Author Topic: CANADA TO-DAY.  (Read 1633015 times)

SIXTYNINER

Re: CANADA TO-DAY.
« Reply #23925 on: May 11, 2020, 03:44:41 PM »
G'DAY ALL.  IT WAS A VERY QUIET MOTHER'S DAY HERE TOO, BUT THERE'S ALWAYS NEXT YEAR.  I HAVE GOOD NEWS! JUST HEARD THE VICTORIAN PREMIER IS ALLOWING US FROM MIDNIGHT  TOMORROW TO GO FISHING, PLAY GOLF, PLAY SPORT IN GROUPS OF 10, AND. .WE CAN VISIT EACH OTHER IN GROUPS OF 5.  YAY!  RENAE HAS JUST BEEN ON THE PHONE WITH NORM TO ARRANGE A FISHING TRIP ON WEDNESDAY.  :D  HE'S AS HAPPY AS LARRY.  STILL SOCIAL DISTANCING OF COURSE.     

RUBY THOSE TIMTAMS ARE GOOD. I LIKE THE DARK CHOCOLATE ONES.   

LIZ I ONLY DO ECARDS NOW.  I DO LOVE THE HANDMADE CARDS SOME CLEVER PEOPLE DO. 

SEEING THE SNOWBIRDS RETURN WOULD HAVE BEEN VERY SPECIAL. I HAVE TO ADMIT THE FIRST PICTURE THAT CAME INTO MY MIND WAS ALL THE PEOPLE WHO HEAD TO ALABAMA AND FLORIDA FLYING BACK TO THE SHORES OF LAKE ONTARIO. IT MADE ME SMILE. 😅😂

I THINK I'M BECOMING DELIRIOUS. 🥰🥰
SARAH IT SOUNDS LIKE  IT'S STARTING.  SMALL STEPS OF COURSE BUT GOLF , I DON'T KNOW IF THEY WILL DO ANYTHING LIKE THAT HERE YET.  THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT SMALL BUSINESSES BEING ALLOWED TO OPEN  FROM THE STREET.   WELL GIRL WE HAD FLURRIES AGAIN THIS MORNING.  ARE YOU SURE YOU'RE NOT SENDING THESE OVER HA.   I LOVE  SENDING ECARDS AND THOSE HAND MADE CARDS ARE  BEAUTIFUL BUT I CAN'T ALWAYS SEND A BY MAIL CARD.  GOOD LUCK WITH  THE OPENINGS  AND I BET THERE IS GOING TO BE A LINE UP FOR THEM HA.   LIZ XXXX
sixtyniner

mcd

« Reply #23926 on: May 13, 2020, 03:22:22 AM »
HELLO CHUMS  ,  HOW ARE YOU ALL DOING ?   IT WAS A NICE DAY STILL ON THE COOL SIDE BUT THE SUN WAS OUT

FINGERS CROSSED THE SUN WILL COME OUT TOMORROW AND THE NEXT DAY AND THE NEXT 

I AM STILL TRYING TO GET TO A GARDEN. CENTER. NOT THAT I NEED ANYMORE PLANTS  BUT I JUST ENJOY WALKING THROUGH ONE   I WILL MORE THAN LIKELY COME AWAY WITH AT LEAST ONE.OR TWO  .

STAY SAFE AND  BE WELL  HUGS 🤗  🤗 
Light travels faster than sound, This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

JohnKelly

« Reply #23927 on: May 13, 2020, 04:54:06 AM »
HI ALL. NOT MUCH TO TELL YOU REALLY AS I HAVEN'T BEEN OVER THE DOOR. I'M BUSTING TO GO FOR A GOOD DRIVE UP THE HILLS BUT WE'RE NOT ALLOWED - I DON'T WANT TO BE SLAPPED WITH A $1650 FINE!   :o  SOME STATES HAVE EASED RESTRICTIONS BUT VICTORIA HASN'T YET SO HAVE TO BE PATIENT A BIT LONGER. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

:hi: - I'm wondering what hills you would drive up and I'm thinking perhaps up around Walhalla, an area which I love, a few years ago we kept going over the top of the mountain and kept going and came out at Bright.

https://www.aussietowns.com.au/town/walhalla-vic

kraftcheese

« Reply #23928 on: May 13, 2020, 06:11:48 AM »
:hi: - I'm wondering what hills you would drive up and I'm thinking perhaps up around Walhalla, an area which I love, a few years ago we kept going over the top of the mountain and kept going and came out at Bright.

https://www.aussietowns.com.au/town/walhalla-vic

Hi John Kelly. I love Walhalla. Was there about two years ago. I also love the Yarra Valley where you are. One of my sisters lived in Lilydale and Coldstream for many years. When I go to visit my brother in Wagga, I sometimes go the scenic route via Yarra Valley, Bonnie Doon and Benalla. God's country up there.

Omnia in finem bona sunt. Si non bona non finis est.

kraftcheese

« Reply #23929 on: May 13, 2020, 06:28:14 AM »
HI GIRLS.  HOPE THOSE FLURRIES HAVE GONE AWAY.  JEAN, HAVE THE GARDEN CENTRES OPENED YET?  IT'S LOVELY SEEING ALL THE POTS AND HANGING BASKETS. 
LIZ, DID YOU LIKE GARDENING WHEN YOU LIVED IN YOUR HOUSE?  I'M HOPELESS AT IT BUT I DO LIKE POTS AND BASKETS.
WELL THE SUN IS SHINING AT THE MOMENT BUT GETTING SHOWERS. I HAD A WALK ROUND MY FAVOURITE SHOP YESTERDAY AND GOT A COUPLE OF GOOD BARGAINS SO I CAME OUT SMILING.
KEEP SAFE CHUMS.  :-*

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #23930 on: May 13, 2020, 05:02:59 PM »
HI GIRLS.  HOPE THOSE FLURRIES HAVE GONE AWAY.  JEAN, HAVE THE GARDEN CENTRES OPENED YET?  IT'S LOVELY SEEING ALL THE POTS AND HANGING BASKETS. 
LIZ, DID YOU LIKE GARDENING WHEN YOU LIVED IN YOUR HOUSE?  I'M HOPELESS AT IT BUT I DO LIKE POTS AND BASKETS.
WELL THE SUN IS SHINING AT THE MOMENT BUT GETTING SHOWERS. I HAD A WALK ROUND MY FAVOURITE SHOP YESTERDAY AND GOT A COUPLE OF GOOD BARGAINS SO I CAME OUT SMILING.
HI SARAH, DON'T YOU JUST LOVE IT WHEN SOMEONE COMES ON AND KNOWS WHERE YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT HA.  THE FLURRIES HAVE GONE FOR NOW TG. I DID LOVE GARDENING  IN THE HOUSE AND MANY MOONS AGO USE TO GROW VEGS ETC.  EVEN TRIED GROWING PEPPERS HA.   AND AS THE  KNEES GOT WORSE SO DID THE GARDENING HA.   TRIED BUYING THE HANGING BASKETS  AND THE LOOKED LOVELY BUT OUT THE FRONT WHERE I HUNG THEM  THEY DRIED UP SO QUICKLY SO I PUT THEM ON THE GROUND AND LEFT THEM THERE.   SO WHEN I WATERED THE LAWN, WHEN YOU COULD, HA.  I COULD WATER THEM.   I LOVE GETTING BARGINS   SO I'M VERY HAPPY FOR YOU GIRL.   JUST WAITING FOR MY DINNER TO FINISH IN THE MICRO.  SHEPARD'S PIE , YUM.    KEEP WELL AND STAY SAFE LOVE AND TO ALL OUR FRIENDS NEAR AND FAR.  LIZ  XXXXXXX
sixtyniner

urneygirl

« Reply #23931 on: May 14, 2020, 03:07:44 AM »
HI LIZ, :-* :-*

THE WEATHER TODAY WASN'T TOO BAD, WE GOT SOME OF THE GARDEN FURNITURE OUT SO HOPEFULLY THE WEATHER WILL BE NICE FOR THE WEEKEND AND WE CAN SIT OUTSIDE. THE NEXT COUPLE OF DAYS DON'T SOUND TOO GOOD ::) OTHER THAN A BIT OF GARDENING WE'RE LIKE EVERYONE ELSE AND NOT DOING MUCH. WE TALK TO FAMILY AT HOME AND THEY ARE HAVING GREAT WEATHER BUT THEY STILL HAVE   RESTRICTIONS REGARDING TRAVEL.

I'M GOING TO HAVE A CUP OF TEA AND A BISCUIT,  I HOPE YOU HAVE A COMFORTABLE NIGHT, TAKE CARE LOVE  :-**

mcd

« Reply #23932 on: May 14, 2020, 03:50:13 AM »

HI THERE SARAH   YES THE  AREA WHERE I LIVE GARDEN. CENTERS  ARE OPEN   EVERY TOWN AND VILLAGE HAS ONE  SO ITS A NICE DAY OUT .  STILL A BIT CHILLY HERE AT NIGHT  SO I BRING THEM IN
 HOW IS EVERYTHING WITH YOU ?

Light travels faster than sound, This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

JohnKelly

« Reply #23933 on: May 14, 2020, 08:26:56 AM »
Hi John Kelly. I love Walhalla. Was there about two years ago. I also love the Yarra Valley where you are. One of my sisters lived in Lilydale and Coldstream for many years. When I go to visit my brother in Wagga, I sometimes go the scenic route via Yarra Valley, Bonnie Doon and Benalla. God's country up there.

I know Lilydale and Coldstream very well and I have travelled your route to Wagga numerous times on our way north to either country Victoria, Sydney or Brisbane.

The Hume Hwy is now a magnificent freeway but not at night given the amount of trucks (B-Doubles) over nighting to Sydney but I remember in the 1960's and 70's when it was little more than a goat track.

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #23934 on: May 14, 2020, 03:12:51 PM »
HI LIZ, :-* :-*

THE WEATHER TODAY WASN'T TOO BAD, WE GOT SOME OF THE GARDEN FURNITURE OUT SO HOPEFULLY THE WEATHER WILL BE NICE FOR THE WEEKEND AND WE CAN SIT OUTSIDE. THE NEXT COUPLE OF DAYS DON'T SOUND TOO GOOD ::) OTHER THAN A BIT OF GARDENING WE'RE LIKE EVERYONE ELSE AND NOT DOING MUCH. WE TALK TO FAMILY AT HOME AND THEY ARE HAVING GREAT WEATHER BUT THEY STILL HAVE   RESTRICTIONS REGARDING TRAVEL.

I'M GOING TO HAVE A CUP OF TEA AND A BISCUIT,  I HOPE YOU HAVE A COMFORTABLE NIGHT, TAKE CARE LOVE  :-**
HI RUBY,  I SEEM TO BE GETTING LATER AT ANSWERING MY POSTS.  NOW THAT YOU'RE GETTING YOUR GARDEN FURNITURE OUT IT MAKES IT MORE  NORMAL SOME.  YOU CAN SIT OUT AND I BELIEVE  NEXT WK IS SUPPOSED TO BE NICE, SOME RAIN  BUT TEMPS ARE UP SO I HOPE YOU CAN ENJOY IT FOR A WHILE.  YES I WAS TALKING TO MY SISTER AND IT'S THE SAME THING, SHE'S  SAID THEY WERE HAVING NICE WEATHER BUT RESTRICTIONS  JUST THE SAME.  I HEARD THIS MORNING ON CH THAT  ROB FORD IS TALKING ABOUT OPENING UP SOME SMALL BUSINESSES AND  MORE PARKS,  NOT MUCH BUT IT'S  A START AND  MAKES PEOPLE LOOK FORWARD TO  SOMETHING RATHER THAN  NOTHING.  HOPE YOU ENJOYED YOUR CUP OF  TEA AND BICKY. HA.     KEEP WELL AND STAY SAFE LOVE.   LIZ XXXX
sixtyniner

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #23935 on: May 14, 2020, 03:14:07 PM »
I know Lilydale and Coldstream very well and I have travelled your route to Wagga numerous times on our way north to either country Victoria, Sydney or Brisbane.

The Hume Hwy is now a magnificent freeway but not at night given the amount of trucks (B-Doubles) over nighting to Sydney but I remember in the 1960's and 70's when it was little more than a goat track.
HI JOHN, I LOVE IT WHEN YOU AND SARAH CAN COME ON AND CHAT  ABOUT PLACES YOU KNOW. HA.  I GUESS THINGS ARE JUST THE SAME WHERE YOU ARE.  LIZ XXXX
sixtyniner

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #23936 on: May 14, 2020, 03:16:28 PM »
   HI THERE SARAH   YES THE  AREA WHERE I LIVE GARDEN. CENTERS  ARE OPEN   EVERY TOWN AND VILLAGE HAS ONE  SO ITS A NICE DAY OUT .  STILL A BIT CHILLY HERE AT NIGHT  SO I BRING THEM IN
HI JEAN,  DID YOU BUY ANY BASKETS  YET.    AT LEAST THEY ARE NOW OPEN AND PEOPLE CAN LOOK FORWARD TO  BUYING PLANTS ETC.   BUT IT WILL END AND  YOU CAN START YOUR PLANTING AGAIN.   STAY WELL LOVE.  LIZXX
sixtyniner

kraftcheese

« Reply #23937 on: May 14, 2020, 03:48:47 PM »

JEAN, THINGS HAVE IMPROVED HERE THIS WEEK AS WE'RE ALLOWED TO GO OUT FOR A DRIVE NOW AND I GOT TO THE HAIRDRESSER FOR A HAIRCUT TODAY.  I HAD TAKEN THE SCISSORS TO THE FRONT OF IT TWO WEEKS AGO AND IT WAS A SIGHT.  I WAS AFRAID OF BUMPING INTO ANYBODY I KNEW ON THE WAY.  :D

LIZ, IT CERTAINLY IS NICE TO CHAT TO SOMEONE ON HERE WHO CAN RELATE TO WHERE I LIVE AND KNOWS THE ROADS I TRAVEL.  I FEEL I CAN RELATE TO YOU CANUKS AS WELL, HAVING VISITED BC, ALBERTA AND ONTARIO. I HAVE FOND MEMORIES OF TORONTO ESPECIALLY FROM WHEN I VISITED MY DEAR SISTER (RIP).   :-*

JOHN, WHAT A NIGHTMARE THE OLD HUME HWY WAS WHEN PASSING OR BEING PASSED BY THOSE MASSIVE TRUCKS. IT'S A PLEASURE TO DRIVE ON THESE DAYS.  HAVE YOU EVER DRIVEN ACROSS THE NULLARBOR? I'VE DONE THAT DRIVE A FEW TIMES.  :o  NOW THAT'S A DRIVE AND A HALF.  CHEERS. SARAH

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #23938 on: May 14, 2020, 08:46:34 PM »
JEAN, THINGS HAVE IMPROVED HERE THIS WEEK AS WE'RE ALLOWED TO GO OUT FOR A DRIVE NOW AND I GOT TO THE HAIRDRESSER FOR A HAIRCUT TODAY.  I HAD TAKEN THE SCISSORS TO THE FRONT OF IT TWO WEEKS AGO AND IT WAS A SIGHT.  I WAS AFRAID OF BUMPING INTO ANYBODY I KNEW ON THE WAY.  :D

LIZ, IT CERTAINLY IS NICE TO CHAT TO SOMEONE ON HERE WHO CAN RELATE TO WHERE I LIVE AND KNOWS THE ROADS I TRAVEL.  I FEEL I CAN RELATE TO YOU CANUKS AS WELL, HAVING VISITED BC, ALBERTA AND ONTARIO. I HAVE FOND MEMORIES OF TORONTO ESPECIALLY FROM WHEN I VISITED MY DEAR SISTER (RIP).   :-*

JOHN, WHAT A NIGHTMARE THE OLD HUME HWY WAS WHEN PASSING OR BEING PASSED BY THOSE MASSIVE TRUCKS. IT'S A PLEASURE TO DRIVE ON THESE DAYS.  HAVE YOU EVER DRIVEN ACROSS THE NULLARBOR? I'VE DONE THAT DRIVE A FEW TIMES.  :o  NOW THAT'S A DRIVE AND A HALF.  CHEERS. SARAH
HI SARAH, JUST AS I WAS ABOUT TO TYPE MY FRIEND CALLED.  ANYWAY I'M GLAD YOU BOTH  KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT HA.  MAYBE SOMETIME IN THE  FUTHER ?   YOU MIGHT JUST GET TOGETHER AND HAVE A "MEET"  THAT WOULD BE SOMETHING.  I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE THEY WOULD NOT LET YOU GO OUT FOR A DRIVE BUT THAT'S PAST .   MY FRIEND USE TO CUT MY HAIR AND IT NEEDS IT BADLY.   SHE CUTS HER OWN AND IT LOOKS GOOD, SHE USE TO BE A HAIRDRESSER A LONG TIME AGO.   WELL LOVE KEEP SAFE AND STAY WELL.   THE SAME FOR ALL OUR FRIENDS  HOME AND ABROAD.  LIZ XXXXXX
sixtyniner

urneygirl

« Reply #23939 on: May 15, 2020, 08:58:25 PM »
HI EVERYONE  IT'S LOVELY TO SEE AND HEAR THAT SOME THINGS ARE OPENING UP A BIT NEXT WEEK, O0,

HOPEFULLY SOME PEOPLE WILL NOT GO OVER BOARD AND IGNORE THE RULLS. SARAH YOU WERE LUCKY TO GET YOUR HAIR CUT WE HAVE TO WAIT FOR ANOTHER WEE WHILE, I EVEN LET BOBBY TRIM THE BACK OF MY NECK THE HAIR WAS CURLED UP AND WOULDN'T FLATTEN DOWN :D

WE BOUGHT A FEW MORE HANGING BASKETS THIS MORNING SO I HOPE THE WEATHER IS NICE FOR THE WEEKEND, I KNOW RAIN IS IN THE FORECAST BUT HOPEFULLY THAT WILL CHANGE. :)

LIZ, I HOPE IT WON'T BE LONG BEFORE WE CAN ALL GET TOGETHER WITH OUR FRIENDS AGAIN, STAY SAFE :-* :-*

TO ALL OUR WEE CHUMS NEAR & FAR I HOPE YOU ARE ALL STAYING SAFE. ENJOY YOUR WEEKEND    :-** :-*