Author Topic: CANADA TO-DAY.  (Read 1116015 times)

urneygirl

Re: CANADA TO-DAY.
« Reply #20865 on: November 13, 2017, 05:31:51 PM »
       Ruby, if you have that problem again with your computer. Turn it off and unplug it from the wall for at least 10 seconds. Removing all power to a device gets it back to a known starting state. If it got in to a weird state while operational, starting fresh will fix it.  Most of the time.  :-* :-*

Thanks Jackie I'll try that if it acts up again :-*

Sally Ann

« Reply #20866 on: November 14, 2017, 04:25:42 AM »
Wee sad time.  :(   

Had to have our wee cat Zoe, put to sleep on Saturday, 11/11/17.

Mr Tom is beside himself. Sure She was his wee cat so.

We are both totally devastated.

Can't deal with this loss guys!  :(
I only got drunk, I never got stupid!

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #20867 on: November 14, 2017, 05:05:41 AM »

Wee sad time.  :(   

Had to have our wee cat Zoe, put to sleep on Saturday, 11/11/17.

Mr Tom is beside himself. Sure She was his wee cat so.

We are both totally devastated.

Can't deal with this loss guys!  :(
Know what you're going through and you have all my sympathies love.     Liz  :-* :-*
sixtyniner

urneygirl

« Reply #20868 on: November 14, 2017, 03:37:08 PM »
Sally Ann, I'm soo sorry to hear about Zoe she has been part of your family for a long time. As you know I don't have any Animals but I have seen the heartache from Sara when she lost her cat and dog,  :(

kraftcheese

« Reply #20869 on: November 14, 2017, 11:33:39 PM »
Dear Sally Ann, Very sad news about wee Zoe.  I'm very sorry for you and Tom.   :-* :-*
Omnia in finem bona sunt. Si non bona non finis est.

urneygirl

« Reply #20870 on: November 15, 2017, 11:42:47 PM »
Hi all, it's quiet around here, I hope everyone is well.

Sarah how is your weather ? It's pretty cold here but we have only had a little snow so far.

I have been busy the past couple off days. We got a new Gas fireplace insert and thought it was a matter of removing the old one and inserting the new one, little did we know  ::) some adjusting to the brickwork had to be done which caused a lot of dust so once the workers left our job started. They have to fit one more part but it shouldn't cause a dust problem :)

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #20871 on: November 16, 2017, 07:53:50 AM »

Hi all, it's quiet around here, I hope everyone is well.

Sarah how is your weather ? It's pretty cold here but we have only had a little snow so far.

I have been busy the past couple off days. We got a new Gas fireplace insert and thought it was a matter of removing the old one and inserting the new one, little did we know  ::) some adjusting to the brickwork had to be done which caused a lot of dust so once the workers left our job started. They have to fit one more part but it shouldn't cause a dust problem :)

Ruby, it sounds lovely and I can imagine you sitting in front of it on a winter's night or day even .  good luck with getting it all finished I guess  the dust will be worth it when it's done.  Liz :-*
sixtyniner

kraftcheese

« Reply #20872 on: November 16, 2017, 08:30:07 AM »

Hi Ruby, we've had some lovely warm days this week which I've loved.  Today we have gentle rain, but it's comfortable.  The next week is to be warm, with a couple of showery days, but it's all good - it's not cold.....Yeeeooowww!  Your new gas fire sounds lovely with the cosiness of a fireplace and the convenience of gas. Health to enjoy it.  :-*

Hi Liz, Hope you're nice and comfy and cosy in your place.  I suppose it's getting pretty chilly there now.  I saw you had a wee bit of snow, but I hope that's gone now.  Are you watching any good series at the moment?  I saw Jamie Dornan (from The Fall and Fifty Shades of Gray) on the Graeme Norton Show last night. I was having a wee chuckle when he was explaining the trouble people have understanding him when he says "mirror".  He has a lovely accent (and he's not bad looking either).  :D :-*

Hope everyone else is well and keeping warm.  :-*
Omnia in finem bona sunt. Si non bona non finis est.

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #20873 on: November 16, 2017, 12:24:06 PM »

Hi Ruby, we've had some lovely warm days this week which I've loved.  Today we have gentle rain, but it's comfortable.  The next week is to be warm, with a couple of showery days, but it's all good - it's not cold.....Yeeeooowww!  Your new gas fire sounds lovely with the cosiness of a fireplace and the convenience of gas. Health to enjoy it.  :-*

Hi Liz, Hope you're nice and comfy and cosy in your place.  I suppose it's getting pretty chilly there now.  I saw you had a wee bit of snow, but I hope that's gone now.  Are you watching any good series at the moment?  I saw Jamie Dornan (from The Fall and Fifty Shades of Gray) on the Graeme Norton Show last night. I was having a wee chuckle when he was explaining the trouble people have understanding him when he says "mirror".  He has a lovely accent (and he's not bad looking either).  :D :-*

Hope everyone else is well and keeping warm.  :-*
KC, good morning or what ever time it is for you ha.  believe it or not our temps. have gone up these last few days and it's not bad, by the way that means it's 6 c.  I bet that is too cold for you, but considering we are going into winter , that's not bad.   when I have to tell people my phone #  there is an eight in it  and they have trouble understanding  so I have to repeat it.  oh well that's their problem :D   Liz :-*
sixtyniner

IRISHDIVA

« Reply #20874 on: November 16, 2017, 08:35:13 PM »
Hi gang, Sorry I have not been on much, It's that time of year when all the to-do list we all have get bigger than the hours in the day. Closing up the garden, getting the puddings made, freezing apples for pies, a lots of family birthdays. I started today with taking down the Thanksgiving/fall stuff and moving a few things around inside to get ready for the  Christmas decorations. I will maybe start them next week. ;) But sure it keeps me out of trouble. More and more talk on the TV about Christmas has me in the holiday mood  :) .

Sally, I'm so sorry to hear about your wee cat. It is heartbreaking. But I am sure you both have given it a good home and much love over the years.

You will never know where you are going.
If you do not remember where you come from.

urneygirl

« Reply #20875 on: November 16, 2017, 09:09:17 PM »
Hi Lillian, I would love to get started on the Christmas decorations especially the outside while it's not so cold. I have started on a few gifts.
Santa is already in the Pickering mall and that's all I needed to get in the Mood :)

Sarah the old Gas fire was  around 20yrs old and starting to act up so we thought it better to replace it before it became a big problem. I'm glad to hear your weather is nice, it must be odd putting up Christmas decorations in the Summer, when do you start ?

Liz I think we all have a problem with eight, I also have a problem with two, for some reason to some people think I'm saying three  :D

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #20876 on: November 16, 2017, 11:01:20 PM »

Hi Lillian, I would love to get started on the Christmas decorations especially the outside while it's not so cold. I have started on a few gifts.
Santa is already in the Pickering mall and that's all I needed to get in the Mood :)

Sarah the old Gas fire was  around 20yrs old and starting to act up so we thought it better to replace it before it became a big problem. I'm glad to hear your weather is nice, it must be odd putting up Christmas decorations in the Summer, when do you start ?

Liz I think we all have a problem with eight, I also have a problem with two, for some reason to some people think I'm saying three  :D
Ruby,  when I'm trying to pronounce the 8 it does not come naturally the way I have to say it so they'll understand, the sacrifices we have to make eh.. :D  you're smart to replace the gas fire before it did give you problems and god knows maybe a danger to you.  I'm sorry but it takes a long time for me to get in the Christmas mood and even then!   at least the sun came out for a while today and it was nice to see it.   I 'm going to ask a question about a loaf of bread that's called  a "chop suey" loaf.  Sylvia showed me one  she had in her freezer last week , I 'll explain why I 'm asking later.  I had never heard of this so I think the name is for here, so you might have heard it over here.  anyway I 'm curious to see how many know it ha.  Liz
sixtyniner

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #20877 on: November 16, 2017, 11:15:41 PM »
I just had a call from one of my friends , her sister died, RIP, she had a heart attack,  :'( they were like twins and went everywhere together , they even looked like each other. my heart is breaking for her, I don't know what she'll do without her.,  last year her husband who has dementia and is now in a home and now this.  I just needed to share this.  Liz :'( :'(
sixtyniner

jackiehillis

« Reply #20878 on: November 16, 2017, 11:23:50 PM »
Ruby,  when I'm trying to pronounce the 8 it does not come naturally the way I have to say it so they'll understand, the sacrifices we have to make eh.. :D  you're smart to replace the gas fire before it did give you problems and god knows maybe a danger to you.  I'm sorry but it takes a long time for me to get in the Christmas mood and even then!   at least the sun came out for a while today and it was nice to see it.   I 'm going to ask a question about a loaf of bread that's called  a "chop suey" loaf.  Sylvia showed me one  she had in her freezer last week , I 'll explain why I 'm asking later.  I had never heard of this so I think the name is for here, so you might have heard it over here.  anyway I 'm curious to see how many know it ha.  Liz
     here's one Elizabeth.    :-* :-*

"Don't walk in front of me" "I  don't want you to lead " " Don't walk behind me" "I don't want you to follow" " Walk beside me and be my friend "

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #20879 on: November 16, 2017, 11:35:02 PM »
Jackie, that looks like the one Sylvia showed me , hers had some more fruit on it as well as icing on the top but did you know this loaf as "Chop  Suey".  I might have known you would be the first one on  :D  Liz :-*
sixtyniner