Author Topic: CANADA TO-DAY.  (Read 1612313 times)

JohnKelly

Re: CANADA TO-DAY.
« Reply #23940 on: May 16, 2020, 09:19:19 AM »

JOHN, WHAT A NIGHTMARE THE OLD HUME HWY WAS WHEN PASSING OR BEING PASSED BY THOSE MASSIVE TRUCKS. IT'S A PLEASURE TO DRIVE ON THESE DAYS.  HAVE YOU EVER DRIVEN ACROSS THE NULLARBOR? I'VE DONE THAT DRIVE A FEW TIMES.  :o  NOW THAT'S A DRIVE AND A HALF.  CHEERS. SARAH

Drive across the Nullarbor!!!!! - No way mate, these days I battle to stay awake on a drive from Melbourne to Sale.

How many days was the drive?

If we were to visit WA we would go Indian Pacific, I'm a bit of a train travel buff having done the Ghan (Adelaide to Darwin), The Spirit of the Outback (Brisbane to Longreach)  the Overlander (Melbourne to Adelaide) and the Sunlander (Brisbane to Cairns).

My wife would love to see the wild flowers of WA; have you been there and done that?

This is my way,

https://www.australian-trains.com/indian-pacific

Hey Canadians, anyone ever travelled by train from say Toronto to Vancouver?

The other two would be The Empire Builder and The Coastal Starlight.

Cheers.

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #23941 on: May 16, 2020, 06:48:23 PM »
HI EVERYONE  IT'S LOVELY TO SEE AND HEAR THAT SOME THINGS ARE OPENING UP A BIT NEXT WEEK, O0,

HOPEFULLY SOME PEOPLE WILL NOT GO OVER BOARD AND IGNORE THE RULLS. SARAH YOU WERE LUCKY TO GET YOUR HAIR CUT WE HAVE TO WAIT FOR ANOTHER WEE WHILE, I EVEN LET BOBBY TRIM THE BACK OF MY NECK THE HAIR WAS CURLED UP AND WOULDN'T FLATTEN DOWN :D

WE BOUGHT A FEW MORE HANGING BASKETS THIS MORNING SO I HOPE THE WEATHER IS NICE FOR THE WEEKEND, I KNOW RAIN IS IN THE FORECAST BUT HOPEFULLY THAT WILL CHANGE. :)

LIZ, I HOPE IT WON'T BE LONG BEFORE WE CAN ALL GET TOGETHER WITH OUR FRIENDS AGAIN, STAY SAFE :-* :-*

TO ALL OUR WEE CHUMS NEAR & FAR I HOPE YOU ARE ALL STAYING SAFE. ENJOY YOUR WEEKEND    :-** :-*
HI RUBY,  I SEE YOU ARE BUYING THE BASKETS, GOOD FOR YOU GIRL.   IT'S NOW 17 AND NEXT SAT. IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE 20  SO I GUESS  IT'S FINALLY COMING HA.   MORE CHANGES  ARE TO TAKE PLACE AND GIVE THE PEOPLE  MORE HOPE.    YOU LET BOBBY TRIM  THE BACK OF YOUR HAIR, YOU ARE DARING HA.   AT LEAST IT WILL KEEP IT FROM AS YOU SAY, CURLING UP.   I AM REALLY READY FOR A HAIR CUT.    I SAID TO MY FRIEND ABOUT THE RAIN, AT LEAST IT'S GOOD FOR THE GRASS HA.  ANYWAY  I HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT WK END.  LIZ XXXXX
sixtyniner

urneygirl

« Reply #23942 on: May 17, 2020, 08:59:42 PM »
HI LIZ, I HOPE YOU HAVE A PAIN FREE WEEKEND, YESTERDAY WAS LOVELY BUT IT'S A BIT OVERCAST TODAY.

RIGHT NOW I'M HAVING A CUP OF TEA WITH A POTATO CHIP SANDWICH, :D I TOOK A CRAVING FOR IT BUT WE DIDN'T HAVE PLAIN CHIPS SO I HAD TO SETTLE FOR CHEESE & ONION AND IT WASN'T BAD. NOW HAVE I PUT YOU IN THE NOTION ? :D   IT WILL BE INTERESTING TO SEE HOW THINGS WORK OUT WHEN  SOME STORES OPEN ON TUESDAY, I'M HAPPY ENOUGH JUST BEING ABLE TO GET INTO THE GROCERY STORES. 

I KNOW YOU DON'T WATCH CORRIE NOW,  THERE'S ONLY 3 EPISODES PER WEEK SO I DIDN'T WATCH ANY LAST WEEK AND I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO WATCHING 6 TONIGHT  :) 

I'LL CHECK BACK LATER,   :-**   

jackiehillis

« Reply #23943 on: May 17, 2020, 11:02:57 PM »
HI EVERYONE, SORRY I HAVEN'T BEEN ON MUCH. I HOPE YOU ARE ALL KEEPING SAFE AND WELL. DO ANY OF YOU REMEMBER JEANNIE  WHO USED TO COME ON THE THREAD. I AM AN ADMIN ON 3 FACEBOOK GROUPS. LAST NIGHT I ADDED A MEMBER AND SHE MESSAGED ME AND SAID, SHE RECOGNIZED MY NAME.
SHE WAS ASKING ABOUT SOME OF THE OLDER MEMBERS. SHE HASN'T BEEN ON THE BF FOR A LONG TIME. FUNNY HOW THINGS HAPPEN.
"Don't walk in front of me" "I  don't want you to lead " " Don't walk behind me" "I don't want you to follow" " Walk beside me and be my friend "

kraftcheese

« Reply #23944 on: May 18, 2020, 06:10:51 AM »
HI CHUMS. HOPE YOU'RE ALL HANGING IN THERE. GLAD TO HEAR SOME OF YOUR SHOPS ARE OPENING UP THIS WEEK.  WE'RE ALL GOING TO BE LIKE MOVIE STARS WHEN WE GET OUR HAIRDOS.  :D

JOHN, I HAVEN'T DONE ANY TRAIN JOURNEYS HERE IN OZ APART FROM SUBURBANS, BUT DID ENJOY THE HIGH SPEED TRAIN JOURNEYS IN ITALY.  HUBBY AND SON DID THE INDIAN-PACIFIC TO PERTH.
WE LIVED IN WA FOR 14 YEARS AND WAY BACK WHEN AIRFARES WERE MUCH HIGHER, FOUR OF DID THE TRIP BACK EAST BY CAR ON TWO SEPARATE OCCASIONS FOR WEDDINGS.  SHOULD HAVE TAKEN AT LEAST FIVE DAYS BUT WE DROVE IN SHIFTS AND DID IT IN 2 1/2 DAYS (60 HRS) DUE TO TIME CONSTRAINTS.  :o  I HIGHLY RECOMMEND PERTH AND WA GENERALLY FOR HOLIDAYS. 

IT'S A LOVELY SUNNY DAY TODAY SO THAT'S ALWAYS A BIG PLUS. ARE YOU ALL MAKING ANY GARDENING PROGRESS?  HAVE A GREAT WEEK. 🥰

Omnia in finem bona sunt. Si non bona non finis est.

JohnKelly

« Reply #23945 on: May 18, 2020, 08:42:37 AM »
HI CHUMS. HOPE YOU'RE ALL HANGING IN THERE. GLAD TO HEAR SOME OF YOUR SHOPS ARE OPENING UP THIS WEEK.  WE'RE ALL GOING TO BE LIKE MOVIE STARS WHEN WE GET OUR HAIRDOS.  :D

JOHN, I HAVEN'T DONE ANY TRAIN JOURNEYS HERE IN OZ APART FROM SUBURBANS, BUT DID ENJOY THE HIGH SPEED TRAIN JOURNEYS IN ITALY.  HUBBY AND SON DID THE INDIAN-PACIFIC TO PERTH.
WE LIVED IN WA FOR 14 YEARS AND WAY BACK WHEN AIRFARES WERE MUCH HIGHER, FOUR OF DID THE TRIP BACK EAST BY CAR ON TWO SEPARATE OCCASIONS FOR WEDDINGS.  SHOULD HAVE TAKEN AT LEAST FIVE DAYS BUT WE DROVE IN SHIFTS AND DID IT IN 2 1/2 DAYS (60 HRS) DUE TO TIME CONSTRAINTS.  :o  I HIGHLY RECOMMEND PERTH AND WA GENERALLY FOR HOLIDAYS. 

IT'S A LOVELY SUNNY DAY TODAY SO THAT'S ALWAYS A BIG PLUS. ARE YOU ALL MAKING ANY GARDENING PROGRESS?  HAVE A GREAT WEEK. 🥰

"Are you all making any gardening progress?"

Am I ever,

https://i.postimg.cc/T1wc86N7/J-s-truck-work-001.jpg

:)

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #23946 on: May 18, 2020, 10:12:24 AM »
HI LIZ, I HOPE YOU HAVE A PAIN FREE WEEKEND, YESTERDAY WAS LOVELY BUT IT'S A BIT OVERCAST TODAY.

RIGHT NOW I'M HAVING A CUP OF TEA WITH A POTATO CHIP SANDWICH, :D I TOOK A CRAVING FOR IT BUT WE DIDN'T HAVE PLAIN CHIPS SO I HAD TO SETTLE FOR CHEESE & ONION AND IT WASN'T BAD. NOW HAVE I PUT YOU IN THE NOTION ? :D   IT WILL BE INTERESTING TO SEE HOW THINGS WORK OUT WHEN  SOME STORES OPEN ON TUESDAY, I'M HAPPY ENOUGH JUST BEING ABLE TO GET INTO THE GROCERY STORES. 

I KNOW YOU DON'T WATCH CORRIE NOW,  THERE'S ONLY 3 EPISODES PER WEEK SO I DIDN'T WATCH ANY LAST WEEK AND I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO WATCHING 6 TONIGHT  :) 

I'LL CHECK BACK LATER,   :-**
HI RUBY,  I'M WILL NOT COMPLAIN  THIS TIME BUT JUST WAIT HA.  THANK YOU FOR ASKING LOVE.   I LOVE CHIP SANDWICHES BUT  I HAVE TRIED NOT TO   DO  IT TOO OFTEN  AS THE GREASE  GETS ME,  WHAT DOES'NT HA.  WHERE DID YOU GET THE CHEESE AND ONION, I JUST THOUGHT OF THAT.   MY FRIEND'S HUSBAND HAS ALREADY  BOOKED TUESDAY FOR GOLFING HA.   WONDER WHAT STORES WILL OPEN.  MY FRIEND  IS DYING FOR HER HAIRDRESSER TO OPEN.    AS FOR CORRIE, SHE IS DREADING THE  DAY , IT HAS TO COME,  WHEN IT WON'T BE ON ANY MORE.  TEARS,  I KNOW THEY ONLY SHOW  3  PER WK NOW AND ALL AT THE BEGINNING, I SAID, WHY DON'T  THEY SPREAD THEM OVER THE WK  AND YOU CAN LOOK FORWARD TO   THAT,  LIKE MON, WED AND FRI.   WELL ANOTHER  WK END OF RAIN.   AND MORE DURING THE WEEK.  MY FRIEND SAID OVER IN BRITON THEY WERE HAVING BEAUTIFUL WEATHER.   WELL LOVE  I HOPE YOU KEEP WELL AND STAY SAFE.  LIZ  XXXXXX
sixtyniner

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #23947 on: May 18, 2020, 10:16:32 AM »
HI EVERYONE, SORRY I HAVEN'T BEEN ON MUCH. I HOPE YOU ARE ALL KEEPING SAFE AND WELL. DO ANY OF YOU REMEMBER JEANNIE  WHO USED TO COME ON THE THREAD. I AM AN ADMIN ON 3 FACEBOOK GROUPS. LAST NIGHT I ADDED A MEMBER AND SHE MESSAGED ME AND SAID, SHE RECOGNIZED MY NAME.
SHE WAS ASKING ABOUT SOME OF THE OLDER MEMBERS. SHE HASN'T BEEN ON THE BF FOR A LONG TIME. FUNNY HOW THINGS HAPPEN.
HI JACKIE , HOPE YOU AND VI ARE KEEPING WELL.  I WISH I COULD SAY I RECOGNIZE JEANNIE BUT MEMORY IS NOT SO GOOD THESE DAYS, NEVER WAS HA.    I'M GLAD  SHE'S ALIVE AND KICKING, THOUGHT WHEN YOU STARTED YOU WERE GOING TO SAY SHE PASSED.   LIZ   XXXXX
sixtyniner

IRISHDIVA

« Reply #23948 on: May 19, 2020, 03:14:00 PM »
Well gang I did make it to the Garden Center I was in and out in 3 minutes flat. I went to the on in the Lablaw's Super Center last week. I got a lovely hanging planter for Mother day and it was in a bright red pot, I wanted a match so I knew the I had to go soon and I was right they only had 2 left as they had them in just for Mother day. But it was like an under cover operation. Had my Mask & Gloved and wipe at the ready and I did a drive by before I went. But it was empty so I had 3 assistants running up and down to fine the red pots. But can't wait until I feel comfortable to go do my own grocery shopping. Have a good day and it looks like the rest of the week is looking  O0 8)
You will never know where you are going.
If you do not remember where you come from.

urneygirl

« Reply #23949 on: May 19, 2020, 09:58:49 PM »
HI JOHN, OVER THE YEARS WE HAVE DONE A BIT OF TRAVELLING ACROSS CANADA BUT NEVER ON A TRAIN. WHEN WE WERE IN BANFF THERE WAS A LUXURY TRAIN ON THE TRACKS AND IT SOUNDS LIKE THE ONE YOU POSTED.  :)

urneygirl

« Reply #23950 on: May 19, 2020, 10:22:26 PM »
HI LILLIAN, THE NEXT COUPLE OF DAYS ARE GOING TO BE NICE IN THE GARDEN. WE DON'T HAVE MUCH MORE TO DO BUT I STILL NEED A COUPLE MORE BASKETS. FOR MOTHERS DAY  KAREN ALWAYS GIVES ME A GIFT CARD FOR LOWES GARDEN CENTRE, I PREFER THAT INSTEAD OF GIFTS I DON'T NEED :D  SO ALL BEING WELL TOMORROW I WILL GO AND CHECK THINGS OUT.  DID YOU GET THE RED POTS ?

SAY HI TO MAVIS  :-**

HI JACKIE, NICE TO SEE YOU, I DO REMEMBER JEANNIE BUT SHE MAY NOT REMEMBER ME, THERE USED TO BE SO MANY OF US IT WAS HARD TO REMEMBER EVERYONE NAME.

IT SOUNDS LIKE ALL IS WELL WITH YOU AND YOU'RE KEEPING BUSY, TAKE CARE AND SAY HI TO VI  :-**

McNamee

« Reply #23951 on: May 19, 2020, 10:46:31 PM »
HI JOHN, OVER THE YEARS WE HAVE DONE A BIT OF TRAVELLING ACROSS CANADA BUT NEVER ON A TRAIN. WHEN WE WERE IN BANFF THERE WAS A LUXURY TRAIN ON THE TRACKS AND IT SOUNDS LIKE THE ONE YOU POSTED.  :)

Hi Ruby, I was very disappointed when I visited Banff.....Just like when I went to Australia and visited Bondi Beach....The beaches in NSW were fabulous, but thought as I had come this far I would have to visit Bondi...really disappointed.

All well this side of the World, they are starting to open up things. Honestly don't think it will ever be the same...Hope all is well with  the Canadian folks...xx

JohnKelly

« Reply #23952 on: May 20, 2020, 01:54:12 AM »
Hi Ruby, I was very disappointed when I visited Banff.....Just like when I went to Australia and visited Bondi Beach....The beaches in NSW were fabulous, but thought as I had come this far I would have to visit Bondi...really disappointed.

All well this side of the World, they are starting to open up things. Honestly don't think it will ever be the same...Hope all is well with  the Canadian folks...xx
Bondi Beach, Australia - Bondi Beach is an Australian icon but I agree, there are far more awesome beaches in many parts of Australia,

https://www.theactiveatlas.com/bondi-beach-is-a-bubble-and-i-love-it/

https://tropikaia.com/why-bondi-beach-famous/

urneygirl

« Reply #23953 on: May 20, 2020, 10:38:22 PM »
HI LIZ, I DID A FEW POSTS YESTERDAY AND THE LAST ONE WAS FOR YOU, I WAS IN A HURRY WHEN BOBBY CALLED ME AND I THOUGHT I HAD PUSHED SEND. ::) SORRY ABOUT THAT I DIDN'T HAVE TIME TO REDO IT AND I WASN'T ON THE COMPUTER THE REST OF THE NIGHT. 

THE WEATHER IS LOVELY TODAY, WE WENT TO THE GARDEN CENTRE BUT THE LINE UP WAS TOO LONG, THEY WERE ONLY LETTING SO MANY IN AT A TIME AND YOU CAN'T REALLY RUSH IN A GARDEN CENTRE SO WE HAVE TO LEAVE IT FOR ANOTHER DAY. TAKE CARE LOVE XOXO

urneygirl

« Reply #23954 on: May 20, 2020, 11:21:08 PM »
HI BERNIE, I SEE I MISSED YOUR POST AS WELL. WE WERE IN BANFF FOR A WEEK AND  IT WAS A LONG TIME AGO, TO TELL YOU THE TRUTH I CAN ONLY REMEMBER THE TRAIN  :D

HOW ARE YOU MAKING OUT, HAVE ANY RESTRICTIONS BEEN LIFTED ? SOME OF OURS HAVE  BEEN LIFTED TODAY, BUT HOPEFULLY PEOPLE WILL STILL ABIDE BY THE RULLS AND NOT GO OVERBOARD. OUR WEATHER HASN'T BEEN VERY GOOD THE PAST FEW WEEKS BUT THANKFULLY TODAY SUMMER HAS ARRIVED. BOBBY JUST TOLD ME THE BBQ IS LIT SO I HAVE TO GO DO MY WIFELY DUTIES :D  :D
TAKE CARE  LOVE :-* :-*