Author Topic: CANADA TO-DAY.  (Read 1632823 times)

kraftcheese

Re: CANADA TO-DAY.
« Reply #60 on: December 07, 2011, 11:54:01 AM »

Ach Jackie, thank you.  That's lovely.  So are you.   :-*
Omnia in finem bona sunt. Si non bona non finis est.

Karen

« Reply #61 on: December 07, 2011, 01:18:17 PM »
Ach Lillian that is very mean. The pineapple creams are my favorite. We have a little British store here that sells the beef sausages and some candies but no buns. I am going there tomorrow as my dad is coming to stay with me tomorrow for the weekend and I am going to make him a fry for lunch. Hope he doesn't read this as it is a surprise, but you have my mouth watering for a few (one is never enough) buns and a cup of tea. Hope you are keeping well. Say hi to Mavis and hope to see you again next summer.

Sister and I went to the But N Ben to pick up all the stuff for the Boxing Day fry-up.
Soda, Tatty, Veggie roll, steak sausages,Belfast batch bread,Black Pudding(Not for me thank you).
Gammon ham, Mavis's freezer is packed, Then the buns, now these we eat right away. I just had a lovely cup of tea and a pineapple cream, I have a snowball for tomorrow if I am a good girl and get all my work done lol.

Kathleen2

« Reply #62 on: December 07, 2011, 02:53:44 PM »
Morning all, Jackie that was a lovely post :-*  What time is your lovely Vi arriving home, and are you preparing a nice meal for her ;)
Kathleen, I finished the second Irish Dr Book, I returned it yesterday but the Library wasn't open yet so I will have to go back for the Christmas one.
IC, it looks like we may be having a Meet in August :clapping:
Liz how are you keeping ?
I started wrapping presents last night, and I'm staying home today to do more, I have to do Birthday's as well as Christmas ::)  I picked up a couple of important ones yesterday so I'm not doing to bad ;)

I hope you're all feeling well today, enjoy whatever you're up to. :-* :-*

Jean, finished the second book as well and I have the Christmas one here but haven't started it yet. They are a great read and I'm enjoying them. Kinky's recipes are great and I have to laugh at the antics of that big dog the way he collects Wellington boots and goes to the pub with the doctors for a drink :D
" Tell them for their tomorrow, we gave our today"
A World War 1 soldier.

In memory of my grandfather, James McGimpsey. 9th Royal Scots.

Kathleen2

« Reply #63 on: December 07, 2011, 02:57:45 PM »
Hi all. ..up to my eyes getting the two guest rooms ready for company. My son arrives home next Sunday and then my sister is coming in for a couple of days. Tucker is worried as I think he thinks I am moving with all that is going on. Hope everyone is well. Hoping to go Christmas shopping tonight as I have,nt a thing in and still no sign of the Christmas tree :D  I have Christmas music playin tho. Anyway I best get back to work. :-*

Betty that's great to hear that Brian is coming home on Sunday. You will be busy for a while looking after him and your sister. I am going to put my tree up this weekend. I've done some Christams shopping but still have a bit more to do. Isn't there always ::)
" Tell them for their tomorrow, we gave our today"
A World War 1 soldier.

In memory of my grandfather, James McGimpsey. 9th Royal Scots.

IRISHDIVA

« Reply #64 on: December 07, 2011, 03:33:15 PM »
Ach Lillian that is very mean. The pineapple creams are my favorite. We have a little British store here that sells the beef sausages and some candies but no buns. I am going there tomorrow as my dad is coming to stay with me tomorrow for the weekend and I am going to make him a fry for lunch. Hope he doesn't read this as it is a surprise, but you have my mouth watering for a few (one is never enough) buns and a cup of tea. Hope you are keeping well. Say hi to Mavis and hope to see you again next summer.

I was going to take some photos at the bakery, but then I was thinking that it might be a mean thing to do on the BF folks that can't get the goodies.Its one thing talking about then, but its another thing seeing them lol. I was bad yesterday with all the stuff, and I even have had a wee bit of the snowball this morning. I have no will power at this time of the year. But that pineapple cream was gooooooooooood.lol
You will never know where you are going.
If you do not remember where you come from.

IRISHDIVA

« Reply #65 on: December 07, 2011, 03:41:12 PM »

Betty that's great to hear that Brian is coming home on Sunday. You will be busy for a while looking after him and your sister. I am going to put my tree up this weekend. I've done some Christams shopping but still have a bit more to do. Isn't there always ::)

Hi Mrs, I am sure you and Richard must be over the moon about having you wee Son home soon.
We will be going tomorrow to see our oldest Sister and Brother-in-law for a Christmas get together. So I have some baking to do today for her. I am sure you will be looking forward to spending sometime with your Sister, its always to have family around. ;)

urneygirl

« Reply #66 on: December 07, 2011, 04:04:25 PM »
Morning all, I'm having a check in before I start my housework. Irish your trip to the bakery sounds great, did they have custards ? I think you have to be early in the morning to get them. I got a lot of wrapping done yesterday, I just have a few more small things to get and I also need more gift tags :-\ 

Bobby needs the computer now so I'll see you all later :-* :-*

IRISHDIVA

« Reply #67 on: December 07, 2011, 04:18:45 PM »
Morning all, I'm having a check in before I start my housework. Irish your trip to the bakery sounds great, did they have custards ? I think you have to be early in the morning to get them. I got a lot of wrapping done yesterday, I just have a few more small things to get and I also need more gift tags :-\ 

Bobby needs the computer now so I'll see you all later :-* :-*

Ruby,

You can always order them and anything else you want to be sure you get them. My niece forgot to order a dozen Empire (German) biscuits with the the Christmas decoration on them in place of the cherry. So they did them for her while we waited, but we did spend over $250.00 on stuff. So maybe that was why lol. Joking aside they have always been nice. I have the Irish bread left out and when I finish my baking I am going to make it into breadcrumbs and then freeze them for the stuffing. One more job out of the way. Better get a move on.

Sally Ann

« Reply #68 on: December 07, 2011, 04:22:53 PM »
Just a wee Quality Moment  ;)  *

I only got drunk, I never got stupid!

Sally Ann

« Reply #69 on: December 07, 2011, 04:41:11 PM »
I feel so guilty reading that you are all running around doing Christmasy stuff, and I'm not!  :whistle: :D  Look I would, only I don't DO Christmas! ;)

It would skin you here today, and apparently - we are in for a right drop of snow on Friday - great! ::) I would say that they are right.  I've this steel (staple like) clip in my head from an accident I had as a kid - well that's my excuse and I'm sticking with it! Anyway, as sure as shooting, when snow is due, the area round it drives me up the walls - so I'm on the ceiling now already as I write this! :buck2:

So come Saturday I'll bate me way through the snow till get to the Europa, - and not even a drop of the demon drink will pass these virgin lips when I get there!  Not had a drop for ages, and it's not even bothering me the thought that my drinking days are well and truly over now.  Next step, the fags! :(  Well you kinda have to meet your liver and lungs halfway, don't ya? ??? :D

Hope everyone is keeping well, and girls, don't go overboard, just try and remember, it's only another day! ;) :D  :-**
I only got drunk, I never got stupid!

sydenhambetty

« Reply #70 on: December 07, 2011, 07:55:21 PM »
Hi Mrs, I am sure you and Richard must be over the moon about having you wee Son home soon.
We will be going tomorrow to see our oldest Sister and Brother-in-law for a Christmas get together. So I have some baking to do today for her. I am sure you will be looking forward to spending sometime with your Sister, its always to have family around. ;)
Well thats it Lillian you have pushed me over the edge with what ye have done and are going to do. I went out shopping today and all I got was the cards for the Grandkids, my two daughters and my wee son. Now to clear out the bank account for the money to go in them :D  I did get my Scotch bread and Veggie roll and Birds custard. Still no tree up but have the stuff for the frontdoor wreath. So put that in yer pipe and smoke it Miss Lily, considering I,m yer elder :P :-*
Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination.  Oscar Wilde

IRISHDIVA

« Reply #71 on: December 07, 2011, 10:23:33 PM »
Well thats it Lillian you have pushed me over the edge with what ye have done and are going to do. I went out shopping today and all I got was the cards for the Grandkids, my two daughters and my wee son. Now to clear out the bank account for the money to go in them :D  I did get my Scotch bread and Veggie roll and Birds custard. Still no tree up but have the stuff for the frontdoor wreath. So put that in yer pipe and smoke it Miss Lily, considering I,m yer elder :P :-*

Now you know me, can't help myself, have always been like this, but I will slow down one of these days. But one thing for sure I have finished for the day and I am planting myself down in front of the T.V after dinner tonight and I am not movinglol. Glad that you have started it will all come together for you, it always ends up getting done.... right!!!!! ;) I would maybe not do as much but I am doing Christmas day dinner this year and want it all to run smooth and my hope is that I will still to be on my feet at the end of the day.  

sydenhambetty

« Reply #72 on: December 07, 2011, 10:51:34 PM »
Och you will def. be still on yer feet girl. Yer a better man than I am Gunga Din. :D  No cooking for me Christmas Day or my daughter, we are all going to the Delta Chelsea for Christmas dinner. Just for a wee change and to give my daughter a break. :)
Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination.  Oscar Wilde

IRISHDIVA

« Reply #73 on: December 07, 2011, 10:59:02 PM »
I just noticed the sprig of holly at the end of the Belfast Forum's name at the top of the page.
That is so cute, has it been on for a while and have I just been sleeping...lol

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #74 on: December 07, 2011, 11:36:29 PM »
hi everyone, once again i'm apologising for not being on..this bronchitis has knocked me for a loop..i was at the dr on monday again and she says i still have some but i should be ok soon. ::) .i've been using the puffer..the side effects of the anitibiotics has me so sore i could hardly move, even lifting my arms they felt like they weighted 2 tons.. i was more worried about missing the meet on saturday..and upset about not getting christmas shopping done..oh well..i can always give them iou's.. :D .. ..my niece was telling me she and her friend are going to see..mrs brown's sons ..it seems they are taping it live..it should be a laugh and she was surprise to hear i knew who she was talking about..i was telling my daughter about it and told her the next time someone posts a link on about the show i would send it to  her..hint hint..again i'm sorry for not being on and i will read all the posts..i hope to hell this cough goes soon..don't want to spend my night at the meet coughing and bringing up stuff..sorry about that..i do hope everyone is keeping well and those with pain..i hope you have some ease.. i need to go now and rest..take care and god bless..love liz :-*
sixtyniner