Author Topic: CANADA TO-DAY.  (Read 1577015 times)

SIXTYNINER

Re: CANADA TO-DAY.
« Reply #23340 on: October 13, 2019, 12:21:03 AM »
HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO YOU ALL.

LIZ,  WE'RE HAVING OUR THANKSGIVING DINNER TODAY, KAREN & LEAH ARE BOTH OFF WORK TOMORROW SO THEY CAN STAY LATE. :D

IS YOUR BUILDING PLANNING ANYTHING FOR THE HOLIDAY ? OR ARE THEY STILL MISERABLE  :D

TO ALL OUR OTHER WEE CHUMS NEAR & FAR I HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND.  :-**
RUBY THEY NEVER EVEN  CELEBRATED CANADA DAY SO NOTHING ON FOR THANKSGIVING.   I IMAGINE SOME OF  THE  SENIORS WILL GO OUT TO RELATIVES OR SOMETHING ELSE.   I HOPE YOU HAVE A LOVELY DINNER, I SHOULD HAVE SAID HAD, HA.   I BET KAREN AND LEAH GO HOME WITH DOGGIE BAGS, HA.  I KNOW YOU'LL HAVE A GOOD WK END AND AT LEAST THE RAIN, I HOPE I DON'T JINX,  WILL STAY AWAY.  I WISH EVERYONE ELSE A  GOOD WKEND AND   
HAPPY THANKSGIVING.   LIZXXX
sixtyniner

urneygirl

« Reply #23341 on: October 18, 2019, 10:36:06 PM »
HI LIZ, WE HAD A LOVELY FEW DAYS AWAY, IT WAS A LONG DRIVE FROM OUR HOTEL IN WATERTOWN TO LAKE PLACID BUT IT WAS A PLEASANT DRIVE. 

THE DRIVE TO KINGSTON AND THE BORDER WAS LOVELY, THE COLOURS OF THE TREES WERE BEAUTIFUL THE WHOLE WAY. WHEN WE ARRIVED IN LAKE PLACID IT WAS WARMER THAN WE EXPECTED, THE MAIN STREET WAS JUST LIKE NIAGARA ON THE LAKE, LOTS OF PEOPLE. I THINK WE WERE A BIT EARLY FOR THE MORE VIBRANT RED COLOURS BUT IT WAS STILL BEAUTIFUL.  :)

THANKSGIVING DINNER WENT WELL, AND YES THEY WENT HOME WITH A LOT OF FOOD BECAUSE WE WERE GOING AWAY AND I DIDN'T WANT TO HOLD ON TO IT, I HAD SEEN ENOUGH TURKEY & HAM, KAREN AND JUSTIN ARE PRETTY GOOD CONCOCTING MEALS  :D.   

NOW, HOW HAVE YOU BEEN ?   *  :-**

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #23342 on: October 18, 2019, 11:36:19 PM »
HI LIZ, WE HAD A LOVELY FEW DAYS AWAY, IT WAS A LONG DRIVE FROM OUR HOTEL IN WATERTOWN TO LAKE PLACID BUT IT WAS A PLEASANT DRIVE. 

THE DRIVE TO KINGSTON AND THE BORDER WAS LOVELY, THE COLOURS OF THE TREES WERE BEAUTIFUL THE WHOLE WAY. WHEN WE ARRIVED IN LAKE PLACID IT WAS WARMER THAN WE EXPECTED, THE MAIN STREET WAS JUST LIKE NIAGARA ON THE LAKE, LOTS OF PEOPLE. I THINK WE WERE A BIT EARLY FOR THE MORE VIBRANT RED COLOURS BUT IT WAS STILL BEAUTIFUL.  :)

THANKSGIVING DINNER WENT WELL, AND YES THEY WENT HOME WITH A LOT OF FOOD BECAUSE WE WERE GOING AWAY AND I DIDN'T WANT TO HOLD ON TO IT, I HAD SEEN ENOUGH TURKEY & HAM, KAREN AND JUSTIN ARE PRETTY GOOD CONCOCTING MEALS  :D.   

NOW, HOW HAVE YOU BEEN ?   *  :-**
RUBY WELCOME BACK, YOU MUST HAVE HEARD ME TALKING ABOUT YOU LAST NIGHT.  I WAS TELLING MY FRIEND AND THOUGHT MAYBE YOU HAD DECIDED TO STAY A FEW MORE DAYS .  I WAS HOPING THE  WEATHER WAS GOOD FOR YOUSE AND THE COLOURS WERE OUT, GLAD ON ALL ACOUNTS HA.  ONE FRIEND SAID WHEN SHE LIVED IN MONTREAL THEY USE TO GO TO LAKE PLACID AND THE COLOURS WERE BEAUTIFUL.   BUT I'M GLAD YOU WERE ABLE TO GET AWAY AND ENJOY THE PEACE.  WISH YOU HAD BROUGHT  SOME OF THAT WARM WEATHER WITH YOU HA.   AUTUMN WAS ALWAYS MY FAV.  TIME OF YEAR BUT OF LATELY  I JUST WANT WARM . OH WELL THERE'S NOTHING WE CAN DO BUT COMPLAIN HA.  GLAD TO HAVE YOU BACK LOVE.   LIZ   XXXX
sixtyniner

urneygirl

« Reply #23343 on: October 20, 2019, 12:35:25 AM »
HI LIZ, THE WEATHER IS SUPPOSED TO BE WARMER TOMORROW  :)  I WAS OUT FOR A FEW HOURS TODAY SELLING MY RAFFLE TICKETS IN A WALMART, WE WERE SET UP A BIT  BACK FROM THE FRONT DOORS AND EVERYTIME THE DOORS OPENED IT WAS FREEZING  ::) WHEN BOBBY PICKED ME UP THE FIRST THING I SAID WAS "PLEASE TAKE ME FOR A HOT COFFEE" :D:D

NOTHING MUCH GOING ON OVER THE WEEKEND, JUSTIN CAME AND HELPED BOBBY COVER UP SOME THINGS IN THE GARDEN. I STILL HAVE SOME NICE FLOWERS IN PLANT BOXES BUT I KNOW THEY WON'T LAST MUCH LONGER IF WE GET A BLAST OF COLD WEATHER. :(

I TURNED ON THE TV THIS MORNING ( CAN'T REMEMBER THE STATION)  IT WAS ALL ABOUT BREXIT, I LISTENED TO IT FOR ABOUT AN HOUR NOT UNDERSTANDING EVERYTHING THAT WAS SAID SO I'LL HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL IT'S SORTED OUT. :-\

IT'S A BIT LATE, BUT TO ALL OUR WEE CHUMS NEAR & FAR I HOPE YOU'RE ALL HAVING A GOOD WEEKEND   :-**

jillyfred

« Reply #23344 on: October 20, 2019, 02:31:55 PM »
Ruby I was interested to know why Canada has Thanksgiving this month unlike the USA which is the last Thursday in November.
Is it due to the original settlers coming to Canada in October?
I am glad they have it in USA as my New Yorkers are coming home for a week over their Thanksgiving!!!
I understand its a holiday there because of the Pilgrims arriving there.
I have of course been reading the Canada Thread and enjoy very much your posts and Liz`s.Also,the others when they post.
Its sad though to see -like the rest of the Forum-so many of the original posters no longer with us.
I suppose Facebook and Twitter have over taken our Forum for many.
They are very much missed.
How can we entice them back?I wish I knew.
Please give Bobby my belated Happy Birthday.
Take care.God Bless.

jilly xo

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #23345 on: October 20, 2019, 10:41:48 PM »
HI LIZ, THE WEATHER IS SUPPOSED TO BE WARMER TOMORROW  :)  I WAS OUT FOR A FEW HOURS TODAY SELLING MY RAFFLE TICKETS IN A WALMART, WE WERE SET UP A BIT  BACK FROM THE FRONT DOORS AND EVERYTIME THE DOORS OPENED IT WAS FREEZING  ::) WHEN BOBBY PICKED ME UP THE FIRST THING I SAID WAS "PLEASE TAKE ME FOR A HOT COFFEE" :D:D

NOTHING MUCH GOING ON OVER THE WEEKEND, JUSTIN CAME AND HELPED BOBBY COVER UP SOME THINGS IN THE GARDEN. I STILL HAVE SOME NICE FLOWERS IN PLANT BOXES BUT I KNOW THEY WON'T LAST MUCH LONGER IF WE GET A BLAST OF COLD WEATHER. :(

I TURNED ON THE TV THIS MORNING ( CAN'T REMEMBER THE STATION)  IT WAS ALL ABOUT BREXIT, I LISTENED TO IT FOR ABOUT AN HOUR NOT UNDERSTANDING EVERYTHING THAT WAS SAID SO I'LL HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL IT'S SORTED OUT. :-\

IT'S A BIT LATE, BUT TO ALL OUR WEE CHUMS NEAR & FAR I HOPE YOU'RE ALL HAVING A GOOD WEEKEND   :-**
RUBY,  I HAD TO SHUT MY DOOR AGAIN.  THOUGHT I WAS BEING BRAVE AND OPENED IT BUT LIKE I SAID, HAD TO CLOSE IT.   COULD YOU BRING ANY OF THOSE FLOWERS INSIDE AND ENJOY THEM , I MEAN CUT THEM AT THE STEMS AND PUT THEM IN VASES.  I HOPE YOU SOLD LOTS OF TICKETS  AND YES  I DO KNOW ABOUT THOSE DOORS.   ONE TIME  WHILE WAITING FOR THE HANDI VAN WE SAT IN THE HALL  SO NOT TO MISS IT AND EVERY TIME THE OUTSIDE DOOR OPENED IT WAS  LIKE OPENING THE FREEZER.   RUBY I HAVE TRIED TO LISTEN AND UNDERSTAND  THIS BREXIT BUT I'M AS WISE AS EVER.   SEEMS THOSE WHO OPED  TO LEAVE WERE JUST AS WISE HA,  NOW THEY SAID THEY MADE A MISTAKE, THAT'S AS FAR OR AS MUCH AS I KNOW OR UNDERSTAND.   WE HAVE OUR OWN GOING ON HA,  WE VOTE TOMORROW AND THEY WILL COME  INTO THE BUILDING DOWNSTAIRS,  MY FRIENDS ALL DID THEIR VOTING LAST WK.  STILL GETTING PHONE CALLS  FROM THE PARTYS.  SO WE'LL SEE.USE TO BE ONE TIME I LOVED WAITING AND WATCHING THE  RESULTS COMING IN BUT CAN'T BEAR IT NOW. I'M LIKE THE OSTRICH ,  I'LL WAIT AND  SEE. HA. ANYWAY LOVE I'M OF TO NUKE SOME THING TO EAT.  TALK LATER.  LIZ  XXX
sixtyniner

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #23346 on: October 20, 2019, 10:46:22 PM »
Ruby I was interested to know why Canada has Thanksgiving this month unlike the USA which is the last Thursday in November.
Is it due to the original settlers coming to Canada in October?
I am glad they have it in USA as my New Yorkers are coming home for a week over their Thanksgiving!!!
I understand its a holiday there because of the Pilgrims arriving there.
I have of course been reading the Canada Thread and enjoy very much your posts and Liz`s.Also,the others when they post.
Its sad though to see -like the rest of the Forum-so many of the original posters no longer with us.
I suppose Facebook and Twitter have over taken our Forum for many.
They are very much missed.
How can we entice them back?I wish I knew.
Please give Bobby my belated Happy Birthday.
Take care.God Bless.

jilly xo
HI JILLY, I'M ASHAMED TO SAY I DON'T KNOW VERY MUCH EITHER.  I GUESS WHEN WE WERE WORKING ALL WE CARED ABOUT  WAS GETTING OF FOR A HOLIDAY, AND THE FOOD OF COURSE.  THE USA HAD THEIR TG BECAUSE OF THE FIRST SETTLERS, I LEARNED THAT FROM A SHOW,  "EVERY ONE LOVES RAYMOND" HA.   YOU'RE RIGHT, MANY OF OUR OLD POSTERS HAVE LEFT, MAYBE TO GO TO FACE BOOK OR THE GOOD EARTH.    ALWAYS HAPPY TO HEAR FROM YOU .  LIZ XXXX
sixtyniner

urneygirl

« Reply #23347 on: October 21, 2019, 11:32:54 PM »
HI GIRLS,

JILLY IT'S NICE TO SEE YOU AGAIN :)

THANKSGIVING WAS CELEBRATED  AFTER THE HARVEST WAS OVER, THE STATES HARVEST MAY HAVE BEEN A BIT LATER DUE TO DIFFERENT CLIMATE. ?

IT IS A LOVELY TIME OF THE YEAR, CRISP AIR AND BEAUTIFUL FALL COLOURS.   UNFORTUNATLY THERE'S TALK OF RAIN THIS WEEK. ::)

LIZ, THE FLOWERS WOULDN'T LAST VERY LONG INDOORS, PLUS I WOULD BE BRINGING ALL SORTS OF CRAWLEY THINGS INTO THE HOUSE ;)

IT'S GOOD THAT YOU DON'T HAVE TO LEAVE THE BUILDING TO VOTE, WHEN I FINISH THIS POST WE'RE HEADING OUT TO CAST OUR VOTES, WE JUST HAVE TO GO TO THE LOCAL SCHOOL.    I'LL CHECK BACK LATER   *

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #23348 on: October 22, 2019, 11:03:51 AM »
HI GIRLS,

JILLY IT'S NICE TO SEE YOU AGAIN :)

THANKSGIVING WAS CELEBRATED  AFTER THE HARVEST WAS OVER, THE STATES HARVEST MAY HAVE BEEN A BIT LATER DUE TO DIFFERENT CLIMATE. ?

IT IS A LOVELY TIME OF THE YEAR, CRISP AIR AND BEAUTIFUL FALL COLOURS.   UNFORTUNATLY THERE'S TALK OF RAIN THIS WEEK. ::)

LIZ, THE FLOWERS WOULDN'T LAST VERY LONG INDOORS, PLUS I WOULD BE BRINGING ALL SORTS OF CRAWLEY THINGS INTO THE HOUSE ;)

IT'S GOOD THAT YOU DON'T HAVE TO LEAVE THE BUILDING TO VOTE, WHEN I FINISH THIS POST WE'RE HEADING OUT TO CAST OUR VOTES, WE JUST HAVE TO GO TO THE LOCAL SCHOOL.    I'LL CHECK BACK LATER   *
WELL RUBY,  I JUST HAD TO GO DOWN STAIRS AND VOTE , NO PROBLEM EXCEPT FOR THE TIME IT TAKES TO GET READY HA.   I HAD DECIDED TO GO TO THE BANK  AFTER THAT AND SO I DID, IT WOULD HAVE CUT YOU IN TWO.   WHEN RIDING  PAST THE BUILDINGS THERE WAS NO SHELTER AND THE WIND WAS  SO COLD.  GOT TO THE BANK AND  AFTER THAT  WENT AND PICKED UP A FEW GROCERIES FROM THE DUTCH STORE.  I LOVE THEIR BREAD BUT IT'S EXPENSIVE.   GOT BACK AND ENDED UP  SITTING DOWN STAIRS FOR A WHILE TALKING BUT  BY THE TIME I GOT HOME MY KNEES WERE KILLING ME, SORRY YOU KNEW IT WAS COMING, HA.   I'M GLAD YOU VOTED , I HAD DOUBTS ON  WITHER TO OR NOT,  BUT MY FRIEND SAID IT WOULD BE A LOST VOTE IF I DIDN'T.  I USE TO LOVE VOTING , WAITING UP TO SEE ALL THE VOTES COMING IN AND THEN WHO WON BUT NOW I COULD NOT CARE LESS.  I'VE BECOME SO DISHEARTENED.  I REALLY SOUND  PATHECTIC. GET THIS,  A FEW HRS BEFORE CLOSING TIME TO VOTE I STILL GOT  A PHONE CALL, I HAD BEEN GETTING THOSE  AS I'M SURE YOU HAD TOO.  WELL IT'S OVER AND I STILL DON'T KNOW WHO WON HA.  I'M SURE I WILL WHEN I TURN THE TV ON.   I HOPE YOU HAVE A GOOD DAY LOVE.   LIZ XXXX
sixtyniner

urneygirl

« Reply #23349 on: October 23, 2019, 01:10:20 AM »
HI LIZ,

I'M GLAD TO SEE YOU'RE GOING OUT AND ABOUT FOR YOUR GROCERIES, I HOPE THAT MEANS YOU'RE FEELING A BIT BETTER :)

WE WENT TO VOTE LAST NIGHT AND WE WERE SURPRISED TO SEE SO FEW PEOPLE VOTING,  BUT IT MAY HAVE BEEN BUSY EARLIER IN THE DAY.

I'M GOING TO HAVE A QUICK READ THROUGH SOME THREADS, SO I'LL SEE YOU TOMORROW. HAVE A GOOD NIGHT   :-**

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #23350 on: October 23, 2019, 11:25:28 AM »
HI LIZ,

I'M GLAD TO SEE YOU'RE GOING OUT AND ABOUT FOR YOUR GROCERIES, I HOPE THAT MEANS YOU'RE FEELING A BIT BETTER :)

WE WENT TO VOTE LAST NIGHT AND WE WERE SURPRISED TO SEE SO FEW PEOPLE VOTING,  BUT IT MAY HAVE BEEN BUSY EARLIER IN THE DAY.

I'M GOING TO HAVE A QUICK READ THROUGH SOME THREADS, SO I'LL SEE YOU TOMORROW. HAVE A GOOD NIGHT   :-**
THANKS FOR THAT RUBY,  I ONLY PICKED UP A FEW  AS MY FRIEND DOES THE BIG ONE FOR ME.  I DO THE ON LINE THING AT WAL MART AND THEN  A FRIEND TOLD ME ABOUT FORTINOS. SO I PHONED UP AND ASKED QUESTIONS . I HAD GOGGLED THEM FIRST AND THE LADY TOLD ME TO GO TO THEIR SITE BUT IT JUST TOOK ME BACK TO WHERE I HAD BEEN.  BUT I WOULD LIKE TO TRY IT AGAIN.  HAVE YOU EVER TRIED ON LINE GROCERY SHOPPING.   I KNOW YOU AND BOBBY  GO OUT SHOPPING.  BUT FOR ANY REASON YOU NEEDED TOO.  MY FRIEND'S  SON IN LAW  HAD AN OPERATION ON HIS LEG SO COULD NOT DRIVE FOR  6WKS SO MY FRIEND DOES A LOT  OF PICKING  UP THE KIDS ETC,  HER DAUGHTER WAS DOING THE ON LINE THING ON HER PHONE AND THEN THE SAME DAY AFTER WORK SHE WOULD GO AND PICK THEM UP.   OH WELL.  I HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT DAY LOVE. LIZ  XXXX
sixtyniner

IRISHDIVA

« Reply #23351 on: October 23, 2019, 05:35:04 PM »
Hi, Sorry I have not been on much but you know how it goes, Had a couple of family birthdays and then doing the final close up of the garden. I have so many plant that need to be cut down, I had 8 yard waste bags to go out on Monday. Glad it's done so I gave myself a good talking to and no more plants going into the garden.. Well that's what I am saying for now   ;) Have a good day
You will never know where you are going.
If you do not remember where you come from.

urneygirl

« Reply #23352 on: October 23, 2019, 11:22:20 PM »
HI LILLIAN, NICE TO SEE YOU, I LOVE THE GARDEN BUT HATE THE CLEAN UP  :(

EVERY YEAR WE SAY WE'RE NOT GOING TO PLANT TOO MUCH BUT WE DON'T STICK TO IT, THANK GOODNESS WE GOT THINGS CLEARED UP LAST WEEK.  WE ONLY HAVE A FEW PLANTERS THE FRONT OF THE HOUSE THAT HAVE BEEN DOING WELL, EXCEPT ONE THAT IS TOP HEAVY AND KEEPS  BLOWING OVER, BOBBY PUT IT IN ANOTHER PLANTER WITH SAND TODAY SO THAT SHOULD KEEP IT STEADY . I HAVEN'T THE HEART TO THROW THEM OUT YET :D  SAY HI TO MAVIS     :-***

urneygirl

« Reply #23353 on: October 23, 2019, 11:38:18 PM »
HI LIZ,

I HAVE NEVER DONE ON LINE SHOPPING, SARA HAS ORDERED A FEW THINGS FOR ME BUT NOT GROCERIES. IF IT HELPS YOU WHY NOT DO IT IF IT MAKES LIFE EASIER FOR YOU. :)

BOBBY'S COUSIN DOESN'T DRIVE SO SHE ORDERS A LOT ON LINE.  WE HAD LUNCH WITH HER TODAY AND THEN TOOK HER SHOPPING AND I DIDN'T BUY A THING. :D :-* :-*

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #23354 on: October 24, 2019, 10:50:27 PM »
HI LIZ,

I HAVE NEVER DONE ON LINE SHOPPING, SARA HAS ORDERED A FEW THINGS FOR ME BUT NOT GROCERIES. IF IT HELPS YOU WHY NOT DO IT IF IT MAKES LIFE EASIER FOR YOU. :)

BOBBY'S COUSIN DOESN'T DRIVE SO SHE ORDERS A LOT ON LINE.  WE HAD LUNCH WITH HER TODAY AND THEN TOOK HER SHOPPING AND I DIDN'T BUY A THING. :D :-* :-*
HI RUBY, DID NOT REALISE I HAD NOT  RECIEVED MY CTD POSTS.  ANY HOW  I'M STILL MAKING MY LIST AND ANYONE WHO DOES ON LINE WILL TELL YOU HOW MUCH TIME IT TAKES WHICH IS WHY I HAVE TO KEEP COMING BACK  AGAIN HA.   THAT WAS NICE OF YOU TO TAKE HER SHOPPING AND I'M PROUD OF YOU FOR NOT BUYING ANYTHING, THAT MUST HAVE HAD TO BE HARD HA.   I THINK THE ONLY PLACE I'VE DONE ON LINE SHOPPING IS WAL MART. GROCERIES AND  OTHER THINGS.   WATCHED  CITYLINE AND THE GUY WHO COMES ON ABOUT GARDENING, I LIKE HIM, THEY  WERE TALKING ABOUT  CLEANING UP THE GARDEN AND PLANTS AND SAID THAT ANYTHING STILL GREEN  DON'T THROW OUT EVEN IF IT LOOKS DEAD AS THE PLANT IS STILL  MAKING SOMETHING OR OTHER, I DON'T REMEMBER WHAT, WE ARE TALKING ABOUT  BIG PLANTERS OR IN THE GROUND, NOT THE  ONES YOU BUY EACH YR.   WELL LOVE HAVE TO GO  AND GET SOMETHING NUKED TO EAT HA.  HAVE A GOOD NIGHT.  LIZ XXX
sixtyniner