Author Topic: CANADA TO-DAY.  (Read 1062479 times)

mcd

Re: CANADA TO-DAY.
« Reply #20760 on: October 12, 2017, 02:46:58 AM »
Hello chums   I am sorry I haven't been on much, to tell the truth I have taken on some responsibilities at the seniors club  ( I have to learn to lock my lips )  and its keeping me  busy .     

Tomorrow I am heading to Milton to do some childer mindin  while the three big lads head to Arizona for some American football , never understood why its called football .....they run with the ball cradled in their  arms   ??? 

Lovin the weather we have been getting although  not such a nice day today  but still better than freezing cold days with the white stuff .   just waiting on Taylor to get home then we can lock the windies and doors  and call it a night .     

Hope you all had a lovely Thanksgiving  it was a really nice day we should have had a bbq  ;)    Hope everyone is well    :-**

Light travels faster than sound, This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #20761 on: October 12, 2017, 06:49:49 AM »

Hello chums   I am sorry I haven't been on much, to tell the truth I have taken on some responsibilities at the seniors club  ( I have to learn to lock my lips )  and its keeping me  busy .     

Tomorrow I am heading to Milton to do some childer mindin  while the three big lads head to Arizona for some American football , never understood why its called football .....they run with the ball cradled in their  arms   ??? 

Lovin the weather we have been getting although  not such a nice day today  but still better than freezing cold days with the white stuff .   just waiting on Taylor to get home then we can lock the windies and doors  and call it a night . 
Hope you all had a lovely Thanksgiving  it was a really nice day we should have had a bbq  ;)    Hope everyone is well    :-* *
Hi jean, sounds like you're going to be a busy bee.  I know today was not  bad but the temp. just dropped.  I ended up closing my ver. door as it got so cold with the window open in my room and the door, I ended up pulling the duvet over me.   Roisin and the girls came over Monday with some left overs.  I got to see the girls and had TG dinner to go with it.  good luck with the baby sitting.  Liz :-*
sixtyniner

urneygirl

« Reply #20762 on: October 12, 2017, 06:29:57 PM »
Hi girls, I have missed a few days myself,

I had a bad ear ache and wasn't feeling great. I went to the walk in clinic on Tuesday because my family dr wasn't in her office. The doctor checked my ears  and said my ears were fine, ( they didn't feel fine to me) ::) anyway he took my blood pressure and said it was high :o and said I should see my family dr,  I have never had high blood pressure, I saw my family dr yesterday and she said it was up a bit but she wasn't going to give me any BP medication because once I start taking it can't come off it. So the plan of action is for me to get my blood pressure taken on a regular bases over the next month and she will check the report. She said the pain I was getting would have caused the HBP.  So there's my story and the pain in my ear is clearing thank goodness :)

Jean, have a good time with the girls :-*

Liz, I hope you're feeling well, I had to put the heat on this morning the house was so cold. :-* 

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #20763 on: October 12, 2017, 07:34:16 PM »

Hi girls, I have missed a few days myself,

I had a bad ear ache and wasn't feeling great. I went to the walk in clinic on Tuesday because my family dr wasn't in her office. The doctor checked my ears  and said my ears were fine, ( they didn't feel fine to me) ::) anyway he took my blood pressure and said it was high :o and said I should see my family dr,  I have never had high blood pressure, I saw my family dr yesterday and she said it was up a bit but she wasn't going to give me any BP medication because once I start taking it can't come off it. So the plan of action is for me to get my blood pressure taken on a regular bases over the next month and she will check the report. She said the pain I was getting would have caused the HBP.  So there's my story and the pain in my ear is clearing thank goodness :)

Jean, have a good time with the girls :-*

Liz, I hope you're feeling well, I had to put the heat on this morning the house was so cold. :-*
Ruby, did she give you anything for your ear, I do know what an ear ache feels like having walked the floor many times with one.  the truth is I don't like the walk ins , they are a blessing sometimes but the drs don't know you and just do the basics.   Roisin went into one , one time and the dr said her ears were fine but the pain got so bad she went to her own dr. next day who said her ears had infections and gave her antibiotics ,  I 'm glad your ears are feeling better, and good luck with the BP. It is such a rotten day and my cleaning lady came this morning , god love her she was not feeling too well either.   I closed my bedroom window but left the ver. door cracked , that I can get at but not the window.    I hope every one else is keeping well  and  that our weather improves , it's too soon  for such cold weather.  take care.  Liz :-*
sixtyniner

muckles

« Reply #20764 on: October 13, 2017, 12:53:37 AM »

Urneygirl:

There is a strange virus going round.  I had a sore ear a couple of weeks back.  My grandson had one, and my daughter in law had one. 

It's not enough that we do our best;
sometimes we have to do what's required.
Go n-eírí an bóthar leat is do chasán cóngaír

kraftcheese

« Reply #20765 on: October 13, 2017, 04:48:15 AM »

Hi all.  Just trying to catch up with all the news.

Ruby, sorry you're not feeling great.  Take care of yourself.  :-*

Liz, hope you're doing alright and enjoying your tv shows.  It's warming up here at last and our temps are mostly in the 20s now, but we're going for 30C on Tuesday.  Yay!!!   :-*

Mcd, the USA is really having a bad time at the moment.  Those fires in California are just terrible.  31 people have died -  just awful.  So much destruction.  Hope all's well in your house.  :-*

CG, hope all's well with you too.  :-*

McNamee's back from Nice.  Looking forward to hearing about it.  :D

Wee Adam fell off the monkey bars at school the other day and has fractured both the bones in his forearm.  He's as proud as punch of his plaster.  :-*

That's about it for now.
Omnia in finem bona sunt. Si non bona non finis est.

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #20766 on: October 13, 2017, 07:20:10 AM »

Liz, hope you're doing alright and enjoying your tv shows.  It's warming up here at last and our temps are mostly in the 20s now, but we're going for 30C on Tuesday.  Yay!!!   :-*
KC, glad your weather is going up while ours is going down :D .  those fires in California  are terrible and so much destruction too.  :(  I 'm doing ok thanks for asking and  I hope everything is ok with you.  I 'm sorry to hear about little Adam, the poor kid must  have been in agony when he fell,  but I bet he has everyone writing on his plaster ha.  I hope he gets better soon, I know it takes about 6 wks for the plaster to come of.   Liz :-*
sixtyniner

mcd

« Reply #20767 on: October 13, 2017, 03:55:35 PM »
 I'm sure I wrote two posts last evening  but for some reason they are not showing 

Ruby.  I hope your aches  are clearing   Ear and tooth aches are the worst  feel better soon .

Sarah. I saw all the photos with your son and family  I was surprised by the amount of snow and to see everyone all bundled up in snow suits 

Hi Liz things good with you ?

Well the boyo's headed out this morning for Arizona ,going to some football games , never understood why it's called football 🏈 because they cradle the ball in their arms and run , don't get it ,  they will  have a good time I'm sure

Bit of a damp day here stay dry .
Light travels faster than sound, This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #20768 on: October 13, 2017, 07:09:55 PM »

I'm sure I wrote two posts last evening  but for some reason they are not showing 

Ruby.  I hope your aches  are clearing   Ear and tooth aches are the worst  feel better soon .

Sarah. I saw all the photos with your son and family  I was surprised by the amount of snow and to see everyone all bundled up in snow suits 

Hi Liz things good with you ?

Well the boyo's headed out this morning for Arizona ,going to some football games , never understood why it's called football 🏈 because they cradle the ball in their arms and run , don't get it ,  they will  have a good time I'm sure

Bit of a damp day here stay dry .
guess what, the sun has just come out yeah.  it's been so dull and wet,  all my bones are begging for the sun ha.  I use to like rugby when I was younger but not now and I've never liked American football as it seems all they do is huddle , me thinks they like it as it gives them time to rest from all that running :D Liz
sixtyniner

Sally Ann

« Reply #20769 on: October 14, 2017, 04:43:04 AM »
https://youtu.be/XvSMhgqh7JU

For all us aul dolls who remember this classic!  :)

Without a doubt, Cohens' take on it, along with the Dublin audiences input, is bye far the best ever!  O0 :drinks:

I've it listed to be played at my funeral party so!  :) [size=78%] [/size] :party: :dance:

Love his face and body movements - magic! :dance1:

I only got drunk, I never got stupid!

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #20770 on: October 14, 2017, 05:38:23 AM »

https://youtu.be/XvSMhgqh7JU

or all us aul dolls who remember this classic!  :)
Without a doubt, Cohens' take on it, along with the Dublin audiences input, is bye far the best ever!  O0 :drinks:
I've it listed to be played at my funeral party so!  :) [size=78%] [/size] :party: :dance:

Love his face and body movements - magic! :dance1:
Hi girl, how've you and Tom been keeping, well I hope.  I like the song but  I 've never heard him sing it before , it was interesting  and the crowd seem to really like him... take care love , Liz :-*
sixtyniner

urneygirl

« Reply #20771 on: October 14, 2017, 03:31:15 PM »
Good morning all, it's nice to see everyone  :-**

Hi Muckles, thankfully my ear ache has eased, it was strange there didn't seem to be any bad infection but a lot of pain.  :(

Sally Ann, I really enjoyed that, Cohen looked like he was having a great time with the Audience joining in. and less of the aul dolls you.  :)

Sarah, I'm glad your weather is warming up. Kids love to show off a cast, I hope the damage will heal properly.

Jean, I'm sure the boys will have a great time, and you will end up exhausted with the girls, enjoy.

Liz, I hope you're well I know the damp weather gives you more pain. I went yesterday to check my BP and I think I caused it to go up because I was anxious  :D :D I'll get used to it  ::)

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #20772 on: October 14, 2017, 11:12:44 PM »

Good morning all, it's nice to see everyone  :-* *

Hi Muckles, thankfully my ear ache has eased, it was strange there didn't seem to be any bad infection but a lot of pain.  :(

Sally Ann, I really enjoyed that, Cohen looked like he was having a great time with the Audience joining in. and less of the aul dolls you.  :)

Sarah, I'm glad your weather is warming up. Kids love to show off a cast, I hope the damage will heal properly.

Jean, I'm sure the boys will have a great time, and you will end up exhausted with the girls, enjoy.

Liz, I hope you're well I know the damp weather gives you more pain. I went yesterday to check my BP and I think I caused it to go up because I was anxious  :D :D I'll get used to it  ::)
Jean I 'm glad to  hear your earache has gone and hopefully won't come back.  I'm feeling better now thanks love for asking.  my friend came over this morning and cut my hair, I feel so much better and then after she warmed me up some lunch, she did not want any, we sat and talked and it was nice.    I use to go to the doctors and had to get out of work and of course all the waiting did not do me any good when she took my BP. I kept thinking of the time and getting back to work, one day I was in the 'waiting room'  there was a beautiful painting on the wall so serene so I sat and looked at it and do you know when she came in  I was calmer and my BP was down.  I had read if you can calm yourself down , maybe just relax before getting your BP, taken, it really does help.   Liz :-*
sixtyniner

urneygirl

« Reply #20773 on: October 15, 2017, 05:43:51 PM »
Hi Liz, BP was a bit better yesterday and it should be ok today because I'm still in my housecoat lazing around :D

We were hoping to get some of the garden furniture away today but it's raining so that's off for another day. ::)

Did you every watch the movie " I am Belfast " ? it was posted a few months ago and I thought it was a bit slow at first, it's posted again on Belfast Chat, I watched it again and enjoyed it better the second time.  Glad you're feeling better :-*

I hope everyone else is well and enjoying your weekend   :-**

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #20774 on: October 15, 2017, 10:35:17 PM »

Hi Liz, BP was a bit better yesterday and it should be ok today because I'm still in my housecoat lazing around :D

We were hoping to get some of the garden furniture away today but it's raining so that's off for another day. ::)

Did you every watch the movie " I am Belfast " ? it was posted a few months ago and I thought it was a bit slow at first, it's posted again on Belfast Chat, I watched it again and enjoyed it better the second time.  Glad you're feeling better :-*

I hope everyone else is well and enjoying your weekend   :-* *
Ruby, I 'm so sorry I must have been day dreaming  and called you Jean, and I 'm glad your BP is a bit better and keeps going down, and I hope your ear is better as well..  I don't know about yesterday but a while ago it was like a monsoon  here. you could not see  a thing it was like a total whiteout with the rain, it did not last very long although it still rained and now it's blowing a gale outside.   now that movie you're talking about, I am Belfast , I have never even heard of it but will try it , thanks for posting about it, unless  people like you post stuff I would never know.ha.   I had the rest of my shepard's pie today and enjoyed it very much.  don't know if I told you , I get them from Costco and they make them fresh so you could freeze them if  you wanted and sometimes I do and then just let them thaw out in the fridge .  I bet you were feeling sad  about putting the furniture away, it meant summer was really gone, I know it's gone but we don't like to hear it, :D  anyway I hope you've been taking it really easy and doing nothing.  Liz :-*
sixtyniner