Author Topic: CANADA TO-DAY.  (Read 1571655 times)

SIXTYNINER

Re: CANADA TO-DAY.
« Reply #23040 on: June 16, 2019, 07:49:06 PM »
I don`t know if you folk heard about the helicopter which crashed on the roof of a building in Manhattan.
I saw it on the Internet news when I was on line and it had just happened.
It was the building my nephew Ben works in as I recognised the address.
I of course tried to phone him but no success -his parents I knew would not have seen it and anyway I was so frozen I could not think.
Then I got an email which simply said -`I am okay in New York`.
Yesterday he emailed me with a lot of information about it -I won`t go into details,other than no helicopters or planes are permitted in that area other than Police or Armed Services so they all immediately thought 9/11.
The Emergency Services were there in 4 minutes -the building was evacuated and also were the adjacent Blocks.
Debris fell and it had damaged the water system so the last 15 floors were flooded -fire from the fuel was the main concern.
I hope never again to live through the few hours until I got that email.

jilly
HI JILLY, I HAVE YET TO HEAR IT ON THE NEWS?  I HOPE NO ONE WAS HURT OR WORSE.  THE THOUGHT MUST HAVE  RUSHED INTO YOUR MIND AND OTHER PEOPLE AS WELL.  THOSE WHO SURVIVED 9/11  AND SAW THAT MUST HAVE REAWAKENED  A LOT OF TERRIBLE MEMORIES.  I'M SO GLAD YOUR NEPHEW WAS THOUGHTFUL ENOUGH TO SEND YOU AN EMAIL LETTING YOU KNOW HE WAS OK.    TAKE CARE AND LET US KNOW HOW THINGS ARE GOING WITH HIM.  LIZ  XXX
sixtyniner

scotland

« Reply #23041 on: June 17, 2019, 02:10:17 AM »
Jillyfred so glad to hear your nephew is safe  God Bess

Jackie marvelous photos ,are you the red headed Coleen in the pics reminds me of the film with John Wayne  and I think Maureen O,Hara apologies if I got the ladies name wrong .I have always been blonde but always wanted to have red hair ,tried it once back in late 60,s but it turned out a real roaring red wore a scarf for weeks still hanker to go red who knows maybe 1day I will get the courage to try again Cheers M☺☺

kraftcheese

« Reply #23042 on: June 17, 2019, 05:28:12 AM »
HI JILLY, WE SAW THAT ON THE NEWS ABOUT THE HELICOPTER CRASH.  THAT MUST HAVE GIVEN YOU A TERRIBLE FRIGHT WONDERING IF YOUR NEPHEW WAS IN THE BUILDING.  YOU NEVER KNOW THE MINUTE THESE DAYS.  HOPE YOU'RE WELL AND I HOPE THE WEATHER THERE IS NOT AS WILD AS THE FORECAST IS PREDICTING. XX

RUBY, HAS THE RAIN GONE AWAY YET?  I HOPE YOU CAN GET OUT INTO YOUR GARDEN.  IT'S SOMETHING YOU REALLY LOOK  FORWARD TO AT THE BEGINNING OF SUMMER.  OUR FIRST TWO WEEKS OF WINTER HAVEN'T BEEN TOO BAD.  COOL (15 OR 18C IN THE DAYTIME AND 7 - 10C OVERNIGHT), SO CAN'T COMPLAIN.  GOT SOME DECENT RAIN LAST WEEK WHICH WAS BADLY NEEDED.  TODAY IS BEAUTIFUL.  BRIGHT SUNSHINE AND ALL THE DOORS AND WINDOWS ARE OPEN.  HOPE BOBBY AND YOU ARE WELL.  XX

LIZ, HOW ARE YOU DOING?  HOPE YOUR PAINS AREN'T TOO BAD.  ARE YOU WATCHING ANY GOOD TV SERIES AT THE MOMENT?  I LIKE "SILENT WITNESS" AND "FOYLE'S WAR" PLUS "LINE OF DUTY".  HAVE YOU BEEN ABLE TO GET TOGETHER WITH YOUR FRIENDS FOR COFFEE?  XX

JACKIE, YOUR PHOTOS ARE LOVELY AND IT LOOKS LIKE YOU AND VI ARE HAVING THE TIME OF YOUR LIVES.  XX

SCOTLAND, HOPE YOU'VE BEEN ABLE TO GET AWAY TO YOUR HOLIDAY HOME.  TAKE CARE. XX
Omnia in finem bona sunt. Si non bona non finis est.

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #23043 on: June 17, 2019, 04:27:22 PM »

LIZ, HOW ARE YOU DOING?  HOPE YOUR PAINS AREN'T TOO BAD.  ARE YOU WATCHING ANY GOOD TV SERIES AT THE MOMENT?  I LIKE "SILENT WITNESS" AND "FOYLE'S WAR" PLUS "LINE OF DUTY".  HAVE YOU BEEN ABLE TO GET TOGETHER WITH YOUR FRIENDS FOR COFFEE?  XX

HI KC, IT LOOKS LIKE WE'RE HAVING A NICE DAY, SUNNY WITH A BLUE SKY. HA.  HOPE YOU'RE NOT FEELING THE COLD  TOO BAD.   IT'S BEEN PRETTY DAMP THIS LAST WHILE BACK EVEN THOUGH IT'S SPRING AND SUMMER NEXT WK. SO I'LL JUST BLAME ALL MY ACHES AND PAINS ON THE WEATHER HA.   SO FAR WE HAVE NOT SET ANY DATES YET BUT THAT WILL COME, WHAT WORRIES ME IS THERE HAS BEEN NO NOTICE YET ABOUT  JULY THE 1st.  CANADA DAY,  LAST YR WE HAD THE BBQ AND HAD TO HAVE IT INSIDE BECAUSE OF THE HEAT AND HUMIDITY.  IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE OUTSIDE.  ANYWAY  I HOPE THEY ARE NOT  TAKING IT OF THE MENU LIKE A FEW OTHER THINGS THEY HAVE.  I TRIED WATCHING THAT SILENT WITNESS BEFORE , IT'S NOT ON NOW,  AND LOST INTEREST IN IT.  FOYLE'S WAR  AND LINE OF DUTY ARE NOT ON , BUT THEY MIGHT STILL DO THAT.   I STILL LOVE  SOME OF THE OLD ONES AND EVEN RERUNS OF RERUNS HA.     I HOPE YOU AND THE FAMILY ARE ALL KEEPING WELL.   LIZ  XXX
sixtyniner

urneygirl

« Reply #23044 on: June 18, 2019, 09:19:30 PM »
HI CHUMS, SORRY I HAVE BEEN MISSING FOR A COUPLE OF DAYS, I HAD THINGS TO DO AND PEOPLE TO SEE  :D

LIZ, DID YOU WATCH THE RAPTORS  PARADE YESTERDAY ? WE WERE GLUED TO THE TV, I COULDN'T BELIEVE HOW MANY PEOPLE SHOWED UP AND HOW LONG THE PARADE TOOK. I'M GLAD THE WEATHER WAS KIND FOR EVERYONE. :-* :-*

JILLY, I REMEMBER HEARING ABOUT THE HELICOPTER CRASH INTO THE BUILDING, I'M GLAD TO HEAR YOUR NEPHEW WAS SAFE AND EVERYONE GOT OUT OF THE BUILDING ALIVE. :-*

SARAH, THE WEATHER HAS BEEN UP AND DOWN BUT WE DID GET A FEW SUNNY DAYS TO DO SOME GARDENING. I HAD A LAUGH AT YOUR WINTER, BRIGHT SUNSHINE WITH WINDOWS AND DOORS OPEN , AND YOU ALSO NEEDED RAIN ? :o :D  BOBBY IS KEEPING WELL, HE'S STILL BUSY WITH THE BAND AND IT KEEPS HIM OUT OF TROUBLE  :D   TAKE CARE  :-*

urneygirl

« Reply #23045 on: June 18, 2019, 09:31:28 PM »
I POSTED BEFORE I HAD FINISHED. ::)

JACKIE, I HOPE ALL IS GOING WELL AND THE WEATHER IS GOOD, WAS THAT THE WELDERS CLUB WHERE YOU HAD DINNER ?  IT LOOKS REALLY BIG AND THE FOOD LOOKED GOOD. SAY HI TO VI :-*

SCOTLAND, ARE YOU ON YOUR  HOLIDAYS YET ?   :-*

JEAN, WHAT ARE YOU UP TO, ARE YOU STILL WITH THE GIRLS OR ARE YOU DANCING UP A STORM WITH YOUR LADIES, ?  :-*

jackiehillis

« Reply #23046 on: June 18, 2019, 09:41:06 PM »
I POSTED BEFORE I HAD FINISHED. ::)

JACKIE, I HOPE ALL IS GOING WELL AND THE WEATHER IS GOOD, WAS THAT THE WELDERS CLUB WHERE YOU HAD DINNER ?  IT LOOKS REALLY BIG AND THE FOOD LOOKED GOOD. SAY HI TO VI :-*

SCOTLAND, ARE YOU ON YOUR  HOLIDAYS YET ?   :-*

JEAN, WHAT ARE YOU UP TO, ARE YOU STILL WITH THE GIRLS OR ARE YOU DANCING UP A STORM WITH YOUR LADIES, ?  :-*
                      HI RUBY. YES IT WAS THE WELDERS. IT HAS JUST BEEN REFURBISHED. ALWAYS A GOOD NIGHT THERE, AND THE FOOD IS GOOD. ANN BLACKWOOD'S NEPHEW IS THE CHEF THERE NOW.    :-* :-*
"Don't walk in front of me" "I  don't want you to lead " " Don't walk behind me" "I don't want you to follow" " Walk beside me and be my friend "

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #23047 on: June 19, 2019, 01:49:46 AM »
I CHUMS, SORRY I HAVE BEEN MISSING FOR A COUPLE OF DAYS, I HAD THINGS TO DO AND PEOPLE TO SEE 

LIZ, DID YOU WATCH THE RAPTORS  PARADE YESTERDAY ? WE WERE GLUED TO THE TV, I COULDN'T BELIEVE HOW MANY PEOPLE SHOWED UP AND HOW LONG THE PARADE TOOK. I'M GLAD THE WEATHER WAS KIND FOR EVERYONE. 

RUBY I HAVE TO CONFESS I JUST HAD A JUKE IN TO SEE THE CROWDS AND IT WAS AMAZING. AND THEN THAT SHOOTING HAD TO HAPPEN.  STILL DON'T KNOW WHAT THE REASON WAS FOR IT.   SOME PEOPLE RAN AND SOME JUST HUNG AROUND TAKING PHOTOS, IDIOTS , COULD HAVE BEEN  A SNIPPER.   THE SOUND OF MUSIC WAS ON IN BURLINGTON SO I WATCHED THE PARADE, NOT BAD,  THEY  EVEN CAME FROM THE  STATES..   I LAUGH AT KC WHEN SHE COMPLAINS ABOUT THE WEATHER HA.  NOT  IN A MEAN WAY.   LIZ  XXX
sixtyniner

kraftcheese

« Reply #23048 on: June 19, 2019, 05:01:11 AM »
I CHUMS, SORRY I HAVE BEEN MISSING FOR A COUPLE OF DAYS, I HAD THINGS TO DO AND PEOPLE TO SEE 

LIZ, DID YOU WATCH THE RAPTORS  PARADE YESTERDAY ? WE WERE GLUED TO THE TV, I COULDN'T BELIEVE HOW MANY PEOPLE SHOWED UP AND HOW LONG THE PARADE TOOK. I'M GLAD THE WEATHER WAS KIND FOR EVERYONE. 

RUBY I HAVE TO CONFESS I JUST HAD A JUKE IN TO SEE THE CROWDS AND IT WAS AMAZING. AND THEN THAT SHOOTING HAD TO HAPPEN.  STILL DON'T KNOW WHAT THE REASON WAS FOR IT.   SOME PEOPLE RAN AND SOME JUST HUNG AROUND TAKING PHOTOS, IDIOTS , COULD HAVE BEEN  A SNIPPER.   THE SOUND OF MUSIC WAS ON IN BURLINGTON SO I WATCHED THE PARADE, NOT BAD,  THEY  EVEN CAME FROM THE  STATES..   I LAUGH AT KC WHEN SHE COMPLAINS ABOUT THE WEATHER HA.  NOT  IN A MEAN WAY.   LIZ  XXX

LIZ, WE SAW THE PARADE AND THAT SHOOTING ON THE NEWS.  WHAT A MASSIVE CROWD IT WAS.  SUCH A SAME IT WAS SPOILED BY THAT.  I'M GLAD I GIVE YOU AND RUBY A WEE LAUGH AT MY COMMENTS ABOUT OUR WEATHER. HAHA.  AND I KNOW IT'S NOT MEAN. XX OUR WEATHER IS ALL I KNOW.  I THINK I SHOULD SPEND A WINTER IN CANADA TO FIND OUT WHAT BAD WEATHER ACTUALLY IS. :)   DAUGHTER AND DAD HAD THEIR RHEUMATOLOGY CHECKUPS TODAY AND ALL IS GOOD AT THE MOMENT.  I WAS ABOUT TO SAY "KEEP WARM" AND THEN CAUGHT MYSELF ON! KEEP COOL YOU GUYS AND ENJOY YOUR GARDENS AND BALCONIES. :)
Omnia in finem bona sunt. Si non bona non finis est.

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #23049 on: June 19, 2019, 05:56:14 AM »
LIZ, WE SAW THE PARADE AND THAT SHOOTING ON THE NEWS.  WHAT A MASSIVE CROWD IT WAS.  SUCH A SAME IT WAS SPOILED BY THAT.  I'M GLAD I GIVE YOU AND RUBY A WEE LAUGH AT MY COMMENTS ABOUT OUR WEATHER. HAHA.  AND I KNOW IT'S NOT MEAN. XX OUR WEATHER IS ALL I KNOW.  I THINK I SHOULD SPEND A WINTER IN CANADA TO FIND OUT WHAT BAD WEATHER ACTUALLY IS. :)   DAUGHTER AND DAD HAD THEIR RHEUMATOLOGY CHECKUPS TODAY AND ALL IS GOOD AT THE MOMENT.  I WAS ABOUT TO SAY "KEEP WARM" AND THEN CAUGHT MYSELF ON! KEEP COOL YOU GUYS AND ENJOY YOUR GARDENS AND BALCONIES. :)
OH KC YOU'RE TOO KIND HA.  DO YOU KNOW YOU MIGHT ENJOY ALL THE SNOW  JUST FOR SKING , THE KIDS FOR MAKING SNOWMEN ETC.  BUT NOT THE WHOLE WINTER HA.  I'M GLAD YOU DID NOT SAY "KEEP WARM"   KEEPING COOL WILL BE THE NEXT THING.  I HOPE YOU'RE WEATHER IS NOT TOO BAD , MY AUNT WAS IN AUSTRALIA FOR A VERY LONG TIME AND SAID  SHE NEVER GOT USED TO THE  HOT WEATHER.  SHE IMMIGRATED WITH HER FAMILY WHEN THEY WERE SMALL.  I LOST TOUCH WITH THE ONLY  ONE LEFT AS FAR AS I KNOW, SHE COULD HAVE A WHOLE FAMILY NOW.  ANYWAY  LOVE  GOOD NIGHT AND GOD BLESS.  LIZ XXX
sixtyniner

urneygirl

« Reply #23050 on: June 19, 2019, 09:29:23 PM »
HI SARAH, THE RAPTORS PARADE HAD FINISHED BEFORE WE HEARD ABOUT THE SHOOTING, THANKFULLY ONLY A COUPLE OF PEOPLE WERE INJURED AND  NOT SERIOUS AS FAR AS I HEARD. IT WAS A LOVELY EXCITING DAY FOR ALL THE FANS AND THEN YOU GET SCUM WHO TRY TO SPOIL IT. I'M GLAD NORMAN AND YOUR DAUGHTER HAD A GOOD CHECKUP.  :-*

LIZ, THE BAND PLAYED AT THE BURLINGTON SOUND OF MUSIC A FEW YEARS AGO, I THINK IT WAS SHORTLY AFTER YOU MOVED INTO THE BUILDING. WE JUST DID A SHORT MARCH TO THE BAND STAND WHERE THEY PLAYED. WE HAD A GREAT AUDIENCE WHO SANG ALONG,  I KEPT LOOKING OUT HOPING YOU WOULD SHOW UP  :-*

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #23051 on: June 19, 2019, 11:58:20 PM »
HI SARAH, THE RAPTORS PARADE HAD FINISHED BEFORE WE HEARD ABOUT THE SHOOTING, THANKFULLY ONLY A COUPLE OF PEOPLE WERE INJURED AND  NOT SERIOUS AS FAR AS I HEARD. IT WAS A LOVELY EXCITING DAY FOR ALL THE FANS AND THEN YOU GET SCUM WHO TRY TO SPOIL IT. I'M GLAD NORMAN AND YOUR DAUGHTER HAD A GOOD CHECKUP.  :-*

LIZ, THE BAND PLAYED AT THE BURLINGTON SOUND OF MUSIC A FEW YEARS AGO, I THINK IT WAS SHORTLY AFTER YOU MOVED INTO THE BUILDING. WE JUST DID A SHORT MARCH TO THE BAND STAND WHERE THEY PLAYED. WE HAD A GREAT AUDIENCE WHO SANG ALONG,  I KEPT LOOKING OUT HOPING YOU WOULD SHOW UP  :-*
RUBY IF I HAD KNOWN I WOULD HAVE MADE THE EFORT AND   SANG MY WEE HEART OUT.  I EVEN THOUGHT YOU MIGHT HAVE DID THIS YEAR'S WHEN I  WATCHED THE PARADE, I DID NOT KNOW IT WAS  ON  AND GOT IT MY ACCIDENT,  I THOUGHT THE "TEEN TOUR BAND" SHOULD HAVE MARCHED , THEY HAD THE KID'S BAND WHO PLAY BEFORE THEY JOIN THE OLDER ONES.   WELL OUR WEATHER  IS GREAT SO FAR.  GOOD NEWS, I'M GETTING MY NEW BED IN A FEW WKS TIME.  JUST HAVE TO GET THINGS ORGANIZED , OLD BED OUT AND ROOM CLEANED, NEW BED IN.  LIZ XXX
sixtyniner

mcd

« Reply #23052 on: June 20, 2019, 03:09:43 AM »
HELLO EVERYBODY, SORRY I HAVEN'T GOT CAUGHT ON ALL YOUR POSTS HOPEFULLY YOU ARE ALL KEEPING GOOD , ME AND YOUR MAN HAVE BEEN CHILDER MINDIN AND NEW PUPPY MINDIN FOR A FEW DAYS NEEDLESS TO SAY WE WERE DONE IN BY THE TIME WE GOT INTO OUR OWN WEE HOUSE :lazy: :lazy: 

LIZ.  ARE YOU GETTING OUT AND  ABOUT NOW THAT THE WEATHER IS GOOD , DO THE HAVE A OUTDOOR PATIO  WHERE THOSE WHO LIVE IN THE BUILDING COULD GO SIT AND MAYBE  READ A BOOK ?   

RUBY....HOW IS YOUR GARDEN LOOKING ?  WHERE YOU IN BURLINGTON ON THE WEEKEND THERE ?   

SARAH   GLAD NORMAN AND YOUR DAUGHTER BOTH GOT GOOD TEST RESULTS   ALWAYS A HUGE  RELIEF   

WHILE WORKING IN THE GARDEN THIS MORNING I HAD COMPANY   A CHIPMUNK  CUTE AS A BUTTON  AND AS BOLD AS PUNCH   BUT ENTERTAINING   

TO  ALL OUR FRIENDS WHEREVER YOU MAY BE I HOPE YOU ARE HAPPY HEALTHY AND ENJOYING LIFE 

TAKE CARE HUGS
Light travels faster than sound, This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #23053 on: June 20, 2019, 10:55:33 PM »
HELLO EVERYBODY, SORRY I HAVEN'T GOT CAUGHT ON ALL YOUR POSTS HOPEFULLY YOU ARE ALL KEEPING GOOD , ME AND YOUR MAN HAVE BEEN CHILDER MINDIN AND NEW PUPPY MINDIN FOR A FEW DAYS NEEDLESS TO SAY WE WERE DONE IN BY THE TIME WE GOT INTO OUR OWN WEE HOUSE :lazy: :lazy: 

LIZ.  ARE YOU GETTING OUT AND  ABOUT NOW THAT THE WEATHER IS GOOD , DO THE HAVE A OUTDOOR PATIO  WHERE THOSE WHO LIVE IN THE BUILDING COULD GO SIT AND MAYBE  READ A BOOK ?   
RUBY....HOW IS YOUR GARDEN LOOKING ?  WHERE YOU IN BURLINGTON ON THE WEEKEND THERE ?   
SARAH   GLAD NORMAN AND YOUR DAUGHTER BOTH GOT GOOD TEST RESULTS   ALWAYS A HUGE  RELIEF   
WHILE WORKING IN THE GARDEN THIS MORNING I HAD COMPANY   A CHIPMUNK  CUTE AS A BUTTON  AND AS BOLD AS PUNCH   BUT ENTERTAINING   
 TO  ALL OUR FRIENDS WHEREVER YOU MAY BE I HOPE YOU ARE HAPPY HEALTHY AND ENJOYING LIFE 

TAKE CARE HUGS
JEAN I BET YOU THOUGHT BY THIS TIME YOU  AND MO WOULD BE ENJOYING LIFE AT A SLOW PACE, NO RUSHING AROUND,  NO BABYSITTING, WELL NOT MUCH, OR ANY OTHER KIND OF SITTING HA.   I SAID TO MY FRIEND  THE OTHER DAY, IT SEEMS SHE'S BEEN DOING MORE "MINDING" SINCE SHE RETIRED THAN BEFORE, I DON'T THINK  SHE WANTED TO  AGREE BUT SHE SAID IT'S BECAUSE SHE'S MORE AVALIABLE NOW.  MOST TIMES SHE DOES NOT MIND .  I LOVE THE THOUGHT OF A CHIPMUNK IN THE GARDEN, I LOVE WATCHING THEM.  I LIKE WATCHING THE SQUIRRELS AND THE BIRDS OUTSIDE.   IT'S SIMPLE THINGS THAT GIVE US PLEASURE.   LIZ  XXX
sixtyniner

urneygirl

« Reply #23054 on: June 20, 2019, 11:32:02 PM »
HI JEAN, WE STILL HAVE A COUPLE OF BUSHES TO TRIM BUT WHEN WE DECIDE TO DO IT, IT RAINS, ::) WE HAD HEAVY RAIN AWHILE AGO AND THE SKY IS BLACK SO I GUESS WE'RE IN FOR MORE.

THE BAND DID A CONCERT IN BURLINGTON A FEW YEARS AGO BUT HAVEN'T DONE ANY SINCE, IT'S A BIT FAR FOR SOME MEMBERS.

I'M SURE YOU'RE GLAD TO GET SETTLED BACK TO YOUR OWN HOUSE, ENJOY THE PEACE. :-* IT'S LASHING AGAIN :D

LIZ, I'M GLAD TO HEAR YOU'RE GETTING YOUR NEW BED DELIVERED, IT HAS TAKEN A LONG TIME,  OR IS THIS A DIFFERENT ONE YOU HAVE ORDERED. ? :-*