Author Topic: CANADA TO-DAY.  (Read 1523235 times)

mcd

Re: CANADA TO-DAY.
« Reply #22545 on: January 17, 2019, 02:51:33 AM »
 ;) HI EVERYONE , 

GOOD TO SEE EVERYONE IS DOING WELL

RUBY   LIKE YOURSELF DOING A LOT OF BAKING THIS IS THE WEATHER FOR IT MADE TWO WHEATEN AT THE BEGINNING OF THE WEEK BETWEEN US ALL  NOT A CRUMB LEFT , I WILL BE MAKING TWO MORE ON FRIDAY SO TAYLOR CAN TAKE THEM TO HER DAD   HOW ARE YOU DOING THIS WEATHER ?  I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF THIS IS US   EITHER  ,IS IT A SERIES ?   

SARAH  AT THE MOMENT I AM WATCHING AUSTRALIAN  OPEN  SOMETIMES  DURING THE INTERMISSION THEY SHOW  PARTS OF MELBOURNE WHICH IS NEAT TO SEE ,  HOPE ALL IS WELL WITH THE CHICKADEES AND THEY AREN'T FLYING CIRCLES ROUND YOU   ;)    :D    I AM FEELING BETTER  IT WAS SELF INFLICTED SARAH KEPT FORGETTING TO TAKE THE MEDICINE  YOU KNOW WHEN YOU GET BUSY  AND IT'S NOT IN EYESIGHT .  ::)   

HI  LIZ   HAVE YOU BEEN ABLE TO GET IN TOUCH WITH THE WHEELTRAN TO GET OUT TO SEE YOUR FRIENDS ?  I KNOW THE WEATHER IS NOT GREAT BUT IT WOULD BE NICE TO BE ABLE TO MEET FOR A COFFEE .

THIS TIME NEXT WEEK WE WILL BE PACKING FOR THE WINTER GETAWAY ( ONE WEEK )  HEADING TO FREEPORT  CHECKED OUT THE CONDOS ON LINE AND LIKED WHAT WE SAW  ,  SO WE WILL SEE HOW IT GOES   

HELLO TO OUR CHUMS ACROSS THE WATER  HOPE YOU ARE ALL KEEPING WELL  STAY IN TOUCH WE LOVE HEARING FROM YOU AND HEARING WHAT'S GOING ON IN YOUR CORNER OF THE WORLD   

TAKE CARE BE WELL  :-* :-*

Light travels faster than sound, This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #22546 on: January 17, 2019, 04:59:01 PM »
[font=&amp]
[font=]HI  LIZ   HAVE YOU BEEN ABLE TO GET IN TOUCH WITH THE WHEELTRAN TO GET OUT TO SEE YOUR FRIENDS ?  I KNOW THE WEATHER IS NOT GREAT BUT IT WOULD BE NICE TO BE ABLE TO MEET FOR A COFFEE . [/font]
[font=]HI JEAN,  I WILL BE GETTING IT ON MONDAY AND THAT DAY IS  GOING TO BE VERY COLD.  I WISH NOW I DID NOT HAVE TO GO OUT. HA.   WE MEET IN MCD'S IN WALMART.  MY OTHER FRIEND IS COMING HOME TOMORROW FROM MEXICO, BOY WILL THEY FEEL THE DIFFERENCE.   DO YOU KNOW I ONLY FOUND THE TENNIS  FOUR DAYS AFTER IT STARTED AND I WENT UP AND DOWN THAT TV LISTING.   I WAS WATCHING IT THIS MORNING .  I  HOPE YOUSE HAVE A GREAT TIME  NEXT WEEK AND COULD YOU FIND ROOM IN YOUR SUITCASE FOR ME.  WELL MAYBE NOT HA.   HAVE A NICE DAY.  LIZ :-* [/font]
sixtyniner

urneygirl

« Reply #22547 on: January 18, 2019, 05:56:01 PM »
HI GIRLS, I HOPE YOU'RE KEEPING WARM  *

I WAS SURPRISED  TO SEE THE SNOW THIS MORNING, I'M NOT LOOKING FORWARD TO THE WEEKEND. THE RABBIE BURNS DANCE ON SUNDAY AND THE FORECAST DOSEN'T SOUND VERY GOOD. WE HAVE TO DELIVER THE FOOD TO THE LEGION ON SATURDAY SO HOPEFULLY THE WEATHER WON'T BE AS BAD AS PREDICTED. :-\ 

JEAN, "THIS IS US " IS A SERIES AND HAS BEEN ON FOR A FEW SEASONS, IT'S ON NBC ON TUESDAY NIGHTS.
I'm SURE YOU'RE LOOKING FORWARD TO GETTING AWAY, HARRY & ELEANOR ARE CHECKING FOR VACANCIES IN EDGE WATER FOR FEBUARY BUT I WON'T GET MY HOPES UP. WE CAN ALWAYS GO TO AN ALL INCLUSIVE SOMEWHERE. :) I'M GLAD TO HEAR YOU'RE FEELING BETTER :-*

LIZ, BUNDLE UP WELL ON MONDAY, IT WILL DO YOU GOOD TO GET OUT WITH YOUR FRIENDS, PLUS YOU WILL BE ABLE TO DO A FEW WHEELIES AROUND WALMART  :D :-*

TO ALL OUR OTHER WE CHUMS NEAR & FAR I HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND   :-** :-*

jillyfred

« Reply #22548 on: January 19, 2019, 01:53:30 PM »

Hello,
Jackie and Violet -hope you have a really lovely break away and all is as you wish.
==
Jean-Lovely your getting a week away also-and I wish you a great time.
==
Liz-You as usual are battling on-a real trouper-I hope you have a nice day out on Monday.
==
Sarah-Yes Elizabeth had a lovely time in Oz before Christmas-but was pretty well kept on her
toes with the two cherubs!Well you know the score with toddlers!
On February 10 she and my brother are heading down again to Sydney-he for 17 days-they have
#booked their usual apartment near to daughter Jill,Elizabeth will stay a month-after Robert
goes home she will stay at Jill`s.Robert has not seen them since they were home in May so he will
be happy to be there once again.As is the usual thing-Jill is a Daddy`s girl!
Tomorrow Daniel is 3 and they are having the usual Birthday Party in the nearby Park-which all
their friends do.
Daniel says he wants sausage rolls,ham sandwiches and marshmallows!Jill said they will also do a
few things more-but nothing too fancy.
===
Ruby-glad to hear your feeling much better -also I hope the Party goes well-the Band will be a great
hit without a doubt.Your kept busy and on the run-but sure that`s not a bad thing-I must admit
those bannocks sound the greatest thing since sliced bread as we used to say!I used to be not bad at
the baking and cooking-but then life changed a lot and sort of got out of the way of it all.I am lucky
however-my Sister-in-Law who lives round the corner was a Domestic Science Lecturer-so I don`t
miss out!Since he retired my brother has become a dab hand at the `oul cooking` thingy!He makes
terrific salads,soups and roast dinners!
To be honest-I am spoilt rotten -my freezer is always full of great food!
===
Well,over here-our weather has been amazing-no rain since before Christmas-until a few days ago.
In fact,at nights I have had to open my windows in the bedroom as its so warm.Climate change
possibly but I am not going there!Its just great we are having the Winter so far we have been.
I know there are lots of reports as to what is happening-or not happening in our corner over here-
suffice to say the majority of us are just doing as normal,decent people everywhere are doing-getting
on with our lives to the best of our abilities.
===
Shall sign off now folks-Ruby please give Bobby my kind regards and wish him all the best for those
two functions the Band is performing at.
Sending all of you my very best wishes-and if I have left anyone out-your included!

Jilly :)

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #22549 on: January 19, 2019, 02:19:16 PM »

[font=]LIZ, BUNDLE UP WELL ON MONDAY, IT WILL DO YOU GOOD TO GET OUT WITH YOUR FRIENDS, PLUS YOU WILL BE ABLE TO DO A FEW WHEELIES AROUND WALMART  [/font][font=&amp]
[font=] [/font][font=&amp]
THANKS RUBY,  MIND YOU  I DO HAVE A  HORN ON MY SCOOTER AND I'M BOUND TO SOUND IT IF YOU GET IN MY WAY, HA.  RIGHT NOW IT'S SNOWING HARD  SO I GUESS IT'S THE "BIG STRORM"  THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT.  HOPE IT'S GONE BY MONDAY.   AT LEAST MY FRIEND  WILL GET  A LIFT THERE AND BACK AGAIN,  HER FRIEND'S HUSBAND WILL PICK HER UP  AT HER DOOR , I WORRY SOMETIMES  WHEN SHE GOES OUT ABOUT HER SLIPPING.  SHE HAS A CANE  AND WORRIES  ABOUT THE GROUND BEING SLIPPY.   I HOPE ANYONE GOING OUT TODAY  WILL BE CAREFUL AND TAKE IT EASY.  LISTEN TO MAO, HA.  IT LOOKS LIKE A GOOD DAY TO STAY HOME.   BEEN WATCHING THE TENNIS AND ALL THAT SWEATING GOING ON HA.   HAVE A GOOD DAY.  LIZ :-*
sixtyniner

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #22550 on: January 19, 2019, 02:27:16 PM »
JILLY, I LOVE READING YOUR POST, IT'S LIKE A BOOK AND YOU'RE ALWAYS  WAITING FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER. HA.   I HOPE YOU KEEP ENJOYING  THAT GOOD WEATHER AS RIGHT NOW OUTSIDE IT'S SNOWING LIKE CRAZY AND THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE THE BIG STORM  THEY KEEP SAYING WE ARE HAVING.  WE CAN DO NOTHING ABOUT IT, IT'S CANADA AND IT'S WINTER  :D   MIND YOU I'M NOT GOING OUT SO  I CAN SAY THAT HA.   BUT THOSE WHO HAVE TO GO SHOPPING  I FEEL FOR.  I BET THE KIDS WILL LOVE IT  AS SO FAR WE HAVE NOT HAD A LOT DOWN HERE.  I WISH IT COULD BE LIKE THAT TILL SPRING  HA.  ANYWAY  ANYONE GOING OUT PLEASE TAKE CARE.  LIZ :-*
sixtyniner

urneygirl

« Reply #22551 on: January 19, 2019, 02:52:51 PM »
GOOD MORNING ALL :-* :-*

LIZ, I HEARD BURLINGTON GOT A LOT OF SNOW, WE'RE SUPPOSED TO GET IT TODAY, I CAN SEE IT STARTING, BUT SO FAR IT'S LIGHT. WE'RE GOING TO PICK UP THE PIES AND HAGGIS TODAY AND TAKE IT TO THE LEGION SO WE DON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT IT TOMORROW. I'LL LET YOU KNOW HOW THINGS WENT  :-* :-*

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #22552 on: January 19, 2019, 03:21:45 PM »
GOOD MORNING ALL :-* :-*

LIZ, I HEARD BURLINGTON GOT A LOT OF SNOW, WE'RE SUPPOSED TO GET IT TODAY, I CAN SEE IT STARTING, BUT SO FAR IT'S LIGHT. WE'RE GOING TO PICK UP THE PIES AND HAGGIS TODAY AND TAKE IT TO THE LEGION SO WE DON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT IT TOMORROW. I'LL LET YOU KNOW HOW THINGS WENT  :-* :-*

RUBY  IT'S STILL SNOWING BUT IT LOOKS LIGHT.  THOSE PIES AND HAGGIS SOUND GOOD.  MY MOUTH IS WATERING.    JUST BE CAREFUL WHEN YOU ARE WALKING.  I HOPE IT STOPS BEFORE  TOMORROW SO YOU ALL CAN HAVE A GOOD TIME WITHOUT WORRYING ABOUT THE SNOW.   TAKE CARE.  LIZ :-*
sixtyniner

urneygirl

« Reply #22553 on: January 19, 2019, 03:23:30 PM »
HI JILLY, IT'S LOVELY TO SEE YOU AGAIN AND READ YOUR POSTS. IT SOUNDS LIKE ELIZABETH AND ROBERT ARE A BUSY COUPLE, IT'S LOVELY THEY CAN GET TO VISIT THEIR FAMILY IN OZ,  GOOD FOR THEM ENJOYING LIFE.  THIS IS JUST A QUICK POST,  THE SNOW HAS STARTED SO WE SHOULD GET MOVING BEFORE IT GET'S TOO BAD.  HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND  :-* :-*

jackiehillis

« Reply #22554 on: January 19, 2019, 04:45:44 PM »
Hello,
Jackie and Violet -hope you have a really lovely break away and all is as you wish.
==
Jean-Lovely your getting a week away also-and I wish you a great time.
==
Liz-You as usual are battling on-a real trouper-I hope you have a nice day out on Monday.
==
Sarah-Yes Elizabeth had a lovely time in Oz before Christmas-but was pretty well kept on her
toes with the two cherubs!Well you know the score with toddlers!
On February 10 she and my brother are heading down again to Sydney-he for 17 days-they have
#booked their usual apartment near to daughter Jill,Elizabeth will stay a month-after Robert
goes home she will stay at Jill`s.Robert has not seen them since they were home in May so he will
be happy to be there once again.As is the usual thing-Jill is a Daddy`s girl!
Tomorrow Daniel is 3 and they are having the usual Birthday Party in the nearby Park-which all
their friends do.
Daniel says he wants sausage rolls,ham sandwiches and marshmallows!Jill said they will also do a
few things more-but nothing too fancy.
===
Ruby-glad to hear your feeling much better -also I hope the Party goes well-the Band will be a great
hit without a doubt.Your kept busy and on the run-but sure that`s not a bad thing-I must admit
those bannocks sound the greatest thing since sliced bread as we used to say!I used to be not bad at
the baking and cooking-but then life changed a lot and sort of got out of the way of it all.I am lucky
however-my Sister-in-Law who lives round the corner was a Domestic Science Lecturer-so I don`t
miss out!Since he retired my brother has become a dab hand at the `oul cooking` thingy!He makes
terrific salads,soups and roast dinners!
To be honest-I am spoilt rotten -my freezer is always full of great food!
===
Well,over here-our weather has been amazing-no rain since before Christmas-until a few days ago.
In fact,at nights I have had to open my windows in the bedroom as its so warm.Climate change
possibly but I am not going there!Its just great we are having the Winter so far we have been.
I know there are lots of reports as to what is happening-or not happening in our corner over here-
suffice to say the majority of us are just doing as normal,decent people everywhere are doing-getting
on with our lives to the best of our abilities.
===
Shall sign off now folks-Ruby please give Bobby my kind regards and wish him all the best for those
two functions the Band is performing at.
Sending all of you my very best wishes-and if I have left anyone out-your included!

Jilly :)

HI JILLY. THANK YOU. WE ARE ENJOYING OUR GETAWAY. WEATHER IS CO-OPERATING SO FAR. GOING TO BE IN FOR A FEW COOLER DAYS, BUT THAT'S FINE. WE TAKE WHAT WE CAN GET. HOPE ALL IS WELL WITH THE FAMILY.  *
"Don't walk in front of me" "I  don't want you to lead " " Don't walk behind me" "I don't want you to follow" " Walk beside me and be my friend "

jillyfred

« Reply #22555 on: January 19, 2019, 04:56:34 PM »

Jackie-thank you for your post.
I do really think its terrific you and Violet do that long drive down to your `escape route`from the
cold weather at home.
Yes,all the Family are fine-but like yourselves are `travellers`!
We only have one shot at life-therefore it makes sense to make it the best we can!
===
Ruby-forgot to say-I do hope you find a good deal so you and Bobby can have a break to suit you.
===
love
jilly :-*

jillyfred

« Reply #22556 on: January 19, 2019, 05:00:30 PM »

Liz-I enjoy your posts-and also you putting  me to the test on a daily basis in the Games Section re
Movies beginning with the last letter!

jackiehillis

« Reply #22557 on: January 19, 2019, 05:18:25 PM »
Jackie-thank you for your post.
I do really think its terrific you and Violet do that long drive down to your `escape route`from the
cold weather at home.
Yes,all the Family are fine-but like yourselves are `travellers`!
We only have one shot at life-therefore it makes sense to make it the best we can!
===
Ruby-forgot to say-I do hope you find a good deal so you and Bobby can have a break to suit you.
===
love
                                                                 O0       
"Don't walk in front of me" "I  don't want you to lead " " Don't walk behind me" "I don't want you to follow" " Walk beside me and be my friend "

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #22558 on: January 19, 2019, 09:52:57 PM »
Liz-I enjoy your posts-and also you putting  me to the test on a daily basis in the Games Section re
Movies beginning with the last letter!

JILLY  READING YOUR POSTS IS LIKE A  READING A SERIES IN A BOOK,  CAN'T WAIT TILL THE NEXT CHAPTER. HA.   LIKE OVER THE GARDEN FENCE WITH YOUR NEIGHBOUR.  HA.   IT'S  HARD COMING UP WITH  NEW MOVIES SO YOU WILL SEE  THE SAME ONE SOMETIMES BUT  NOT CLOSE TOGETHER.    SO GLAD YOU ENJOY IT.   LIZ :-*
sixtyniner

kraftcheese

« Reply #22559 on: January 20, 2019, 04:09:04 AM »
HI SARAH, I'M GLAD TO HEAR YOU'RE NICE AND WARM, LUCKY DUCK  :D  WE GOT A BIT F SNOW THIS MORNING BUT THE SUN IS SHINING NOW. THE SNOW IS SUPPOSED TO BE BAD AT THE WEEKEND AND THAT'S WHEN THE BAND HAVE THEIR  RABBIE BURNS DANCE, THE FOOD IS ORDERED SO FINGERS CROSSED THE FORECAST WILL BE WRONG. HAVE YOU ANY TRIPS PLANNED FOR THE NEAR FUTURE ?  I HOPE YOU CAN FIND "THIS IS US " IT HAS BECOME VERY POPULAR AND HAS  A GREAT STORYLINE. :-*

HI RUBY, I'M LOVING OUR WEATHER AT THE MOMENT.  NO PLANS FOR TRAVEL AT THE MOMENT.  TOO BUSY MINDING CHILDREN.  WE MIGHT GO SOMEWHERE IN JULY OR AUGUST WHEN IT'S COLD (OR COOL) HERE. LOL.  HOPE YOUR BURNS DANCE GOES WELL.  I TRIED HAGGIS ONCE AND WAS SURPRISED AT HOW TASTY IT WAS.  I'M NOT VERY ADVENTUROUS WITH NEW FOODS SO THAT WAS AN EFFORT FOR ME.  :D   I HOPE THE WEATHER HAS TURNED OUT ALRIGHT FOR YOU AND THAT ALL GOES AS PLANNED.   :-*
Omnia in finem bona sunt. Si non bona non finis est.