Author Topic: CANADA TO-DAY.  (Read 1599639 times)

SIXTYNINER

Re: CANADA TO-DAY.
« Reply #23745 on: March 22, 2020, 09:53:17 AM »
HI LIZ, BOBBY WENT TO THE PHARMACY IN COSCO THE OTHER DAY AND YOU COULDN'T WALK IN THE FRONT DOORS, THEY HAD WALK WAYS SET UP AND LONG SPACES BETWEEN EVERYONE. WE PASSED A" NO FRILLS " STORE TODAY AND THEY HAD A LINE UP OUTSIDE ONLY LETTING SO MANY IN THE STORE AT A TIME. WHEN YOU LOOK AT ALL THE CLOSED STORES I WONDER HOW THE OWNERS ARE GOING TO BE ABLE TO BUILD THEIR BUSINESS UP AGAIN, IT'S VERY SAD.

ALL WE CAN DO IS HOPE THINGS WILL GET BETTER.   :-**
RUBY,  THAT'S  WHAT MY FRIEND SAID WHEN SHE WAS OVER AT COSTCO THE OTHER DAY.  THEY HAD TO WAIT IN LINE  AND SO MANY WERE LET IN AT A TIME.   MY FRIEND WHO CAME OVER WITH MY  GROCERIES YESTERDAY, SAT.,  SAID HER AND HER DAUGHTER WENT OVER AROUND 4pm  AND THEY JUST WALKED IN AND NO  WAITING , THE STORE WAS HALF EMPTY.  I DID NOT GET SO MANY OF THE THINGS I HAD ORDERED ON MY GROCERY LIST.  OH WELL.   I NEED TO GET BACK INTO BED AGAIN.  TAKE CARE AND GOD BLESS. LOVE LIZ XXX
sixtyniner

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #23746 on: March 22, 2020, 09:55:24 AM »
                                           HI EVERYONE.  WE GOT HOME ON TUESDAY.  WHEN WE WERE IN OHIO ON MONDAY WE FOUND THERE WERE NO RESTAURANTS OPEN. WE ENDED UP HAVING A BURGER IN Mc'DONALDS PARKING LOT. NO PROBLEM AT THE BORDER IT WAS FASTER THAN USUAL. HAVE A BIT OF BAD NEWS. OUR GOOD FRIEND COLETTE DAVISON ( SHAMIE ) PASSED AWAY TODAY. HER SISTER IN BELFAST MESSAGED ME. I DON'T KNOW THE CIRCUMSTANCES, IF I HEAR ANYTHING I WILL LET YOU KNOW. PLEASE STAY SAFE, WE WILL GET THROUGH THIS.
GLAD TO  HEAR YOU'RE HOME SAFE AND SOUND JACKIE.  WE ARE SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT COLETTE.   LIZ XXX
sixtyniner

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #23747 on: March 22, 2020, 10:00:40 AM »
AAH LIZ I,M SORRY LOVE I FORGOT TO USE THE CAPS WHEN IN THE ABOVE POST .
JEAN NO NEED TO APOLIGISE  LOVE YOU  DO WHAT YOU DO NORMALLY,  I'M SICK TO DEATH OF THIS VIRUS BUT IT'S WHAT EVERYONE IS TALKING ABOUT.   IT COMES UP IN EVERY CONVERSATION.   WE HAVE TO THINK IT WILL PASS  AND THINGS WILL GET  BACK TO  NORMAL ALTHOUGH   IT WILL TAKE A LONG TIME  FOR  EVERYTHING TO GET RIGHT AGAIN.   SEE WHAT I MEAN.   TAKE CARE AND GOD BLESS.  LOVE LIZ XXX
sixtyniner

kraftcheese

« Reply #23748 on: March 22, 2020, 02:35:23 PM »
Hi chums. Liz, I'm sorry but I can't figure out how to type in capitals on this phone. I'll do a bit of searching tomorrow.  We had a lovely sunny day today although I wasn't out.  I took a notion for lentil soup and made a big pot. Delicious!               
I was sorry to hear about Shamie - I didn't know her but always enjoyed her posts.
I know it's Mother's Day in the UK and if my memory serves me, it's also celebrated in Canada today?? Hope you all have a lovely day. Ours is in May. Well, that's all for now as it's 1.30 AM Monday here. Take care. Sarah.  :-*
Omnia in finem bona sunt. Si non bona non finis est.

jackiehillis

« Reply #23749 on: March 22, 2020, 02:42:39 PM »
Hi chums. Liz, I'm sorry but I can't figure out how to type in capitals on this phone. I'll do a bit of searching tomorrow.  We had a lovely sunny day today although I wasn't out.  I took a notion for lentil soup and made a big pot. Delicious!               
I was sorry to hear about Shamie - I didn't know her but always enjoyed her posts.
I know it's Mother's Day in the UK and if my memory serves me, it's also celebrated in Canada today?? Hope you all have a lovely day. Ours is in May. Well, that's all for now as it's 1.30 AM Monday here. Take care. Sarah.  :-*
                  HI SARAH. GOOD TO SEE YOU. OUR MOTHERS DAY IS THE SAME AS YOURS.   *
"Don't walk in front of me" "I  don't want you to lead " " Don't walk behind me" "I don't want you to follow" " Walk beside me and be my friend "

kraftcheese

« Reply #23750 on: March 22, 2020, 02:46:23 PM »
                  HI SARAH. GOOD TO SEE YOU. OUR MOTHERS DAY IS THE SAME AS YOURS.   *

Hi stranger. Good to see you too. So your Mother's Day is in May too? My memory's getting worse.  I was glad to read you and Vi got back home safely. Cheers.  :-*

urneygirl

« Reply #23751 on: March 22, 2020, 04:59:25 PM »
HI ALL, IT WAS SAD TO HEAR ABOUT COLLETE, OUR CONDOLENCES TO HER FAMILY  :( RUBY & BOBBY

urneygirl

« Reply #23752 on: March 22, 2020, 05:48:37 PM »
HI SARAH, OUR MOTHER'S DAY IS NOT UNTIL MAY 10TH. HOW ARE YOU COPING WITH THE VIRUS ?  WE'RE TRYING TO DO THE THINGS WE'RE SUPPOSED TO DO AND THE THINGS NOT TO DO. I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE THIS VIRUS HIT SO QUICKLY AROUND THE WORLD. THERE ARE SOME IDIOTS ENJOYING THEIR SUMMER BREAK ON THE BEACHES IN FLORIDA IGNORING THE VIRUS. ::) 

I HOPE ALL THE FAMILY ARE WELL, SAY HI TO NORMAN  *

mcd

« Reply #23753 on: March 22, 2020, 07:08:21 PM »
HI ALL, IT WAS SAD TO HEAR ABOUT COLLETE, OUR CONDOLENCES TO HER FAMILY  :( RUBY & BOBBY

Ruby sent you a message x
Light travels faster than sound, This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

kraftcheese

« Reply #23754 on: March 23, 2020, 01:50:28 AM »
HI SARAH, OUR MOTHER'S DAY IS NOT UNTIL MAY 10TH. HOW ARE YOU COPING WITH THE VIRUS ?  WE'RE TRYING TO DO THE THINGS WE'RE SUPPOSED TO DO AND THE THINGS NOT TO DO. I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE THIS VIRUS HIT SO QUICKLY AROUND THE WORLD. THERE ARE SOME IDIOTS ENJOYING THEIR SUMMER BREAK ON THE BEACHES IN FLORIDA IGNORING THE VIRUS. ::) 

I HOPE ALL THE FAMILY ARE WELL, SAY HI TO NORMAN  *

Hi Ruby, that's the same date as ours then.  We're keeping our heads below the parapet as much as possible. Not going out except for fresh milk and bread. Trying to follow the guidelines.  I have a good supply of books so that keeps me entertained.  Our pubs and clubs, cafes and restaurants closed from today. Schools in Victoria close tomorrow.  Sharon works at a big supermarket so she'll keep on working and we'll have the kids as usual.  We're all well and will try to be patient till this crisis passes. You and Bobby take good care.  Xx

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #23755 on: March 23, 2020, 02:40:13 AM »
OH SARAH LOVE DON'T BE SORRY FOR TYPING IN  SMALLS.  IT'S HARD FOR PEOPLE TO  CHANGE FROM  SOMETHING  THEY'VE BEEN DOING ALWAYS.   JUST YOU DO WHAT  EVER COMES  NATURAL.  I CAN ALWAYS GET A MAGNAFYING GLASS HA.  JUST JOKING.   IT'S BEEN SUNNY HERE ALL DAY BUT VERY COLD.  I LOVE LENTIL SOUP AND I BET YOUR'S WAS GOOD.    OUR MOTHER'S DAY IS  THE 10 MAY.   BUT FATHER'S DAY IS THE SAME  HERE AS IN THE UK.  HOPE YOU'RE FAST ASLEEP  BY NOW HA.  CAN I ASK SOMEONE WHO WENT TO THE MEETS.  IS THIS THE SAME SHAMIE THAT I MET AT THE MEETS. ONE TIME SHE LOST HER PURSE  BUT FOUND IT AGAIN, I THINK I HAD BEEN SITTING ON IT.   VERY SAD.   LIZ XXX
sixtyniner

James James

« Reply #23756 on: March 23, 2020, 04:01:08 AM »

James James

« Reply #23757 on: March 23, 2020, 04:59:18 AM »
2:03   WEB ACCESSIBILITY 101: SCREEN MAGNIFICATION & REFLOW IN ACROBAT READER

https://youtu.be/fCrZhnFrxjk

James James

« Reply #23758 on: March 23, 2020, 05:05:54 AM »
USING TWITTER WITH A SCREEN READER AND VOICEOVER              https://youtu.be/DgLLti7pCZ0

kraftcheese

« Reply #23759 on: March 23, 2020, 07:34:47 AM »
LIZ, I FOUND IT. I DID A SEARCH IN MY USER MANUAL AND ALL I HAD TO DO WAS TAP TWICE ON THE CAPS ARROW.  :P 

JAMES JAMES, THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR KIND ADVICE. MY NEW PHONE IS NOT AN IPHONE, BUT AN OPPO RENO 5G, AND THE INSTRUCTIONS ARE NOT THE SAME. I APPRECIATE YOUR THOUGHTFULNESS.  :-*

HOPE YOU ALL ARE DOING OK.  I'M KEEPING BUSY WITH A FEW PROJECTS.  ISN'T THE INTERNET WONDERFUL?  :-*