Author Topic: CANADA TO-DAY.  (Read 1523238 times)

jackiehillis

Re: CANADA TO-DAY.
« Reply #22650 on: February 08, 2019, 11:20:12 PM »
HI LIZ, WE HAVE BEEN OUT FOR AWHILE AND IT IS BITTER COLD AND TRYING IT'S BEST TO SNOW ::)

THE FUNERAL YESTERDAY TURNED OUT LOVELY, WE DIDN'T LEAVE UNTIL AROUND 4PM. THE MINISTER WHO DID THE SERVICE IS ALSO AN ELVIS IMPERSONATER  :o

THE BAND HAVE KNOWN HIM FOR A LONG TIME, SOME BAND MEMBERS LIVE IN NEWEMARKET AND THEY HAVE BACKED HIM A FEW TIMES AT HIS SHOWS IN THE SENIOR CENTRE.

JOE, (WHO PASSED AWAY) WAS ALSO A LEGION MEMBER SO THE LEGION DID THEIR SERVICE BEFORE THE MINISTER DID HIS. HE WAS VERY FUNNY, HE TRIED A BELFAST ACCENT WHICH WASN'T BAD.  HE SANG A COUPLE OF IRISH SONGS WITH THE HELP OF THE BAND. I HAVE NEVER BEEN TO A FUNERAL LIKE IT.

JOE'S WIFE MARTHA USED TO SING AND DO FUNNY SKITS IN THE BAND CONCERTS SO AFTER THE RECEPTION THEY GOT HER TO SING A COUPLE OF SONGS. THEIR FAMILY AND GRAND CHILDREN LOVED IT. JOE GOT A LOVELY SEND OFF AND I'M SURE HE'S STILL SMILEING IN HEAVEN   :-* :-*   

RUBY, THAT WOULD BE ELVIS PRIESTLY. ( DORIAN BAXTER ) QUITE A CHARACTER AROUND NEWMARKET.   :D
"Don't walk in front of me" "I  don't want you to lead " " Don't walk behind me" "I don't want you to follow" " Walk beside me and be my friend "

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #22651 on: February 09, 2019, 02:17:03 AM »
HI LIZ, WE HAVE BEEN OUT FOR AWHILE AND IT IS BITTER COLD AND TRYING IT'S BEST TO SNOW ::)

THE FUNERAL YESTERDAY TURNED OUT LOVELY, WE DIDN'T LEAVE UNTIL AROUND 4PM. THE MINISTER WHO DID THE SERVICE IS ALSO AN ELVIS IMPERSONATER  :o

THE BAND HAVE KNOWN HIM FOR A LONG TIME, SOME BAND MEMBERS LIVE IN NEWEMARKET AND THEY HAVE BACKED HIM A FEW TIMES AT HIS SHOWS IN THE SENIOR CENTRE.

JOE, (WHO PASSED AWAY) WAS ALSO A LEGION MEMBER SO THE LEGION DID THEIR SERVICE BEFORE THE MINISTER DID HIS. HE WAS VERY FUNNY, HE TRIED A BELFAST ACCENT WHICH WASN'T BAD.  HE SANG A COUPLE OF IRISH SONGS WITH THE HELP OF THE BAND. I HAVE NEVER BEEN TO A FUNERAL LIKE IT.

JOE'S WIFE MARTHA USED TO SING AND DO FUNNY SKITS IN THE BAND CONCERTS SO AFTER THE RECEPTION THEY GOT HER TO SING A COUPLE OF SONGS. THEIR FAMILY AND GRAND CHILDREN LOVED IT. JOE GOT A LOVELY SEND OFF AND I'M SURE HE'S STILL SMILEING IN HEAVEN   :-* :-*   

RUBY, I WAS THINKING OF YOUSE YESTERDAY AND IT WAS RAINING.  WONDERING HOW THINGS WENT AND BY ALL ACCOUNTS  IT WENT WELL.  THAT'S THE KIND OF WAKE I WOULD LIKE IF I HAVE ONE. HA.  ALTHOUGH IT WAS A FUNERAL IT SOUNDED MORE LIKE A WAKE AND I BET HE WOULD HAVE LOVED IT.   THE SUN HAS BEEN SHINNING  BUT IT'S DAMP.  I HOPE YOUR MOUTH IS  DOING  BETTER.  LIZ :-*
sixtyniner

urneygirl

« Reply #22652 on: February 09, 2019, 04:35:32 PM »
LIZ, THE WEATHER AND TRAFIC WASN'T BAD GOING TO NEWMARKET BUT IT WAS COMING BACK,  BOBBY GOT OFF THE HIGHWAY AND TOOK ANOTHER ROUTE, IT TOOK US A BIT LONGER TO GET HOME BUT IT WAS A MORE PLEASANT DRIVE. :)

JACKIE, EVEN THOUGH DORIAN WAS VERY FUNNY AT TIMES, HE WAS RESPECTFUL TALKING ABOUT JOE WHO HE KNEW VERY WELL OVER THE YEARS. HE LIFTED THE FAMILIES SPIRITS.

HE TACKLED ELVIS'S VERSION OF  " DANNY BOY "  WITH A BELFAST ACCENT :D

SAY HI TO VI  :-* :-*

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #22653 on: February 09, 2019, 09:50:51 PM »
LIZ, THE WEATHER AND TRAFIC WASN'T BAD GOING TO NEWMARKET BUT IT WAS COMING BACK,  BOBBY GOT OFF THE HIGHWAY AND TOOK ANOTHER ROUTE, IT TOOK US A BIT LONGER TO GET HOME BUT IT WAS A MORE PLEASANT DRIVE. :)

JACKIE, EVEN THOUGH DORIAN WAS VERY FUNNY AT TIMES, HE WAS RESPECTFUL TALKING ABOUT JOE WHO HE KNEW VERY WELL OVER THE YEARS. HE LIFTED THE FAMILIES SPIRITS.

HE TACKLED ELVIS'S VERSION OF  " DANNY BOY "  WITH A BELFAST ACCENT :D

SAY HI TO VI  :-* :-*

RUBY, JUST GLAD THAT ALL WENT WELL YESTERDAY.  LIZ :-*
sixtyniner

kraftcheese

« Reply #22654 on: February 10, 2019, 05:21:08 AM »

RUBY, SOUNDS LIKE A LOVELY SEND OFF FOR YOUR FRIEND.  I LOVE THE IDEA OF THE ELVIS IMPERSONATOR, AND HIS NAME, ELVIS PRIESTLY.  GLAD YOU GOT THERE AND HOME SAFE AND SOUND.  HOPE YOUR MOUTH IS HEALING AND YOU'RE NOT IN PAIN NOW. :-*

LIZ, HOPE YOUR PAINS ARE NOT SO BAD AND YOU'RE KEEPING WELL.  IS ICE RAIN THE SAME THING AS SLEET?  NEVER HEAR OF IT HERE, BUT WE DO GET GIANT HAILSTONES AT TIMES, USUALLY IN THE SUMMER.  I'VE GOT THE TWO WEANS HERE THIS WEEKEND AND I'M SORE LAUGHING.  FULL OF FUN THEY ARE.  :-*

JILLY, YOUR FAMILY WILL BE OFF TODAY.  HOPE THEY HAVE A GOOD FLIGHT.  YOU'LL MISS THEM.  GLAD YOU HAVE THE DOG FOR COMPANY.  I'D LOVE TO HAVE A DOG AGAIN, BUT I WOULDN'T TAKE ONE ON AT THIS STAGE OF MY LIFE AS THEY CAN LIVE FOR 15 YEARS OR MORE AND IT'S MORE RESPONSIBILITY THAN I'M WILLING TO TAKE ON NOW.  :-*

JACKIE, HOPE YOU AND VI ARE ENJOYING EVERY MINUTE AND HOPE THE WEATHER'S STAYING GOOD FOR YOU. :-*

MUST GO.  STAY WARM AND TAKE CARE. :-*
Omnia in finem bona sunt. Si non bona non finis est.

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #22655 on: February 10, 2019, 12:35:17 PM »
RUBY, SOUNDS LIKE A LOVELY SEND OFF FOR YOUR FRIEND.  I LOVE THE IDEA OF THE ELVIS IMPERSONATOR, AND HIS NAME, ELVIS PRIESTLY.  GLAD YOU GOT THERE AND HOME SAFE AND SOUND.  HOPE YOUR MOUTH IS HEALING AND YOU'RE NOT IN PAIN NOW. :-*

LIZ, HOPE YOUR PAINS ARE NOT SO BAD AND YOU'RE KEEPING WELL.  IS ICE RAIN THE SAME THING AS SLEET?  NEVER HEAR OF IT HERE, BUT WE DO GET GIANT HAILSTONES AT TIMES, USUALLY IN THE SUMMER.  I'VE GOT THE TWO WEANS HERE THIS WEEKEND AND I'M SORE LAUGHING.  FULL OF FUN THEY ARE.  :-*

JILLY, YOUR FAMILY WILL BE OFF TODAY.  HOPE THEY HAVE A GOOD FLIGHT.  YOU'LL MISS THEM.  GLAD YOU HAVE THE DOG FOR COMPANY.  I'D LOVE TO HAVE A DOG AGAIN, BUT I WOULDN'T TAKE ONE ON AT THIS STAGE OF MY LIFE AS THEY CAN LIVE FOR 15 YEARS OR MORE AND IT'S MORE RESPONSIBILITY THAN I'M WILLING TO TAKE ON NOW.  :-*
JACKIE, HOPE YOU AND VI ARE ENJOYING EVERY MINUTE AND HOPE THE WEATHER'S STAYING GOOD FOR YOU. :-*
MUST GO.  STAY WARM AND TAKE CARE. :-*

KC AS USUAL  YOU'RE ALWAYS ON THE GO.  I WISH I HAD HALF YOUR ENERGY JUST TO GET AROUND HA.  I STILL HAVE THE USUAL PAINS AND THANK YOU FOR ASKING.   ICE RAIN IS DIFFERENT FROM SLEET.  SLEET IS WET SNOW AND  WHEN IT FALLS  SOMETIMES IT JUST MELTS BUT ICE RAIN  IS VERY DANGEROUS,  IT MAKES  THE ROADS  LIKE ICE RINKS AND THE SIDE WALKS TOO.  I LOVE IT ON THE TREE'S BARE BRANCHES,  THEY LOOK  BEAUTIFUL,  LIKE GLASS.  BUT ICE RAIN IS DANGEROUS.  I WOULD HAVE LOVED TO HAVE HAD ANOTHER CAT BUT  BEING AT WORK  I COULD NOT HAVE LOOKED AFTER IT WHEN A KITTEN.  BUT THAT'S  ALL GONE.   LIZ :-*
sixtyniner

kraftcheese

« Reply #22656 on: February 10, 2019, 01:37:34 PM »
KC AS USUAL  YOU'RE ALWAYS ON THE GO.  I WISH I HAD HALF YOUR ENERGY JUST TO GET AROUND HA.  I STILL HAVE THE USUAL PAINS AND THANK YOU FOR ASKING.   ICE RAIN IS DIFFERENT FROM SLEET.  SLEET IS WET SNOW AND  WHEN IT FALLS  SOMETIMES IT JUST MELTS BUT ICE RAIN  IS VERY DANGEROUS,  IT MAKES  THE ROADS  LIKE ICE RINKS AND THE SIDE WALKS TOO.  I LOVE IT ON THE TREE'S BARE BRANCHES,  THEY LOOK  BEAUTIFUL,  LIKE GLASS.  BUT ICE RAIN IS DANGEROUS.  I WOULD HAVE LOVED TO HAVE HAD ANOTHER CAT BUT  BEING AT WORK  I COULD NOT HAVE LOOKED AFTER IT WHEN A KITTEN.  BUT THAT'S  ALL GONE.   LIZ :-*

LIZ, DON'T YOU BELIEVE IT - I'M VERY INACTIVE AND SHOULD BE DOING A LOT MORE.  I TOOK THE KIDS FOR A DRIVE TO THE COUNTRY YESTERDAY AND HAD A FATTENING LUNCH - SO I GOT OUT OF EXERCISING. HAHA.  WHEN THEY'RE HERE THEY KNOCK MY BEDROOM DOOR, SAYING "ARE YOU AWAKE. CAN WE COME IN?"  IF I SAY YES, THEY COME  IN AND PILE INTO MY BED, THEN THEY SING ME A SONG, OR DO A WEE DANCE, OR TELL JOKES, AND JUST MESS AROUND.  BUT WE LAUGH A LOT.  ASHLEY'S 12 NOW SO IT WON'T BE TOO LONG TILL SHE'LL THINK SHE'S TOO GROWN UP FOR SUCH SHENANIGANS.  :D 
THAT ICE RAIN SOUNDS JUST AWFUL AND I'D BE PETRIFIED TO GO OUT IN CASE I'D FALL, BUT I'M SURE IT'S REALLY BEAUTIFUL TO LOOK AT.  TAKE CARE LOVE.  :-*

urneygirl

« Reply #22657 on: February 10, 2019, 04:28:29 PM »
HI SARAH, IT'S NICE TO HEAR YOU'RE HAVING FUN WITH THE G/ CHILDREN, THEY GROW UP SO QUICKLY SO YOU HAVE TO ENJOY THEM WHILE YOU CAN. :)

THANKFULLY MY MOUTH HAS HEALED, THE FILLING WAS IN AN AWKWARD PLACE BUT IT HAD TO BE DONE, I COULDN'T AFFORD TO LOSE THE TOOTH.  :D

THE MINISTER WAS REALLY GOOD AT JOE'S FUNERAL, HE DIDN'T WEAR THE ELVIS COSTUME BUT HE SAID "JOE"  WOULDN'T HAVE MINDED HIM WEARING THE HAIR PIECE. SO HE WORE IT :D 

LIZ, HOW ARE YOU FEELING TODAY ? THE SUN IS SHINING BUT I HAVEN'T BEEN OUTSIDE YET SO I DON'T KNOW HOW COLD IT IS. :-*

TO ALL OUR WEE CHUMS NEAR & FAR I HOPE YOU'RE ALL HAVING A GOOD WEEKEND  :-**

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #22658 on: February 10, 2019, 08:55:33 PM »
LIZ, DON'T YOU BELIEVE IT - I'M VERY INACTIVE AND SHOULD BE DOING A LOT MORE.  I TOOK THE KIDS FOR A DRIVE TO THE COUNTRY YESTERDAY AND HAD A FATTENING LUNCH - SO I GOT OUT OF EXERCISING. HAHA.  WHEN THEY'RE HERE THEY KNOCK MY BEDROOM DOOR, SAYING "ARE YOU AWAKE. CAN WE COME IN?"  IF I SAY YES, THEY COME  IN AND PILE INTO MY BED, THEN THEY SING ME A SONG, OR DO A WEE DANCE, OR TELL JOKES, AND JUST MESS AROUND.  BUT WE LAUGH A LOT.  ASHLEY'S 12 NOW SO IT WON'T BE TOO LONG TILL SHE'LL THINK SHE'S TOO GROWN UP FOR SUCH SHENANIGANS.  :D 
THAT ICE RAIN SOUNDS JUST AWFUL AND I'D BE PETRIFIED TO GO OUT IN CASE I'D FALL, BUT I'M SURE IT'S REALLY BEAUTIFUL TO LOOK AT.  TAKE CARE LOVE.  :-*

KC, FOR THEM TO BE THAT AGE AND STILL DOING THOSE "SILLY THINGS" I THINK IS GREAT.   THEY ENJOY DOING IT AND  I HOPE THEY DO IT LONGER THAN YOU THINK THEY WILL.  I THINK IT'S GREAT THEY STILL WANT TO BE AROUND THEIR G.MA.  I HAVE A FEW MEMORIES OF DOING  THINGS LIKE THAT FOR MY PARENTS HA.   IT'S REALLY  HARD ON THOSE WHO HAVE TO WALK BUT MY FRIEND WAS TELLING ME THEY CAME AROUND AND SANDED THE ST.  THEY NEVER DID THAT WHEN I LIVED THERE. SO THAT IS GOOD.   TAKE CARE LOVE.  LIZ :-*
sixtyniner

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #22659 on: February 10, 2019, 09:02:44 PM »
HI SARAH, IT'S NICE TO HEAR YOU'RE HAVING FUN WITH THE G/ CHILDREN, THEY GROW UP SO QUICKLY SO YOU HAVE TO ENJOY THEM WHILE YOU CAN. :)

THANKFULLY MY MOUTH HAS HEALED, THE FILLING WAS IN AN AWKWARD PLACE BUT IT HAD TO BE DONE, I COULDN'T AFFORD TO LOSE THE TOOTH.  :D

THE MINISTER WAS REALLY GOOD AT JOE'S FUNERAL, HE DIDN'T WEAR THE ELVIS COSTUME BUT HE SAID "JOE"  WOULDN'T HAVE MINDED HIM WEARING THE HAIR PIECE. SO HE WORE IT :D 

LIZ, HOW ARE YOU FEELING TODAY ? THE SUN IS SHINING BUT I HAVEN'T BEEN OUTSIDE YET SO I DON'T KNOW HOW COLD IT IS. :-*

TO ALL OUR WEE CHUMS NEAR & FAR I HOPE YOU'RE ALL HAVING A GOOD WEEKEND  :-* *

[/quote]
RUBY,  I'M FEELING OK LOVE , THANKS FOR ASKING.  I DO KNOW IT'S COLD AS I HAVE NOT TURNED MY HEAT DOWN OR OF YET.  IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE  -4 FEELING LIKE -9, WHO CAN TELL.  OH WELL. I'M GLAD TO HEAR YOUR MOUTH IS HEALING  AND I WISH THEY COULD HAVE SAVED MY TOOTH. I REALLY WANTED ROOT CANAL BUT , LONG AND SHORT , THEY HAD TO TAKE THE TOOTH AND NOW I HAVE TO CHEW ON  THE BIG  TOOTH  THAT HAD BEEN BESIDE IT.   THANKFULLY IT WAS AT THE BACK.    TAKE CARE .  LIZ :-*
sixtyniner

urneygirl

« Reply #22660 on: February 12, 2019, 09:41:18 PM »
LIZ, I HOPE YOU'RE KEEPING WARM, WE HAD AN APPOINTMENT EARLY THIS MORNING AND WERE GLAD TO GET HOME AGAIN,  IT WAS BITTER COLD AND THE SNOW WAS BLOWING ALL AROUND US. IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE LIKE THIS UNTIL TOMORROW.  ::)

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #22661 on: February 13, 2019, 03:50:17 AM »
LIZ, I HOPE YOU'RE KEEPING WARM, WE HAD AN APPOINTMENT EARLY THIS MORNING AND WERE GLAD TO GET HOME AGAIN,  IT WAS BITTER COLD AND THE SNOW WAS BLOWING ALL AROUND US. IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE LIKE THIS UNTIL TOMORROW.  ::)

RUBY, I THOUGHT I HAD REPLIED TO THIS  POST BUT IT MUST  HAVE  BEEN WHEN OUR POWER WENT OF.   FIRST MY TV WENT OF AND THEN CAME BACK ON AGAIN,  THEN IT DID IT THE SECOND TIME BUT I HAD TROUBLE WITH THE SOUND, LONG AND SHORT , OUR POWER WENT OF  FOR ABOUT AN HOUR  AND EVEN THE BUILDING ACROSS , THEIR POWER WAS OF TOO.  ANYWAY I CAN'T GET MY TV TO COME ON.  THE CABLE BOX IS WORKING AS I SEE THE #'s  AND THE RECORDING BUTTON ON BUT WHEN I PHONED COGECO THEY SAID IT WAS MY TV, END OF.   LIZ :-*
sixtyniner

urneygirl

« Reply #22662 on: February 14, 2019, 02:14:12 AM »
OH LIZ, I'M SORRY YOU'RE HAVING TROUBLE WITH THE TV, WITH THIS WEATHER YOU NEED SOME ENTERTAINMENT. THE HIGH WINDS YESTERDAY BLEW OUT THE  PILOT LIGHT IN OUR HOT WATER TANK, BOBBY WAS ABLE TO LIGHT IT AGAIN SO THANKFULLY IT WASN'T A PROBLEM.

WE'RE STILL GETTING SNOW ON AND OFF, EVERYONE WAS SHOVELLING THE DRIVEWAYS THIS MORNING, AND IT LOOKS LIKE THEY WILL BE DOING IT AGAIN TOMORROW  MORNING.

WELL LOVE I'M GOING TO LOVE & LEAVE YOU. TAKE CARE   *

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #22663 on: February 14, 2019, 07:10:56 AM »
OH LIZ, I'M SORRY YOU'RE HAVING TROUBLE WITH THE TV, WITH THIS WEATHER YOU NEED SOME ENTERTAINMENT. THE HIGH WINDS YESTERDAY BLEW OUT THE  PILOT LIGHT IN OUR HOT WATER TANK, BOBBY WAS ABLE TO LIGHT IT AGAIN SO THANKFULLY IT WASN'T A PROBLEM.

WE'RE STILL GETTING SNOW ON AND OFF, EVERYONE WAS SHOVELLING THE DRIVEWAYS THIS MORNING, AND IT LOOKS LIKE THEY WILL BE DOING IT AGAIN TOMORROW  MORNING.

WELL LOVE I'M GOING TO LOVE & LEAVE YOU. TAKE CARE   *

RUBY, HOW ON EARTH DID THE WINDS  GET TO YOUR HOT WATER TANK,  JUST ASKING HA.  I'VE HAD TO LIGHT MINE A FEW TIMES  SORRY I THINK I'M THINKING OF MY FURNACE PILOT LIGHT ?WELL MY FRIEND AND HER HUSBAND  WENT OUT LOOKING AT TVS FOR ME, CAN YOU IMAGINE THAT.   LONG AND SHORT THEY BROUGHT OVER A SMALL ONE THAT IS IN THEIR DAUGHTER'S ROOM, SHE'S MARRIED,  IT'S SMALL BUT AT LEAST I CAN WATCH TV.  SO NOW I HAVE TO GET A NEW ONE WHICH I SHOULD HAVE DONE LONG AGO.   IT'S VERY COLD HERE AND VERY ICY.   I WAS TALKING TO MY OTHER FRIEND TONIGHT AND SHE SAID SHE WENT DOWN  ON HER BUM A FEW TIMES LAST WEEK.  SHE WALKS HER SON''S DOG  IN THE MORNING AND THOUGHT SHE'S CAREFUL, YOU CAN'T SEE THE ICE UNDER THE SNOW.  WELL IT'S BACK TO BED FOR ME AGAIN.   LIZ :-*
sixtyniner

kraftcheese

« Reply #22664 on: February 14, 2019, 01:40:21 PM »

LIZ, YOU HAVE SOME VERY KIND AND THOUGHTFUL FRIENDS.  THAT WAS SO NICE OF THEM TO BRING YOU A TV TO WATCH.  I HAVEN'T GOT ANY NEWS EXCEPT THAT I EMBARRASSED MYSELF IN A SHOP TODAY - I PICKED UP A PORCELAIN TURTLE THAT I FANCIED TO HAVE A BETTER LOOK AT IT, DIDN'T REALISE THAT IT WAS ACTUALLY A DISH WITH THE LID BEING THE SHELL AND IT WASN'T FASTENED ON, AND DOWN IT WENT AND SMASHED.  I WAS "CUT TO THE ONION" AS WE USED TO SAY.  :D   IT WASN'T EXPENSIVE AND I APOLOGISED PROFUSELY AND DID OFFER TO PAY FOR IT, BUT THE WOMAN KNOWS ME AND SHE REFUSED.  FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE I'VE EVER BROKEN SOMETHING IN A SHOP.  :-[   

RUBY, PLEASE BE CAREFUL IF YOU HAVE TO GO OUT.  THAT ICE WOULD TERRIFY ME.  FALLING ON OUR BACKSIDES WHEN WE WERE KIDS NEVER BOTHERED US, BUT NOWADAYS IT CAN BE VERY SERIOUS.   :o :-*

TO ALL OUR OTHER PALS, KEEP WARM AND TAKE CARE.  NIGHT NIGHT.  :-*