way, ours is an end house and the fence juts out from the side of the garden. It traps a lot, one time though I found a 10 dollar bill, so needless to say it gets looked after on a regular basis😆😆😆😆😆

urneygirl

« Reply #21515 on: April 22, 2018, 03:16:50 PM »
Good morning all, I hope everyone gets out to enjoy this nice sunny day O0

Hi Lillian, nice to see you, we have planned to start clearing up the garden today, we have to take advantage of the nice weather and it will bring summer closer   :) Say Hi to Mavis   :-*

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #21516 on: April 23, 2018, 07:31:20 PM »

Liz, my Dr recommended the vaccine while we were there getting our Flu shot, it cost Bobby & I $220 each, not long after that I think the government were giving it free. ::) . What treatment did they give you ? I hope you feel better soon  :-* :-*
I decided I can't do with out my computer even if' i'm not long on..  ruby I 've never had the vaccine shot and was never even offered it and that is what got me mad. in the hospital last week I heard the paramedic saying it was free now but I think you have to be a certain age, 65 or 70?   I started feeling better after taking the Advil, they are the extra strength ones and they have inflammatory  in them.  I have been working on my right eye and I can open it a little.  I made an appointment for Thursday morning so Roisin is coming with me.  but guess what, my doctor phoned me and after talking with her she said I could come in anytime today and see her but I explained  I would see her on Thursday.  my right eye is sore so I try and rest it.  but I was encouraged when it opened a bit.  Liz :-* :-* 
sixtyniner

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #21517 on: April 23, 2018, 07:41:31 PM »

Liz, I am so sorry to hear about the shingles, please be very careful and do as the doctors tell you to do. I have a friend and she had it in her eye and on her head and they told her that is worst place to get them. I got the vaccine about 6 years ago and it cost me also $120. The Doctor talked me into it as I have had chicken pox twice. The vaccine will not stop you from getting it but it will be a much milder dose of the shingles. Anyway keep well and and look after yourself.  O0
so glad to hear from you Lillian,  I was talking to my sister this morning and she said her GD was very young, she's a teen now, she had it but it was mild and then it went.  I 'm glad they give it to seniors for free now, not all seniors can afford it so it should be free to them.  mine never even offered it to me, I would gladly have paid.  they said it does not guarantee you won't get it but you will  have a better chance of not getting it.  I may need to go now as brave as I am,  :D trying to use it my eye is really sore now.  I also have them on my head and parts of my body now.  I did not have them there before. the body ones are itchy but the head ones are sore.  last of that.  take care of yourself.  Liz :-* :-*
sixtyniner

Bigali

« Reply #21518 on: April 23, 2018, 10:04:03 PM »
Hi folks ,

I hope anyone who uses this thread who lives in Toronto is safe and well after the terrible events.

Alastair.
Tout Prest

urneygirl

« Reply #21519 on: April 24, 2018, 03:42:25 PM »
Thank you Alastair, its a terrible  tragedy, so far I have only seen one person identified, a lovely young woman. :(

The BF posters all live East & West of Toronto, but any of us could have been there for the day.

My daughter  is a Community Service Advocate in Toronto and could very well have been in the wrong place yesterday.

The young man is scheduled for a court appearance at 10am this morning, other than that there is no information about him.

Ruby  :-*         

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #21520 on: April 24, 2018, 03:57:06 PM »

Thank you Alastair, its a terrible  tragedy, so far I have only seen one person identified, a lovely young woman. :(

The BF posters all live East & West of Toronto, but any of us could have been there for the day.

My daughter  is a Community Service Advocate in Toronto and could very well have been in the wrong place yesterday.

The young man is scheduled for a court appearance at 10am this morning, other than that there is no information about him.

Ruby  :-*       
I am really sorry to say I did not know of this tragedy till this morning when I saw it on the news.  they don't say much about the young man who did it.  one witness said he saw the van on the sidewalk and then turn onto the road and aimed it at a person walking there and then come back to the side walk again.  >:D this has affected many people , lord have mercy on all their souls.  and all the families and friends who have lost loved ones.  who will ever understand a mine like that.  Liz :-* :-*
sixtyniner

urneygirl

« Reply #21521 on: April 24, 2018, 05:27:58 PM »
Liz, there isn't any information about the killer yet, I guess the Police have to do some investigation on him. He has been charged with 10 counts of Murder. I watched the news and it would break your heart listening to what bystanders witnessed. Apparently he was trying to get the policeman to shoot him yesterday.

Now how are you doing ? are you getting any relief, and is your eye clearing up ?   :-*

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #21522 on: April 24, 2018, 10:42:03 PM »

Liz, there isn't any information about the killer yet, I guess the Police have to do some investigation on him. He has been charged with 10 counts of Murder. I watched the news and it would break your heart listening to what bystanders witnessed. Apparently he was trying to get the policeman to shoot him yesterday.

Now how are you doing ? are you getting any relief, and is your eye clearing up ?   :-*
RUBY, I'VE STARTED WRITING IN CAPS FOR NOW AS I CAN SEE THEM BETTER.  I'M GLAD THEY DID NOT SHOOT HIM FOR NOW HE WILL FACE  ALL THOSE PEOPLE'S FAMILIES , AND THAT BRAVE POLICEMAN WHO GOT HIM WITHOUT EVEN SHOOTING, I HOPE I'M THINKING OF THE RIGHT SCENARIO ?.     MY RIGHT EYE IS CLEARING UP SOME AND EVEN OPENING BUT I HAVE TO STOP PUSHING IT AS IT GETS SORE BUT IT'S A VAST IMPROVEMENT FROM LAST WEEK.  I THINK IT HAS SOEMTHING TO DO WITH TAKING THE EXTRA STRENGTH ADVIL.   ??? ANYWAY WE'LL SEE WHAT THE DOCTOR HAS TO SAY ON THURSDAY .  KEEP WELL.  LIZ :-* :-*
sixtyniner

kraftcheese

« Reply #21523 on: April 25, 2018, 12:58:40 PM »

Very sad news out of Toronto this week.  We had a similar thing happen here in Melbourne about a year ago.  Senseless violence.  So sorry for the families and friends of the victims.

Liz, I'm glad to hear your eye's feeling a bit better.  There's nothing worse than pain and irritation in the eyes, and it's so annoying not to be able to see or read properly.  Take good care of yourself.  Hope you get encouraging news tomorrow.  :-*
Omnia in finem bona sunt. Si non bona non finis est.

urneygirl

« Reply #21524 on: April 25, 2018, 04:21:43 PM »
Hi Sarah, there is more information coming out about the Victims in this tragedy and it would break your heart, we grieve for people we didn't know and  everyone is in shock that this could happen. It frightened me that my daughter Sara could have been in that area. I'm sharing with you because I just watched the news. :( 

On a Lighter note. Liz I'm glad to hear you are improving a bit but don't overdo things. Good idea to use the larger print if it helps you.  :-*

Our couple of sunny days are over, now we're back to rain but at least it's not the white stuff :)