Author Topic: CANADA TO-DAY.  (Read 1565281 times)

SIXTYNINER

Re: CANADA TO-DAY.
« Reply #23205 on: August 19, 2019, 09:04:38 PM »
Liz you will always be my hero ,your ecards are so cheerful  Urneygirl maybe in a year or two I will consider retiring ,my problem is I love the variety of work I do they are all so different but very rewarding to all friends on the forum love and best wishes are sent to you  M😀😀
HI SCOTLAND, I MISS CALLING YOU THAT HA.   THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO LOVE THEIR JOBS AND THEN THE ONES THAT CAN'T WAIT TO RETIRE.   I DID NOT LOVE MY JOB SO GUESS WHAT ONE I'M IN HA.  I HAD A HARD TIME AFTER  LEAVING WORK, IT TOOK A LONG TIME GETTING USE TO NOT WORKING.  I LIVED THE ORDER  OF KNOWING  WHAT TO DO ETC.  I GUESS LIKE EVERYONE YOU GET USE TO NOT WORKING  AND THE THOUGHT OF WORKING  GIVES YOU THE SHUDDERS HA.  MY KIND OF JOB ANYWAY. I PUT PART OF THE BLAME ON IT FOR MY KNEES.  YOU ARE LUCKY GIRL THAT YOU  LOVE YOU JOB , WHICH YOU PROBABLY DO VERY WELL,  IT'S A BIG PLUS , HAS TO BE IN THAT KIND OF JOB.  I'M GLAD YOU LIKE MY CARDS,  I LOVE SENDING THEM AND HOPE  NO ONE  THINKS I SEND THEM TOO OFTEN HA.   LIZ XXX
sixtyniner

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #23206 on: August 21, 2019, 12:10:09 AM »
HI GUYS,  JUST A WEE NOTE BECAUSE I'M FEELING LONELY, MY FRIEND IS GOING TO DISNEY WORLD TOMORROW FOR A WK , SHE'S NOT EVEN GONE AND I MISS HER ALREADY. I USUALLY GET A WEE CALL MOST DAYS SO I'LL MISS THOSE. SO BE PREPARED TO HEAR LOTS OF COMPLAINING HA.   I HOPE THEY HAVE A GREAT TIME.  THEY  WERE AT WONDERLAND ALL DAY YESTERDAY , SHE SAID IT WAS A LONG DAY HA.  BUT THE KIDS HAD A GOOD TIME.  ANYWAY I HOPE YOU ARE HAVING A NICE WK.  IT'S BEEN HUMID ALL DAY.  MY FRIEND  WAS OVER TODAY WITH MY GROCERIES  AND WE OPENED MY WINDOW AND LEFT IT OPEN AND I THOUGHT WITH THAT OPEN AND THE DOOR THERE WOULD BE A NICE BREEZE BUT NOT EVEN A LEAF MOVED AND IT WAS SO HUMID NOT SURE WHAT TO DO NOW.  ANYWAY I'M OF NOW  SO HAVE A GOOD NIGHT.  LIZ  XXXX
sixtyniner

urneygirl

« Reply #23207 on: August 21, 2019, 03:17:14 AM »
HI LIZ, SORRY YOUR GOING TO MISS YOUR FRIEND, A WEEK WILL FLY IN BUT YOU KNOW WE'RE ALWAYS AROUND IF YOU NEED SOMEONE TO TALK TO. I WISH I WAS GOING TO FLORIDA  :(

IT HAS BEEN VERY HUMID AND TOMORROW IS SUPPOSED TO BE WORSE, I MISS SITTING IN THE GARDEN IN THE EVENING BUT I CAN'T TAKE A CHANCE WITH THE MOSQUITO'S THEY COME RIGHT FOR ME.  ::)

WE HAD A LOVELY COUPLE OF DAYS AT SARA'S COTTAGE LAST WEEK, THE FIRST DAY THE  LAKE WAS A BIT STRONG BUT THURSDAY IT WAS LOVELY AND CALM. SHE'S NOT FAR FROM SAUBLE BEACH SO WE HAD TO GO SEE IF THINGS HAD CHANGED OVER THE YEARS, WE USED TO TAKE THE KIDS CAMPING THERE WHEN THEY WERE YOUNG. IT'S STILL A NICE WEE HOLIDAY PLACE FOR YOUNG FAMILIES.

BOBBY AND MY SISTER HAVE JUST ARRIVED HOME FROM BAND PRACTICE, THEY FINISHED EARLY TONIGHT.    SO  I'LL SAY  NITE NITE AND SEE YOU TOMORROW  :-**,   

mcd

« Reply #23208 on: August 21, 2019, 03:28:00 AM »
HI GUYS,  JUST A WEE NOTE BECAUSE I'M FEELING LONELY, MY FRIEND IS GOING TO DISNEY WORLD TOMORROW FOR A WK , SHE'S NOT EVEN GONE AND I MISS HER ALREADY. I USUALLY GET A WEE CALL MOST DAYS SO I'LL MISS THOSE. SO BE PREPARED TO HEAR LOTS OF COMPLAINING HA.   I HOPE THEY HAVE A GREAT TIME.  THEY  WERE AT WONDERLAND ALL DAY YESTERDAY , SHE SAID IT WAS A LONG DAY HA.  BUT THE KIDS HAD A GOOD TIME.  ANYWAY I HOPE YOU ARE HAVING A NICE WK.  IT'S BEEN HUMID ALL DAY.  MY FRIEND  WAS OVER TODAY WITH MY GROCERIES  AND WE OPENED MY WINDOW AND LEFT IT OPEN AND I THOUGHT WITH THAT OPEN AND THE DOOR THERE WOULD BE A NICE BREEZE BUT NOT EVEN A LEAF MOVED AND IT WAS SO HUMID NOT SURE WHAT TO DO NOW.  ANYWAY I'M OF NOW  SO HAVE A GOOD NIGHT.  LIZ  XXXX

Hi LIZ ' COME MERE TILL I TELL YOU SOMETHING   :yes: :)   I WILL TRY TO KEEP YOU COMPANY UNTIL YOUR FRIENDS GET BACK CAN'T PROMISE MUCH  CHAT BUT WILL DO MY BEST  :-*   HAVE YOU BEEN ABLE TO MEET YOUR FRIENDS AT TIMS ?

MET THE GIRLS FOR COFFEE TODAY  I WAS THE FIRST TO ARRIVE AS USUAL THE FIRST TO ARRIVE GETS THE TABLES ORGANISED I HAD JUST FINISHED , ACROSS THE WAY THERE WAS A YOUNG MOTHER WITH 2 WEE ONES , AND HER PHONE RINGS AND I HEARD HER SAY " WHAT ARE YOU SAYING " THEN HER VOICE GETS LOUDER AND PANICKED SO I ASKED IF EVERYTHING WAS OK  AND SHE SAID NO  MY DAD JUST DIED  HE WAS OKAY LAST NIGHT  AND THEN TEARS STARTED AND SHE FELL APART ALL I COULD DO WAS TO PUT MY ARMS AROUND HER  GOD LOVE HER SHE JUST PUT HER HEAD DOWN AND CRIED HER EYES OUT  LUCKY ENOUGH SHE JUST LIVED ACROSS THE ROAD  .  POOR THING GETTING A UNEXPECTED  CALL LIKE THAT WHILE OUT  HAVING LUNCH WITH HER 4 YEAR OLD AND BABY  SAD 

I HEAR THE SOUND OF THUNDER AND A COUPLE FLASHES OF LIGHTING  HOPE IT PASSES QUICKLY 

HOPE EVERYONE IS KEEPING WELL  TAKE CARE AND LOOK AFTER YOURSELVES  :-* :-*

Light travels faster than sound, This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #23209 on: August 21, 2019, 06:29:23 AM »
HI LIZ, SORRY YOUR GOING TO MISS YOUR FRIEND, A WEEK WILL FLY IN BUT YOU KNOW WE'RE ALWAYS AROUND IF YOU NEED SOMEONE TO TALK TO. I WISH I WAS GOING TO FLORIDA  :(
IT HAS BEEN VERY HUMID AND TOMORROW IS SUPPOSED TO BE WORSE, I MISS SITTING IN THE GARDEN IN THE EVENING BUT I CAN'T TAKE A CHANCE WITH THE MOSQUITO'S THEY COME RIGHT FOR ME.  ::)
 WE HAD A LOVELY COUPLE OF DAYS AT SARA'S COTTAGE LAST WEEK, THE FIRST DAY THE  LAKE WAS A BIT STRONG BUT THURSDAY IT WAS LOVELY AND CALM. SHE'S NOT FAR FROM SAUBLE BEACH SO WE HAD TO GO SEE IF THINGS HAD CHANGED OVER THE YEARS, WE USED TO TAKE THE KIDS CAMPING THERE WHEN THEY WERE YOUNG. IT'S STILL A NICE WEE HOLIDAY PLACE FOR YOUNG FAMILIES.

BOBBY AND MY SISTER HAVE JUST ARRIVED HOME FROM BAND PRACTICE, THEY FINISHED EARLY TONIGHT.    SO  I'LL SAY  NITE NITE AND SEE YOU TOMORROW  :-**,
RUBY I THINK I SOUNDED SO WINEY.  I KNOW I CAN COME ON HERE AND TALK AND YOU  LISTEN HA HA. TODAY WAS VERY HUMID AND I THINK BECAUSE WE LEFT MY WINDOW OPEN  IT FELT WORSE.  IT'S STILL OPEN  AS IT GETS COOLER AT NIGHT BUT I'LL SEE ABOUT TOMORROW.  I'VE NOT HAD TO PUT THE AIR ON AS IT'S BEEN OK.  BUT WHEN I CAME OUT AND SAT DOWN I PUT IT ON  TO GET COOL HA.  IS THERE ANYTHING YOU CAN USE OR WEAR TO PROTECT YOURSELF FROM THE MOSQUITOS,  THEY ARE NASTY LITTLE THINGS AND THEY BITE. I'M GLAD YOU HAD A NICE COUPLE OF DAYS, YOU NEED SOMETHING LIKE THAT JUST TO  CLEAR YOUR HEAD.   THAT SOUNDED SO NICE, I MEAN SAYING BOBBY AND YOUR SISTER JUST CAME HOME.   I CAN HEAR THUNDER IN THE DISTANCE, IT'S BEEN GOING ON NOW THIS WHILE.  IT SOUNDS LIKE LIGHTENING WILL COME AT ANY MINUTE.  WELL LOVE I HOPE TOMORROW YOU CAN SIT OUT IN THE GARDEN, FEET UP AND A WEE GLASS IN YOUR HANDS. HA.  SIP SIP.  LIZ XXX
sixtyniner

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #23210 on: August 21, 2019, 06:38:43 AM »
Hi LIZ ' COME MERE TILL I TELL YOU SOMETHING   :yes: :)   I WILL TRY TO KEEP YOU COMPANY UNTIL YOUR FRIENDS GET BACK CAN'T PROMISE MUCH  CHAT BUT WILL DO MY BEST  :-*   HAVE YOU BEEN ABLE TO MEET YOUR FRIENDS AT TIMS ?

MET THE GIRLS FOR COFFEE TODAY  I WAS THE FIRST TO ARRIVE AS USUAL THE FIRST TO ARRIVE GETS THE TABLES ORGANISED I HAD JUST FINISHED , ACROSS THE WAY THERE WAS A YOUNG MOTHER WITH 2 WEE ONES , AND HER PHONE RINGS AND I HEARD HER SAY " WHAT ARE YOU SAYING " THEN HER VOICE GETS LOUDER AND PANICKED SO I ASKED IF EVERYTHING WAS OK  AND SHE SAID NO  MY DAD JUST DIED  HE WAS OKAY LAST NIGHT  AND THEN TEARS STARTED AND SHE FELL APART ALL I COULD DO WAS TO PUT MY ARMS AROUND HER  GOD LOVE HER SHE JUST PUT HER HEAD DOWN AND CRIED HER EYES OUT  LUCKY ENOUGH SHE JUST LIVED ACROSS THE ROAD  .  POOR THING GETTING A UNEXPECTED  CALL LIKE THAT WHILE OUT  HAVING LUNCH WITH HER 4 YEAR OLD AND BABY  SAD 

I HEAR THE SOUND OF THUNDER AND A COUPLE FLASHES OF LIGHTING  HOPE IT PASSES QUICKLY 

HOPE EVERYONE IS KEEPING WELL  TAKE CARE AND LOOK AFTER YOURSELVES  :-* :-*
OH JEAN YOU SOUNDED JUST LIKE JAMES YOUNG THERE, COME MERE LOVE I CAN HEAR HIM NOW. HA. THAT THUNDER IS GETTING LOUDER,  WOULD'NT SURPRISE ME TO SEE LIGHTENING BEHIND IT.  JEAN YOU HAVE ONLY TO SAY A FEW WORDS AND I'M OF AND RUNNING HA  OH JEAN  HOW SAD WAS THAT.  I WAS NEAR CRYING FOR HER WHEN I READ THAT.  POOR THING   I'M SO GLAD YOUR WERE THERE TO COMFORT HER.  WILL SAY A WEE PRAYER FOR HER AND HER FAMILY.   WELL  I HOPE YOU HAVE A GOOD DAY TOMORROW.  LIZ  XXXX
sixtyniner

urneygirl

« Reply #23211 on: August 21, 2019, 05:12:06 PM »
JEAN, WHAT AN AWFUL UNEXPECTED SHOCK FOR THAT YOUNG MOTHER , I'M GLAD YOU WERE THERE TO COMFORT HER.  IT'S BAD ENOUGH WHEN YOU KNOW SOMEONE IS ILL BUT TO HAPPEN SUDDENLY LIKE THAT IS AWFUL :(  THANKFULLY SHE WAS CLOSE TO HOME.

LIZ, YOU DIDN'T SOUND WINEY, WE ALL DO A BIT OF MOANING SOMETIMES, YOUR FRIEND WILL BE HOME BEFORE YOU KNOW IT  :-* :-*

I HAVE LOTS OF "OFF" PRODUCTS,   LANTER'S,  A GADGET TO HOOK ONTO MY WAIST, THE STICKS TO RUB AFTER A BIT AND THE WEE [censored] STIL MANAGE TO GET ME SOMEWHERE ::) THEY LIKE MY ANKLES :D  IF THERE IS ANY HUMIDITY IN THE AIR THEY HAVE A PARTY  :D

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #23212 on: August 21, 2019, 07:01:44 PM »
JEAN, WHAT AN AWFUL UNEXPECTED SHOCK FOR THAT YOUNG MOTHER , I'M GLAD YOU WERE THERE TO COMFORT HER.  IT'S BAD ENOUGH WHEN YOU KNOW SOMEONE IS ILL BUT TO HAPPEN SUDDENLY LIKE THAT IS AWFUL :(  THANKFULLY SHE WAS CLOSE TO HOME.

LIZ, YOU DIDN'T SOUND WINEY, WE ALL DO A BIT OF MOANING SOMETIMES, YOUR FRIEND WILL BE HOME BEFORE YOU KNOW IT  :-* :-*

I HAVE LOTS OF "OFF" PRODUCTS,   LANTER'S,  A GADGET TO HOOK ONTO MY WAIST, THE STICKS TO RUB AFTER A BIT AND THE WEE [censored] STIL MANAGE TO GET ME SOMEWHERE ::) THEY LIKE MY ANKLES :D  IF THERE IS ANY HUMIDITY IN THE AIR THEY HAVE A PARTY  :D
RUBY YOU POOR THING,  RACHAEL RAY SAID THEY GO FOR HER LIKE CRAZY BUT HER HUSBAND COULD BE STANDING NEXT TO HER AND  NOT ONE WOULD BITE HIM.  IT'S SOMETHING TO DO WITH THE BLOOD, LETS JUST SAY YOU HAVE  RICH BLOOD HA.SEEN A NEW GADGET ON TV SOMETIME AGO AND IT WAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH SOUND.  WHAT NEXT.  ANYWAY  DID YOU HEAR THAT THUNDER AND LIGHTENING LAST NIGHT, MIND YOU IT WAS  LATE.  ANYWAY  HOPE YOU HAVE A GOOD DAY AND NONE OF THOSE  LITTLE BUG**ERS, HA.  LIZ XXXXX
sixtyniner

udini

St Marks and Everton schools Belfast.
« Reply #23213 on: August 22, 2019, 02:20:27 PM »
Anyone on here that went to or knows anybody or anything about the above schools? I went to both from 1953 - 1964 and am looking for any old classmates. I left NI in 1977 and have been living in Edmonton, Alberta ever since.
Who,what, where,when and why,I think that says it all.

urneygirl

« Reply #23214 on: August 22, 2019, 09:14:42 PM »
Hi udini,   I  went to Glenwood, left school the end of 1960, I had a couple of girl friends who went to Everton but they would have left school the same time as me.
Maiden names were ( Jeanie  Bennett & ( Ruby Harkness,)   I hope your search works out, I came to Canada in 1967 with my Husband, we live in Ajax  Ontario.

Drop in anytime  :)

urneygirl

« Reply #23215 on: August 22, 2019, 09:34:29 PM »
HI LIZ,  AFTER ALL THESE YEARS MY BLOOD SHOULD HAVE THINNED OUT BY NOW :D

IT'S NICE COMFORTABLE WEATHER TODAY,  WINDIES AND DURES OPEN DA THE WORLD, DO YOU REMEMBER THAT SAYING ?  :D

THIS WEEK HAS FLOWN IN,  WHAT DAY IS YOUR FRIEND COMING BACK FROM FLORIDA  ?  :-* :-*

urneygirl

« Reply #23216 on: August 23, 2019, 10:30:29 PM »
TO ALL OUR WEE CHUMS NEAR & FAR I HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND    :-** :-*

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #23217 on: August 23, 2019, 11:41:41 PM »
HI LIZ,  AFTER ALL THESE YEARS MY BLOOD SHOULD HAVE THINNED OUT BY NOW :D

IT'S NICE COMFORTABLE WEATHER TODAY,  WINDIES AND DURES OPEN DA THE WORLD, DO YOU REMEMBER THAT SAYING ?  :D

THIS WEEK HAS FLOWN IN,  WHAT DAY IS YOUR FRIEND COMING BACK FROM FLORIDA  ?  :-* :-*
RUBY  ME THINKS ITS THE RICH IRISH BLOOD HA.  MY AUNT, RIP,  LIVED IN AUSTRALIA FOR A LONG TIME AND SAID SHE STILL COULD NOT GET USED TO THE HEAT.  I STILL PREFER THE COOLNESS OVER THE HEAT BUT HAVE TO SAY THIS LAST YR.   I NEEDED THE HEAT AS MY  BONES  ALWAYS FELT COLD  AND ACHY.  HA.   I'VE HAD MY WINDIES AND DURES OPENED  FROM THE BEGINNING OF THE WK.  RIGHT NOW AS I SAT DOWN I FELT IT ALMOST COLD SO I CLOSED THE DURE OVER SOME. HA. WISH WE COLD GET TOGETHER , I THINK WE'D BE TALKING AS IF WE JUST  GOT OF THE BOAT.  HA.   MARGARET LEFT ON WED. MORNING AND COMING BACK NEXT THURSDAY  AND NOT LONG AFTER THAT  HER AND GRAHAM AND SOME FRIENDS ARE OF TO , SORRY I FORGET.  WELL I HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT WEEK END.   LIZ  XXXXX
sixtyniner

urneygirl

« Reply #23218 on: August 25, 2019, 05:35:03 PM »
HI ALL, I HOPE YOUR WEEKEND IS GOING WELL   :-**

LIZ, OUR WEEKEND WAS PRETTY GOOD, OUR FRIENDS INVITED US TO THEIR TRAILER AT ( LOVE SICK LAKE )  FOR A COUPLE OF DAYS BUT WE ONLY WENT FOR THE DAY AND IT WAS LOVELY. BOBBY GOES TO PLAY EUCHRE ON A SUNDAY EVERY COUPLE OF MONTHS SO IT WOULD HAVE BEEN A BIT OF A RUSH FOR US GETTING HOME ON TIME.

WE SCATTERED SOME OF OUR FRIEND DOROTHY'S ASHES IN AN AREA IN THE LAKE WHEN SHE PASSED AWAY, SO WE BRING HER FLOWERS ON HER ANNIVERSARY, I CAN'T BELIEVE IT HAS BEEN 4 YEARS SINCE SHE PASSED AWAY  :(

TODAYS WEATHER IS VERY COMFORTABLE SO FAR SO I HOPE YOU HAVE A PLEASANT DAY.  :-*

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #23219 on: August 25, 2019, 06:01:52 PM »
HI ALL, I HOPE YOUR WEEKEND IS GOING WELL   :-**

LIZ, OUR WEEKEND WAS PRETTY GOOD, OUR FRIENDS INVITED US TO THEIR TRAILER AT ( LOVE SICK LAKE )  FOR A COUPLE OF DAYS BUT WE ONLY WENT FOR THE DAY AND IT WAS LOVELY. BOBBY GOES TO PLAY EUCHRE ON A SUNDAY EVERY COUPLE OF MONTHS SO IT WOULD HAVE BEEN A BIT OF A RUSH FOR US GETTING HOME ON TIME.

WE SCATTERED SOME OF OUR FRIEND DOROTHY'S ASHES IN AN AREA IN THE LAKE WHEN SHE PASSED AWAY, SO WE BRING HER FLOWERS ON HER ANNIVERSARY, I CAN'T BELIEVE IT HAS BEEN 4 YEARS SINCE SHE PASSED AWAY  :(

TODAYS WEATHER IS VERY COMFORTABLE SO FAR SO I HOPE YOU HAVE A PLEASANT DAY.  :-**
RUBY I'M GLAD YOU HAD  AT LEAST ONE DAY, BETTER THAN NOTHING.   IT'S HARD TO BELIEVE  4 YRS HAVE PAST,  MY FRIEND AND I WERE TALKING ABOUT THAT LAST WK.  IT'S BEEN 4 YRS SINCE I MOVED INTO THIS PLACE, 4YRS!!!    HAVE YOU NOTICED IT'S STAYING DARKER IN THE MORNINGS NOW AND GETTING COOLER.  THIS MORNING I HAD TO  HAVE MY FURRY SHAWL ROUND MY SHOULDERS AND NOW TOO. I DON'T WANT TO CLOSE THE  DOOR COMPLETLY.   THAT WAS A LOVELY THING ABOUT SCATTERING THE ASHES, WAS THAT HER WISH?.   HOPE THE REST OF THE WKEND GOES WELL LOVE.   LIZ XXXX
sixtyniner