Author Topic: CANADA TO-DAY.  (Read 1643190 times)

jackiehillis

Re: CANADA TO-DAY.
« Reply #21765 on: July 01, 2018, 08:18:37 PM »

The generosity of the Belfast people is unbelievable. I was having a smoke in the Beer Garden at the Welders Club. A man came over and spoke to me. His name was David Mealey. I was admiring the badge on his blazer. We got to talking and it turns out his family and my family lived next door to each other in the 40's & 50's. He asked me if I liked the badge. I said " it was beautiful". He said  " It's yours " and started to take of his blazer. I said " No you can't do that ". He called a woman over and asked her to  cut it of his blazer. He was presented with it for 22 years loyal service in the Royal Irish Regiment. And here it is.

"Don't walk in front of me" "I  don't want you to lead " " Don't walk behind me" "I don't want you to follow" " Walk beside me and be my friend "

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #21766 on: July 01, 2018, 10:18:22 PM »

HI EVERYONE. WE GOT BACK FRIDAY NIGHT. HAD A FANTASTIC TIME. THE WEATHER WAS ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS. NEVER RAINED WHEN WE WERE OUT. HOPE EVERYONE IS KEEPING WELL. SORRY ABOUT THE HOSPITAL VAL.   :) :)

HI JACKIE AND VI, WELCOME HOME.   IT'S DOES  NOT SEEM  YOU HAD BEEN GONE THAT LONG.  YOU WILL HAVE TO TELL US HOW THE WICKLOW MOUNTAINS WENT.  I'M GLAD YOU HAD NICE WEATHER AND IT'S GETTING REALLY HOT OVER THERE NOW.  BUT AS YOU LANDED  YOU KNOW WHAT OUR WEATHER IS LIKE.  I WAS OUTSIDE FOR A FEW MINUTES AND IT WAS LIKE AN OVEN.  I WENT OUT FOR SOME AIR AND GOT IN AS QUICKLY AS I COULD.  I JUST CAME UP FROM THE BBQ WE HAD DOWN STAIRS, THEY BROUGHT IT INSIDE BECAUSE OF THE HEAT, TG.  I HAD A GREAT TIME AND HOPE TO GO DOWN MORE OFTEN.  THE WINE AND BEER WAS FLOWING. HA.  ANYWAY I HOPE YOU WILL POST SOME PHOTOS AND LET US SEE YOU ENJOYING YOURSELVES.   LIZ :-*
sixtyniner

jackiehillis

« Reply #21767 on: July 01, 2018, 11:39:22 PM »
HI JACKIE AND VI, WELCOME HOME.   IT'S DOES  NOT SEEM  YOU HAD BEEN GONE THAT LONG.  YOU WILL HAVE TO TELL US HOW THE WICKLOW MOUNTAINS WENT.  I'M GLAD YOU HAD NICE WEATHER AND IT'S GETTING REALLY HOT OVER THERE NOW.  BUT AS YOU LANDED  YOU KNOW WHAT OUR WEATHER IS LIKE.  I WAS OUTSIDE FOR A FEW MINUTES AND IT WAS LIKE AN OVEN.  I WENT OUT FOR SOME AIR AND GOT IN AS QUICKLY AS I COULD.  I JUST CAME UP FROM THE BBQ WE HAD DOWN STAIRS, THEY BROUGHT IT INSIDE BECAUSE OF THE HEAT, TG.  I HAD A GREAT TIME AND HOPE TO GO DOWN MORE OFTEN.  THE WINE AND BEER WAS FLOWING. HA.  ANYWAY I HOPE YOU WILL POST SOME PHOTOS AND LET US SEE YOU ENJOYING YOURSELVES.   LIZ :-*
             HI ELIZABETH. I'M GLAD YOU GOT DOW TO THE BBQ. YOU HAVE TO DO IT MORE OFTEN. COUNTY WICKLOW IS ONE OF THE MOST BEAUTIFUL COUNTIES IN IRELAND. WE HAD A FANTASTIC TIME STAYING IN THE WICKLOW HILLS. EVERY WAY YOU TURNED WAS SCENERY.   *
"Don't walk in front of me" "I  don't want you to lead " " Don't walk behind me" "I don't want you to follow" " Walk beside me and be my friend "

jackiehillis

« Reply #21768 on: July 02, 2018, 01:32:55 AM »
               ELIZABETH A FEW PHOTOS FOR YOU.

THIS IS THE STREET WHERE MR'S BROWN HAS HER STALL

TRYING TO LOOK LIKE  LOCAL AT ONE OF THE OLDEST PUBS IN DUBLIN.

THIS IS THE VIEW FROM THE HOUSE WE RENTED IN ARKLOW. 4 BEDROOMS  3 BATHROOMS.JUST BEAUTIFUL

AVOCA, WHERE BALLYKISSANGEL WAS FILMED.

AVOCA AGAIN

THE MEETING OF THE WATERS AVOCA

OUTSIDE OUR APARTMENT. THE LAGAN

PALM TREES IN BELFAST. OUTSIDE OUR APARTMENT.

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #21769 on: July 02, 2018, 01:47:48 AM »
OH JACKIE I'M SO JEALOUS I COULD CRY. IN FACT I AM  THINKING OF BELFAST.  I'M SO GLAD YOUSE HAD A GREAT TIME AND THAT VIEW FROM BOTH YOUR APARTMENT AND THE HOUSE, WHAT ELSE COULD YOU ASK FOR.   I LOVED THE ONE OUTSIDE THE PUB WITH THE SONGS WROTE ON THE WALL, I SAT AND SANG THE "DAWNING OF THE DAY"  ONE OF MY FAV. BY THE DUBLINERS.    THANK YOU FOR POSTING THEM JAVKIE.  SORRY FOR THE CRYING BIT, I'M NOT TAKING IT OUT AS SOON AS I FINISHED LOOKING AT YOUR BEAUTIFUL PHOTOS , THAT'S WHAT HAPPENED.  ANYWAY LOVE.  IT'S  MEMORIES YOU AND VI HAVE  TO REMEMBER . LIZ :-* 
sixtyniner

mcd

« Reply #21770 on: July 02, 2018, 02:21:17 AM »
SORRY GUYS I HAD A POST WROTE OUT TRIED TO POST IT PUT IT BOUNCED BACK SAYING   THERE WAS TOO MUCH TRAFFIC   NEVER SAW THAT BEFORE      YOUR NOT GOING TO BELIEVE WHAT HAPPENED TO OUR SON AT THE AMERICAN  BORDER   ???  I WILL LEAVE IT FOR NOW  TELL YOU ABOUT IT TOMORROW HOPEFULLY  LETS SEE IF THIS POST GOES THROUGH   
Light travels faster than sound, This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

mcd

« Reply #21771 on: July 02, 2018, 02:22:29 AM »
  WELCOME HOME JACKIE  O0
Light travels faster than sound, This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

jackiehillis

« Reply #21772 on: July 02, 2018, 02:28:24 AM »
  WELCOME HOME JACKIE  O0
                                 THANK YOU JEAN. DON'T THINK WE COULD HAVE TAKEN ANOTHER WEEK.   *

mcd

« Reply #21773 on: July 02, 2018, 03:26:20 AM »
The generosity of the Belfast people is unbelievable. I was having a smoke in the Beer Garden at the Welders Club. A man came over and spoke to me. His name was David Mealey. I was admiring the badge on his blazer. We got to talking and it turns out his family and my family lived next door to each other in the 40's & 50's. He asked me if I liked the badge. I said " it was beautiful". He said  " It's yours " and started to take of his blazer. I said " No you can't do that ". He called a woman over and asked her to  cut it of his blazer. He was presented with it for 22 years loyal service in the Royal Irish Regiment. And here it is.

JACKIE  THAT WAS A VERY GENEROUS OF THAT GUY    I HOPE HE DOESN'T REGRET  GIVING IT AWAY  AFTER SERVING 22 YEARS IN THE REGIMENT . 

jackiehillis

« Reply #21774 on: July 02, 2018, 03:27:45 AM »
          ELIZABETH A PHOTO I WANTED TO SHOW YOU. IT OPENED UP A WEEK BEFORE WE GOT THERE.  FINALLY A REAL COFFEE.    :D             

jackiehillis

« Reply #21775 on: July 02, 2018, 03:29:45 AM »
  JACKIE  THAT WAS A VERY GENEROUS OF THAT GUY    I HOPE HE DOESN'T REGRET  GIVING IT AWAY  AFTER SERVING 22 YEARS IN THE REGIMENT .
              ELIZABETH I BEGGED HIM NOT TOO. HE SAID HE COULD GET ANOTHER ONE.  :( :(

mcd

« Reply #21776 on: July 02, 2018, 03:31:28 AM »
                                 THANK YOU JEAN. DON'T THINK WE COULD HAVE TAKEN ANOTHER WEEK.   *

ALWAYS NICE TO COME HOME . JACKIE

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #21777 on: July 02, 2018, 05:33:34 AM »
SORRY GUYS I HAD A POST WROTE OUT TRIED TO POST IT PUT IT BOUNCED BACK SAYING   THERE WAS TOO MUCH TRAFFIC   NEVER SAW THAT BEFORE      YOUR NOT GOING TO BELIEVE WHAT HAPPENED TO OUR SON AT THE AMERICAN  BORDER   ???  I WILL LEAVE IT FOR NOW  TELL YOU ABOUT IT TOMORROW HOPEFULLY  LETS SEE IF THIS POST GOES THROUGH

JEAN, I REALLY DO  UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU MEAN, I'VE HAD A FEW  AND WHEN I CLICKED TO POST IT SAID I DID IT TOO FAST  ??? ANYWAY NOW I''M DYING TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR SON AND I HOPE IT WAS NOTHING BAD.   LIZ :-*
sixtyniner

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #21778 on: July 02, 2018, 05:43:13 AM »

JACKIE LOVE YOU'RE STILL ON BELFAST TIME I THINK HA.. IT WAS JEAN WHO SAID ABOUT THAT GUY GIVING YOU HIS BADGE BUT I HAVE TO AGREE WITH JEAN, THAT WAS SOMETHING SPECIAL TO HIM AND THEN GIVE IT TO YOU, YOU HAVE THAT KIND OF FACE JACKIE.  ;) BUT KIDDING ASIDE HOW KIND OF HIM TO DO THAT AND I IMAGINE YOU WILL HONOR IT AS WELL.   NOW WE CAN SAY, TIM HORTONS IS EVERYWHERE.   WE USE TO GO DOWN TOWN  AND GO INTO THE LITTLE CAFE AND SIT AND DRINK COFFEE, I REMEMBER MANY MOONS AGO MY COUSIN AND I USE TO  GO DOWN AND DO IT AND BEFORE WE EVEN KNEW WHAT IT WAS CALLED, I LIKED IT MADE WITH MILK.  SO I MUST HAVE HAD GOOD TASTE EVEN THEN  :D   LIZ :-*
sixtyniner

jackiehillis

« Reply #21779 on: July 02, 2018, 03:00:26 PM »
                             Sorry, I meant Jean.   :D