Author Topic: CANADA TO-DAY.  (Read 1565302 times)

SIXTYNINER

Re: CANADA TO-DAY.
« Reply #21675 on: June 02, 2018, 11:30:32 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yObOsFjNvMM

A FREIND SENT ME THIS.  I THINK YOU WILL ENJOY IT.  IT'S JAMES YOUNG.   LIZ :-*
sixtyniner

jackiehillis

« Reply #21676 on: June 03, 2018, 04:52:50 PM »
Hi everyone. We arrived safe in Belfast on Friday. Had our Meet at the Welders Club on Saturday. A brilliant night. Hope you can see the video.

https://www.facebook.com/david.morrow.3720/videos/1918033014873988/
"Don't walk in front of me" "I  don't want you to lead " " Don't walk behind me" "I don't want you to follow" " Walk beside me and be my friend "

jackiehillis

« Reply #21677 on: June 03, 2018, 05:28:54 PM »
Sorry, I dont think you will see my previous post.I didn't realize it was from facebook until after I posted it. 
"Don't walk in front of me" "I  don't want you to lead " " Don't walk behind me" "I don't want you to follow" " Walk beside me and be my friend "

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #21678 on: June 03, 2018, 07:57:52 PM »

Hi everyone. We arrived safe in Belfast on Friday. Had our Meet at the Welders Club on Saturday. A brilliant night. Hope you can see the video.

https://www.facebook.com/david.morrow.3720/videos/1918033014873988/
YOU WERE RIGHT ABOUT NOT  SEEING IT JACKIE BUT  I'M SURE YOU WILL  POST SOMETHING WE WILL BE ABLE TO SEE.  I'M GLAD YOU AND VI GOT THERE SAFE AND HAD A NICE NIGHT.   I'M SURE WITH  TOM AND SALLY ANN YOU WILL HAVE A GREAT TIME.   HOPE THE WEATHER STAYS NICE FOR YOU.   LIZ :-* :-*
sixtyniner

jackiehillis

« Reply #21679 on: June 03, 2018, 08:10:42 PM »

The generosity of the Belfast people is unbelievable. I was having a smoke in the Beer Garden at the Welders Club. A man came over and spoke to me. His name was David Mealey. I was admiring the badge on his blazer. We got to talking and it turns out his family and my family lived next door to each other in the 40's & 50's. He asked me if I liked the badge. I said " it was beautiful". He said  " It's yours " and started to take of his blazer. I said " No you can't do that ". He called a woman over and asked her to  cut it of his blazer. He was presented with it for 22 years loyal service in the Royal Irish Regiment. And here it is.

urneygirl

« Reply #21680 on: June 03, 2018, 10:54:47 PM »
Hi JACKIE, I COULDN'T SEE THE VIDEO BUT DID SEE THE PHOTOS, THE SONG MADE ME HOMESICK :( IS THAT BETH FROM COBOURG IN THE PHOTOS ?

I'M SURE YOU & VI  WILL HAVE A GREAT TIME. YOUR NEW FOUND FRIEND WAS VERY GENEROUS GIVING YOU HIS BADGE, IMAGINE MEETING SOMEONE WHO'S FAMILY KNEW YOUR FAMILY, IT'S A SMALL WORLD.   :)

LIZ, THE BAND DID A PARADE & SERVICE TODAY IN COMMERATION OF D-DAY  (JUNE 6TH ) THE SERVICE WAS HELD IN A CEMETARY AND THANKFULLY  THE RAIN HELD OFF UNTIL WE WERE FINISHED. LOTS OF YOUNG CADETS TOOK PART IN THE PARADE :) 

jackiehillis

« Reply #21681 on: June 03, 2018, 10:59:28 PM »
Hi JACKIE, I COULDN'T SEE THE VIDEO BUT DID SEE THE PHOTOS, THE SONG MADE ME HOMESICK :( IS THAT BETH FROM COBOURG IN THE PHOTOS ?

I'M SURE YOU & VI  WILL HAVE A GREAT TIME. YOUR NEW FOUND FRIEND WAS VERY GENEROUS GIVING YOU HIS BADGE, IMAGINE MEETING SOMEONE WHO'S FAMILY KNEW YOUR FAMILY, IT'S A SMALL WORLD.   :)

LIZ, THE BAND DID A PARADE & SERVICE TODAY IN COMMERATION OF D-DAY  (JUNE 6TH ) THE SERVICE WAS HELD IN A CEMETARY AND THANKFULLY  THE RAIN HELD OFF UNTIL WE WERE FINISHED. LOTS OF YOUNG CADETS TOOK PART IN THE PARADE :)
                           RUBY, I'M NOT SURE WHAT PHOTOS YOU SAW, BUT BETH WASN'T HERE.   *

urneygirl

« Reply #21682 on: June 03, 2018, 11:05:57 PM »
JACKIE COULD THEY HAVE BEEN PHOTOS FROM LAST YEAR ? I CLICKED ON YOUR LINK ???

scotland

« Reply #21683 on: June 04, 2018, 02:46:33 AM »
Greetings from a hot southwest Scotland we have been having the most wonderful weather for several weeks now long may it last hope you all are enjoying the same  we are so blessed to have a little holiday home overlooking the Fleet Islands just about 40 miles away  we can also see the Isle of Man wonderful little haven  hope all my dear friends in your lovely country  are doing well and life has been kind to you all M😃😃😃

Liz my dear friend I will be in touch soon love and very best wishes are winging their way to you  😀😀😀

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #21684 on: June 04, 2018, 10:06:40 AM »

The generosity of the Belfast people is unbelievable. I was having a smoke in the Beer Garden at the Welders Club. A man came over and spoke to me. His name was David Mealey. I was admiring the badge on his blazer. We got to talking and it turns out his family and my family lived next door to each other in the 40's & 50's. He asked me if I liked the badge. I said " it was beautiful". He said  " It's yours " and started to take of his blazer. I said " No you can't do that ". He called a woman over and asked her to  cut it of his blazer. He was presented with it for 22 years loyal service in the Royal Irish Regiment. And here it is.

JACKIE,  I BET YOU WILL TREASURE THAT BADGE , I CAN SEE IT UNDER GLASS AND HANGING ON THE WALL.  THAT MAN  , WELL THERE ARE NO WORDS TO SAY FOR WHAT HE DID.   O0 O0   LIZ :-*
sixtyniner

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #21685 on: June 04, 2018, 10:10:30 AM »

LIZ, THE BAND DID A PARADE & SERVICE TODAY IN COMMERATION OF D-DAY  (JUNE 6TH ) THE SERVICE WAS HELD IN A CEMETARY AND THANKFULLY  THE RAIN HELD OFF UNTIL WE WERE FINISHED. LOTS OF YOUNG CADETS TOOK PART IN THE PARADE   
RUBY,  IT MUST HAVE BEEN SAD BUT I DID NOT EVEN HEAR ANYTHING ON TV ABOUT D. DAY.  MY SISTER WAS BORN ON D. DAY.  1945.    LIZ :-* :-*   

Report to moderator   [size=0px]
Logged   [font=] [/font][font=&amp]
[/color][/font][/size]
sixtyniner

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #21686 on: June 04, 2018, 10:15:17 AM »

Greetings from a hot southwest Scotland we have been having the most wonderful weather for several weeks now long may it last hope you all are enjoying the same  we are so blessed to have a little holiday home overlooking the Fleet Islands just about 40 miles away  we can also see the Isle of Man wonderful little haven  hope all my dear friends in your lovely country  are doing well and life has been kind to you all M😃😃😃

Liz my dear friend I will be in touch soon love and very best wishes are winging their way to you  😀😀😀
SCOTLAND, IT'S ALWAYS NICE TO HEAR FROM YOU.   WE KNOW YOU ARE A BUSY LADY AND GET TO US WHEN YOU CAN.   I'M GLAD YOU'RE HAVING NICE WEATHER AND I HOPE YOU'VE BEEN ABLE TO HAVE A WEE HOLIDAY IN THE LITTLE HOLIDAY HOME.   I REMEMBER GOING TO THE ISLE OF MAN ONE YEAR ON OUR HOLIDAYS.   A REALLY NICE PLACE.   HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU .   LIZ  :-* :-*
sixtyniner

urneygirl

« Reply #21687 on: June 04, 2018, 04:05:10 PM »
GOOD MORNING ALL.

HI SCOTLAND, IT'S LOVELY TO HEAR FROM YOU IT HAS BEEN AWHILE, I HOPE YOU'RE KEEPING WELL. YOUR HOLIDAY HOME AND VIEW SOUND LOVELY, ENJOY THE NICE WEATHER. :-*

LIZ, YOU WILL PROBABLY HEAR SOMETHING ABOUT D-DAY ON THE 6TH. THE BAND DO THE PARADE EVERY YEAR.  :-*

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #21688 on: June 04, 2018, 07:24:07 PM »

GOOD MORNING ALL.

HI SCOTLAND, IT'S LOVELY TO HEAR FROM YOU IT HAS BEEN AWHILE, I HOPE YOU'RE KEEPING WELL. YOUR HOLIDAY HOME AND VIEW SOUND LOVELY, ENJOY THE NICE WEATHER. :-*

LIZ, YOU WILL PROBABLY HEAR SOMETHING ABOUT D-DAY ON THE 6TH. THE BAND DO THE PARADE EVERY YEAR.  :-*

RUBY, NOT BEING VERY GOOD AT REMEMBERING DATES I  TRY AND CONNECT THEM WITH SOMETHING AND  ESPCIALLY BIRTHDAYS. HA.  THAT'S WHY I HAVE ALWAYS REMEMBERED MY SISTER'S  B.DAY.  SHE BEING BORN ON THE ORIGINAL D.DAY   I'M GLAD  THEY WILL REMEMBER  THE BRAVE MEN AND WOMEN ON THE 6TH  .   IT'S VERY BLOWY OUTSIDE AND STILL A BIT COOL BUT THE SUN IS SHINNING ..I HOPE  THE REST OF YOUR DAY GOES WELL LOVE.   LIZ :-* :-*
sixtyniner

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #21689 on: June 05, 2018, 03:07:33 PM »
HI GUYS, I THINK THIS IS MY COMPLAINING DAY.   HAS ANYONE NOTICED HOW COOL IT'S BEEN, WELL I EVEN CLOSED MY DOOR THIS MORNING AS I WAS COLD.  I HAVE THIS  NEW "CAPE" ROUND ME  AND IT'S NICE AND WARM.  IT'S LIKE A CAPE BUT IT HAS ARMS AND A ZIP IN FRONT  SO YOU CAN WEAR IT  BUT I'VE JUST PUT IT ROUND MY SHOULDERS.  THEY HAVE BEEN KILLING ME THESE LAST FEW DAYS AND I DON'T KNOW WHAT I DID TO  HURT THEM OR IF IT'S JUST THE COLD.   ANYWAY THE SUN IS OUT  AND IF YOU'RE NOT LIKE ME,  THEN I HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT DAY FOR GARDENING OR SHOPPING, OR JUST PUTTING YOUR FEET UP.   LIZ :-* :-*
sixtyniner