Author Topic: CANADA TO-DAY.  (Read 1164288 times)

urneygirl

Re: CANADA TO-DAY.
« Reply #20970 on: December 03, 2017, 04:13:59 PM »
Good morning Liz, Thanks to the band it keeps us active and we enjoy it  :)

My overseas  Christmas cards got mailed this morning so I'm a happy camper. Today I'm planning to do some wrapping then I can see what I have, or who I need to shop for. :-\

I'll be back later :-* :-*

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #20971 on: December 03, 2017, 06:24:27 PM »

Good morning Liz, Thanks to the band it keeps us active and we enjoy it  :)

My overseas  Christmas cards got mailed this morning so I'm a happy camper. Today I'm planning to do some wrapping then I can see what I have, or who I need to shop for. :-\

I'll be back later :-* :-*
Ruby, my daughter and her friends went into Toronto yesterday to this big market, she said it was in the distillery district, you pay to go in and they had to wait near an hr to get in.  anyway she said she would never go again, they went by train and she said she never got anything.  anyway she was over with the girls early on bringing me a few groceries and brought up my mail.  they could not stay long as they were going to the Italian Christmas party this afternoon.  I gave her all my cards to post, I still have a few left to write out, I did some more while waiting on her to come but  I think I was not bad .    I use to love wrapping presents up and seeing how many I had, mind you this was many many years ago when I could go out and shop and I was still living at home.  I 'm glad you got your cards sent of as it brings peace of mind.   I see a few more apartments facing me have put up lights, I can see them when it gets dark.  anyway I must get the other cards done so I can get them posted.  good luck with the wrapping.  Liz :-* 
sixtyniner

scotland

« Reply #20972 on: December 04, 2017, 02:24:24 AM »
Hi Urneygirl unfortunately my sister lost her dear husband in May they never were blessed with a family and she finding life is very difficult she will be 70 next July  however I have completed the neccesary forms to try and get her rehoused in Scotland  coming to me over Christmas will give her a little taste of Scotland  our Grandad was Scottish and we have traced our family history on my Dad,s side back to the 1700, We have also discovered /Mum,s side of the family also have Scottish connections it,s still a work in progress   I digress sorry about that thank you for your kind post it was so nice to know someone out there thinks of others M ☺☺☺

scotland

« Reply #20973 on: December 04, 2017, 02:35:16 AM »
Liz dear friend All is ready for my sisters arrival lights switched on inside and outside Blackpool has nothing on our little neck of the woods LOL no disrespect Blackpool have visited it often (That,s were I got some ideas of lighting from)  Roll on Christmas Keep watching your Email my lovely friend M😀😀😀

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #20974 on: December 04, 2017, 03:28:11 AM »

Liz dear friend All is ready for my sisters arrival lights switched on inside and outside Blackpool has nothing on our little neck of the woods LOL no disrespect Blackpool have visited it often (That,s were I got some ideas of lighting from)  Roll on Christmas Keep watching your Email my lovely friend M😀😀😀
oh Scotland,  I can just picture you and  how excited you must be, let us know when she comes, that's if you have a minute to spare, I bet she would be surprised to know how famous she is on here and everybody is waiting for her arrival   :D  when the time is getting nearer for the lights I love seeing all the houses that are like the one in National lampoon's Christmas vacation.  I hope everything turns out well about the house for her.  well girl my knees are telling me it's time to move.  Liz :-*
sixtyniner

Jimmy Patterson

« Reply #20975 on: December 06, 2017, 11:58:36 PM »
The high court in Northern Ireland has ruled there will be no nativity scene in stormount. They can't find three wise nen and have given up searching for a virgin, but they have found plenty of asses for the stable.

kraftcheese

« Reply #20976 on: December 07, 2017, 01:35:26 AM »

The high court in Northern Ireland has ruled there will be no nativity scene in stormount. They can't find three wise nen and have given up searching for a virgin, but they have found plenty of asses for the stable.

Good one, Jimmy.   :D
Omnia in finem bona sunt. Si non bona non finis est.

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #20977 on: December 07, 2017, 02:18:00 AM »

JP, thought it was going to be political till I read the rest.  like KC says, good one.  Liz :-*
sixtyniner

scotland

« Reply #20978 on: December 07, 2017, 02:27:55 AM »
To all my friends on the Canada Thread  A MERRY CHRISTMAS And VERY BEST WISHES FOR THE NEW YEAR IWill raise a glass to your health and happiness  CHEERS from bonnie Scotland 😁😁😁

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #20979 on: December 07, 2017, 07:54:42 AM »

To all my friends on the Canada Thread  A MERRY CHRISTMAS And VERY BEST WISHES FOR THE NEW YEAR IWill raise a glass to your health and happiness  CHEERS from bonnie Scotland 😁😁😁
Scotland  we all wish you the very same.  as for raising  your glass, I guess if you do it at Christmas you also get to do it again at Hogmanay too so you lucky girl.  hope everything is going well over there.  Liz :-* 
sixtyniner

urneygirl

« Reply #20980 on: December 07, 2017, 11:31:47 PM »

And the same to you Scotland, let us know when your sister arrives. :)

urneygirl

« Reply #20981 on: December 07, 2017, 11:33:35 PM »

Thanks for the laugh Jimmy :D

urneygirl

« Reply #20982 on: December 07, 2017, 11:42:39 PM »
Hi Sarah, we had a few snow flakes today so hopefully we will have a white Christmas.  :) I hope all is well with you and the family :-*

Hi Liz, how is your day going ? I did another little bit of shopping today so I'm getting there. :-*

kraftcheese

« Reply #20983 on: December 08, 2017, 12:14:28 AM »

Hi Sarah, we had a few snow flakes today so hopefully we will have a white Christmas.  :) I hope all is well with you and the family :-*

Hi Liz, how is your day going ? I did another little bit of shopping today so I'm getting there. :-*

Hi Ruby, a white Christmas would be just lovely.  The way our weather's been this past week, we might have a very wet Christmas.  We've had lots of heavy rain and cool weather.  >:D   I want some heat.  Come on!!!  :D :-*

Hi Liz, How are you doing?  I haven't done any Christmas shopping yet at all.  I just buy for the children, my daughter and my sister who lives near me.  So it's easy.  I'm just not that into it.  :D   Have a good weekend.  :-*

Hi Scotland, Best wishes to you for Christmas and the New Year.  Looking forward to hearing about your sister's visit.  :-*

Best wishes to one and all, at home and away, for a Very Happy Christmas.  :-*
Omnia in finem bona sunt. Si non bona non finis est.

Jimmy Patterson

« Reply #20984 on: December 08, 2017, 03:32:15 AM »
Just one more, 3 guys arrive in heaven at 11-30 on Christmas Eve after a car crash. Peter tells them because it's christmas they can't get in without something to do with christmas. He sends them back to the car and tells them they have half an hour to find something. The first guy remembers he has a christmas card in his brief case he takes it up and peter lets him in. The second guy finds a piece of tinsel and peter lets him in. The driver with 5 minutes to go is frantic. He opens the glove box but all he can find is a pair of womens panties he takes them up and peter asks what have they to do with christmas and he replies they're carols.merry christmas to all my friends on canada today.