Author Topic: CANADA TO-DAY.  (Read 1566413 times)

mcd

Re: CANADA TO-DAY.
« Reply #23265 on: September 09, 2019, 03:19:10 AM »
HI GANG ,  THERE WAS A NIP IN THE AIR TODAY  AND IT FELT DAMP  THANK GOODNESS THE TROPICAL STORM DIDN'T BRING THE PUNCH WITH IT DOWN EAST THAT IT DID TO THE BAHAMAS  I HAVE BEEN WATCHING THE NEWS CLOSELY AS I HAVE A FRIEND AND HER HUSBAND DOING A ROAD TRIP DOWN THAT WAY     I  HEARD ABOUT FLOODING AND DOWNED TREES  HOPEFULLY NO SERIOUS INJURIES

RUBY  I CANT BELIEVE YOU DIDN'T GO ACROSS THE BORDER   ;)  BUT I AM GLAD YOU BOTH HAD A NICE TIME . 

SCOTLAND  YOUR A BUSY LADY TRAVELLING THE LENGTH AND BREATH OF THE COUNTRY , AS LONG AS YOU ENJOY WHAT YOUR DOING  ITS WHEN  YOU DON'T ENJOY IT   THAT'S WHEN IT BECOMES A JOB 

LIZ  WELL THE TENNIS IS OVER  FOR ANOTHER YEAR  I WATCHED NADAL  WAS A GREAT GAME  I WAS HOPING HE WOULD GET BEAT AS YOU KNOW I AM  NOT A FAN OF HIS  THE RUSSIAN GUY WAS BRILLIANT .   THEY PLAYED FOR 5 HOURS   

TAKE IT EASY HAVE A GOOD NIGHT   :-*

KC GREAT TO HEAR FROM YOU   I SEE YOU ARE PLANNING A TRIP  WITH A COUPLE OF THE GRANDKIDS TO WA  WOULD THAT BE WESTERN AUSTRALIA ?   I ALWAYS ENJOY TRIPS WITH THE KIDS  THEY ALWAYS FIND INTERESTING THINGS TO SEE   HOWS ALL THE  FAMILY DOING ?

Light travels faster than sound, This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #23266 on: September 09, 2019, 05:06:06 AM »
                   THEY ARE COMING BACK ON THURSDAY ELIZABETH.   *
JUST HEARD A BIG SIGH OF RELIEF THERE WHEN YOU WROTE THAT JACKIE HA.   I HOPE THEY HAVE A SAFE JOURNEY HOME.  LIZ  XXXX
sixtyniner

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #23267 on: September 09, 2019, 05:17:21 AM »
HI GANG ,  THERE WAS A NIP IN THE AIR TODAY  AND IT FELT DAMP  THANK GOODNESS THE TROPICAL STORM DIDN'T BRING THE PUNCH WITH IT DOWN EAST THAT IT DID TO THE BAHAMAS  I HAVE BEEN WATCHING THE NEWS CLOSELY AS I HAVE A FRIEND AND HER HUSBAND DOING A ROAD TRIP DOWN THAT WAY     I  HEARD ABOUT FLOODING AND DOWNED TREES  HOPEFULLY NO SERIOUS INJURIES

RUBY  I CANT BELIEVE YOU DIDN'T GO ACROSS THE BORDER   ;)  BUT I AM GLAD YOU BOTH HAD A NICE TIME . 

SCOTLAND  YOUR A BUSY LADY TRAVELLING THE LENGTH AND BREATH OF THE COUNTRY , AS LONG AS YOU ENJOY WHAT YOUR DOING  ITS WHEN  YOU DON'T ENJOY IT   THAT'S WHEN IT BECOMES A JOB 

LIZ  WELL THE TENNIS IS OVER  FOR ANOTHER YEAR  I WATCHED NADAL  WAS A GREAT GAME  I WAS HOPING HE WOULD GET BEAT AS YOU KNOW I AM  NOT A FAN OF HIS  THE RUSSIAN GUY WAS BRILLIANT .   THEY PLAYED FOR 5 HOURS   

TAKE IT EASY HAVE A GOOD NIGHT   :-*

KC GREAT TO HEAR FROM YOU   I SEE YOU ARE PLANNING A TRIP  WITH A COUPLE OF THE GRANDKIDS TO WA  WOULD THAT BE WESTERN AUSTRALIA ?   I ALWAYS ENJOY TRIPS WITH THE KIDS  THEY ALWAYS FIND INTERESTING THINGS TO SEE   HOWS ALL THE  FAMILY DOING ?
JEAN  JUST A WORD ON NADAL, CAN'T STAND TO WATCH HIM AS HE DRIVES ME CRAZY WITH THAT RITUAL  BEFORE HE SERVES, EVEN WHEN IT'S A SECOND SERVE BUT I  DON'T EVEN WATCH THE FINALS  IF ROGER IS NOT IN IT BUT I CAUGHT THE LAST SET NEAR THE END AND WATCHED IT.  BELIEVE IT OR NOT I WANTED HIM TO WIN, HE PLAYS HARD HA.   THEY WERE BOTH  GOOD PLAYERS.  YES IT'S OVER FOR ANOTHER YR.   WHAT WILL WE DO WITH ALL THIS EXTRA TIME NOW HA.     HOPE YOU HAVE A NICE REST OF THE WKEND.  THERE IS A NIP IN THE AIR NOW , SYLVIA DROPPED IN TONIGHT AND  SAID SHE WAS OUT TODAY FOR A WHILE AND IT WAS COOL.   MY FRIEND   WENT TO  BARBADOS LAST WK SO THEY SHOULD BE COMING HOME NEXT WEEK.  I FEEL SORRY FOR ALL THOSE POOR PEOPLE  CAUGHT  IN THAT "STORM" AND ALL THE DESTRUCTION  IT DID.   I'M SURE YOU ARE IN BED BY NOW.  SLEEP WELL.  LIZ XXXXXXX
sixtyniner

kraftcheese

« Reply #23268 on: September 09, 2019, 08:00:28 AM »
Hi chums. Mcd, yes, WA is Western Australia - Perth, to be exact.  We lived there for 14 years and like to visit every couple of years to see old friends as well as big son, d.i.l, and two youngest grandboys. They were over this side of Oz in April and May and all the cousins had a good catchup then.  Still cool days here in Melbourne but in Perth today it's 33C. I love the weather there as it's very stable and the summers are hot and dry. Sharon can't take holidays at Christmas time so we're taking her two with us.  Xx

Jackie I'm pleased to hear Vi and her family are safe and well. Xx

Liz, I hope you get peace from the noisy workmen this week xx
Omnia in finem bona sunt. Si non bona non finis est.

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #23269 on: September 09, 2019, 11:20:22 AM »
Hi chums. Mcd, yes, WA is Western Australia - Perth, to be exact.  We lived there for 14 years and like to visit every couple of years to see old friends as well as big son, d.i.l, and two youngest grandboys. They were over this side of Oz in April and May and all the cousins had a good catchup then.  Still cool days here in Melbourne but in Perth today it's 33C. I love the weather there as it's very stable and the summers are hot and dry. Sharon can't take holidays at Christmas time so we're taking her two with us.  Xx

Jackie I'm pleased to hear Vi and her family are safe and well. Xx

Liz, I hope you get peace from the noisy workmen this week xx
KC, COMPARED TO WHAT ALL THOSE PEOPLE ARE GOING THROUGH , I CAN PUT UP WITH NOISY WORKMEN, BUT THANK YOU ANYWAY FOR YOUR GOOD THOUGHTS.   YOUR GOOD WEATHER SHOULD BE ARRIVING SOON HA.  I ALWAYS FIND IT FUNNY TO HEAR YOU TALK ABOUT GOING INTO SPRING/SUMMER AND WE HAVE  THAT WHITE STUFF ON THE GROUND, TG NOT YET HA.   LIZ XXXX
sixtyniner

urneygirl

« Reply #23270 on: September 09, 2019, 08:16:46 PM »
HI ALL, I HAVE BEEN MISSING FOR A COUPLE OF DAYS AND WILL HAVE TO GO BACK AND READ EVERYTHING., WE HAD A BUSY WEEKEND.

JACKIE I'M GLAD THE STORM HAS EASED I'M SURE YOU WERE WORRIED ABOUT THE GIRLS,  THANKFULLY THEY'RE OK .  :-*

I WAS GOING TO POST YESTERDAY BUT ONLY GOT AS FAR AS SIGNING IN AND I NOTICED I WAS STILL SIGNED IN FROM FRIDAY, SO DON'T THINK I WAS IGNORING OUR THREAD  :D

I'LL GO BACK AND CATCH UP ON THINGS  :-**

urneygirl

« Reply #23271 on: September 09, 2019, 09:29:53 PM »
JEAN,  WE DID GO OVER THE BORDER BUT I  DIDN'T BUY ANYTHING FROM MACY'S OR JC-PENNY'S ON THIS TRIP.  I BOUGHT A FEW THINGS IN WALMART FROM THE DRUGSTORE (CHEAPER THAN HERE )  AND MY FAVOURITE VERMOUNT CHEESE   :)

LIZ, I HOPE YOU'RE WELL, SORRY TO HEAR YOU'RE STILL HAVING PROBLEMS WITH THE BED, IS IT SOMETHING THE COMPANY COULD ADJUST FOR YOU ? :-*

SARAH, I'M SURE YOU'RE GLAD WINTER IS OVER, IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAVE ALREADY GOT SUMMER PLANS, GOOD FOR YOU.   :-*

SCOTLAND, YOU BUSY BEE :D I'M SURE YOU WILL BE LOOKING FORWARD TO A NICE BREAK SOON AND SOME TRAVELLING. :-*

IT'S NICE TO SEE YOU ALL  :-**

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #23272 on: September 10, 2019, 03:16:49 AM »
JEAN,  WE DID GO OVER THE BORDER BUT I  DIDN'T BUY ANYTHING FROM MACY'S OR JC-PENNY'S ON THIS TRIP.  I BOUGHT A FEW THINGS IN WALMART FROM THE DRUGSTORE (CHEAPER THAN HERE )  AND MY FAVOURITE VERMOUNT CHEESE   :)

LIZ, I HOPE YOU'RE WELL, SORRY TO HEAR YOU'RE STILL HAVING PROBLEMS WITH THE BED, IS IT SOMETHING THE COMPANY COULD ADJUST FOR YOU ? :-*

SARAH, I'M SURE YOU'RE GLAD WINTER IS OVER, IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAVE ALREADY GOT SUMMER PLANS, GOOD FOR YOU.   :-*

SCOTLAND, YOU BUSY BEE :D I'M SURE YOU WILL BE LOOKING FORWARD TO A NICE BREAK SOON AND SOME TRAVELLING. :-*

IT'S NICE TO SEE YOU ALL  :-**
RUBY,  WHEN I READ THAT YOU HAVE TO SIGN IN  I WONDER HOW IT IS I NEVER HAVE TO.   WHEN I GET AN EMAIL FROM ONE OF THE THREADS I JUST CLICK ON IT AND IT OPENS  FOR ME.  ?   ANYWAY  I LOVE HEARING YOU BUY THINGS AND THEY ARE CHEAPER  EXCEPT WHEN YOU PAY TAXES ON THEM COMING HOME. WHICH IS CROCK AS  THEY DON'T HAVE TO GOING BACK  AGAIN. SORRY , HA. ANYWAY I HAVE A LIST FOR YOU NEXT TIME YOU GO HA.    IT'S NOTHING  THE COMPANY CAN DO LOVE,  IT'S  THE MATRESS WHICH HAS A  NYLON  COVER ON JUST LIKE THEY DO IN THE HOSPITALS  BUT IN MY CASE  I DON'T  HAVE NURSES  MAKING MY BED FOR ME HA.   KRISTINA PUTS THE CLIPS ON, TWO SETS ON EACH CORNOR AND THAT HELPS SO MUCH AND I PUT A LARGE TOWEL DOWN AND IT HELPS  ME GRIP ON WHEN I'M CLIMBING IN.  SORRY I KNOW THIS SOUNDS ALL SO PERSON BUT    IT'S JUST WHAT IS.  EVERYTIME  KRISTINA COMES WE TRY TO WORK OUT THINGS AND  WONDER WOULD THIS OR THAT WORK.   I HOPE YOU HAVE A GOOD NIGHT   LIZXXXXX
sixtyniner

urneygirl

« Reply #23273 on: September 11, 2019, 02:37:48 AM »
HI LIZ,  WHEN I LEAVE THE FORUM AFTER I HAVE READ ALL THE POSTS I'M INTERESTED IN I USUALLY SIGN OUT.  SOME OF THE THREADS YOU CANNOT READ IF YOU'RE NOT SIGNED IN.  ;)

THANKFULLY WE HAVE NEVER HAD TO PAY DUTY CROSSING THE BORDER, WE ALWAYS HAVE THE RECEIPTS READY AND THERE IS NO PROBLEM, PLUS WE ARE ALLOWED MORE DUTY FREE THE PAST FEW YEARS THAN WE USED TO . :)

I'M SORRY YOU'RE STILL HAVING PROBLEMS WITH THE BED, WOULD A REGULAR FITTED SINGLE BED SHEET NOT WORK OVER THE NYLON ONE, OR IS THAT WHAT YOU HAVE ALREADY TRIED ?

I'LL TALK TO YOU TOMORROW, NITE NITE LOVE  :-* :-*

mcd

« Reply #23274 on: September 11, 2019, 02:54:02 AM »
GOOD EVENING LADIES , HOW ARE YOU ALL ?   WHAT DID YOU GET UP TO TODAY

WELL WE STARTED OUT THIS MORNING HEADING FOR THE LITTLE TOWN OF KINMOUNT  SETTLED BY ICELANDIC AND SCOTTISH BUT BUT ENDED UP

IN COBOCONK  JUST PICKED UP A TIMS AND DROVE ON  DIDN'T FIND KINMOUNT  IT'S  A SMALL PLACE  MAYBE IT WAS SO SMALL  WE DROVE RIGHT PAST IT  :D    WE WILL TRY AGAIN WE WON'T BE BEATEN  :D     

LIZ I AM SORRY LOVE I DIDN'T REALISE YOU WERE HAVING PROBLEMS WITH THE MATTRESS  I AM SURE YOU HAVE TRIED  EVERYTHING

BUT CAN YOU NOT USE COTTON SHEETS  SO THERE WOULD BE NO SLIPPING ?  AT OUR  MEDICAL CENTER THERE IS A SHOP WHERE THEY SELL

PILLOWS   CHAIRS FOR THE BATH    AND A LOT OF OTHER IN HOME GADGETS  FOR PEOPLE SUCH AS YOURSELF . 

HAVE A GOODNIGHT CHUMS   :-* :-* 
Light travels faster than sound, This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #23275 on: September 11, 2019, 10:47:45 AM »
HI LIZ,  WHEN I LEAVE THE FORUM AFTER I HAVE READ ALL THE POSTS I'M INTERESTED IN I USUALLY SIGN OUT.  SOME OF THE THREADS YOU CANNOT READ IF YOU'RE NOT SIGNED IN.  ;)

THANKFULLY WE HAVE NEVER HAD TO PAY DUTY CROSSING THE BORDER, WE ALWAYS HAVE THE RECEIPTS READY AND THERE IS NO PROBLEM, PLUS WE ARE ALLOWED MORE DUTY FREE THE PAST FEW YEARS THAN WE USED TO . :)

I'M SORRY YOU'RE STILL HAVING PROBLEMS WITH THE BED, WOULD A REGULAR FITTED SINGLE BED SHEET NOT WORK OVER THE NYLON ONE, OR IS THAT WHAT YOU HAVE ALREADY TRIED ?

I'LL TALK TO YOU TOMORROW, NITE NITE LOVE  :-* :-*
I'M  GLAD YOU DON'T HAVE TO PAY DUTY RUBY, IT'S NOT FAIR WHEN IT'S NOT THAT MUCH  YOU BRING OVER.  I DO REMEMBER  THE LAST TIME I WAS DOWN THE STATES, MANY MOONS AGO,  WE WENT IN VINCE'S  VAN, ROISIN WAS NOT EVEN MARRIED YET.  WE WENT TO THAT MALL EVERYONE GOES TOO AND I BOUGHT STUFF TO BRING BACK,  I COULD HAVE BOUGHT OUT THE MALL THE PRICES WERE SO GOOD BUT ANYWAY COMING BACK VINCE, STEVE'S DAD,  TOLD US TO HAVE OUR RECEIPTS READY , THEY TOOK US INTO  THE BUILDING AND WE HAD TO PAY TAXES, WE DID NOT  EVEN HAVE THAT MUCH.  DOES NOT SEEM WORTH WHILE.  BUT I'M GLAD YOU CAN BRING OVER MORE NOW.   I'M SORRY GIRL I DID NOT REALISE I WAS STILL COMPLAINING ABOUT THE BED.  I JUST WANT  TO EXPLAIN WITHOUT SOUNDING LIKE I'M COMPLAINING.  WE'LL KEEP ON TRYING THINGS  TILL IT WORKS OUT  HA.   I DID NOT REALISE HOW LATE IT WAS, I STILL THOUGHT IT WAS THE MIDDLE OF THE MORNING WHEN I GOT UP TO USE THE BATHROOM AND SAT DOWN AT THE COMPUTER AND IT'S ALMOST 6am   IT'S SO DARK NOW STILL.   TALK LATER.   LIZ  XXX
sixtyniner

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #23276 on: September 11, 2019, 10:56:13 AM »
GOOD EVENING LADIES , HOW ARE YOU ALL ?   WHAT DID YOU GET UP TO TODAY

WELL WE STARTED OUT THIS MORNING HEADING FOR THE LITTLE TOWN OF KINMOUNT  SETTLED BY ICELANDIC AND SCOTTISH BUT BUT ENDED UP

IN COBOCONK  JUST PICKED UP A TIMS AND DROVE ON  DIDN'T FIND KINMOUNT  IT'S  A SMALL PLACE  MAYBE IT WAS SO SMALL  WE DROVE RIGHT PAST IT  :D    WE WILL TRY AGAIN WE WON'T BE BEATEN  :D     

LIZ I AM SORRY LOVE I DIDN'T REALISE YOU WERE HAVING PROBLEMS WITH THE MATTRESS  I AM SURE YOU HAVE TRIED  EVERYTHING

BUT CAN YOU NOT USE COTTON SHEETS  SO THERE WOULD BE NO SLIPPING ?  AT OUR  MEDICAL CENTER THERE IS A SHOP WHERE THEY SELL

PILLOWS   CHAIRS FOR THE BATH    AND A LOT OF OTHER IN HOME GADGETS  FOR PEOPLE SUCH AS YOURSELF . 

HAVE A GOODNIGHT CHUMS   :-* :-*
THANKS FOR THE IDEAS JEAN,  EVERY TIME KRISTINA COMES WE  TALK OUT DIFFERENT IDEAS.  THE LAST ONE WAS THE FOAM PADDING YOU PUT ON TOP OF THE MATTRESS BUT THE BED IS BETWEEN SIZES SO WE WOULD HAVE TO CUT IT TO FIT, SO I'M WAITING TILL KRISTINA COMES BACK FROM HOLIDAYS.  SHE KNOWS THE BED BETTER . I HAVE BOUGHT  "FLANNEL SHEETS",  AND IT'S BECAUSE  THE ARE GOING OVER A MATTRESS THAT HAS A NYLON COVER ON IT AND THAT MAKES IT SLIPPY.  WE'LL WORK ON IT. HA.   WE HAVE ONE LIKE THAT IN THE PLAZA BEHIND US.  SHOPPER'S HEALTH SHOP.  THEY SELL ALL STUFF LIKE THAT .  I'M SORRY FOR GOING ON ABOUT MY BED.  I HOPE YOUSE  HAVE A GOOD DAY, IT'S LOOKS LIKE IT'S GOING TO BE A NICE ONE.  LIZ  XXXX
sixtyniner

urneygirl

« Reply #23277 on: September 11, 2019, 05:19:33 PM »
HI GIRLS, WASN'T THAT QUITE A STORM LAST NIGHT, I THOUGHT THE WINDOWS WERE GOING TO FALL IN. THE THUNDER & LIGHTENING WAS REALLY STRONG.

I WALKED OVER TO THE STORE YESTERDAY AFTERNOON AND ON MY WAY HOME THE HEAVENS OPENED, I COULDN'T DO ANYTHING BUT KEEP WALKING. WHEN I GOT HOME I WAS DRENCHED,  BOBBY & MY SISTER ( SHE ARRIVED WHILE I WAS OUT )  LOOKED AT ME IN SHOCK, BUT I DID GET A BIT OF PAMERING  :D

JEAN, I DON'T KNOW ANY OF THE PLACES YOU MENTIONED BUT I'M SURE YOU WILL FIND THEM ON YOUR NEXT ROAD TRIP. ANYTING GOING ON WITH YOUR LADIES GROUP ?   :-*

LIZ, I HOPE YOUR FRIEND WILL COME UP WITH AN IDEA FOR YOUR BED, THERE HAS TO BE SOMETHING ? :-*

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #23278 on: September 12, 2019, 05:07:37 PM »
HI GIRLS, WASN'T THAT QUITE A STORM LAST NIGHT, I THOUGHT THE WINDOWS WERE GOING TO FALL IN. THE THUNDER & LIGHTENING WAS REALLY STRONG.

I WALKED OVER TO THE STORE YESTERDAY AFTERNOON AND ON MY WAY HOME THE HEAVENS OPENED, I COULDN'T DO ANYTHING BUT KEEP WALKING. WHEN I GOT HOME I WAS DRENCHED,  BOBBY & MY SISTER ( SHE ARRIVED WHILE I WAS OUT )  LOOKED AT ME IN SHOCK, BUT I DID GET A BIT OF PAMERING  :D

JEAN, I DON'T KNOW ANY OF THE PLACES YOU MENTIONED BUT I'M SURE YOU WILL FIND THEM ON YOUR NEXT ROAD TRIP. ANYTING GOING ON WITH YOUR LADIES GROUP ?   :-*

LIZ, I HOPE YOUR FRIEND WILL COME UP WITH AN IDEA FOR YOUR BED, THERE HAS TO BE SOMETHING ? :-*
RUBY,  WE HAD THAT THUNDER AND LIGHTENING  AND IT SOUNDED LIKE THE END OF THE WORLD HA.  IT'S BEEN RAINING THIS MORNING BUT HAS STOPPED FOR NOW.  WAS THERE NO WHERE YOU COULD EVEN  STEP INTO  FOR  A BIT .  ANYWAY I'M GLAD NOTHING CAME OF IT AND YOUR OK.  THE PAMPERING SOUNDS NICE HA.  LIZXXXXXX
sixtyniner

urneygirl

« Reply #23279 on: September 12, 2019, 05:39:48 PM »
HI LIZ,  I WAS ALREADY SOAKED  BY THE TIME I GOT TO MY STREET :o THANKFULLY IT WAS ONLY RAIN. :) :-* :-*

IT'S BOBBY'S B-DAY TODAY AND BECAUSE HE IS ON FB HE HAS BEEN GETTING B-WISHES FROM ALL OVER THE PLACE. :D

JACKIE,  I'M SURE VI WILL HAVE A LOT TO TELL YOU ABOUT THE STORM WHEN SHE GETS HOME TODAY, SAY HI FROM US     :-**