Author Topic: CANADA TO-DAY.  (Read 1592013 times)

JohnKelly

Re: CANADA TO-DAY.
« Reply #23565 on: January 16, 2020, 05:37:07 AM »
::)  Even Belfast got a great look in with British T.V cop dramas.        https://youtu.be/gDQxS4FskF0   

https://youtu.be/SbgZiKqNHW4         https://twitter.com/psk9/status/372417825727471616

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2014/mar/09/james-ellis

Ah yes, I remember Z Cars and its catchy signature tune.

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #23566 on: January 16, 2020, 08:03:06 AM »
I AM NOT IN FAVOUR OF THEM RECEIVING ANY MONEY  I JUST NEVER GOT A GOOD FEELING ABOUT HER 

MIXING WITH ROYALTY I WOULD IMAGINE IS TOTALLY  TOTALLY DIFFERENT FROM  GLITCH AND GLAMOUR OF MOVIE

WORLD  AND MEGAN JUST COULD T HANDLE IT  BUT I HOPE THEY FIND WHATEVER IT IS THEY ( MEGAN ) ARE HOPING FOR 

THE WAY THEY HANDLED THEIR ( I THINK HER )DECISION WAS NOT IN A NICE WAY  . 

AND NOW THE TWO. BROTHERS ARE DRIFTING APART  SO SO SAD
JEAN I THINK YOU'VE SAID IT ALL.  MARRYING INTO THE ROYALS  IS NOT LIKE MARRYING INTO  A NORMAL  FAMILY AND  YOU HAVE A LOT OF  THINGS YOU CAN AND CAN'T DO AND  THINK YOU CAN  ACT LIKE YOU  DID BEFORE  MARRYING INTO THEM, I THINK SHE THOUGHT IT WOULD  BE ALL GLIB AND GLAMOR.  IT'S SO SAD  THAT THE TWO BROTHERS  ARE NOW  DRIFTING APART BECAUSE OF HER.  I THINK SHE WAS TRYING TO BRING HIM INTO HER WORLD , HE'S A PRINCE NOT A MOVIE STAR.  SORRY I'M GOING ON SO I'LL STOP.  HOPE YOU'RE STILL HAVING A GOOD TIME.  LIZ XXXX
sixtyniner

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #23567 on: January 16, 2020, 08:10:24 AM »
HI ALL, I COULDN'T GET ON THE COMPUTER YESTERDAY, IT KEPT TELLING ME I NEEDED 'WINDOWS 10' AND I WAS AFRAID TO MESS AROUND WITH IT, I JUST CLOSED IT DOWN AND TODAY IT'S OK  ::) BOBBY DID SAY I MAY HAVE TO UPGRADE :-\

I DON'T KNOW HOW I FEEL ABOUT HARRY & MEGAN, IT WAS THEIR DECISION TO MOVE TO CANADA AND I'M SURE THEY HAVE ENOUGH MONEY TO TAKE CARE OF THEMSELVES. I DON'T SEE WHY CANADA HAS TO SUPPORT THEM,  WE HAVE ENOUGH POOR PEOPLE IN NEED OF SUPPORT.

TALKING ABOUT THE ROYALS, WE'RE REALLY ENJOYING THE CROWN SERIES NOW THAT WE HAVE NETFLIX WITH NO ADVERTS :)

I HOPE EVERYONE IS WELL AND KEEPING WARM.   :-**
OH RUBY,  I HOPE THIS ONE DOES NOT START GIVING YOU PROBLEMS.  I DON'T WATCH THE NEWS THAT MUCH SO I DID NOT KNOW THEY WERE THINKING OF MOVING TO CANADA AND WHO DOES THIS PM THINK HE IS OR GIVING AWAY  OUR TAX MONEY.   MONEY , LIKE YOU SAID, WOULD HELP FEED THE HOMELESS ETC AND LOOK AFTER IT'S SENIORS  .    I THINK THIS PM   WOULD  LOVE TO HAVE THEM HERE SO  HE CAN   MIX WITH THEM.   HE AND HIS JUMPED UP WIFE , BOTH TEACHERS MIXING WITH ROYALTY.  I'VE SAID ENOUGH.   NIGHT LOVE OR IT'S NOW JUST AFTER 3AM SO TIME FOR BED AGAIN HA.  LIZ XXX
sixtyniner

James James

« Reply #23568 on: January 16, 2020, 11:01:24 PM »
https://youtu.be/fie4fJTiH8g                                         https://youtu.be/TDYa5zfVWYw

jackiehillis

« Reply #23569 on: January 17, 2020, 01:02:06 AM »
HI ALL, I COULDN'T GET ON THE COMPUTER YESTERDAY, IT KEPT TELLING ME I NEEDED 'WINDOWS 10' AND I WAS AFRAID TO MESS AROUND WITH IT, I JUST CLOSED IT DOWN AND TODAY IT'S OK  ::) BOBBY DID SAY I MAY HAVE TO UPGRADE :-\

I DON'T KNOW HOW I FEEL ABOUT HARRY & MEGAN, IT WAS THEIR DECISION TO MOVE TO CANADA AND I'M SURE THEY HAVE ENOUGH MONEY TO TAKE CARE OF THEMSELVES. I DON'T SEE WHY CANADA HAS TO SUPPORT THEM,  WE HAVE ENOUGH POOR PEOPLE IN NEED OF SUPPORT.

TALKING ABOUT THE ROYALS, WE'RE REALLY ENJOYING THE CROWN SERIES NOW THAT WE HAVE NETFLIX WITH NO ADVERTS :)

I HOPE EVERYONE IS WELL AND KEEPING WARM.   :-* *
                  Hi Ruby. We are down in Alabama now. Arrived Wednesday. The weather is gorgeous, 23C when we got here. Going to change ina a few days. You know how it goes here. You don't have to go to Windows 10 if you don't want too. Here is what they are saying.  Support for Windows 7 ends in January 2020. After January 14, 2020, Microsoft will no longer provide security updates or support for PCs with Windows 7. ... If you continue to use Windows 7 after support has ended on January 14, 2020, your PC will still work, but it may become more vulnerable to security risks. It really doesn't mean anything. I have a laptop running Windows Vista, before Windows 7 and it runs fine. Don't panic. Windows 10 is very good, once you get used to it. Hope you and Bobby are keeping well.     *
"Don't walk in front of me" "I  don't want you to lead " " Don't walk behind me" "I don't want you to follow" " Walk beside me and be my friend "

urneygirl

« Reply #23570 on: January 17, 2020, 01:08:58 AM »
HI LIZ, YOU GAVE ME A LAUGH THERE, TIME WILL TELL HOW HARRY & MEGAN GET ON IN CANADA, I DO HOPE THEY DON'T TURN THEIR BACKS ON THE ROYAL FAMILY, I'M SURE CHARLES AND THE QUEEN WOULD BE UPSET.

THE COMPUTER IS BACK TO NORMAL I HAD SHUT IT OFF BECAUSE I WAS AFRAID OF A VIRUS.

IT WAS BITTER COLD TODAY, WE TOOK BOBBY'S COUSIN OUT FOR LUNCH AND THEN WENT TO THE MALL FOR A LITTLE WHILE, ALL WE DID WAS SIT TALKING OVER A COFFEE. :) I HOPE YOU HAVE A NICE RESTFUL NIGHT  :D

urneygirl

« Reply #23571 on: January 17, 2020, 01:18:59 AM »
HI JACKIE, THANKS FOR THE INFO, I PANICED WHEN I GOT THE EMAIL AND JUST CLOSED IT DOWN :D

I'M GLAD YOU'RE GETTING GOOD WEATHER, PANAMA CITY IS VERY HOT AS WELL. ENJOY YOURSELVES, SAY HI TO VI   *

jackiehillis

« Reply #23572 on: January 17, 2020, 01:22:11 AM »
HI JACKIE, THANKS FOR THE INFO, I PANICED WHEN I GOT THE EMAIL AND JUST CLOSED IT DOWN :D

I'M GLAD YOU'RE GETTING GOOD WEATHER, PANAMA CITY IS VERY HOT AS WELL. ENJOY YOURSELVES, SAY HI TO VI   *
                                             O0 O0                 
"Don't walk in front of me" "I  don't want you to lead " " Don't walk behind me" "I don't want you to follow" " Walk beside me and be my friend "

mcd

« Reply #23573 on: January 17, 2020, 02:48:52 AM »
                                             O0 O0               

. Hi Jackie , glad you made it safe and sound  the weather has been great but they say there is going to be a couple of rainy days hopefully that won’t happen   Would be great if we could.
 Meet but there is quite a distance  between us  Take it easy and enjoy  say hi to Vi  xx

Light travels faster than sound, This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #23574 on: January 17, 2020, 04:56:40 AM »
HI LIZ, YOU GAVE ME A LAUGH THERE, TIME WILL TELL HOW HARRY & MEGAN GET ON IN CANADA, I DO HOPE THEY DON'T TURN THEIR BACKS ON THE ROYAL FAMILY, I'M SURE CHARLES AND THE QUEEN WOULD BE UPSET.

THE COMPUTER IS BACK TO NORMAL I HAD SHUT IT OFF BECAUSE I WAS AFRAID OF A VIRUS.

IT WAS BITTER COLD TODAY, WE TOOK BOBBY'S COUSIN OUT FOR LUNCH AND THEN WENT TO THE MALL FOR A LITTLE WHILE, ALL WE DID WAS SIT TALKING OVER A COFFEE. :) I HOPE YOU HAVE A NICE RESTFUL NIGHT  :D
RUBY, I GET INTO A PANIC WHEN SOMETHING LIKE THAT SHOWS UP ON THE SCREEN, HAVING NO ONE TO HELP ME IJUST SIT AND LOOK AT IT AND PRAYS IT GOES  AWAY BY IT'S SELF.   IF THAT FAILS I JUST SHUT IT DOWN HA.  GLAD JACKIE  WAS ABLE TO EXPLAIN IT.    IT WAS  BITTER COLD  AND  NICE FOR YOU TO GO TO LUNCH.  JUST SITTING TALKING IS RELAXING.    YOU'RE PROBABLY IN BED BY NOW DREAMING OF  THE END OF THE MONTH HA.   LIZ XXXX
sixtyniner

urneygirl

« Reply #23575 on: January 18, 2020, 06:54:00 PM »
HI LIZ, WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THIS WEATHER  ? BOBBY HAD A DENTAL APPOINTMENT THIS MORNING SO I DECIDED TO GO WITH HIM AND HAVE A WALK AROUND THE PLAZA, IT WAS VERY COLD, THEN THE SNOW STARTED AND HASN'T STOPPED, IT'S BLOWING A LOT SO WE'RE HOUSE BOUND TODAY.  ::)  :-*

JEAN, I'M GLAD TO HEAR THE WEATHER IS STILL GOOD, BOBBY GOT INTOUCH WITH HARRY & ELEANOR, HAVE YOU SEEN THEM YET ? KEEP INTOUCH AND SAY HI TO MORRIS. :-*

TO ALL OUR WEE CHUMS NEAR & FAR I HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND  :-**

urneygirl

« Reply #23576 on: January 18, 2020, 07:31:03 PM »
https://youtu.be/fie4fJTiH8g                                         https://youtu.be/TDYa5zfVWYw

JAMES, I JUST WATCHED THE CLIPS YOU POSTED, I ENJOYED THEM, THANK YOU.   :)

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #23577 on: January 19, 2020, 12:51:18 AM »
HI LIZ, WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THIS WEATHER  ? BOBBY HAD A DENTAL APPOINTMENT THIS MORNING SO I DECIDED TO GO WITH HIM AND HAVE A WALK AROUND THE PLAZA, IT WAS VERY COLD, THEN THE SNOW STARTED AND HASN'T STOPPED, IT'S BLOWING A LOT SO WE'RE HOUSE BOUND TODAY.  ::)  :-*

JEAN, I'M GLAD TO HEAR THE WEATHER IS STILL GOOD, BOBBY GOT INTOUCH WITH HARRY & ELEANOR, HAVE YOU SEEN THEM YET ? KEEP INTOUCH AND SAY HI TO MORRIS. :-*

TO ALL OUR WEE CHUMS NEAR & FAR I HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND  :-**
HI RUBY I JUST WATCHED A LINK , WISH I COULD POST IT HERE,  ONE WAS A CAR OUT OF CONTROL , SLIDING INTO ANOTHER LANE AND GETTING HIT BY A BIG RIG.   THE PERSON COULD NOT HAVE SURVIVED.  THE SECOND LINK WAS OF NFL AND THE SNOW THEY GOT,  WILL TRY NOT TO COMPLAIN ABOUT WHAT WE GET. HA.   IT'S BEEN SNOWING ALL DAY BUT COMPARED TO WHAT I JUST WATCHED, IT WAS NOTHING.   HAVE A GOOD NIGHT LOVE.  LIZ XXX
sixtyniner

kraftcheese

« Reply #23578 on: January 19, 2020, 05:12:55 AM »

HI All. Well it's all happening in Canada - you're gaining two new residents!  I suspect this was all planned out from the word go.  Meg didn't take long to start  complaining.  How difficult it is adjusting to being a newlywed and a new mum. I  adjusted to moving to Australia, getting married and becoming a new mum within the space of 3 1/2 years, with barely a penny to bless myself, and hardly a stick of furniture, yet I was as happy as Larry.  Meg is acting like a spoiled brat, in my opinion.  The more she gets, the more she acts up.  Rant over.
I see you're getting snow. Hope it doesn't last too long and you're all snug and warm inside.  I don't need to say anything about the weather here, except to share the good news that we've had some rain here in the eastern states.
We had a great fortnight in Perth with Steve and his wee family.  Weather was hot and sunny every day.  The trick there is finding shade. Lol.
Mcd and Jackie, enjoy your respective holidays down south. 
Ruby, hope you get your computer sorted out. I was used to Vista and then had to change to Win 10 which I hate. Now I mostly use my phone for everything and rarely use my laptop. 
Jilly, hope all's well with you and yours.
John Kelly, whereabouts in Oz do you live? I'm on the outer southeast of Melbourne.  Nice to "see" a new face on this friendly Canadian thread.
Liz, hope you're doing well and not in too much pain.
Cheers for now chums.  :-*   Sarah

Omnia in finem bona sunt. Si non bona non finis est.

JohnKelly

« Reply #23579 on: January 19, 2020, 09:05:25 AM »

Truncated Message-

John Kelly, whereabouts in Oz do you live? I'm on the outer southeast of Melbourne.  Nice to "see" a new face on this friendly Canadian thread.
Liz, hope you're doing well and not in too much pain.
 Cheers for now chums.  :-*   Sarah

Hi Sarah, I am east of Melbourne out in the Dandenong Ranges/Yarra Valley area.

Cheers.