Author Topic: CANADA TO-DAY.  (Read 1638509 times)

JohnKelly

Re: CANADA TO-DAY.
« Reply #24210 on: September 30, 2020, 10:51:48 AM »
(Truncated Message)

WENT TO COSTCO THIS MORNING AND  GUESS WHAT PAPER PRODUCTS ARE AGAIN IN SHORT SUPPLY

On the subject of Costco, my wife is an avid shopper at Costco, particularly with the value of the 20kg bags of quality dried dog food and while she's there she buys the usual groceries in bulk.

I went with her a few times and the items they have there is awesome, they even sell coffins!

Her membership fee is A$60 per year and they have agreed to reduce next years membership fee given that we are in lock-down and are unable to travel beyond 5 kilometers due to the CV Restrictions.

https://www.costco.com.au/warehouse-products-services

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #24211 on: September 30, 2020, 07:27:26 PM »
On the subject of Costco, my wife is an avid shopper at Costco, particularly with the value of the 20kg bags of quality dried dog food and while she's there she buys the usual groceries in bulk.

I went with her a few times and the items they have there is awesome, they even sell coffins!

Her membership fee is A$60 per year and they have agreed to reduce next years membership fee given that we are in lock-down and are unable to travel beyond 5 kilometers due to the CV Restrictions.

HI JK, I LOVE OR LOVED COSTCO AND  MY DAUGHTER AND I WENT INTO PARTNERS  AS SHE  SHOPPED THERE A LOT.   I COULD HAVE SPENT A WHOLE DAY IN THERE GOING UP AND DOWN THE ISLES ON MY ELECTRIC  CART  :D   THE ISLES  WHERE THEY HAD STUFF MARKED DOWN BUT  YOU WOULD NOT KNOW UNLESS YOU  WENT DOWN IT.  I HAD ONE PROBLEM ,  THEY NEVER HAD  SIGNS  TELLING YOU  WHAT WAS IN THE ISLES.  AND SOMETIMES THEY MOVED STUFF AND YOU HAD TO LOOK FOR IT.    I AGREE  WITH THE PRICES,  I THINK MY FAV. WAS THE  HOT CHICKENS.    I TRIED OTHER STORES BUT THEY NEVER TASTED THE SAME. GOD I ALWAYS  END UP TALKING ABOUT FOOD AND MY DINNER JUST RANG FROM THE MICRO HA.  WELL I NEED TO GO AND EAT SO KEEP WELL AND STAY SAFE JK.   LIZ  :-*
sixtyniner

mcd

« Reply #24212 on: September 30, 2020, 09:38:26 PM »
HELLO GANG ,
RUBY , LIZ SORRY  TO HEAR YOU BOTH LOST A FRIEND LATELY  IT IS SCARY TIMES WE ARE FACING

WE JUST MET THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE BOUGHT THE HOUSE BESIDE US YESTERDAY , WE WERE WORKING IN THE THE GARDEN YESTERDAY AND  I COULD HEAR PEOPLE TALKING BUT COULDN'T SEE ANYONE , AND I SAID TO THE OTHER FELLA “ITHINK I HEAR A. BACK HOME ACCENT ,   SO I LOOKED UP AND TWO LADIES WERE WALKING TOWARDS US  AND I SAID “DID I HEAR A BELFAST ACCENT “    YES YOU DID  INDEED SHE SAID   SO WE CHATTED AWAY FOR A GOOD WHILE  JUST LIKE WE DO . ITHINK MAYBE OUR OLD NEIGHBOR,S TOLD THEM .

WELL THERES CERTAINLY A COOLNESS IN THE AIR THESE DAYS  BUT THE COLOURS HERE ARE BEAUTIFUL  STILL NICE TO SIT OUT AS LONG AS YOUR HOPPED UP . 

I WILL LOOK 👀 IN LATER
Light travels faster than sound, This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

mcd

« Reply #24213 on: October 01, 2020, 12:49:02 AM »

Hello John, THE  COSTCO WE GO TO IS SO BUSY ITS LIKE   ARMY OF ANTS 🐜  ALL GOING IN DIFFERENT DIRECTIONS  HEVEN FORBID IF YOUR HEADING TOWARDS THE PAPER PRODUCTS YOUR TAKING YOUR LIFE IN YOUR HAND  LOL 😂   I AM NOT A SHOPPER I LIKE TO GET ON AND OUT  FAST AS I CAN  . I DID ASK ONE LADY WERE SHE FOUND THE PAPER PRODUCTS 

HER ANSWER WAS  “ OH THEY ARE LONG GONE I HAVE BEEN HERE OVER A HOUR AND PICKED THEM UP AS SOON AS I GOT IN  😲 CRAZY EH   I THINK I AM JUST GOING TO GET OUR DAUGHTER TO PICK THEM UP  SHE IS A ESSENTIAL WORKER  AND SHE IS YOUNGER AND FITTER 😂😂

HOPE YOU AND YOUR FAMILY ARE STAYING  SAFE  WE ARE IN THE SECOND PHASE NOW   SO WE DECIDED NOT TO HAVE THE FAMILY TOGETHER FOR THANKSGIVING 

TAKE CARE  HVE A GOOD DAY
Light travels faster than sound, This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

urneygirl

« Reply #24214 on: October 01, 2020, 05:09:24 PM »
HI JEAN & LIZ

OUR FAMILY FRIEND IS STILL ON A VENTILATER AND HER HUSBAND HAS CHECKED POSITIVE FOR THE VIRUS :( MY BROTHER, HIS WIFE, HER SISTER AND HUSBAND  ALL TESTED NEGITIVE THANK GOODNESS. OUR FRIENDS DAUGHTER IN LAW HAS ASKED IF SHE CAN TAKE CARE OF HIM ( THEY LIVE CLOSE BY ) MY NIECE IS KEEPING US INFORMED.

NOT MUCH GOING ON HERE TODAY, WE'RE GOING TO GET OUR HAIRS CUT AND PICK UP A FEW GROCERIES, I'LL CHECK BACK LATER.  :-**

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #24215 on: October 01, 2020, 07:02:15 PM »
THANKS  JEAN AND RUBY, FOR YOUR GOOD THOUGHTS,   I KNOW MY FRIEND IS  IN A BETTER PLACE.  RUBY  I'M SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR FRIEND 'S HUSBAND AND I'LL SAY A WEE PRAYER FOR THEM ALL.  I  HOPE ALL GOES WELL FOR THEM AND I'M SURE IT WILL,  MY SISTER'S  DAUGHTER'S FAMILY ARE OK NOW  SO I HOPE YOUR FRIEND'S FAMILY WILL BE TOO.  I BET THE NEIGHBOUR HOOD WILL THINK THEY ARE BEING  INVADED  WHEN THEY HEAR ALL THE ACENTS HA.  BUT WHAT A LOVELY  SURPRISE  SO NOW YOU CAN TALK OVER THE HEDGE.   MY FRIENDS LEFT THIS MORNING  AND I BET  THE COLOURS ARE BEAUTIFUL UP THERE NOW, HUNTSVILLE.   I HOPE THE WEATHER STAYS NICE FOR THEM.   MY FRIEND  DROVE  MY OTHER FRIEND DOWN TO NIAGRA FALLS YESTERDAY, WED,  THERE IS A SHOP THERE  THAT SELL WALKERS ETC,   SECOND HAND BUT IN GOOD CONDITION,   THEY WENT ONE TIME BEFORE AND SHE COULD NOT GET ONE LIKE HER OWN,  WHEN SHE MOVES INTO  HER RETIREMENT HOME SHE WANTS  ONE FOR HER APT. AND ONE TO LEAVE IN HER CAR  AND YESTERDAY SHE GOT ONE,  IT'S LIKE BRAND NEW AND WAS NOT EXPENSIVE.   I MISS COSTCO  BUT HEY THAT'S  THE BREAKS AS THEY SAY HA.   WATCHING CH EVERY MORNING I CAN SEE THE FIGURES GOING UP  AND I'M  VERY WORRIED THAT THOSE PEOPLE ARE NOT TAKING THIS SERIOUSLY .  WELL I HOPE YOU ARE DOING WELL, SO KEEP WELL AND STAY SAFE.  LIZ   :-*
sixtyniner

urneygirl

« Reply #24216 on: October 01, 2020, 09:29:19 PM »
HI LIZ, I'M GLAD TO HEAR YOUR FAMILY AT HOME ARE DOING WELL. :)

TORONTO AND SURROUNDING AREAS HAVE A RISE IN THE VIRUS NUMBERS TODAY,  IT WAS PREDICTED THIS WOULD HAPPEN, SO HOPEFULLY PEOPLE WILL TAKE IT SERIOUSLY AND THE NUMBERS WILL GO DOWN AGAIN.

JEAN, IT'S NICE YOU HAVE NEIGHBOURS FROM HOME, I'M SURE YOU WILL BOTH HAVE LOTS TO TALK ABOUT :)

BOBBY'S WATCHING A SOCCER GAME AND WHEN IT'S OVER WE'RE GOING OUT FOR SOME GROCERIES, I'LL CHECK BACK LATER.

urneygirl

« Reply #24217 on: October 02, 2020, 10:48:49 PM »
HI ALL

TO ALL OUR CHUMS NEAR & FAR I HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND, STAY SAFE XOXOXO

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #24218 on: October 03, 2020, 12:10:17 AM »
HI LIZ, I'M GLAD TO HEAR YOUR FAMILY AT HOME ARE DOING WELL. :)

TORONTO AND SURROUNDING AREAS HAVE A RISE IN THE VIRUS NUMBERS TODAY,  IT WAS PREDICTED THIS WOULD HAPPEN, SO HOPEFULLY PEOPLE WILL TAKE IT SERIOUSLY AND THE NUMBERS WILL GO DOWN AGAIN.

JEAN, IT'S NICE YOU HAVE NEIGHBOURS FROM HOME, I'M SURE YOU WILL BOTH HAVE LOTS TO TALK ABOUT :)

BOBBY'S WATCHING A SOCCER GAME AND WHEN IT'S OVER WE'RE GOING OUT FOR SOME GROCERIES, I'LL CHECK BACK LATER.
HI RUBY, HOPE  YOU HAD FUN SHOPPING HA.   IT'S GOING UP  HERE AS WELL. I CAN SEE THE #s  GOING UP  EVERY MORNING ON CHCH.   I AM WORRIED  THAT PEOPLE   WON'T TAKE IT  SERIOUSLY AS THEY SHOULD BUT  WHAT ELSE CAN WE DO,   JUST HOPE THEY FINE THESE PEOPLE  HARD  AND FOLLOW  UP WITH DOING IT.  DON'T YOU EVER GET SICK  OF ALL THIS, ??? [size=78%]   SOMETIMES YOU JUST WANT TO DO SOMETHING AND  REMEMBER  YOU CAN'T.  I'VE BEEN TRYING TO WATCH THE TENNIS BUT  CAN'T GET INTO IT.   OH WELL IF THAT'S ALL I HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT, I'M  LUCKY.  [/size] :-*   I HOPE  ALL OUR FRIENDS ARE  KEEPING WELL.    KEEP WELL AND STAY SAFE LOVE.   LIZ :-*
sixtyniner

kraftcheese

« Reply #24219 on: October 03, 2020, 11:50:38 AM »
HI ALL

TO ALL OUR CHUMS NEAR & FAR I HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND, STAY SAFE XOXOXO

THANKS RUBY.  SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR FRIEND AND HOPE THINGS IMPROVE. IT'S BEEN ONE HELL OF A YEAR. XX

LIZ HOPE YOU'RE DOING OK.  IS IT STILL MILD THERE?  WARMING UP HERE BUT STILL UP AND DOWN. NOT COMPLAINING THOUGH. XX

JEAN HOPE YOU AND YOUR NEW NEIGHBOURS HAVE A HAPPY FRIENDSHIP. XX

JOHN KELLY, JILLY AND ALL OF OUR PALS, TAKE GOOD CARE OF YOURSELVES.  XX
Omnia in finem bona sunt. Si non bona non finis est.

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #24220 on: October 03, 2020, 07:59:41 PM »
THANKS RUBY.  SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR FRIEND AND HOPE THINGS IMPROVE. IT'S BEEN ONE HELL OF A YEAR. XX

LIZ HOPE YOU'RE DOING OK.  IS IT STILL MILD THERE?  WARMING UP HERE BUT STILL UP AND DOWN. NOT COMPLAINING THOUGH. XX

JEAN HOPE YOU AND YOUR NEW NEIGHBOURS HAVE A HAPPY FRIENDSHIP. XX

JOHN KELLY, JILLY AND ALL OF OUR PALS, TAKE GOOD CARE OF YOURSELVES.  XX
HI SARAH, YOU  SAY SO MUCH IN SO FEW WORDS, IT'S A COMPLIMENT,  I WOULD TAKE  3 TIMES AS MANY TO SAY THE SAME THING.  HA.  ANYWAY I'M GLAD  IT'S WARMING UP  THERE,  IT'S THE OPISIT HERE,  THE NIGHTS ARE GETTING REALLY COOL AND THE DAYS ARE UP AND DOWN  BUT IT'S  OCT NOW, REMEMBER SAYING THE SAME THING IN SEP.  HA.  WE ARE HAVING AN  UP DRAFT OF THE VIRUS AND PEOPLE GETTING IT.   THEY WON'T STAY HOME,  STOP GOING TO PARTIES ETC  AND THEN EVERYONE ELSE IS GETTING IT.  I HOPE YOU AND YOUR FAMILY ARE KEEPING WELL .  AGAIN, KEEP WELL AND STAY SAFE.   LIZ   :-* :-* 
sixtyniner

urneygirl

« Reply #24221 on: October 04, 2020, 05:19:46 PM »
HI GIRLS   *

WE HAVEN'T HAD ANY MORE NEWS ABOUT OUR FRIENDS BACK HOME SO WE'RE GOING TO CALL MY NIECE FOR AN UPDATE.

I HOPE EVERYONE IS KEEPING WELL AND NOT CLIMBING THE WALLS :D WE HAVE BEEN GLUED TO CNN AND CAN'T BELIEVE THE AMOUNT OF PEOPLE IN TRUMPS CORNER WHO HAVE HELPED SPREAD THE VIRUS BY NOT WEARING A MASK, AND WALKING AROUND HUGGING AND SHAKING HANDS WITH EVERYONE. THESE PEOPLE ARE SUPPOSED TO BE INTELLIGENT AND THEY SHOULD KNOW THE RISKS.   MY RANT IS OVER  :D

JUSTIN WAS GOING TO COME AND HELP PUT THE GARDEN FURNITURE AWAY BUT IT'S TOO DAMP AND IT LOOKS LIKE RAIN, SO IT'S OFF FOR AN OTHER DAY.

THANKSGIVING IS GOING TO BE DIFFERENT THIS YEAR, I DON'T THINK WE CAN EXPECT THE FAMILY TO TAKE CHANCES COMING TO US, THEY ALL HAVE JOBS DEALING WITH OTHER PEOPLE.  IF IT DOES NOT WORK OUT WE HAVE BEEN PROACTIVE, WE BOUGHT A CHICKEN THAT I CAN STUFF AND A HAM I CAN COOK. :D

I HAVE A LOT OF CORRIE TO WATCH TONIGHT, I THINK I HAVE ABOUT 7 OR 8 EPISODES   :o

TAKE CARE EVERYONE, I'M GOING FOR A COFFEE  :-**

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #24222 on: October 06, 2020, 05:54:29 PM »
HI GIRLS   *

WE HAVEN'T HAD ANY MORE NEWS ABOUT OUR FRIENDS BACK HOME SO WE'RE GOING TO CALL MY NIECE FOR AN UPDATE.

I HOPE EVERYONE IS KEEPING WELL AND NOT CLIMBING THE WALLS :D WE HAVE BEEN GLUED TO CNN AND CAN'T BELIEVE THE AMOUNT OF PEOPLE IN TRUMPS CORNER WHO HAVE HELPED SPREAD THE VIRUS BY NOT WEARING A MASK, AND WALKING AROUND HUGGING AND SHAKING HANDS WITH EVERYONE. THESE PEOPLE ARE SUPPOSED TO BE INTELLIGENT AND THEY SHOULD KNOW THE RISKS.   MY RANT IS OVER  :D

JUSTIN WAS GOING TO COME AND HELP PUT THE GARDEN FURNITURE AWAY BUT IT'S TOO DAMP AND IT LOOKS LIKE RAIN, SO IT'S OFF FOR AN OTHER DAY.

THANKSGIVING IS GOING TO BE DIFFERENT THIS YEAR, I DON'T THINK WE CAN EXPECT THE FAMILY TO TAKE CHANCES COMING TO US, THEY ALL HAVE JOBS DEALING WITH OTHER PEOPLE.  IF IT DOES NOT WORK OUT WE HAVE BEEN PROACTIVE, WE BOUGHT A CHICKEN THAT I CAN STUFF AND A HAM I CAN COOK. :D

I HAVE A LOT OF CORRIE TO WATCH TONIGHT, I THINK I HAVE ABOUT 7 OR 8 EPISODES   :o
TAKE CARE EVERYONE, I'M GOING FOR A COFFEE  :-* *
HI RUBY,  I THINK IT'S GOING TO BE THE SAME FOR MOST PEOPLE   THIS YR. BUT AT LEAST YOU HAVE BOBBY THERE HA.   MY FRIEND WHO WAS MOVING INTO A RETIRING HOME  NEXT WK.  HAS BEEN TOLD SHE CAN'T DO IT NOW AS THERE IS AN OUTBREAK.  SHE'S UPSET AS SHE HAD IT  IN HER MIND ABOUT MOVING ETC.   I SAW IT ON THE CHCH THIS MORNING  ABOUT THE  HOME AND TWO OF IT'S  RESIDENTS HAVE DIED.  SHE TOLD ME THIS MORNING THAT  THEY HAD BEEN SICK AND GONE TO THE HOSPITAL AND CAME HOME WITH THE VIRUS.  SO IT'S NOW  WAITING TILL IT'S ALL  CLEARED UP. TALKING TO MY SISTER ON SUNDAY , SHE SAID IT'S GETTING  BAD OVER THERE TOO.  I SEE THE FIGURES  GOING UP EVERY DAY ON THE NEWS.   I'VE BEEN WATCHING CORRIE HA.  AND MY FRIEND  FILLS ME IN ON ANYTHING I DON'T KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON, LIKE WHO THAT  WOMAN WAS  WITH DAVID,  ETC.  THEY JUST CAME BACK FROM UP NORTH AND SAID THE COLOURS WERE BEAUTIFUL COMING  HOME.   RUBY I GO ON A RANT  EVERYTIME AND I'M SURE MY FRIENDS ARE SICK LISTENING TO IT, THERE'S NOTHING  I CAN DO BUT RANT AND MAKE MYSELF MAD SO I'M TRYING HARD NOT TO.  HA.  ANYWAY     I HOPE EVERYONE NEAR ND FAR ARE KEEPING WELL AND SAFE.   LIZ   :-* :-*
sixtyniner

urneygirl

« Reply #24223 on: October 06, 2020, 08:10:53 PM »
HI LIZ, I'M GLAD TO HEAR FROM YOU, EACH TIME I CHECKED IN THERE WERE NO POSTS.

SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOU FRIEND, I HOPE SHE DOSEN'T HAVE TO WAIT TOO LONG TO GET INTO THE RETIREMENT HOME BUT IF THERE'S AN OUTBRAKE IT'S BEST SHE STAYS WHERE SHE IS IF THAT'S SOMETHING SHE CAN DO.

LIZ I STILL HAVEN'T WATCHED MY CORRIE EPISODES AND I HAVE A LOT TO WATCH. I HAVE BEEN HOOKED ON CNN AND EVERYTHING TRUMP :D I DON'T THINK HE WAS WELL ENOUGH TO LEAVE THE HOSPITAL BUT TIME WILL TELL.

OUR FRIEND IS STILL IN AN INDUCED COMA, HER HUSBAND IS AT HOME AND NOT DOING VERY WELL, HIS SON AND MY NIECE ARE KEEPING US INFORMED.

THE POWERS THAT BE SAID WE WOULD HAVE A SECOND WAVE OF THE VIRUS AND WE ARE IN IT. GOODNESS KNOWS WHEN IT WILL END, WE HAVE TO LISTEN  TO THE EXPERTS.

WE GOT THE GARDEN FURNITURE PUT AWAY YESTERDAY WHILE THE WEATHER WAS NICE, WE HAVE A COUPLE OF HEAVY THINGS THAT GET COVERED FOR THE WINTER AND JUSTIN WILL COME AND HELP HIS GRANDA.  TAKE CARE LIZ AND I'LL CHECK BACK LATER  :-**

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #24224 on: October 06, 2020, 11:32:08 PM »
HI LIZ, I'M GLAD TO HEAR FROM YOU, EACH TIME I CHECKED IN THERE WERE NO POSTS.

SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOU FRIEND, I HOPE SHE DOSEN'T HAVE TO WAIT TOO LONG TO GET INTO THE RETIREMENT HOME BUT IF THERE'S AN OUTBRAKE IT'S BEST SHE STAYS WHERE SHE IS IF THAT'S SOMETHING SHE CAN DO.

LIZ I STILL HAVEN'T WATCHED MY CORRIE EPISODES AND I HAVE A LOT TO WATCH. I HAVE BEEN HOOKED ON CNN AND EVERYTHING TRUMP :D I DON'T THINK HE WAS WELL ENOUGH TO LEAVE THE HOSPITAL BUT TIME WILL TELL.

OUR FRIEND IS STILL IN AN INDUCED COMA, HER HUSBAND IS AT HOME AND NOT DOING VERY WELL, HIS SON AND MY NIECE ARE KEEPING US INFORMED.

THE POWERS THAT BE SAID WE WOULD HAVE A SECOND WAVE OF THE VIRUS AND WE ARE IN IT. GOODNESS KNOWS WHEN IT WILL END, WE HAVE TO LISTEN  TO THE EXPERTS.

WE GOT THE GARDEN FURNITURE PUT AWAY YESTERDAY WHILE THE WEATHER WAS NICE, WE HAVE A COUPLE OF HEAVY THINGS THAT GET COVERED FOR THE WINTER AND JUSTIN WILL COME AND HELP HIS GRANDA.  TAKE CARE LIZ AND I'LL CHECK BACK LATER  :-* *
RUBY I'M SO SORRY ABOUT YOUR FRIEND AND I HOPE SHE WILL GET BETTER SOON.  I HOPE  HER HUSBAND IS   NOT  TOO SICK AND THAT HE WILL RECOVER , G.W.  I'M GLAD  JUSTIN IS GOING TO HELP BOBBY WITH THE HEAVY STUFF, HE'S YOUNG  AND CAN  DO IT  HA.   I HATE THAT ALL WE SEEM TO HEAR IS ABOUT  MORE OUTBREAKS OF THIS VIRUS  , I GUESS WE WOULD LOVE TO JUST GO BACK WHEN  THERE WAS NONE BUT  THAT'S JUST WISHFUL THINKING.  :(   WELL GIRL I HOPE  YOU HAVE A NICE NIGHT AND  TOMORROW IS HUMP DAY HA.  ALTHOUGH IT DOES NOT MATTER TO US ANYMORE .HA.   KEEP WELL AND STAY SAFE.   LIZ   :-*
sixtyniner