Author Topic: CANADA TO-DAY.  (Read 1619879 times)

SIXTYNINER

Re: CANADA TO-DAY.
« Reply #23970 on: May 27, 2020, 05:10:25 PM »
HI ALL , I HOPE EVERYONE IS WELL AND STAYING SAFE  :-**

LIZ, I THINK THE PARKS IN TORONTO HAVE BEEN SHUT DOWN AGAIN FOR 2 WEEKS, ?  IT'S A SHAME THE IDIOTS SPOILED IT FOR EVERYONE ELSE.

NOT MUCH GOING ON HERE TODAY, WE MAY GO OUT FOR AWHILE AND PICK UP A FEW GROCERIES. THIS IS JUST A QUICK CHECKIN, TAKE CARE LOVE :-* :-*
RUBY, I JUST SAW A QUICK ONE OF THE CROWDS BUT MY FRIEND SAID  THERE WAS ABOUT 10,000 PEOPLE IN THAT PARK.  SHOCK,  ANYWAY  IF THERE WAS NOT ENOUGH POLICE  WHY DID'NT THEY SEND FOR THE ARMY.   I HOPE YOU GOT YOUR GROCERIES DONE.  MY FRIEND IS PICKING MINE UP ON FRIDAY.    STAY SAFE AND WELL  LOVE.  LIZ XXXX
sixtyniner

jillyfred

« Reply #23971 on: May 28, 2020, 12:50:43 PM »
Bondi Beach, Australia - Bondi Beach is an Australian icon but I agree, there are far more awesome beaches in many parts of Australia,

https://www.theactiveatlas.com/bondi-beach-is-a-bubble-and-i-love-it/

https://tropikaia.com/why-bondi-beach-famous/
===
My niece and her family live in Coogee,Sydney and the beach there is lovely.

jilly

JohnKelly

« Reply #23972 on: May 28, 2020, 01:56:12 PM »
===
My niece and her family live in Coogee,Sydney and the beach there is lovely.

jilly

:hi: Yes, I know Coogee and the beach is very popular.

When I arrived in Sydney in 1964 I stayed for about 8 weeks in Randwick which is next to Coogee; I'll bet it has changed a lot since then.

Cheers.

mcd

« Reply #23973 on: May 29, 2020, 03:27:56 AM »
HELLO EVERYONE , JUST DROPPING IN TO SEE HOW EVERYONE IS DOING  I HAVENT BEEN OUT AND ABOUT MUCH OTHER THAN THE NURSERY , A PLACE I REALLY SHOULD STAY AWAY FROM , AS I CANT JUST LOOK AT THE PLANTS I HAVE TO BUY 🤗 CANT HELP. MYSELF   

THIS PAST WHILE BACK WE HAVE. BEEN WATCHING A COUPLE Of BALD EAGLES OUT THE BACK THEY ARE  MAGNIFICENT TO WATCH .

I WAS JUST WATCHING THE NEWS FOR A SHORT TIME   SORRY I DID NOTHING BUT SAD NEWS  A COUPLE Of CITIES

IN THE STATES ON FIRE  ITS A SORRY WORLD AND HORRIBLE TIMES .

STAY SAFE CHUMS  AND  LOOK AFTER YOURSELF    *

Light travels faster than sound, This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #23974 on: May 29, 2020, 04:13:11 AM »
HELLO EVERYONE , JUST DROPPING IN TO SEE HOW EVERYONE IS DOING  I HAVENT BEEN OUT AND ABOUT MUCH OTHER THAN THE NURSERY , A PLACE I REALLY SHOULD STAY AWAY FROM , AS I CANT JUST LOOK AT THE PLANTS I HAVE TO BUY 🤗 CANT HELP. MYSELF   

THIS PAST WHILE BACK WE HAVE. BEEN WATCHING A COUPLE Of BALD EAGLES OUT THE BACK THEY ARE  MAGNIFICENT TO WATCH .

I WAS JUST WATCHING THE NEWS FOR A SHORT TIME   SORRY I DID NOTHING BUT SAD NEWS  A COUPLE Of CITIES

IN THE STATES ON FIRE  ITS A SORRY WORLD AND HORRIBLE TIMES .

STAY SAFE CHUMS  AND  LOOK AFTER YOURSELF    *
HI JEAN,  SAW THE NEWS AND  SOME OF THOSE PLACES HAVE BEEN HAVING FLOODING AND SOME PLACES HAVE BEEN ON FIRE.   I'M SO SORRY FOR THEM.    DO YOU REMEMBER THE  TIME WHEN  THERE WAS  A LINK ON  AND WE ALL SAW THE EAGLES  FEEDING THEIR  YOUNG,  WE WATCHED THEM GROWING  AND THE PARENTS  FEEDING THE  ONES THAT  PUSHED  FOR THE FOOD. THERE WAS ONE EVERYONE  FELT SORRY FOR AS IT WAS NOT GETTING FOOD AND WE THINK IT DIED, NOT SURE ABOUT THAT.   YOU MUST HAVE  FUN WATCHING THOSE BALD EAGLES.    HAVE FUN.  NEED TO MOVE NOW.  WAS FINISHING OF MY GROCERY LIST AND THEY HAVE CHANGED THE  TIME WHEN YOU CAN STILL ADD OR MAKE CHANGES TO IT, I HAD FORGOTTEN MY YOGURT AND PUT IT DOWN WHEN THEY SAID THE TIME HAD PAST.  OH WELL MY OWN FAULT FOR NOT DOING IT SOONER.  LIZ XXXXXXX
sixtyniner

urneygirl

« Reply #23975 on: May 29, 2020, 11:56:38 PM »
HI GIRLS  I SEE YOU HAVE BEEN WATCHING THE NEWS,  IT'S VERY SAD TO SEE ALL THE DISTRUCTION DURING THIS VERY BAD TIME FOR EVERYONE. I'M SURE YOU HAVE SEEN THE VIDEO OF THE  POLICEMAN HOLDING THE POOR MAN DOWN ON THE GROUND, IT WAS HEART BREAKING TO WATCH. THE POLICEMAN HAS BEEN CHARGED WITH MURDER, I'M NOT SURE ABOUT THE OTHER POLICEMEN WHO WATCHED IT.

TRUMP WAS DOING HIS SPEACH TODAY AND HE NEVER MENTIONED IT, NOW TROUBLE HAS BROKE OUT IN NEW YORK AS IF THINGS AREN'T BAD ENOUGH :(  WHEN WILL IT END ?

ON A LIGHTER NOTE, WE HAVE HAD A WINDOW SALES MAN WITH US TODAY, WE NEED TO REPLACE A COUPLE OF WINDOWS BEFORE NEXT WINTER, WE NOTICED DRAFTS THIS YEAR SO WE'RE BEING PRO ACTIVE  :) WE WAIT WITH BATED BREATH TO FIND OUT HOW MUCH THEY WILL COST  ::)

I HAVE TO GO FOR DINNER NOW SO I HOPE YOU HAVE A GOOD EVENING  *

TO ALL OUR WEE CHUMS NEAR & FAR I HOPE YOU ARE ALL WELL, STAY SAFE  AND HAVE A GOOD  WEEKEND   **XOXO

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #23976 on: May 30, 2020, 02:00:01 PM »
HI GIRLS  I SEE YOU HAVE BEEN WATCHING THE NEWS,  IT'S VERY SAD TO SEE ALL THE DISTRUCTION DURING THIS VERY BAD TIME FOR EVERYONE. I'M SURE YOU HAVE SEEN THE VIDEO OF THE  POLICEMAN HOLDING THE POOR MAN DOWN ON THE GROUND, IT WAS HEART BREAKING TO WATCH. THE POLICEMAN HAS BEEN CHARGED WITH MURDER, I'M NOT SURE ABOUT THE OTHER POLICEMEN WHO WATCHED IT.

TRUMP WAS DOING HIS SPEACH TODAY AND HE NEVER MENTIONED IT, NOW TROUBLE HAS BROKE OUT IN NEW YORK AS IF THINGS AREN'T BAD ENOUGH :(  WHEN WILL IT END ?

ON A LIGHTER NOTE, WE HAVE HAD A WINDOW SALES MAN WITH US TODAY, WE NEED TO REPLACE A COUPLE OF WINDOWS BEFORE NEXT WINTER, WE NOTICED DRAFTS THIS YEAR SO WE'RE BEING PRO ACTIVE  :) WE WAIT WITH BATED BREATH TO FIND OUT HOW MUCH THEY WILL COST  ::)

I HAVE TO GO FOR DINNER NOW SO I HOPE YOU HAVE A GOOD EVENING  *

TO ALL OUR WEE CHUMS NEAR & FAR I HOPE YOU ARE ALL WELL, STAY SAFE  AND HAVE A GOOD  WEEKEND   **XOXO
HI RUBY,   THEY SHOWED  THAT POLICEMAN  KNEELING ON THAT POOR MAN, IT WAS AWFUL.  I SAY THE OTHER ONES SHOULD BE CHARGED AS WELL FOR STANDING THERE AND DOING NOTHING, AS FOR THE ROITING,  THEY ARE ANGRY BUT IT'S THE HOLIGANS  SR?   WHO ARE DOING THE DISTRUCTION.  THERE IS NO NEED  FOR IT.    I HOPE YOU  GET A GOOD DEAL  AND YOU SHOULD  NOW THEY ARE  GETTING BUSINESS AGAIN.  I DO KNOW  WHAT IT WAS LIKE HAVING TO REPLACE WINDOWS HA.    HAVE A GOOD WEEKEND.   AND STAY SAFE AND WELL.   THAT'S GOING OUT TO ALL OUR FRIENDS  AS WELL.   LIZ XXXXXXXXX
sixtyniner

kraftcheese

« Reply #23977 on: May 30, 2020, 04:55:17 PM »
HELLO ME HEARTIES. I'VE HAD A QUICK CATCH UP WITH THE POSTS.  I HOPE YOU'RE ALL HANGING IN THERE AND DOING OK.

LIZ, I REMEMBER THE WEBCAM WE ALL WATCHED YEARS AGO OF THE EAGLES WAY UP IN THE NEST. I THINK IT WAS GIANNINEO WHO PUT IT UP.  I REMEMBER HE LIKED HEDGEHOGS AS WELL.  HOPE YOU'VE GOT YOUR GROCERIES SORTED. IT CAN BE VERY FRUSTRATING DOING THINGS LIKE THAT ON THE COMPUTER AND THEN SOMETHING GOES WRONG.

RUBY, TWO NEW WINDIES ISN'T GOING TO BE CHEAP BUT IT'S GOT TO BE DONE.  I BET YOU AND BOBBY WILL BE MISSING YOUR BAND SOCIAL LIFE NOW IT'S WARM THERE. 

JEAN, JILLY, JOHN, JACKIE ( ALL THE JAYS 🤣 ). HOPE YOU'RE ALL KEEPING OUT OF MISCHIEF. 

I FINALLY BROKE OUT AND HIT THE SHOPS THE OTHER DAY AND TREATED MYSELF TO A NICE WEE PAIR OF EARRINGS.  ONE GOOD THING ABOUT LOCKDOWN, YOU SAVE MONEY NOT RUNNING AROUND, SO I SPLASHED OUT. 🤣😂
IT DID CHEER ME UP. 

NOTHING I CAN ADD ABOUT THE AWFUL GOINGS-ON IN THE U.S.  TOO SAD.

MUST GET MY HEAD DOWN AS IT'S 1.55 A.M.  HAVE A LOVELY SUNDAY. STAY SAFE.  SARAH XX

Omnia in finem bona sunt. Si non bona non finis est.

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #23978 on: May 31, 2020, 08:54:23 PM »

Reply #23977 on: Yesterday at 04:55:17 PM

HELLO ME HEARTIES. I'VE HAD A QUICK CATCH UP WITH THE POSTS.  I HOPE YOU'RE ALL HANGING IN THERE AND DOING OK.

LIZ, I REMEMBER THE WEBCAM WE ALL WATCHED YEARS AGO OF THE EAGLES WAY UP IN THE NEST. I THINK IT WAS GIANNINEO WHO PUT IT UP.  I REMEMBER HE LIKED HEDGEHOGS AS WELL.  HOPE YOU'VE GOT YOUR GROCERIES SORTED. IT CAN BE VERY FRUSTRATING DOING THINGS LIKE THAT ON THE COMPUTER AND THEN SOMETHING GOES WRONG.

HI SARAH, JUST ON  SINCE YESTERDAY.   HOPE YOU GOT A GOOD NIGHT'S SLEEP.   MY FRIEND  GOT MY GROCERIES FOR ME AS USUAL BUT THIS TIME SHE COULD NOT STAY, SHE ALWAYS STAYS AFTER PUTTING THEM AWAY AND WE CHAT FOR A BIT..  I'M PROUD OF YOU FOR  BUYING YOURSELF  EARRINGS, HA.   YOU DESERVE THEM. HA.  ANYWAY STAY SAFE AND KEEP WELL.  LOVE LIZ XXXXX
sixtyniner

mcd

« Reply #23979 on: June 01, 2020, 03:39:34 AM »
HELLO CHUMS  HOW ARE YOU ALL DOING ?   WE HAD A NICE VISIT FROM OUR YOUNGEST GRANDDAUGHTERS  IT

MADE  MY DAY TO SEE THEM IN PERSON       HOPEFULLY  WE WILL ALL BE  ABLE TO GET OUT AND ABOUT  SOON 

WHERE DID THE VERY COLD AIR COME FROM TODAY  IT WAS A CHILLY ONE

ISNT IT SAD TO SEE WHAT IS HAPPENING IN THE USA  GOD ONLY  KNOWS HOW IT WILL ALL END 

OUR SON MOVES INTO THE NEW HOUSE NEXT WEEKEND  HE TELLS ME  HE JUST BOUGHT A CANOE  AND HE WILL

TAKE ME OUT ON THE LAKE, I TOLD HIM  HE HAD NO CHANCE 😂😂 

SORRY 😐 THATS ABOUT ALL I HAVE  FOR YOU ,  SO TAKE CARE  KEEP SMILING  WE ARE ALMOST THERE 😘🤗

Light travels faster than sound, This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #23980 on: June 01, 2020, 04:21:39 AM »
HELLO CHUMS  HOW ARE YOU ALL DOING ?   WE HAD A NICE VISIT FROM OUR YOUNGEST GRANDDAUGHTERS  IT

MADE  MY DAY TO SEE THEM IN PERSON       HOPEFULLY  WE WILL ALL BE  ABLE TO GET OUT AND ABOUT  SOON 

WHERE DID THE VERY COLD AIR COME FROM TODAY  IT WAS A CHILLY ONE

ISNT IT SAD TO SEE WHAT IS HAPPENING IN THE USA  GOD ONLY  KNOWS HOW IT WILL ALL END 

OUR SON MOVES INTO THE NEW HOUSE NEXT WEEKEND  HE TELLS ME  HE JUST BOUGHT A CANOE  AND HE WILL

TAKE ME OUT ON THE LAKE, I TOLD HIM  HE HAD NO CHANCE 😂😂 

SORRY 😐 THATS ABOUT ALL I HAVE  FOR YOU ,  SO TAKE CARE  KEEP SMILING  WE ARE ALMOST THERE 😘🤗
HI JEAN,  HOPE YOUSE ARE KEEPING WELL.  AND YES IT WAS COLD SO I  HAD HAD MY  DOOR CLOSED AND TURNED ON THE AIR  ( MY FRIEND'S ADVICE)  SITTING HERE  TODAY I TURN OF THE AIR WHILE I'M SITTING HERE BUT I HAD TO  CLOSE THE DOOR OVER, I FORGOT TO SAY I  TURNED OF THE AIR AND OPENED THE DOOR,  WHILE SITTING HERE I GOT COLD, I KNOW,  KEPT CLOSING THE DOOR OVER  TILL ABOUT 6 INCHES.  GOT BACK INTO BED AND IT WAS STILL COLD.  SLYVIA  CALLED IN FOR A VISIT SO I GOT HER TO CLOSE THE DOOR  AND I JUST TURNED MY HEAT ON AGAIN AND IT'S STAYING ON TILL JULY HA.    GOOD LUCK TO YOUR SON AND HIS NEW HOUSE.     KEEP WELL AND STAY SAFE LOVE.  LIZ XXXXXXXX
sixtyniner

urneygirl

« Reply #23981 on: June 04, 2020, 07:49:20 PM »
HI ALL, SORRY I HAVE BEEN MISSING FOR A FEW DAYS, I HAVE BEEN GLUED TO THE TV WATCHING CNN, I CAN'T BELIEVE THE PROTESTS HAVE GONE ON SO LONG AND SO MUCH DAMAGE DONE TO PEOPLES LIVELYHOODS   :( 

YESTERDAY WE TOOK A BREAK AND WENT TO VISIT SARA FOR THE DAY AND IT TURNED OUT LOVELY, WE DID DISTANCE OURSELVES SO ALL WAS WELL.  :D

LIZ, HOW ARE YOU COPING ? IT'S NICE THAT SLYVIA DROPS IN TO VISIT YOU. THE WEATHER HAS BEEN VERY CHANGABLE BUT IT'S LOVELY TODAY SO LONG MAY IT LAST :)

IT LOOKS LIKE A LOT OF STORES ARE OPENING UP A BIT, WE HAVE ONLY BEEN GETTING A FEW WEEKLY GROCERY FLYERS BUT TODAY WE GOT A THICK BUNDLE SO THINGS ARE LOOKING UP O0

JEAN, BOBBY SHOWED ME THE LOVELY PHOTO OF THE GIRLS ON FB, I'M SURE YOU ENJOYED HAVING THEM WITH YOU.  I KNOW JUSTIN & LEAH ARE OLDER BUT I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING THEM AT THE WEEKEND, I HOPE THE WEATHER WILL BE NICE SO WE CAN HAVE A BBQ  AND STILL KEEP OUR DISTANCE. :)

SARAH WE DON'T KNOW IF THE BAND WILL EVER GET BACK TO WHERE IT WAS, IT WOULD  TAKE A LONG TIME FOR THEM TO PLAY IN SENIORS HOMES OR IN THE LEGION AGAIN, TIME WILL TELL.

WE BROUGHT IN ANOTHER WINDOW INSTALLER TO COMPARE AND HE SEEMED MORE KNOWLEDGEABLE,  WE KNOW HOW MUCH IT WILL COST UP FRONT SO WE HAVE GONE WITH HIM. THE OTHER GUY  HASN'T EVEN SENT A QUOTE YET. THE WINDOWS WILL BE INSTALLED IN A FEW WEEKS  :) :)

WELL GIRLS I'LL HAVE TO LOVE & LEAVE YOU, WE'RE GOING OUT FOR A FEW GROCERIES. TAKE CARE   :-**XOXOXOXO

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #23982 on: June 05, 2020, 08:46:32 AM »
LIZ, HOW ARE YOU COPING ? IT'S NICE THAT SLYVIA DROPS IN TO VISIT YOU. THE WEATHER HAS BEEN VERY CHANGABLE BUT IT'S LOVELY TODAY SO LONG MAY IT LAST

RUBY I'M GLAD YOU  GOT THE BEST  PRICE FOR YOUR WINDOWS.    WE HAD A  2 PAGE LETTER   SENT ROUND ABOUT THEM  DOING THE PARKING LOT ETC  SO FOR 2 DAYS  EVERYONE HAS TO  PARK ON THE ST.  I'M GLAD I DON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT THAT  .  THE  SECOND PAGE WAS ALL ABOUT SOCIAL DISTANCING  , MAKING SURE NOT TO TOUCH ANYONE,  THE USUAL STUFF.  MY HOUSE KEEPING LADY TOLD ME THEY HAVE A  NOTICE IN THE LAUNDRY ROOM SAYING EVERYONE  HAS TO  USE  THE LAUNDRY ROOM ON THEIR OWN FLOOR.  SO THEY ARE TRYING IN HERE AS WELL  EVEN THOUGH  IT'S  AN APARTMENT COMPLEX.    IT WAS NICE TO SEE SYLVIA   BUT NOW I'M BECOMING PARANOID   BECAUSE OF THE LETTER.   MY FRIEND TOLD ME NOT TO  THINK LIKE THAT.   SHE WENT FOR THE FIRST  TIME  IN A LONG TIME TO GET HER  HAIR CUT.   AND HAS MADE A STANDING  APPT.  FOR 6 WKS.   SHE ALWAYS  WENT EVERY 6 WKS  AND HAS BEEN DOING THAT FOR A LONG TIME WITH THE SAME PERSON  WHO HAS  A SET UP IN HER  HOME.   WELL  GLAD YOU GOT TO SEE SARA.   HOPE YOU GOT ALL YOUR GROCERIES.    KEEP WELL.  LIZ XXXXXX
sixtyniner

urneygirl

« Reply #23983 on: June 05, 2020, 07:13:01 PM »
HI LIZ, IT SOUNDS LIKE THERE WILL BE A LOT OF NOISE WHEN THE WORK STARTS, HOPEFULLY IT WONT LAST LONG. I CAN UNDERSTAND PEOPLE HAVING TO KEEP TO THEIR OWN FLOORS WHILE THE VIRUS IS STILL AROUND, HOPEFULLY WE WILL GET OUR LIVES BACK SOON.

WE GOT A CALL YESTERDAY FROM THE FIRST WINDOW GUY WHO CAME TO THE HOUSE, BOBBY ASKED HOW MUCH THE WINDOWS WOULD HAVE COST AND THEY WOULD HAVE BEEN DOUBLE WHAT WERE PAYING FOR THE SAME WINDOWS.  :o

HAVE YOU BEEN WATCHING CNN ? IT'S AWFUL WHAT HAPPENED TO THAT MAN BUT I THINK THE LOOTERS HAVE GONE TOO FAR, INOCENT PEOPLE SHOULDN'T HAVE LOST THEIR BUSINESS AND LIVELIHOOD, I COULD RANT ON ABOUT SOME OF THE THINGS I HAVE SEEN, BUT I WONT.  >:(

WELL LOVE I'LL GET OF MY SOAP BOX, TAKE CARE  *

TO ALL OUR WEE CHUMS NEAR & FAR I HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND, STAY SAFE   :-**

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #23984 on: June 06, 2020, 08:30:42 PM »
HI LIZ, IT SOUNDS LIKE THERE WILL BE A LOT OF NOISE WHEN THE WORK STARTS, HOPEFULLY IT WONT LAST LONG. I CAN UNDERSTAND PEOPLE HAVING TO KEEP TO THEIR OWN FLOORS WHILE THE VIRUS IS STILL AROUND, HOPEFULLY WE WILL GET OUR LIVES BACK SOON.

WE GOT A CALL YESTERDAY FROM THE FIRST WINDOW GUY WHO CAME TO THE HOUSE, BOBBY ASKED HOW MUCH THE WINDOWS WOULD HAVE COST AND THEY WOULD HAVE BEEN DOUBLE WHAT WERE PAYING FOR THE SAME WINDOWS.  :o

HAVE YOU BEEN WATCHING CNN ? IT'S AWFUL WHAT HAPPENED TO THAT MAN BUT I THINK THE LOOTERS HAVE GONE TOO FAR, INOCENT PEOPLE SHOULDN'T HAVE LOST THEIR BUSINESS AND LIVELIHOOD, I COULD RANT ON ABOUT SOME OF THE THINGS I HAVE SEEN, BUT I WONT.  >:(

WELL LOVE I'LL GET OF MY SOAP BOX, TAKE CARE  *

TO ALL OUR WEE CHUMS NEAR & FAR I HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND, STAY SAFE   :-**
OH RUBY LOVE I JUST GOT OF MINE ON ANOTHER THREAD HA.  MY FRIEND AND I  WERE ON OURS  THE OTHER DAY. I CAN'T UNDERSTAND HOW ANYONE COULD DEFEND  THESE  POLICEMEN.  THE ONE WHO KNELT ON  THE POOR MAN AND THE ONES STANDING AROUND WATCHING HIM.  THEN THERE WAS THE TWO WHO SHOVED THAT  ELDER MAN DOWN AND HE HIT HIS HEAD,  HE WAS NOT EVEN DOING ANYTHING.. I'LL GET OF MINE NOW TOO.   TAKE CARE LOVE.  LIZ XXXXXX
sixtyniner