Author Topic: CANADA TO-DAY.  (Read 1580753 times)

urneygirl

Re: CANADA TO-DAY.
« Reply #23400 on: November 18, 2019, 05:12:46 PM »
HI LIZ, I CHECKED IN A COUPLE OF TIMES YESTERDAY AND THERE WASN'T A SINNER ABOUT TO TALK TO  :D

I WROTE MY OVERSEAS CARDS YESTERDAY AND THEY'RE READY FOR POSTING, I EVEN HAD EXTRA STAMPS FROM LAST YEAR SO I'M ON A ROLL :)

FOR CHRISTMAS PRESENTS  I ASK THE GIRLS FOR A LIST OF SUGGESTIONS, KAREN AND HER FAMILY DON'T ASK FOR MUCH,  BUT SARA'S LIST IS THE LENGTH  OF YOUR ARM. ???

I HAVE TO GO OUT FOR AWHILE SO I'LL CHECK BACK LATER   :-**

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #23401 on: November 18, 2019, 05:32:35 PM »
HI LIZ, I CHECKED IN A COUPLE OF TIMES YESTERDAY AND THERE WASN'T A SINNER ABOUT TO TALK TO  :D

I WROTE MY OVERSEAS CARDS YESTERDAY AND THEY'RE READY FOR POSTING, I EVEN HAD EXTRA STAMPS FROM LAST YEAR SO I'M ON A ROLL :)

FOR CHRISTMAS PRESENTS  I ASK THE GIRLS FOR A LIST OF SUGGESTIONS, KAREN AND HER FAMILY DON'T ASK FOR MUCH,  BUT SARA'S LIST IS THE LENGTH  OF YOUR ARM. ???

I HAVE TO GO OUT FOR AWHILE SO I'LL CHECK BACK LATER   :-**
HI RUBY,  WE MUST  COME ON AS THE OTHER ONE IS LEAVING HA.   I KNOW I'M NOT SITTING HERE AS MUCH  BECAUSE OF MY KNEES, SORRY NOT COMPLAINING,   I'VE TAKEN THE BAG WITH ALL THE CARDS  IN IT AND  TRY STARTING BUT HAVE NOT,  I KNOW ONCE I'VE STARTED I'LL BE OK.   I BUY THE ROLL OF STAMPS FROM COSTCO, THEY ARE IN A 100 ROLL,  I'VE BEEN DOING THAT A LONG TIME AND THEY LAST A LONG TIME TOO.  THEY USE TO BE SO MUCH LESS PER STAMP BUT I THINK THAT HAS CAUGHT UP NOW.   IT'S RAINING  SO  HOPE YOU HAVE YOUR WELLIES ON HA.  MY FRIEND SAID   HER AND HUBBY, HER FRIEND AND HER HUBBY ARE GOING DOWN THE STATES  ON TUESDAY BUT IT'S THE GIRLS ONLY GOING WITH THEIR HUSBANDS  WHO ARE LOOKING FOR SOME CAR PARTS  , I KNOW,   I GUESS THEY ARE MAKING IT A DAY OUT HA.  ANYWAY GOOD LUCK WITH THE SHOPPING.    HOPE EVERYONE  ELSE IS KEEPING WELL.   I SEE ONE OF THE APT. ACROSS FROM ME HAS THEIR TREE UP SINCE LAST WK.    LIZ XXXX
sixtyniner

urneygirl

« Reply #23402 on: November 19, 2019, 12:09:43 AM »
HI LIZ, YOU CAN COMPLAIN ALL YOU WANT I KNOW YOU HAVE A LOT OF PAIN. :-* :-*

I MAILED MY CARDS TODAY  AND THE STAMPS I HAD, AND THOUGHT WERE OVERSEAS WERE CANADIAN  :D ::)  THANK GOODNESS I KNEW BEFORE I WENT TO THE POST OFFICE BECAUSE I WOULD HAVE LOOKED LIKE A REAL TWIT :o  IF YOU BUY THE STAMP BOOKS IT'S A BIT CHEAPER, $15 FOR 6 STAMPS, OF COURSE I NEEDED MORE THAN ONE BOOK  ::)

I WAS SURPRISED THERE WERE SO MANY PEOPLE AT THE POST OFFICE IN SHOPPERS, I GUESS EVERYONE WANTS TO GET AHEAD OF THE CHRISTMAS RUSH.
THE RAIN HAS STOPPED AND IT'S A BIT MILDER THAN IT WAS THIS MORNING, BUT TOMORROW ISN'T LOOKING TOO GOOD, SO STAY WARM  :-**

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #23403 on: November 19, 2019, 07:05:49 AM »
HI LIZ, YOU CAN COMPLAIN ALL YOU WANT I KNOW YOU HAVE A LOT OF PAIN. :-* :-*

I MAILED MY CARDS TODAY  AND THE STAMPS I HAD, AND THOUGHT WERE OVERSEAS WERE CANADIAN  :D ::)  THANK GOODNESS I KNEW BEFORE I WENT TO THE POST OFFICE BECAUSE I WOULD HAVE LOOKED LIKE A REAL TWIT :o  IF YOU BUY THE STAMP BOOKS IT'S A BIT CHEAPER, $15 FOR 6 STAMPS, OF COURSE I NEEDED MORE THAN ONE BOOK  ::)

I WAS SURPRISED THERE WERE SO MANY PEOPLE AT THE POST OFFICE IN SHOPPERS, I GUESS EVERYONE WANTS TO GET AHEAD OF THE CHRISTMAS RUSH.
THE RAIN HAS STOPPED AND IT'S A BIT MILDER THAN IT WAS THIS MORNING, BUT TOMORROW ISN'T LOOKING TOO GOOD, SO STAY WARM  :-**
HI RUBY, YOU'RE PROBABLY IN DREAM LAND BY NOW.   WHEN POSTING OVER SEAS I PUT 3 OF OUR STAMPS ON.  I PHONED THE POST OFFICE  ONE TIME AND ASKED THEM HOW MANY TO USE OF THE REGULAR ONES AND HE TOLD ME.   WHEN OUR BRIDIE SENT ME A BIRTHDAY CARD, IT WAS A LARGE ONE,  IT COST HER 7 PDS.  I WAS SHOCKED, BUT GOOD FOR YOU FOR HAVING GOT YOUR CARDS DONE AND SENT.  THUR. AND FRI. ARE SUPPOSED TO BE 10C AND 11C.  THEN DOWN TO 1 AGAIN. OH WELL IT'S COMING  AND WISHING WON'T  GET US ANYWHERE HA.   HAVE A GOOD DAY TOMORROW OR I SHOULD SAY TODAY HA.   LIZ  XXXX
sixtyniner

urneygirl

« Reply #23404 on: November 20, 2019, 12:13:51 AM »
HI LIZ, I'M JUST HAVING A QUICK LOOK BEFORE I GET SETTLED TO WATCH TV, I MISSED DANCING WITH THE STARS LAST NIGHT SO I HAVE TO CATCH UP, I THINK IT  WAS THE FINALE LAST NIGHT  :-\

I HOPE ALL IS WELL WITH YOU, I'LL SEE YOU TOMORROW, NIGHT NIGHT  :-* :-*

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #23405 on: November 20, 2019, 07:48:23 PM »
HI LIZ, I'M JUST HAVING A QUICK LOOK BEFORE I GET SETTLED TO WATCH TV, I MISSED DANCING WITH THE STARS LAST NIGHT SO I HAVE TO CATCH UP, I THINK IT  WAS THE FINALE LAST NIGHT  :-\

I HOPE ALL IS WELL WITH YOU, I'LL SEE YOU TOMORROW, NIGHT NIGHT  :-* :-*
HI RUBY,  SORRY AGAIN, I DON'T WATCH DANCING WITH THE STARS, I THINK IT'S ALL THE MOVING ABOUT THAT PUTS ME OFF. HA.   I DO KNOW A LOT OF  STARS  LIKE TO GO ON IT.   DID I TELL YOU I HAD STARTED WATCHING CORRIE,  I WAS FLIPPING THE CHNS. ONE NIGHT A FEW WKS BACK AND ENDED UP WATCHING IT AND THEN TAPING IT.  I ENDED UP  WATCHING A FEW AND LONG STORY SHORT I HAD TO DELETE THE  REST.  I DID SEE JEMMA  HAVING 4 KIDS, I KNOW IT'S FAR BACK AND YOU WOULD HAVE SEEN THAT.  BUT RIGHT NOW I CAN'T STAND THE STESS OF IT.  A SHOW I WOULD NOT EVEN MISS 5 MINS OF AND NOW  LOOK.   I MIGHT TRY AGAIN DOWN THE RD.    IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE NICE OUT SIDE  AND THE NEXT FEW DAYS  THE TEMPS GOING RIGHT UP THERE, AT LEAST IN BURLINGTON.  HOPE YOU ARE KEEPING WELL.  LIZ XXX
sixtyniner

urneygirl

« Reply #23406 on: November 20, 2019, 09:21:11 PM »
HI LIZ,  :-**

IT'S A BEAUTIFUL DAY WITH THE SUN SHINNING. I WENT FOR LUNCH TODAY WITH A FEW GIRL FRIENDS AND WHEN I GOT HOME BOBBY HAD THE OUTDOOR CHRISTMAS LIGHTS UP, SO WE ARE GOOD TO GO. YOU NEVER KNOW WHEN THE WEATHER WILL CHANGE AND THEN END UP HAVING TO DO IT IN THE FREEZING COLD.

I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN ABOUT CORRIE, SOMETIMES THE STORY LINE IS VERY SILLY, I MOAN ABOUT IT TO MYSELF BUT I STILL WATCH IT  :D

WE'RE GOING TO SEE DOWNTON ABBY TONIGHT, IF I DON'T GO SOON IT WILL BE OUT OF THE THEATERS, I HAVE HEARD DIFFERENT COMMENTS ABOUT IT BUT I WOULD LIKE TO SEE IT FOR MYSELF. HAVE ANY OF YOUR FRIENDS SEEN IT ? 

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #23407 on: November 21, 2019, 08:32:50 AM »
HI LIZ,  :-**

IT'S A BEAUTIFUL DAY WITH THE SUN SHINNING. I WENT FOR LUNCH TODAY WITH A FEW GIRL FRIENDS AND WHEN I GOT HOME BOBBY HAD THE OUTDOOR CHRISTMAS LIGHTS UP, SO WE ARE GOOD TO GO. YOU NEVER KNOW WHEN THE WEATHER WILL CHANGE AND THEN END UP HAVING TO DO IT IN THE FREEZING COLD.

I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN ABOUT CORRIE, SOMETIMES THE STORY LINE IS VERY SILLY, I MOAN ABOUT IT TO MYSELF BUT I STILL WATCH IT  :D

WE'RE GOING TO SEE DOWNTON ABBY TONIGHT, IF I DON'T GO SOON IT WILL BE OUT OF THE THEATERS, I HAVE HEARD DIFFERENT COMMENTS ABOUT IT BUT I WOULD LIKE TO SEE IT FOR MYSELF. HAVE ANY OF YOUR FRIENDS SEEN IT ?
RUBY GOOD ON BOBBY FOR GETTING THE  LIGHTS OUT,  THE NEXT FEW DAYS ARE SUPPOSED TO BE LOVELY.   THE SUN HAS BEEN SHINNING ALL DAY AS WELL.  MY FRIEND  WENT TO SEE DOWNTON ABBY AND SAID IT WAS GOOD AND ENJOYED IT, BUT NO MATTER WHAT I HOPE YOU  ENJOY IT YOURSELF.   RUBY THE  TIME IS REALLY GOING FAST NOW.  ONE OF THE APTN. ACROSS FROM US HAS THEIR LIGHTS  ON THE BALCONY RAILINGS AND IT LOOKS NICE.  I'M SURE OTHERS WILL DO THE SAME  NEAR THE TIME.   ANYWAY LOVE HAVE A GOOD DAY, YEST IT'S ALMOST 4am  AND TIME I WAS GETTING BACK TO BED.   LIZ XXX
sixtyniner

jillyfred

« Reply #23408 on: November 21, 2019, 03:47:51 PM »
Hello to everyone who posts on the Canada Thread!!!

Those of you who are in touch with `home`will be up to date with regards to what is going on over here and on the Mainland-also the weather-so I won`t mention any of that!!!

You all seem to be getting well ahead for Christmas with erecting lights outside and well ahead with your preparations.
Regarding lights outside.I know many folk in Belfast have been doing super outside Christmas Decorations for many years now.Remember going `walk-about`around some streets just to see them-really enjoyable.
However,in general,its not by any stretch of the imagination the same as Canada and the USA.-but one day maybe!
It would be lovely if it were.

My personal news is that our New Yorkers are coming home on Sunday and staying for 6 days.I am longing to see them ,and especially Matilde who was 4 in September, and its a year since I have seen them.

Then our Aussies arrive on December 7  for 10 days then they go over to Yorkshire for their last 10 days which will be over Christmas.
Again I am looking forward to seeing the two Cherubs-Anna who was 2 in August and Daniel who will be 4 in January-again its a year since I last saw them.

My brother and his wife are going over to spend Christmas once again with the New Yorkers so the dog and I are holding the forts!!!

So a lovely end to 2019 God Willing.

Kindest regards to you all-I love reading your Thread.
God Bless.

Jilly xo

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #23409 on: November 21, 2019, 04:47:34 PM »
JILLY IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE A BUSY TIME WITH EVERYONE COMING BUT IT SOUNDS LOVELY HAVING THEM.  I KNOW WHAT IT'S LIKE NOT SEEING THEM AND WHEN YOU DO, WOA THEY HAVE GROWN SO MUCH IN THAT YR. I HOPE THEY HAVE A GREAT TIME AS IT'S  A LONG WAY COMING FROM AUSSIE LAND , LETS HOPE THEY BRING SOME OF THAT HEAT WITH THEM.  HA.  RIGHT NOW WE ARE  HAVING NOT SO NICE WEATHER, COLD AND RAIN , WE HAD LOTS OF SNOW  A FEW WKS AGO   AND THERE  IS STILL LOTS ON THE GROUND  BUT A LOT OF IT HAS BEEN WASHED AWAY WITH THE RAIN OR MELTED, WE CAN'T SAY ANYTHING AS IT'S NOV.   THE REAL WINTER HAS NOT STARTED YET. HA.  ANYWAY  GOOD LUCK WITH EVERYTHING.   LIZ XXX
sixtyniner

urneygirl

« Reply #23410 on: November 21, 2019, 11:54:58 PM »
HI LIZ, JILLY IT'S LOVELY TO SEE YOU DROP IN   *

WE HAVE BEEN OUT MOST OF THE DAY WITH BOBBY'S COUSIN, SHE GOT MORE CHRISTMAS SHOPPING DONE THAN I DID. I'M STILL WAITING FOR GIFT SUGGESTIONS FROM MY FAMILY ::)

JILLY, I'M SURE YOU'RE EXCITED ABOUT THE FAMILY VISITS, IT'S A LOVELY TIME FOR YOU ALL TO MEET UP, ESPECIALLY WITH THE YOUNG CHILDREN  :)

I NOTICED THERE ARE MORE CHRISTMAS LIGHTS UP ON OUR STREET THE LAST COUPLE OF DAYS, THEY WILL PROBIBLY LIGHT THEM AT THE WEEKEND BECAUSE IT'S  THE START OF THE LOCAL SANTA PARADES. IS THE CITY HALL AND THE CHRISTMAS MARKET DECORATED YET ?  IT ALWAYS LOOKS SO NICE :)

LIZ, THE DAY STARTED OFF NICE BUT THEN IT RAINED AND GOT COLD SO WENT FOR LUNCH AND THEN  SPENT MOST OF THE DAY SHOPPING IN THE MALL, I WAS GLAD TO GET HOME. :)

I HOPE YOU BOTH HAVE A COMFY EVENING  :-**

jillyfred

« Reply #23411 on: November 22, 2019, 12:23:46 PM »
Hello Jackie,

I forgot to say how lovely your post was for November 11-you always post such beautiful things to commemorate different occasions.
I hope yourself and Vi are keeping well.

Liz-I hope your well and not in too much pain now the weather is so cold over there.The thing I love about your posts-against all the odds your posts are always filled with news and conveyed with humour.Nothing gets you down.Your still giving me a run for my money in the Games Room Movies Thread!!!

Ruby-I would love to know what Sara`s Christmas List is!!!
More like a book if its true to form!
Take care whatever your up to over there!Tell Bobby I send him my kindest regards.

love
jillyxo

jackiehillis

« Reply #23412 on: November 22, 2019, 05:24:23 PM »
Hello Jackie,

I forgot to say how lovely your post was for November 11-you always post such beautiful things to commemorate different occasions.

Liz-I hope your well and not in too much pain now the weather is so cold over there.The thing I love about your posts-against all the odds your posts are always filled with news and conveyed with humour.Nothingto get over to the old sod  gets you down.Your still giving me a run for my money in the Games Room Movies Thread!!!

Take care whatever your up to over there!Tell Bobby I send him my kindest regards.

love
jillyxo
                    Hi Jilly, thank you. Vi and I are very well. Looking forward to getting over in June. Vi loves Belfast as much as I do. I hopw you are keeping well.   *
"Don't walk in front of me" "I  don't want you to lead " " Don't walk behind me" "I don't want you to follow" " Walk beside me and be my friend "

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #23413 on: November 22, 2019, 07:55:36 PM »
HI LIZ, JILLY IT'S LOVELY TO SEE YOU DROP IN   *

WE HAVE BEEN OUT MOST OF THE DAY WITH BOBBY'S COUSIN, SHE GOT MORE CHRISTMAS SHOPPING DONE THAN I DID. I'M STILL WAITING FOR GIFT SUGGESTIONS FROM MY FAMILY ::)

JILLY, I'M SURE YOU'RE EXCITED ABOUT THE FAMILY VISITS, IT'S A LOVELY TIME FOR YOU ALL TO MEET UP, ESPECIALLY WITH THE YOUNG CHILDREN  :)

I NOTICED THERE ARE MORE CHRISTMAS LIGHTS UP ON OUR STREET THE LAST COUPLE OF DAYS, THEY WILL PROBIBLY LIGHT THEM AT THE WEEKEND BECAUSE IT'S  THE START OF THE LOCAL SANTA PARADES. IS THE CITY HALL AND THE CHRISTMAS MARKET DECORATED YET ?  IT ALWAYS LOOKS SO NICE :)

LIZ, THE DAY STARTED OFF NICE BUT THEN IT RAINED AND GOT COLD SO WENT FOR LUNCH AND THEN  SPENT MOST OF THE DAY SHOPPING IN THE MALL, I WAS GLAD TO GET HOME. :)

I HOPE YOU BOTH HAVE A COMFY EVENING  :-**
HI RUBY, I ALMOST DEACTIVATED MYSELF THERE.  CLICKED ON THE WRONG THING,  LOSER HA. BIG L ON MY FORE HEAD.    IT'S VERY DAMP  AS ONE OF MY FRIENDS WAS COMPLAINING ABOUT YESTERDAY,  MY BONES HAVE BEEN TELLING ME THIS FOR A WHILE HA.  I BET YOUR STREET LOOKS NICE WHEN ALL THE LIGHTS ARE UP.  IT JUST TAKES ONE OR TWO AND THEN EVERYONE  PUTS THEIRS UP.  HOPE YOU HAD A NICE LUNCH.  I'VE BEEN EATING  CABBAGE ROLLS  I BOUGHT, MY HOUSEKEEPING LADY  WAS TELLING ME, SHE IS POLISH, AND THE LADIES IN THE POLISH HALL  WERE MAKING THEM FOR THE CHURCH BAZZAR AND SO SHE PHONED THEM  AND WHILE THE LAUNDRY WAS GOING SHE NIPPED OVER, WE ARE NOT FAR FROM THE HALL,  AND BOUGHT ME 2 DOZ.  HOW NICE CAN ANYONE GET FOR DOING SOMETHING LIKE THAT.  ANYWAY  SHE CAME BACK, PACKED THEM  INTO SANDWICH BAGS AND PUT THEM IN THE FREEZER AND I TAKE THEM OUT PUT A FEW BAGS IN THE FRIDGE TO THAW AND THEN NOOK THEM A FEW MINS.   THIS WAS THE LAST TIME SHE WAS HERE, SHE COMES EVERY TWO  WKS., SHE ASKED ME HOW I LIKED THEM, I ENJOYED THEM BUT  I DID NOT TELL HER THEY WERE NOT WORTH THE MONEY AND HAD NO MEAT IN THEM.  ALSO THEY WERE SMALL, YOU COULD PUT 3 IN ONE SANDWICH BAG.   BUT THE THOUGHT THAT SHE WENT OVER AND GOT THEM  FOR ME WAS PRICELESS.   NOW THAT I HAVE THAT ALL SAID.  PHEW HA.  HOPE THE REST OF YOUR DAY GOES WELL LOVE.  LIZ XXX
sixtyniner

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #23414 on: November 22, 2019, 08:03:53 PM »
Hello Jackie,

Liz-I hope your well and not in too much pain now the weather is so cold over there.The thing I love about your posts-against all the odds your posts are always filled with news and conveyed with humour.Nothing gets you down.Your still giving me a run for my money in the Games Room Movies Thread!!!

love
jillyxo
HI JILLY,  IF YOU WANT  SOMETHING TO READ JUST  READ THE ONE TO RUBY HA.  I START OF SMALL AND THEN  GROW INTO  A BOOK .    NOW AS FOR PAIN,  JUST ASK MY BONES AND THEY WILL TELL YOU.  I TRY NOT TO COMPLAIN AND SAY I'M ALL RIGHT BUT THEY KEEP SHOUTING , DON'T BELIEVE HER HA.   I HOPE YOU ARE KEEPING ALL RIGHT YOURSELF.  I  HEAR YOUR WEATHER IS NOT VERY GOOD EITHER.  MY SISTER  WAS COMPLAINING  AS WELL.   I KEEP SAYING THERE IS NOTHING WE CAN DO ABOUT THE WEATHER BUT WE LIKE TO COMPLAIN, I THINK IF WE COMPLAIN  ENOUGH  THE WEATHER GOD WILL HEAR  US AND DO SOMETHING, HA.  WELL I THINK I'M OF AGAIN FOR A SNACK, I HAD AN EARLY LUNCH.  WINK WINK.   LIZ XXX
sixtyniner