Author Topic: CANADA TO-DAY.  (Read 1834317 times)

kraftcheese

Re: CANADA TO-DAY.
« Reply #20205 on: July 17, 2017, 04:44:42 AM »

Sarah we haven't seen them in the back yard since that day but on Thursday morning our gr'daughter opened the front door at 8:00 am to go out and get in the car (her Mom was driving her to school) and there was a bear walking up the steps of the porch  :o  she slammed the door shut and they waited until he meandered off. Jim was driving up the street yesterday and there was a mother bear and her two cubs (dangerous) going down the side of the neighbours house. We are very cautious, at this time of the year they are filling up on berries and there is an abundance of them, there has been a lot of sightings in our neighbourhood and videos of them on FB.
   We have 161 forest fires burning right now in our province, 16000 people evacuated so far and the forecast is for hot weather and winds, could you all please say a prayer for these people who are affected by this terrible tragedy (Mother Nature) hoping and praying for rain and cooler weather. Please prayers for the firefighters who do a tremendous job of fighting these fires, I doff my hat to each and everyone of them, they are heros!! Have yourselves a great week ahead and stay safe everyone  :-*

Breda, the thought that there could be a bear in my street would scare the divil out of me.  :o  I suppose you get used to looking out for them in the warmer months and stay alert for them.  At the same time it would be thrilling to see them.

I haven't seen the news this past couple of days, so I didn't know about the fires.  What a terrible force of nature they are.  Let it rain, let it rain!!  I don't know how the firefighters cope with what they do, dressed in all their gear, in unbearable heat.  They do a wonderful job.  Take care of yourselves.   *
Omnia in finem bona sunt. Si non bona non finis est.

urneygirl

« Reply #20206 on: July 17, 2017, 05:38:19 PM »
Hi everyone, I hope you all had a good weekend :-*

We had a lot of rain and thunder yesterday, but this morning is sunny and calm. :)

Jean, how is it going with the girls, were you house bound yesterday due to the weather ?

urneygirl

« Reply #20207 on: July 18, 2017, 10:54:51 PM »
Where have all our chums gone ?  I guess everyone is busy now that school is out, it's nice getting time with the G children. :)

Not much going on here today I did a bit of clearing out and had a trip to the Salvation Army store, mostly clothes that I know will be useful to someone.

I'm going for a browse on the forum,  See you later :-* :-*

McNamee

« Reply #20208 on: July 19, 2017, 09:57:59 AM »
I have had my sister and her hubby for a few days.  They left this morning...peace perfect peace...Now just grandson and myself...lol

urneygirl

« Reply #20209 on: July 19, 2017, 11:48:47 PM »
Hi Bernie,  nice as it is to have company it's always nice to get your house back to normal, do you have Max all day on school holidays ?

I had my eye exam this afternoon, everything is ok, but I went to the grocery store  about  a 1/2  hr after I got home, as I walked around  the lights in the store were glittering due to the eye drops :D.

cyprus girl

« Reply #20210 on: July 20, 2017, 12:26:58 AM »
Well we are going out tonight to celebrate our 48th anniversary, we are going to see a musical and I'm pretty sure it will be the best show in town. It is produced by our grandsons kindergarten class and the whole class is starring in it  :preved: probably get rave reviews in the write ups, can't wait  :D   :-*
Queenio, queenio who's got the ball-eo

mcd

« Reply #20211 on: July 20, 2017, 01:02:55 AM »
Well we are going out tonight to celebrate our 48th anniversary, we are going to see a musical and I'm pretty sure it will be the best show in town. It is produced by our grandsons kindergarten class and the whole class is starring in it  :preved: probably get rave reviews in the write ups, can't wait  :D   :-*

Breda  Congratulations on your 48th wedding anniversary   :drinks:, where does the time go when you're having so much fun eh  ;)   Enjoy the play  they are the best, nothing ever goes to script  :D  :D 

I had the two girls for a  l,,o,,n,,g weekend   :girl_crazy: anyway I was done in by the time they went home . 

I have been watching the fires in BC  Breda  OMG how scary  its like  Fort McMurray  all over again , are you anywhere near or feeling any effects from the smoke ?    Stay alert and stay safe  :-*
Light travels faster than sound, This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

mcd

« Reply #20212 on: July 20, 2017, 01:44:39 AM »
Hi girls , I am still alive  just  :D   lucky me  I had two personal fitness instructors trying to get me into shape     but the aul joints refused to budge.   :D 

Thanks Sarah, its up and down at the moment for my big bro , I don't think he will be home for awhile,  he has to use the Nippy mask ( Oxygen ) and he doesn't like it , looks like a old gas mask and very uncomfortable . 

Ruby     Eye exams  not a fan I don't like when they put that dye in   It stings   and you have to wear sunglasses  until it clears  ::).

Bernie    I hear you , bliss having your house all to yourself again  ;)     

Take it easy girls  dont be getting into any trouble.   

Light travels faster than sound, This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

cyprus girl

« Reply #20213 on: July 20, 2017, 06:02:43 AM »

Breda  Congratulations on your 48th wedding anniversary   :drinks: , where does the time go when you're having so much fun eh  ;)   Enjoy the play  they are the best, nothing ever goes to script  :D 

I had the two girls for the l,,o,,n,,g weekend :buck2: anyway I was done by the time they went home.

I have been watching the fires in BC  Breda  OMG how scary  its like  Fort McMurray  all over again , are you anywhere near or feeling any effects from the smoke ?    Stay alert and stay safe  :-*
Omg this cracked me up cause I've been there  :D

The fires are bad but good news, today the Australians arrived to help out so we appreciate it so thank you to all those hero firefighters  :-*

The show was brilliant, it was a comedy musical and all the kids gave it their all, like I said it was the best show in town :D :-*
Queenio, queenio who's got the ball-eo

McNamee

« Reply #20214 on: July 20, 2017, 08:55:41 AM »
Yes I have the grandson from 9 each morning (except Monday) so in the Summer holidays I do a longer day...lol

I am just waiting the little man's arrival...

Glad all is well Ruby and the aul eyes are doing well also...It must be terrible to loose your sight...

Talk later girls, keep her lit....xxx :-*

mcd

« Reply #20215 on: July 20, 2017, 10:17:07 PM »
Hello chums ,  did you all get that sudden rainfall ?  there was a clatter of thunder I almost got under the stairs to hide ,   :-\   I am hoping the weather will be good Saturday , having a family  BBQ 

Bernie       How old is your grandson ?    Mattie and Lauren are 7 and 6 and boy are the active always on the go ,when they go home I go to bed  :D

Sarah        How's things  are you going to visit you son soon ? ,   I think I read that in one of your posts   The old brain is not as good as it use to be
                     :D     
   Breda         Definitely  hats off to all firemen and women  worth their weight in gold .

Ruby          You out shopping again   ;)

Scotland      Haven't heard from you in a while ,hope all is well

Right girls I'm away to get my tea catch up will you later

kraftcheese

« Reply #20216 on: July 21, 2017, 05:13:27 AM »

Jean, my son and d-i-l are bringing their two wee boys over here for a visit in September.  The boys are 6 1/2 and 4 1/2 now.  They're all very active so I hope we can keep up with them.   :o :D   You know exactly what I mean, don't you?   :D   I'm very sorry that your brother is so poorly.  Wishing the best for him.  :-*

Breda, the Canadian firefighters always come here to help our guys when we have fires, and we always try to return the favour.  I hope things are improving in BC.   :-*

Ruby, glad your eye exam results were satisfactory.  I hate having eye checks too, although there are other exams I hate even more.  ;) :-*

Bernie, wouldn't we all be lost without our grandkids.  I'm sure you love having Max.  They're great company and give us lots of laughs.  :-*

The sun's out today, but it's cold (okay, it's cool)  ;) :D   Enjoy your summer everybody.  :-*
Omnia in finem bona sunt. Si non bona non finis est.

McNamee

« Reply #20217 on: July 21, 2017, 08:55:17 AM »
We also got all the rain, in fact it is still chucking it down as I type.

Max is 5 going on 50...lol...

I have 5 grandchildren ages 11, 10,8 and 7...Two of them live in Sydney...They are wee blondes, of the two here one is fair and the little boy is pure ginger.

Max is dark.   so all colours really....2 girls and 3 boys....

IRISHDIVA

« Reply #20218 on: July 21, 2017, 05:16:29 PM »
Hi all, been very busy helping Sister get her garden room set-up. All done and it looks great. We sat out the other evening until late and not a fly or mosquito could get to us.  ;) But tonight I am going to see Diana Ross at Rama. I was a big fan of Motown in my teens lol. I am lucky I can still remember back that far. But I always like her even after she left the Supremes. Hope everyone is keeping well, Val need to hear from you and has anyone had any interaction with Liz.
You will never know where you are going.
If you do not remember where you come from.

McNamee

« Reply #20219 on: July 21, 2017, 05:35:13 PM »
I love Diana Ross also...with or without the Supremes....Have a great night I am sure she will be fabulous....

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy