Author Topic: CANADA TO-DAY.  (Read 1580558 times)

SIXTYNINER

Re: CANADA TO-DAY.
« Reply #23430 on: December 02, 2019, 05:30:53 AM »
JILLY I'M SO SORRY  FOR JUST GETTING BACK TO YOU.  I  HAD TO LEAVE  EARLY ON  AND FORGOT I HAD NOT REPLIED.  I JUST LOVE IT WHEN YOU KEEP US INFORMED IT'S LIKE ANOTHER STAGE IN YOUR SAGA HA.  YOU KEEP IT SO INTERESTING.   NEVER BORING SO I  HOPE YOU KEEP  IT COMING.   YOU'RE A GREAT STORY TELLER.   TILL THE NEXT TIME HA.  LIZ XXXX
sixtyniner

urneygirl

« Reply #23431 on: December 03, 2019, 05:04:25 PM »
HI LIZ,

I HOPE ALL IS WELL WITH YOU. WE DID SOME CHRISTMAS SHOPPING YESTERDAY CLOSE TO HOME, WE WERE ABLE TO GET A FEW THINGS OFF SARA'S LIST SO THAT WAS GOOD. JUSTIN HAD A CHOICE IN WHAT WE PICKED FOR HIM, IT'S BETTER THAN HAVING TO TAKE THINGS BACK, PLUS HE WILL PROBABLY FORGET WHAT HE'S GETTING, D :D   HE WILL BE MORE EXCITED WITH HIS GOODIES FROM THE BRITISH STORE, THEY ALL LOVE GETTING A CHRISTMAS STOCKING  :D 

THIS IS A QUICK POST LOVE, I HAVE TO GO OUT SHORTLY, SEE YOU LATER  * 

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #23432 on: December 03, 2019, 05:35:54 PM »
HI LIZ,

I HOPE ALL IS WELL WITH YOU. WE DID SOME CHRISTMAS SHOPPING YESTERDAY CLOSE TO HOME, WE WERE ABLE TO GET A FEW THINGS OFF SARA'S LIST SO THAT WAS GOOD. JUSTIN HAD A CHOICE IN WHAT WE PICKED FOR HIM, IT'S BETTER THAN HAVING TO TAKE THINGS BACK, PLUS HE WILL PROBABLY FORGET WHAT HE'S GETTING, D :D   HE WILL BE MORE EXCITED WITH HIS GOODIES FROM THE BRITISH STORE, THEY ALL LOVE GETTING A CHRISTMAS STOCKING  :D 

THIS IS A QUICK POST LOVE, I HAVE TO GO OUT SHORTLY, SEE YOU LATER  *
OH RUBY,  IT'S SO GOOD  WHEN YOU  HAVE  THINGS  YOU KNOW THEY WANT AND EVEN BETTER  THAT HE FORGETS  MOST OF WHAT HE PICKED HA.  THAT USE TO BE  THE SAME AS US , GETTING A SELECTION BOX AND SEEING WHAT WAS IN IT.  I REMEMBER GETTING  A TIN WITH  "LITTLE LORD FONTEROY" IN IT, NOT SURE IF THAT IS SPELT RIGHT.  TIN WOULD BE WORTH A FORTUNE BY NOW HA.  I STARTED GIVING THE KIDS  CHRISTMAS STOCKINGS AS WELL AS PRESENTS TILL FILLING THE STOCKINGS  BECAUSE  AS EXPENSIVE AS THE PRESENTS, AS THEY GREW OLDER  YOU COULD NOT JUST PUT LITTLE THINGS IN ANYMORE HA.   ANYWAY I HOPE YOU HAVE A GOOD DAY OUT SO BE SAFE .  MY DAUGHTER SENT ME A PHOTO OF TWO STROKES HER CAT, SHE HAD TO PUT HIM DOWN ,  SHE HAD TO DO THE SAME WITH HIS BROTHER A FEW YRS AGO.   SHE HAD THEM FROM WHEN THEY WERE ABOUT 6 WKS OLD.  I WAS VERY   SAD TO  HEAR THAT, I USE TO BABYSIT THEM WHEN THEY WENT ON HOLIDAY,  I WOULD STAY ALL DAY TO KEEP THEM COMPANY, I KNOW,  LIZ XXXXXX
sixtyniner

jillyfred

« Reply #23433 on: December 05, 2019, 01:38:27 PM »
Hello To Everyone,

Liz-never worry yourself-I have trouble at times keeping up with all the Boards on the Forum!!!In certain sections they move fast!!!The easiest one is the Games Room-well except as I am always telling you-The Movie one-you are the Star Player on that thread!!When I see I am following you  its a hard job trying to name a Movie on your last letter!!!
==
Ruby -great you and Bobby got young Justin sorted out-and Sara has made a FEW suggestions!You say Karen has a different approach-ah-but then she`s not a `single`!!!Expect she is more concentrating on her list for others!
Sara I can understand-like I was-Mum and Dad are still `like home`away from home`!
Every Christmas my present to them was to send them 4 Menus to cover Christmas at my place.They presented themselves on those four days for a slap up meal-and I had asked friends in for drinks beforehand to give them a bit of crack.
During December I arrived home from work to boxes on the kitchen table-Dad had been shopping in Supermac and had bought a lot of stuff -all really special Christmas things.So really all I had to do was cook or present `the bits`on dishes to serve with drinks!!
When I lived in Cullybackey they came up from Carryduff once a month.Dad opened the car boot and brought in box after box of practical as well as some `gourmet`treats.I never bought coffee-which I drink constantly-until my Dad died in 1984.Never bought any household staples either.
My Dad was a real family man.He along with my Mother worked in the Mills from the age of 14.He lost his two index fingers of his right hand in a machine someone turned on who should not have done so-at 18 years of age-he was off work for 9 months and his compensation was £150.During the 1930`s the `dole`was not worth the candle.
He persevered and still wrote with that hand.
They met at 17,married at 21 and I was born when they were married two years-1945.During the time he worked in the Mills he went to Belfast Tech at nights and got his Certificates in Textile Technology.To cut a long story short he ran two Cotton Spinning and Doubling Mills eventually.The one he ran during the 1950`s early 1960`s here-while they were closing down all over Lancashire.He ran it 24/7.and was hands on-appearing at all the shifts.
Every Saturday morning he took me with him from I was 4 to the Mill.As he walked around he would speak to the girls on the frames.He would turn to me and say-`say Good Morning to Miss/Mrs....`.The other memory I have in this vein is when I was walking up the street with him.Men wore hats then and always lifted them to a lady.We would meet a lady and gentleman and they would say hello to me-and I would chirp `hello`back.After we had passed Dad would say to me`what is the name of those people`,I would say their name-and he would say `well you address them properly in future`!
He and my Mother gave my brother and myself `a massive leg-up`and when I think back over those years it was at a great cost and sacrifice to their own lives.We went on and with their standards went a bit further up the ladder.We in turn have done the same for his two,who are Stars we are proud of,and in turn they are repeating it by working hard in very competitive and foreign locations and giving  further leg up to their as yet tiny children.
===
This post of course is a very sentimental one-because at this time of year there are two empty chairs and that is always with me-more so at Christmas and New Year-and probably because whilst I have had many good relationships and a good life,I have never wanted to be `tied down`-no live in partners-just was not for me-career was everything and I have no regrets.
==
Part of the reason I have made this post is in a way to say how I feel about our N.I. working class people.This includes all of you who bravely went off to Canada with no backup,no idea what lay ahead.Yet you had one thing in your favour-the N.I.backbone and work ethic and you all went on to make it over there.
Over the years we have got a very bad press in N.I.-but the one thing they never realised is our people for the most part are the salt of the earth.
==
jilly

urneygirl

« Reply #23434 on: December 05, 2019, 04:59:20 PM »
HI JILLY THAT IS A LOVELY INTERESTING POST, THANK YOU.  :-*

WHERE WE LIVED, BETWEEN THE SHANKILL AND THE FALLS WE WERE SURROUNDED BY MILLS AND MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS ALL WORKED IN THEM WHEN THEY LEFT SCHOOL. MY MOTHER STARTED WORK AT 11YR OLD, ONE DAY IN THE MILL AND NEXT DAY AT SCHOOL.
MY FATHER WAS THE ONLY BOY IN HIS FAMILY AND WAS EDUCATED. I THINK HE HAD 4 SISTERS AND 3 OF THEM LEFT FOR ENGLAND DURING THE WAR OR AT THE END OF IT, WE GREW UP KNOWING AUNT SARAH HIS SISTER WHO STAYED IN BELFAST.

MY MOTHER PASSED AWAY WHEN I WAS 14, SHE ALWAYS HAD BRONCHITIS AND ASTHMA LIKE A LOT OF OUR OLDER NEIGHBOURS, MY FATHER JOINED HER 3 YEARS LATER.

MY SISTER WHO IS 2YRS OLDER THAN ME WAITED UNTI I GOT MARRIED AND THEN SHE CAME TO CANADA, BOBBY AND I FOLLOWED 8 MONTHS LATER, SO THE THREE OF US STRUGGLED TOGETHER  :D   IT TOOK A COUPLE OF YEARS TO REALLY SETTLE AND ADJUST TO A DIFFERENT WAY OF LIFE. 

JILLY, I'M NOT TRYING TO STEAL YOUR THUNDER   :D  YOUR POST JUST GOT ME ON A ROLL  :D * BY THE WAY I WAS ALSO BORN 1945.

NOW MISS LIZ, IT'S YOUR TURN :D

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #23435 on: December 06, 2019, 04:07:17 AM »
JILLY,  I LOVE COMING ON AND SEEING YOUR POST,  I LOVE IT.  YOU CAN SOME HOW CONDENSE  A WHOLE  STORY  DOWN AND MAKE YOU WANTING MORE.    YOU SOUND LIKE YOU HAD GREAT PARENTS WHO TAUGHT YOU TO RESPECT PEOPLE AND LOTS MORE SO I HOPE YOU HAVE THE TIME  TO TELL US MORE  , WHEN YOU HAVE THE TIME I MEAN.  I HOPE CHRISTMAS WON'T BE TOO SAD FOR YOU.    IT'S ONLY ROUND THE CORNER NOW.   I'M SURE YOU ARE IN DREAM LAND NOW HA.   NIGHT NIGHT.  LIZ XXXXX
sixtyniner

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #23436 on: December 06, 2019, 04:18:11 AM »
HI JILLY THAT IS A LOVELY INTERESTING POST, THANK YOU.  :-*

WHERE WE LIVED, BETWEEN THE SHANKILL AND THE FALLS WE WERE SURROUNDED BY MILLS AND MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS ALL WORKED IN THEM WHEN THEY LEFT SCHOOL. MY MOTHER STARTED WORK AT 11YR OLD, ONE DAY IN THE MILL AND NEXT DAY AT SCHOOL.
MY FATHER WAS THE ONLY BOY IN HIS FAMILY AND WAS EDUCATED. I THINK HE HAD 4 SISTERS AND 3 OF THEM LEFT FOR ENGLAND DURING THE WAR OR AT THE END OF IT, WE GREW UP KNOWING AUNT SARAH HIS SISTER WHO STAYED IN BELFAST.

MY MOTHER PASSED AWAY WHEN I WAS 14, SHE ALWAYS HAD BRONCHITIS AND ASTHMA LIKE A LOT OF OUR OLDER NEIGHBOURS, MY FATHER JOINED HER 3 YEARS LATER.

MY SISTER WHO IS 2YRS OLDER THAN ME WAITED UNTI I GOT MARRIED AND THEN SHE CAME TO CANADA, BOBBY AND I FOLLOWED 8 MONTHS LATER, SO THE THREE OF US STRUGGLED TOGETHER  :D   IT TOOK A COUPLE OF YEARS TO REALLY SETTLE AND ADJUST TO A DIFFERENT WAY OF LIFE. 

JILLY, I'M NOT TRYING TO STEAL YOUR THUNDER   :D  YOUR POST JUST GOT ME ON A ROLL  :D * BY THE WAY I WAS ALSO BORN 1945.

NOW MISS LIZ, IT'S YOUR TURN :D
OH RUBY, HOW COULD I FOLLOW  JILLY AND YOUR STORIES.   I JUST LOVE THEM.  MY AUNT PEGGY , MOM'S SISTER,  WORKED IN GALLEGERS? , THE  CIGERETTE FACTORY, THAT WAS  THE ONLY ONE I CAN REMEMBER,  MY MOM WORKED IN A PLACE WHERE THEY SORTED STUFF AND SHE USE TO BRING HOME BOOKS WHEN WE LOVED TO READ AND LOTS OF OTHER LITTLE THINGS.  NOTHING I CAN REMEMBER AT THE MOMENT HA.  CAN COMPARE TO YOU AND JILLY HA.  ONE WEE THING, THE OTHER NIGHT I  KNOCKED OVER A FULL CONTAINER OF FROZEN CHOC. YOGURT,  F. YOGURT  MELTS QUICKLY BUT TG IT WAS STILL SOLID IN THE MIDDLE.  IT FELL UPSIDE DOWN BUT LONG AND SHORT I MANAGED  TO GET IT ALL CLEANED UP AND SAT AT THE EDGE OF THE BED SPRAYING AND RUBBING HA.  ANYWAY IT'S MUCH BETTER THAT IT WAS.  MY HOUSECLEANING LADY CAME TODAY AND DID SOME SCRUBING TOO.  MY FRIEND CAME OVER  AND SHE DID SOME SCRUBING AS WELL.  HA HA.  THAT'S IF FOR NOW.   IT'S SO MUCH  BETTER.  LIZ XXXX
sixtyniner

jillyfred

« Reply #23437 on: December 06, 2019, 01:23:28 PM »
Ruby that was very very hard on you and your siblings to lose your parents so young.
Your Mummy to be in the Mill from 11-poor little child-thank the Lord those days have long gone.

My Father was born in Beresford Street on the Shankill.His Father died when he was 11 and his Mother was left with 4 children at 28.She worked all her life-for a long time in the Mistletoe Café at the bottom of High Street at the Clock.

My Mother and her 3 sisters were born in Rowan Street,off York Street.Her Father was ill all her life and her Mother worked in the kitchens of the Grand Central Hotel -sometimes until 4 am and then had to walk home.In later years she went out in the evenings to clean offices.

I am sure Ruby like myself you are very proud of where you come from and of all your family members-and you have told your girls all about that history.I have told Ben and Jill from an early age of ours and both of them have great pride in that.
I think many of the problems in this World today are caused by too many thinking the World owes them a living-they have been lifted and laid by bad parenting and have no respect for anyone or anything.

You say you also were born in 1945!I give thanks that was the year I was born!The 40`s and 50`s may have been `lean` years in many ways-but they were good years with very high standards taught which armed us for life ahead.

We all have `stories`to tell Ruby-and it is really good to share them with likeminded people.

Take care,God Bless.

jilly

jillyfred

« Reply #23438 on: December 06, 2019, 02:18:43 PM »
Hello Liz,
We all have a story-and yours is just as good as anyone`s.
All born into very similar homes around the same era.Most of us with parents who had very hard lives which many could never visualise today just how hard those lives were.
Wee kitchen houses you could not swing a cat in-never mind housing a family.
Outside Toilets and Tin Baths!!!
So Liz do -if you feel like it-tell us any things you remember from your days in Belfast.
==
Regarding the `yoghurt incident`!!!I can just visualise it!
Does anyone remember in the `80`s there was this makeup-like a powder -tan-you brushed on lightly on your cheeks-a box of it cost £12.A fortune but it would last you for yonks!
Well one weekend I had Ben and Jill staying with me when I lived in the Spa.
He was 4 and she was 2.
This was sitting on my Dressing Table.Things had got very quiet in the house so I went to check on them.Ben was sitting in the sitting room playing with his Lego.No sign of `yer woman`!
Went upstairs and there Madam was with this box of tan powder not only covered in it herself but the rest of it over the white carpet!
I looked at her and she looked at me-and in a very small voice she said-it fell down!!
Whilst I was thinking-Lord £12 quid gone-the carpet will take some effort and may not recover-those eyes and the wee face got me!The bottom lip started to tremble and I could see tears were about to start expecting a telling off-so I just said `what a naughty box to fall down like that`!!!
I never did get another box of that stuff!!
One of the biggest pleasures of my life is having had those two in my life from their births-having had them to stay with me and have their own rooms in my place.
I don`t have `Skype`and do not want to have it.I email them `letters`giving them all the local news etc and they reciprocate.
I enjoy your posts Liz as you tell us all that is going on in your building,about your shopping,about your friends,about how you are feeling-good or bad.
A lot of other wee things you have noticed looking out your window.
In other words Liz-you are telling us a `Story`.
There are not a lot of us left on the Belfast Forum compared to years ago-so to my mind those who do post-even though we may not always agree with them-its good to keep the Forum alive for those of us who remember the days when it was `hiving `before Facebook!
Facebook and Twitter I know nothing about and am quite content to leave it like that!
The Forum is good enough for me!
Take care Liz and God Bless you and yours.

jilly

urneygirl

« Reply #23439 on: December 06, 2019, 05:20:04 PM »
GOOD MORNING ALL, WE WOKE UP TO SNOW THIS MORNING AND IT LOOKS LOVELY. :)

LIZ,  I HOPE YOU CAN GET THE STAIN OUT, SOME STAINS ARE HARD TO GET OUT HOPEFULLY YOUR FRIEND WILL HAVE A GOOD STAIN REMOVER. ;)

THE SNOW HAS STOPPED SO WE'RE GOING OUT TO PICK UP A FEW THINGS BEFORE IT STARTS UP AGAIN.  DID YOU GET THE YOUR GROCERY LIST DELIVERED ?

WE'RE GOING TO JACKIE'S FB CHRISTMAS MEET TOMORROW NIGHT AT THE "GOLDEN GOOSE" USED TO BE OUR " BELFAST LOUNGE " SO I HOPE THE WEATHER IS GOOD FOR US.  WE HAD SOME GREAT MEETS THERE DIDN'T WE  :) WELL LOVE I HAVE TO GET MOVING SO I'LL CHECK BACK LATER  :-* :-*

TO ALL OUR WEE CHUMS NEAR AND FAR, I HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND  :-** :-*

urneygirl

« Reply #23440 on: December 06, 2019, 09:51:16 PM »
GOOD MORNING ALL, WE WOKE UP TO SNOW THIS MORNING AND IT LOOKS LOVELY. :)

LIZ,  I HOPE YOU CAN GET THE STAIN OUT, SOME STAINS ARE HARD TO GET OUT HOPEFULLY YOUR FRIEND WILL HAVE A GOOD STAIN REMOVER. ;)

THE SNOW HAS STOPPED SO WE'RE GOING OUT TO PICK UP A FEW THINGS BEFORE IT STARTS UP AGAIN.  DID YOU GET THE YOUR GROCERY LIST DELIVERED ?

WE'RE GOING TO JACKIE'S FB CHRISTMAS MEET TOMORROW NIGHT AT THE "GREEN GOOSE" USED TO BE OUR " BELFAST LOUNGE " SO I HOPE THE WEATHER IS GOOD FOR US.  WE HAD SOME GREAT MEETS THERE DIDN'T WE  :) WELL LOVE I HAVE TO GET MOVING SO I'LL CHECK BACK LATER  :-* :-*

TO ALL OUR WEE CHUMS NEAR AND FAR, I HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND  :-** :-*

urneygirl

« Reply #23441 on: December 06, 2019, 10:04:57 PM »
HI LIZ, I TRIED TO CORRECT "GOLDEN GOOSE' TO ''GREEN GOOSE" THE NAME OF THE RESTAURANT AND ENDED UP WITH 2 POSTS. ::) ::)

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #23442 on: December 07, 2019, 09:19:47 PM »
JILLY  AND RUBY, I AM A 1945er AS WELL HA. OCT.    WE LIVED WITH MY GRANNY  IN A WEE ST. CALLED "KING'S COURT" AND THAT WAS   OF "GREAT GEORGE'S ST"  OF YORK ST.   I'VE TOLD THIS MANY TIMES BEFORE.  WE LIVED UPSTAIRS IN THE FRONT ROOM, MY AUNT AND FAMILY LIVED IN THE BACK  ROOM AND MY GRANNY AND FAMILY LIVED DOWN STAIRS.  IT WAS JUST THE WAY IT WAS.   NOW PEOPLE MOVE TO HAVE MORE "ROOM".  LORD  THEY DON'T KNOW HOW LUCKY THEY ARE AND I SAY GOOD LUCK  AS IN THIS DAY AND AGE  EACH GENERATION  MAKES PROGRESS TO MAKE BETTER  LIVES THAN THEIR PARENTS.   I REALLY ENCOURAGE  PEOPLE  ON ANOTHER THREAD TO TELL US THEIR STORIES,  THEY THINK THEY DON'T HAVE ANYTHING TO TELL BUT  WE HAVE JUST PROVED THEY DO.   WHAT KIND OF GAMES WE PLAYED, WEE SHOPS,  RING A ROSY, HOP SCOTCH,  SPINNING TOP, MY LORD  ALL SIMPLE GAMES  AND WE SPENT MOST OF THE TIME OUTSIDE.  ONE TIME I WAS PUT INSIDE A TIRE AND ROLLED DOWN THE ST.  HA.    THANK YOU GUYS FOR THE ADVICE ON THE YOGURT STAIN,  IT'S ALMOST GONE NOW WITH ALL THE SCRUBBING. HA.   ONE OF MY FRIEND'S DAUGHTER WAS DOING A SANTA CLAUSE  RUN THIS MORNING.  SHE DOES IT EVERY YR. SO MY FRIEND TOOK HER G.DAUGHTER DOWN TOWN TO SEE HER MOM RUN HA , THIS WAS AT 8:30 AM  SHE SAID IT WAS COLD . BUT TG. IT DID NOT SNOW.  RUBY  AT LEAST YOU DID NOT LOOSE YOUR POST. HA.  I HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT TIME AT THE "MEET".  SAY HI TO JACKIE AND VI.  I'M SURE THEY CAN'T WAIT TO GET PACKING.   TO ALL OUR OTHER FRIENDS,  HAVE A GREAT WKEND.  LIZ  XXXX
sixtyniner

MargaretS

« Reply #23443 on: December 07, 2019, 09:43:12 PM »
JILLY  AND RUBY, I AM A 1945er AS WELL HA. OCT.    WE LIVED WITH MY GRANNY  IN A WEE ST. CALLED "KING'S COURT" AND THAT WAS   OF "GREAT GEORGE'S ST"  OF YORK ST.   I'VE TOLD THIS MANY TIMES BEFORE.  WE LIVED UPSTAIRS IN THE FRONT ROOM, MY AUNT AND FAMILY LIVED IN THE BACK  ROOM AND MY GRANNY AND FAMILY LIVED DOWN STAIRS.  IT WAS JUST THE WAY IT WAS.   NOW PEOPLE MOVE TO HAVE MORE "ROOM".  LORD  THEY DON'T KNOW HOW LUCKY THEY ARE AND I SAY GOOD LUCK  AS IN THIS DAY AND AGE  EACH GENERATION  MAKES PROGRESS TO MAKE BETTER  LIVES THAN THEIR PARENTS.   I REALLY ENCOURAGE  PEOPLE  ON ANOTHER THREAD TO TELL US THEIR STORIES,  THEY THINK THEY DON'T HAVE ANYTHING TO TELL BUT  WE HAVE JUST PROVED THEY DO.   WHAT KIND OF GAMES WE PLAYED, WEE SHOPS,  RING A ROSY, HOP SCOTCH,  SPINNING TOP, MY LORD  ALL SIMPLE GAMES  AND WE SPENT MOST OF THE TIME OUTSIDE.  ONE TIME I WAS PUT INSIDE A TIRE AND ROLLED DOWN THE ST.  HA.    THANK YOU GUYS FOR THE ADVICE ON THE YOGURT STAIN,  IT'S ALMOST GONE NOW WITH ALL THE SCRUBBING. HA.   ONE OF MY FRIEND'S DAUGHTER WAS DOING A SANTA CLAUSE  RUN THIS MORNING.  SHE DOES IT EVERY YR. SO MY FRIEND TOOK HER G.DAUGHTER DOWN TOWN TO SEE HER MOM RUN HA , THIS WAS AT 8:30 AM  SHE SAID IT WAS COLD . BUT TG. IT DID NOT SNOW.  RUBY  AT LEAST YOU DID NOT LOOSE YOUR POST. HA.  I HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT TIME AT THE "MEET".  SAY HI TO JACKIE AND VI.  I'M SURE THEY CAN'T WAIT TO GET PACKING.   TO ALL OUR OTHER FRIENDS,  HAVE A GREAT WKEND.  LIZ  XXXX

Sixtynine
I passed where kings court used to be last week
It's all new houses round there  now
Lancaster st Thomas st. Portland st. Emily place
The rocktown bar  has opened again in the last couple of weeks
After been closed for a few years so I've been told
The car park of the bar was where kings court stood at one time
The crimes of the B specials the R U C the U D R and the British ARMY should never be forgotten   justice for all
no matter how long it takes

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #23444 on: December 08, 2019, 09:37:26 AM »
Sixtynine
I passed where kings court used to be last week
It's all new houses round there  now
Lancaster st Thomas st. Portland st. Emily place
The rocktown bar  has opened again in the last couple of weeks
After been closed for a few years so I've been told
The car park of the bar was where kings court stood at one time
MARGARET,  YOU'RE THE FIRST PERSON IN ALL THESE YRS. TO  EVEN KNOW  KING'S COURT.   THEY MIGHT HAVE KNOWN  STS OF IT OR AROUND IT BUT NOT THE ST. IT'S SELF.  I REMEMBER  WE  HAD  MOVED UP TO LIVE WITH MY DADDY'S MOM ON THE GLEN RD.  BUT MY AUNT PEGGY AND MY COUSIN  MOVED INTO THE NEW FLATS THEY HAD BUILD AND THEN THE ST. WAS  TORN UP.   I WOULD LOVE TO SEE A PHOTO OF IT WHEN WE LIVED THERE .  I RECOGNISED  SOME OF THOSE STS. BUT IT'S BEEN SO LONG.  THANK YOU FOR LETTING ME KNOW .  LIZ XXXXX
sixtyniner