Author Topic: CANADA TO-DAY.  (Read 1587404 times)

urneygirl

Re: CANADA TO-DAY.
« Reply #23445 on: December 08, 2019, 11:37:28 PM »
HI LIZ, WE HAD LOVELY TIME AT THE MEET, EVERYONE IS SO FRIENDLY, MOST OF THEM USED TO COME TO OUR MEETS.

IT'S GREAT THAT MARGARET WAS ABLE TO GIVE YOU SOME INFO ON YOUR OLD STREET, THERE IS ALWAYS SOMEONE ON THE FORUM WILLING TO HELP. O0

YOU GAVE ME A LAUGH ABOUT GETTING ROLLED DOWN THE STREET IN A TIRE :D WE COULD STAY OUTSIDE ALL DAY PLAYING GAMES OR SWINGING ON THE LAMP. BETWEEN YOU, JILLY AND MYSELF 1945 WAS A GOOD YEAR :D

THIS WAS A QUICK LOOK IN, MY TUMMY IS TELLING ME IT'S DINNER TIME, SEE YOU LATER   *

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #23446 on: December 09, 2019, 05:20:36 PM »
HI LIZ, WE HAD LOVELY TIME AT THE MEET, EVERYONE IS SO FRIENDLY, MOST OF THEM USED TO COME TO OUR MEETS.

IT'S GREAT THAT MARGARET WAS ABLE TO GIVE YOU SOME INFO ON YOUR OLD STREET, THERE IS ALWAYS SOMEONE ON THE FORUM WILLING TO HELP. O0

YOU GAVE ME A LAUGH ABOUT GETTING ROLLED DOWN THE STREET IN A TIRE :D WE COULD STAY OUTSIDE ALL DAY PLAYING GAMES OR SWINGING ON THE LAMP. BETWEEN YOU, JILLY AND MYSELF 1945 WAS A GOOD YEAR :D

THIS WAS A QUICK LOOK IN, MY TUMMY IS TELLING ME IT'S DINNER TIME, SEE YOU LATER   *
RUBY,   I'M GLAD YOUSE HAD A NICE TIME AND YOU REMEMBER  THE PEOPLE FROM  OUR MEETS.    HAS THE INSIDES CHANGED FROM OUR MEETS, WHERE YOU SAT ALONG THE LONG  BENCH AGAINST THE WALL, ARE THERE MANY PEOPLE GO TO IT.   IT MUST HAVE  BEEN A BIG TIRE AND I MUST HAVE BEEN VERY LITTLE  TO  GET INSIDE ONE.  THE STRANGE THING IS , SOMETIMES I THINK I CAN REMEMBER  WHAT IT WAS LIKE?.   COULD YOU IMAGINE  LETTING YOUR KID DO THAT TODAY, YOU'D HAVE A FIT HA.   THE LAMP WAS ANOTHER ONE,  GETTING PUSHED  AND NEARLY ENDING UP  GETTING A SPLIT HEAD HA.   YOU'RE RIGHT,  1945 MUST HAVE HAD SOMETHING IN THE WATER.  ANYWAY I SEE THE GRASS OUTSIDE IS GETTING A GOOD WATERING.    HOPE THE REST OF YOUR DAY GOES WELL.   TAKE CARE.  LIZ  XXXXXXXXXXX
sixtyniner

James James

« Reply #23447 on: December 10, 2019, 07:06:13 PM »
http://www.belfasthistory.org/belfast-street-games/

"BELFAST STREET GAMES AND RHYMES"               https://youtu.be/dp5EyR015Mw

James James

« Reply #23448 on: December 10, 2019, 07:12:52 PM »
A TINY STORY FROM ,... "I AM BELFAST",...AND BETTY GETS HER BELFAST SHOPPING BACK.

https://youtu.be/9DwPZM4dmb4

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #23449 on: December 11, 2019, 04:57:09 PM »
JUST A WEE  UPDATE . WENT TO THE CHRISTMAS DINNER LAST NIGHT AND IT WAS VERY GOOD.  THE FOOD WAS LOVELY AND IT WAS HOT HA.   COULD HAVE HAD SECONDS  IF YOU WANTED BUT I WAS FULL AND THEN WE HAD PIE, I HAD PUNMPKIN WITH CREAM BUT COULD NOT FINISH IT.    WE HAD A SING A LONG AND THE NIGHT WENT IN FAST AND  TIME FOR THE NEXT SITTING HA.   WAS GLAD TO GET HOME AND  GET MY LEGS UP.    I WAS SUPPOSED TO GO FOR  COFFEE THIS MORNING BUT MY KNEES WERE KILLING ME SO THAT WAS OUT, THEY KNEW  I MIGHT OR MIGHT NOT GO.   I'VE STARTED WATCHING MY HARRY POTTER MOVIES AGAIN, I'M NOW ON TO THE 4TH ONE.  JUST THOUGHT I WOULD THROW THAT IN .  HAVE A GOOD DAY EVERYONE.  LIZ  XXXX
sixtyniner

urneygirl

« Reply #23450 on: December 12, 2019, 08:48:00 PM »
HI James, thanks for the videos, I remember seeing the one of the women talking about the street games and " I Am Belfast "  I have a peery & whip that my sister  brought to Canada years ago, but it could never beat the ones we used. :D  I loved the videos of Belfast, I hoped to see someone I knew because there were so many people shopping. :) Thanks again :-* :-*

urneygirl

« Reply #23451 on: December 12, 2019, 09:18:47 PM »
HI LIZ, I'M GLAD YOU GOT TO GO TO THE CHRISTMAS DINNER AND ENJOYED IT. WE HAD A NICE COUPLE OF DAYS IN NIAGARA FALLS, BUT WE GOT VERY HEAVY SNOW BEFORE WE LEFT, IT DIDN'T STOP UNTIL WE GOT CLOSE TO BURLINGTON, AND YOU DIDN'T HAVE A DROP OF SNOW ::)

I STILL  HAVE A FEW THINGS TO CHRISTMAS  WRAP AND I'M GOING TO DO IT TODAY TO MAKE SURE I HAVEN'T LEFT ANYONE OUT. NEXT WEEK WILL FLY IN SO I'LL SEE YOU LATER LOVE  :-* :-*

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #23452 on: December 13, 2019, 03:44:13 AM »
HI LIZ, I'M GLAD YOU GOT TO GO TO THE CHRISTMAS DINNER AND ENJOYED IT. WE HAD A NICE COUPLE OF DAYS IN NIAGARA FALLS, BUT WE GOT VERY HEAVY SNOW BEFORE WE LEFT, IT DIDN'T STOP UNTIL WE GOT CLOSE TO BURLINGTON, AND YOU DIDN'T HAVE A DROP OF SNOW ::)

I STILL  HAVE A FEW THINGS TO CHRISTMAS  WRAP AND I'M GOING TO DO IT TODAY TO MAKE SURE I HAVEN'T LEFT ANYONE OUT. NEXT WEEK WILL FLY IN SO I'LL SEE YOU LATER LOVE  :-* :-*
HI RUBY, GLAD YOU HAD A NICE FEW DAYS TO YOURSELVES AND  THAT YOU  LEFT ALL THAT SNOW BEHIND HA.   NOW THAT YOU'RE RESTED YOU CAN FINISH  WRAPPING  YOU'LL BE WAY AHEAD OF THE GAME.   WE'VE HAD SNOW FLAKES FALLING  BUT NOTHING  TOO BAD.   I'M GLAD I WENT TO THE CHRISTMAS PARTY  AND HAD A NICE MEAL. EVERYONE SEEMED TO BE HAVING A NICE TIME TOO.    IT'S BEEN  VERY COLD AND I EVEN TURNED MY HEAT UP AGAIN.   OH WELL.  HAVE A  GOOD NIGHT LOVE AND WE'LL TALK AGAIN.  LIZ   XXXX   
sixtyniner

scotland

« Reply #23453 on: December 14, 2019, 01:58:39 AM »
To all friends in Canada Merry Christmas Love Health ,Happiness be with you and All Best Wishes for 2020  are winging their way to everyone ,I will raise a toast to you on Hogmanay  Cheers Mandy😀😀

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #23454 on: December 14, 2019, 04:00:33 PM »
To all friends in Canada Merry Christmas Love Health ,Happiness be with you and All Best Wishes for 2020  are winging their way to everyone ,I will raise a toast to you on Hogmanay  Cheers Mandy😀😀
MANDY LOVE THE SAME HERE.   YOU GET TO CELEBRATE TWICE, CHRISTMAS AND THEN HOGMANAY HA.   DON'T BE OVER DOING IT.  THE BEST WISHES TO YOU AND ALL YOUR FAMILY.  LIZ  XXXXXXX
sixtyniner

James James

« Reply #23455 on: December 14, 2019, 04:37:49 PM »
To all friends in Canada Merry Christmas Love Health ,Happiness be with you and All Best Wishes for 2020  are winging their way to everyone ,I will raise a toast to you on Hogmanay Cheers Mandy😀😀

https://www.newyearsevelive.net/cities/belfast.html

https://www.newyearsevelive.net/canada.html

https://www.bangorni.com/traditional-scottish-food-and-drink/

urneygirl

« Reply #23456 on: December 14, 2019, 06:46:39 PM »
HI GIRLS, THIS IS  JUST A QUICK LOOK IN

MANDY IT'S LOVELY TO SEE YOU DROP IN, ARE YOU GETTING SOME TIME OFF WORK OVER CHRISTMAS ?  :-*

LIZ, I'M GOING TO A CHRISTMAS COOKIE EXCHANGE TOMORROW AND I HAVE TO START BAKING MY  "FLORENCE CAKES" SOME CALL THEM "GERMAN CAKES".

WISH ME LUCK AND I'LL LET YOU KNOW HOW THEY TURN OUT. :-* :-*   

James James

« Reply #23457 on: December 14, 2019, 11:03:28 PM »

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #23458 on: December 15, 2019, 04:21:21 PM »
HI GIRLS, THIS IS  JUST A QUICK LOOK IN

MANDY IT'S LOVELY TO SEE YOU DROP IN, ARE YOU GETTING SOME TIME OFF WORK OVER CHRISTMAS ?  :-*

LIZ, I'M GOING TO A CHRISTMAS COOKIE EXCHANGE TOMORROW AND I HAVE TO START BAKING MY  "FLORENCE CAKES" SOME CALL THEM "GERMAN CAKES".

WISH ME LUCK AND I'LL LET YOU KNOW HOW THEY TURN OUT. :-* :-*
HI RUBY, SORRY LOVE I'VE JUST COME ON SO I HOPE YOU GOT ALL YOUR COOKIES  DONE  AND YOU'RE OF TO YOUR COOKIE EXCHANGE.  MINE NEVER LASTED  LONG ENOUGH TO GO INTO THE FREEZER,  HA.  THEN SOME OLD FRIENDS INVITED ME TO A "COOKIE EXCHANGE"  ONE CHRISTMAS  AND IT JUST WENT ON FROM THERE.  IT SOON  WAS JUST A GET TOGETHER  , FOR ME ONCE A YR. SOME OF THE OTHERS WERE FRIENDS WHO SAW  EACH OTHER ALL YR.  THEN THE KNEES  WOULD NOT LET ME CLIMB STAIRS ETC AND I HAD TO STOP. THEY STILL SENT ME A PHOTO OF THEMSELVES.  THEY WERE REALLY NICE  PEOPLE.   I KNEW THEM FROM THE LA LECHE WHEN OUR CHILDREN WERE BABIES.  OH WELL  NOW OUR BABIES HAVE BABIES HA.   I'M FINDING IT COLD, HOW ABOUT YOU.    ARE YOU ALL FINISHED  YET.   WELL ANYWAY I HOPE YOU HAVE A NICE TIME THIS AFTERNOON.   LIZ  XXXXXX
sixtyniner

jackiehillis

« Reply #23459 on: December 17, 2019, 01:13:57 AM »

"Don't walk in front of me" "I  don't want you to lead " " Don't walk behind me" "I don't want you to follow" " Walk beside me and be my friend "