Author Topic: CANADA TO-DAY.  (Read 1638526 times)

jillyfred

Re: CANADA TO-DAY.
« Reply #24195 on: September 18, 2020, 10:26:44 AM »
YEP ... that has also happened to me sometimes, ... so what I do to avoid that, is to write the  message in a simple word processor, and then select and copy the text, ... then if a forum message post is lost, I still have the text available and can just paste it into the intended forum message post, ... it's very quick and easy and convenient to do.
===
Thank you James for that information.

jilly

urneygirl

« Reply #24196 on: September 18, 2020, 06:42:26 PM »
HI JILLY, I HOPE ALL IS WELL WITH YOU AND THE FAMILY. WE ARE ALL HANGING IN AND NOT DOING TOO BAD SO FAR. I HAVE TO KEEP THIS SHORT, BOBBY JUST TOLD ME WE ARE GOING TO FACE TIME HIS FAMILY. TAKE CARE  :-*

JAMES, YOU GAVE ME THAT INFORMATION AWHILE AGO AND I NEVER REMEMBER IT :D THANKS AGAIN FOR THE INFO :-*

mcd

« Reply #24197 on: September 20, 2020, 02:50:48 AM »
HELLO ALL , HOPE ALL IS WELL IN YOUR CORNER OF THE WORLD .

IS EVERYONE STILL HANGING IN  ?

IT WAS VERY ANNOYING TO HEAR ONTARIO IS ON THE RISE AGAIN  SEEMS TO BE THE YOUNGER ONES MOSTLY   CAUSING  IT

SPENT HALF OF THE DAY PEELING AND COOKING APPLES  FOR PIES LATER ON

THERE IS A BAKERY IN TOWN  WHERE I BUY MY PASTRY DOUGH  HANDY FOR PIES

THE WEATHER  IS SUPPOSED TO BE GOOD FOR THE NEXT FEW DAYS

SORRY I DON,T HAVE ANY BIZ TO SHARE       I HOPE YOU ALL ARE TAKING CARE OF YOURSELVES AND

STAYING HEALTHY   CHEERIO 🤗 🤗
Light travels faster than sound, This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

urneygirl

« Reply #24198 on: September 21, 2020, 06:50:04 PM »
HI ALL I HOPE YOU ALL HAD A GOOD WEEKEND. XOXO

HI JEAN, IT IS LOVELY THIS MORNING, I'M SITTING BESIDE AN OPEN WINDOW AND IT FEEL LIKE SUMMER, I KNOW THAT WON'T LAST  :D

HAVE YOU ANY PLANS TO GO TO YOUR SON'S COTTAGE SOON ? SARA WANT'S US BACK TO SEE THE FALL COLOURS BUT I DON'T WANT TO GO TOO EARLY.
WE GOT CAUGHT LAST YEAR WHEN WE WENT TO LAKE PLACID THE END OF SEPTEMBER AND THE COLOURS WERE NOT THAT GOOD. DRIVING BACK INTO KINGSTON THE TREES WERE BEAUTIFUL THE WHOLE WAY HOME. SO WHEN MADAM GIVES THE WORD WE WILL BE THERE  :D

I HOPE THE POLICE ARE ABLE TO SHUT DOWN THE ANTICS OF THOSE WHO ARE BREAKING THE LAW, YOU WOULD THINK UNI STUDENTS WOULD HAVE THE BRAINS TO REMEMBER WHAT'S GOING ON IN THE WORLD AND THE DANGER TO THEIR OWN FAMILIES. I'LL SAY NO MORE :D

LIZ, HOW WAS YOUR WEEKEND ? WILL YOU BE ABLE TO JOIN YOUR FRIENDS IN THE COMMON ROOM THIS WEEK ? I'M SURE YOU WILL GET A LOT OF GOSSIP ABOUT THE ONES NOT WEARING A MASKS :D. I HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO WATCH CORRIE THE PAST COUPLE OF EPISODES ( BEEN BUSY WATCHING NETFLIX )  BUT I'LL WATCH ALL THE EPISODES TONIGHT.  :)  I'M GOING TO LISTEN TO WHAT DOUG FORD  HAS TO SAY, WITH A CUP OF TEA AND A BISCUIT.  :-*

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #24199 on: September 22, 2020, 03:54:41 AM »
HI GUYS,  I WAS WONDERING WHY I  HAD NOT GOT ANY POSTS FROM  CTD AND WENT BACK TO CHECK.  SURE ENOUGH  YOUSE HAD POSTED BUT I  NEVER GOT THEM.  WELL I'M LATE  BUT I KNOW YOU WILL FOR GIVE ME :D    THE COMMON ROOM WAS SUPPOSED TO BE OPENED TODAY SO I HAVE NOT HEARD YET.  I DON'T GO DOWNSTAIRS TO  SIT ANYMORE.  NO POINT.  NO ONE DOES IT NOW .   MY FRIEND  PICKED UP MY GROCERIES TODAY FOR ME.  I COULD NOT WAIT.  I HAD NO BREAD AND  MISSED MY BREAD SO MUCH HA.   SHE BROUGHT ME A BIG MAC COMBO.  I REALLY ENJOYED IT.  IT'S GETTING  REALLY COOL AT NIGHT NOW AND IN THE MORNING.  MY FRIEND ALWAYS CALLS ME NOW ON HER WAY TO THE MALL.  I THINK I TOLD YOU SHE AND HER FRIENDS ARE BACK MALL WALKING AND SHE  IS SO GLAD.   WHEN FIRST STARTING OUT I THOUGHT DOUG FORD WAS JUST  ANOTHER ONE LIKE HIS BROTHER BUT I HAVE TO SAY, HE'S DOING A GOOD JOB SO FAR.  JUST MY OPINION.   I COULD NOT UNDERSTAND  WHY THOSE COPS  DID NOT MAKE ANY ARESTS  AT THAT  CAR MEET AND  ALL THOSE STUPID PEOPLE, IT SHOWED SOME WITH SMALL CHILDREN.  >:D   THEY SAID THERE WERE TOO MANY PEOPLE BUT I WOULD HAVE  GRABBED  AS MANY AS I COULD  AS A LOT OF THEM MADE A BEE LINE FOR THEIR CARS  .  NOW YOU KNOW WHY  THE VIRUS IS NOT GOING DOWN AS FAST AS IT SHOULD BE.  SORRY I'VE GONE ON.  ANYWAY I HOPE YOU AND YOUR FAMILIES  ARE STAYING WELL AND KEEPING SAFE.   LIZ    *
sixtyniner

jillyfred

« Reply #24200 on: September 24, 2020, 02:08:30 PM »
HI JILLY, I HOPE ALL IS WELL WITH YOU AND THE FAMILY. WE ARE ALL HANGING IN AND NOT DOING TOO BAD.

===
ALL IS FINE WITH ME AND MINE-THANK YOU FOR ASKING RUBY.

ENJOYING AS ALWAYS READING THE CANADA THREAD.

BEST WISHES TO YOU,BOBBY,SARAH,JEAN,LIZ AND JACKIE.

LOVE
JILLYXO

urneygirl

« Reply #24201 on: September 24, 2020, 04:36:03 PM »
HI CHUMS, I HOPE EVERYONE IS WELL, IT HAS BEEN A QUIET FOR A FEW DAYS .  :-* :-*

LIZ, I'M GLAD TO HEAR YOU HAVE FOUND YOUR MESSAGES. :) NOT MUCH GOING ON HERE.  I WAS LISTENING TO THE NEWS THIS MORNING AND THERE MAY BE MORE RESTRICTIONS FOR FAMILIES GETTING TOGETHER FOR THANKSGIVING. LIKE A LOT OF PEOPLE I HAVE MY TURKEY BUT WE MAY HAVE TO KEEP IT FOR CHRISTMAS :( 

KAREN IS A PSW IN A SENIOR'S RESIDENCE AND SHE HAS TO BE VERY CAREFUL KEEPING HER DISTANCE EVEN FROM US. GOODNESS KNOWS WHEN IT WILL END.

ON A BRIGHTER NOTE, THE SUN IS SHINING AND PEOPLE ARE STILL GARDENING, WHAT MORE COULD WE ASK FOR  :)

JILLY, I'M GLAD TO HEAR ALL IS WELL WITH YOU AND THE FAMILY, ARE YOU STILL GETTING TO SEE YOUR FAMILY OR ARE THERE RESTRICTIONS ?   

mcd

« Reply #24202 on: September 25, 2020, 01:19:06 AM »
JUST CHECKING IN  MAKING SURE YOUR ALL HANGING IN 

WENT TO COSTCO THIS MORNING AND  GUESS WHAT PAPER PRODUCTS ARE AGAIN IN SHORT SUPPLY 

WE WERE THERE AROUND 10 ISH AND THERE WAS NONE TO BE HAD 

JUST HAVE TO SOLDIER ON AND MAKE THE. BEST Of IT

SOME LOVELY SUNSETS THIS PAST FEW NIGHTS

DID YOU SEE THAT MAN WITH THE BIG MOUTH IS AT IT AGAIN  WHAT A EMBARRASSMENT TO THE DECENT PEOPLE OF THAT COUNTRY

HOPE ALL IS WELL ON YOUR CORNER OF THE WORLD  🌎   

TAKE IT EASY HUGS 🤗  🤗
Light travels faster than sound, This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

urneygirl

« Reply #24203 on: September 25, 2020, 05:54:01 PM »
HI ALL, I HOPE EVERYONE IS WELL.

JEAN, I HOPE WE DON'T GET A TOILET ROLL SHORTAGE AGAIN, DO YOU REMEMBER THE LAST TIME PEOPLE WERE FIGHTING FOR IT IN THE STORES  :D

I HAVE BEEN IN COSTCO WHEN IT WAS ON SALE,  WE HAD JUST TURNED A CORNER  AND COULDN'T BELIEVE WHAT ALL THE COMMOTION WAS UNTIL I SAW THE HUGE PACKS OF TOILET ROLLS GETTING DRAGGED INTO THE BUGGIES. :D THEY MUST HAVE BEEN A GOOD PRICE  :)

THE SUN IS SHINING TODAY AND WE DIDN'T GET THE RAIN THAT WAS PREDICTED FOR LAST NIGHT, BOBBY WAS HOPING THE LAWN WOULD GET A GOOD SOAKING SO HE WOULDN'T HAVE TO GET THE HOSE OUT ::)

LIZ, I HOPE ALL IS WELL WITH YOU , I'LL CHECK BACK LATER.

TO ALL OUR OTHER WEE CHUMS NEAR & FAR WE HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GOOD WEEKEND, STAY SAFE  XOXOXOXO

mcd

« Reply #24204 on: September 26, 2020, 02:58:18 AM »
WHERE IS OUR LIZ ??? MUST NOT  BE GETTING NOTIFICATIONS AGAIN

NOT ALOT GOING ON EXCEPT FOR THE VIRUS EVEN THOUGH WE CAN GO TO A RESTAURANT AND TIMS FOR

A COFFEE IT Just NOT THE SAME  I GUESS IT NEVER WILL SO WE WILL JUST HAVE TO GET

ON WITH IT 

THE COLOUR ARE STARTING TO LOOK GOOD  ESPECIALLY ALONG THE BACK ROADS 

GOING TO SAY GOODNIGHT  HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GOOD NIGHT  .

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #24205 on: September 26, 2020, 03:45:41 AM »
RUBY AND JEAN, I DON'T KNOW WHAT'S WRONG, I THOUGHT I HAD  SENT A POST IN TO CTD BUT I DON'T SEE IT.     I'M AM  GETTING NERVOUS AGAIN ABOUT THESE SHORTAGES AGAIN.  FOR REASONS TO LONG TO GO INTO. I JUST  DID A LIST FOR 2 WKS  AND MY FRIEND  WOULD DO THE 4 NEXT TIME BUT I WAS  GOING TO GET TOILET PAPER  AND PAPER TOWELS  AT THE END OF THE 2 WKS.   :-\     MY FRIENDS ARE GOING UP HUNTSVILLE NEXT WK WITH  A FEW OTHER COUPLES  FOR A LONG WK END.  I HOPE THE COLOURS  STAY TILL THEN.  MY HOUSEKEEPING LADY , CHRISTINA , SAYS WHERE HER DAUGHTERS LIVE THE COLOURS ARE ALL OUT AND THEY ARE BEAUTIFUL.  WELL I HAVE SAD NEWS,  MY OLD FRIEND PASSED AWAY THIS MORNING.   IF YOU REMEMBER HER HUSBAND PASSED A FEW WKS AGO.    I'M GOING TO FIND IT VERY HARD   NOT TO BE ABLE TO TALK TO HER, OR EVEN THINK SHE'S NOT HERE ANYMORE,  THIS IS ME BEING SELFISH AS SHE IS IN A BETTER PLACE AND WITH HER HUSBAND NOW.   GUESS WHAT I HAVE  MY DOOR STILL OPEN HA.   THE NEXT FEW DAYS ARE  GOING TO BE LOVELY AS WELL.  YEAH.   WELL GIRLS I HOPE YOU  AND YOUR FAMILIES ARE ALL DOING WELL AND WITH ALL OUR OTHER FRIENDS ON HER AND OVER THE POND.   KEEP WELL AND STAY SAFE.  LIZ :-* :-*
sixtyniner

urneygirl

« Reply #24206 on: September 28, 2020, 09:31:50 PM »
HI LIZ,

I'M VERY SORRY TO HEAR YOUR FRIEND PASSED AWAY, I KNOW YOU WILL MISS HER BUT SHE'S NOT IN ANY PAIN NOW.  :(

IT MUST BE VERY HARD ON HER SONS,  ARE THEY STILL IN QUARANTINE ?

WE WENT TO SARA'S FOR A COUPLE OF DAYS, SHE WANTED US TO SEE THE CHANGING COLOURS AND THE DRIVE WAS BEAUTIFUL.
HER HOUSE IS BY THE RIVER AND THE REFLECTION OF THE TREES SHOWED UP IN THE RIVER, IT WAS LOVELY.

WE HAD A FIRE AFTER DINNER AND IT WASN'T COLD SO WE DIDN'T NEED BLANKETS THIS TIME :D

I HOPE YOUR COMPUTER ISN'T GIVING YOU MORE TROUBLE, IF SO YOU MAY HAVE TO GET IT CHECKED OUT RATHER THAN TRYING TO PUT UP WITH IT. I KNOW IT'S NOT THAT OLD SO IT MAYBE SOMETHING EASY THAT CAN BE FIXED.  :-*

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #24207 on: September 29, 2020, 06:19:34 AM »
HI LIZ,

I'M VERY SORRY TO HEAR YOUR FRIEND PASSED AWAY, I KNOW YOU WILL MISS HER BUT SHE'S NOT IN ANY PAIN NOW.  :(

IT MUST BE VERY HARD ON HER SONS,  ARE THEY STILL IN QUARANTINE ?

WE WENT TO SARA'S FOR A COUPLE OF DAYS, SHE WANTED US TO SEE THE CHANGING COLOURS AND THE DRIVE WAS BEAUTIFUL.
HER HOUSE IS BY THE RIVER AND THE REFLECTION OF THE TREES SHOWED UP IN THE RIVER, IT WAS LOVELY.

WE HAD A FIRE AFTER DINNER AND IT WASN'T COLD SO WE DIDN'T NEED BLANKETS THIS TIME :D

I HOPE YOUR COMPUTER ISN'T GIVING YOU MORE TROUBLE, IF SO YOU MAY HAVE TO GET IT CHECKED OUT RATHER THAN TRYING TO PUT UP WITH IT. I KNOW IT'S NOT THAT OLD SO IT MAYBE SOMETHING EASY THAT CAN BE FIXED.  :-*
HI RUBY,  THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONDOLENCES.   SHE'S WITH DAVID NOW.  I WILL MISS HER VERY MUCH AND HAVE TO GET USE TO THE FACT SHE'S NOT  HERE ANYMORE.   HER TWO SONS  ARE OUT OF QUARANTINE. THE FIRST ONE CAME FROM SPAIN  WAY BEFORE THE OTHER ONE AND WHEN HE DID COME  EVERYONE WAS HOPING  HE WOULD BE OUT OF ISOLATION BEFORE  BRIDGET  PASSED AND HE WAS, SO HE SAW HIS MOTHER.   I BET THE  COLOURS WERE BEAUTIFUL, SO FAR  WE'VE BEEN HAVING LOVELY WEATHER  GETTING A BIT COOLER AT NIGHT AGAIN BUT  IT'S  THE END OF SEP.  HA. TALKING TO MY SISTER  ON SUNDAY AND SHE SAID IT WAS STILL LOVELY THERE.  HER  G.DAUGHTER  STARTED UNNIVERSITY  LAST WK AND LOVES IT.  SHE IS GOING TO QUEENS.   THERE IS NO PROBLEMS   WITH COMING OR GOING.   MY FRIENDS ARE GOING UP TO HUNTSVILLE  THE END OF THE WK SO THEY SHOULD  SEE ALL THE COLOURS.  I MIGHT HAVE  TOLD YOU THAT BEFORE.  ::) AS FOR MY COMPUTER,  I THINK I'M JUST LAZY ABOUT GETTING THINGS DONE,  I PUT UP WITH THEM  UNTIL I CAN'T AND THEN DO SOMETHING HA.  WELL LOVE  IT'S  PRETTY LATE AND I'M SURE YOU'RE IN BED  SLEEPING SO  KEEP WELL AND STAY SAFE.  LIZ  :-* [size=78%]   [/size]
sixtyniner

urneygirl

« Reply #24208 on: September 29, 2020, 09:52:44 PM »
HI LIZ, I'M GLAD TO HEAR BRIDGET'S SON'S GOT TO SEE THEIR MOTHER AND SHE KNEW THEY WERE THERE  :(

WE GOT BAD NEWS THIS MORNING FROM HOME, A FAMILY FRIEND HAS BEEN TAKEN INTO HOSPITIAL WITH POSITIVE COVID AND IT DOSEN'T SOUND VERY GOOD.
SHE WAS OUT SHOPPING WITH MY SISTER IN LAW AND HER SISTER ON SATURDAY, HER SON WENT TO VISIT HER ON SUNDAY AND SAW SHE WASN'T WELL SO HE GOT HER TO THE HOSPITAL. MY SISTER IN LAW AND HER SISTER HAD TO GO FOR TESTING THIS MORNING SO WE'RE WAITING FOR THE RESULTS.

THIS VIRUS ISN'T GOING AWAY ANYTIME SOON AND THE BRAVE IDIOTS DON'T THINK THEY CAN GET IT. ::)

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #24209 on: September 30, 2020, 08:50:32 AM »
HI LIZ, I'M GLAD TO HEAR BRIDGET'S SON'S GOT TO SEE THEIR MOTHER AND SHE KNEW THEY WERE THERE  :(

WE GOT BAD NEWS THIS MORNING FROM HOME, A FAMILY FRIEND HAS BEEN TAKEN INTO HOSPITIAL WITH POSITIVE COVID AND IT DOSEN'T SOUND VERY GOOD.
SHE WAS OUT SHOPPING WITH MY SISTER IN LAW AND HER SISTER ON SATURDAY, HER SON WENT TO VISIT HER ON SUNDAY AND SAW SHE WASN'T WELL SO HE GOT HER TO THE HOSPITAL. MY SISTER IN LAW AND HER SISTER HAD TO GO FOR TESTING THIS MORNING SO WE'RE WAITING FOR THE RESULTS.

THIS VIRUS ISN'T GOING AWAY ANYTIME SOON AND THE BRAVE IDIOTS DON'T THINK THEY CAN GET IT. ::)
RUBY I AM SO SORRY TO HEAR  ABOUT YOUR FAMILY FRIEND.   THEY KEPT TALKING ABOUT A SECOND OUTBREAK AND I THINK IT'S STARTED.  I WATCH CHCH IN THE MORNING AND THEY GIVE ALL THE UPDATES  AND I CAN SEE  WHERE IT'S GOING UP ETC AND THOSE PEOPLE  WHO DON'T KEEP TO THE RULES ARE  SPREADING IT AGAIN.  IT TAKES JUST ONE.  ENOUGH FOR NOW.   I REALLY HOPE IT'S GOOD NEWS  FOR YOUR SIL   AND HER SISTER.    WELL LOVE IT'S   NEAR  4am SO I'LL BE OF TO BED AGAIN.    KEEP WELL AND STAY SAFE.   LIZ    :-*
sixtyniner