Author Topic: CANADA TO-DAY.  (Read 1499234 times)

urneygirl

Re: CANADA TO-DAY.
« Reply #21360 on: March 09, 2018, 05:30:54 PM »
Hi Liz, so far we don't have any snow, it's a bit overcast but the sun is shining. Nothing exciting here, just some housework and grocery shopping so my weekend is free :) I hope you're feeling well today :-*

To all our wee chums Near & Far I hope you're all well, enjoy your weekend.  :-** :-*

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #21361 on: March 09, 2018, 10:20:48 PM »

Hi Liz, so far we don't have any snow, it's a bit overcast but the sun is shining. Nothing exciting here, just some housework and grocery shopping so my weekend is free :) I hope you're feeling well today :-*

To all our wee chums Near & Far I hope you're all well, enjoy your weekend.   *
hi ruby,  the snow did not last, TG, so we are lucky in this part of town.    I just realised today that St. Patrick's  day is next week.   I hope he turns the stone and gives u good weather.  ha.  they probably will have something going on down stairs , they did last year.  I hope  you are feeling better by now.   my friend phoned me yesterday and sounded worse than when she went away,  she was going to go to the dr's  so I hope they gave her something.   I hope you have a good night curled up and watching TV or reading.  Liz :-* 
sixtyniner

urneygirl

« Reply #21362 on: March 10, 2018, 03:22:25 PM »
Good morning Liz, our snow yesterday didn't come to much it melted very quickly. Sounds like your friend isn't having a very good holiday I hope she feels better soon.  Take care love, I'm going to check my posts before going out  :-* :-*

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #21363 on: March 10, 2018, 06:40:39 PM »

Good morning Liz, our snow yesterday didn't come to much it melted very quickly. Sounds like your friend isn't having a very good holiday I hope she feels better soon.  Take care love, I'm going to check my posts before going out  :-* :-*
Ruby, they just came back from Jamaica  and she said she was not too bad but then she started feeling worse and ended up going back to the doctors again, he told  her she  had all the same symptoms and gave her 2 wks of antibiotics etc .  lets hope that will help her.  now I had a friend come over today, she is  what I call , one of my breakfast friends and she has been over before and always brings me some food,  she says she makes too much and phones to see if I would like it, so being me I say yes. ha.  this time she stayed and we had a nice chat and then she was of again..  this lady had a hip replacement and uses a cane but she is doing so well.  can still drive etc.  she was in the same place , a home,  to rehabilitate  about 6wks, and then while this was all happening, her sons sold her house and found an apartment for  her  so she does not have to climb stairs.   I see the sun is out but it still feels cold.    enjoy  the rest of the day.   Liz :-* 
sixtyniner

mcd

« Reply #21364 on: March 12, 2018, 01:18:04 AM »
As Dixon of Dockgreen used to say Evening all . What a lovely sunny day , but still a bit on the chilly side  . 

Well I finally give up organizing the monthly birthday lunch at the seniors club after 3years  I was done out  but the lunches will still go on they have decided amongst themselves to each take a month. Lol 

Liz , Ruby hope all is well with you both .    I am going to watch a bit of TV  the story of  The Kennedy,s  is on  so I will say goodnight  , sweet dreams  :-*

Light travels faster than sound, This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

jackiehillis

« Reply #21365 on: March 12, 2018, 01:45:08 AM »
Hi everyone. sorry I haven't been on. Just on our way home. Staying in Nashville tonight. Mansfield Ohio tomorrow night. Hope you are all doing well, and getting rid of the snow.     
"Don't walk in front of me" "I  don't want you to lead " " Don't walk behind me" "I don't want you to follow" " Walk beside me and be my friend "

IRISHDIVA

« Reply #21366 on: March 12, 2018, 03:58:32 PM »
Hi everyone. sorry I haven't been on. Just on our way home. Staying in Nashville tonight. Mansfield Ohio tomorrow night. Hope you are all doing well, and getting rid of the snow.

They have been tell us on the TV that we can have some "WEATHER" starting around 3pm, so I hope you miss it on your travels back.
You will never know where you are going.
If you do not remember where you come from.

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #21367 on: March 12, 2018, 06:07:27 PM »

As Dixon of Dockgreen used to say Evening all . What a lovely sunny day , but still a bit on the chilly side  . 

Well I finally give up organizing the monthly birthday lunch at the seniors club after 3years  I was done out  but the lunches will still go on they have decided amongst themselves to each take a month. Lol 

Liz , Ruby hope all is well with you both .    I am going to watch a bit of TV  the story of  The Kennedy,s  is on  so I will say goodnight  , sweet dreams
Jean, so glad to  hear from you, I hope you and Mo are keeping well.   I 'm glad you're taking a break, after 3 years it's time someone else took it on.  now you can relax knowing you don't have to worry about organizing something.   I'm afraid  we are all the same,  if someone is doing all the organizing we are content to let them.  my friend  has a group of friends and they take it in turn to have dinner at their house.  once a month they  all take a turn at making dinner, I think that is a good way  to keep  in touch and  each one takes a turn.    I saw that ad for the story of the Kennedys. I hope you enjoyed it.  did they bring out all the "dirt" on them.  I 'm sorry but I can't watch stuff like that anymore, I sound pathetic but it stresses me out.  now I love watching the shows on the Royals.  but they have to be new.  I 've seen all the ones they show now, for some reason I find them fascinating.  just looked out the window and it's snowing again.  it's been on and off since yesterday and this is the start of March break.  I was talking to my sister yesterday and she said they had, had it bad with the snow, they were snowed in but most of the snow is gone but the side walks are icy so she has to be careful because of her knees.  my brother in law said the flowers are coming up ha.  I 'm talking about Belfast, where else ha.  anyway girl keep well.  Liz :-* :-*
sixtyniner

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #21368 on: March 12, 2018, 06:10:27 PM »

Jackie I 'm glad you're coming home but it seems so early for you, unless the time has flown in so fast. it just seems like you were getting ready to go.  anyway I hope you have a safe journey home.  and bring some of that good  weather with you..  Liz :-*
sixtyniner

urneygirl

« Reply #21369 on: March 12, 2018, 09:55:30 PM »
Hi all, 

Jackie safe journey home, I hope the weather isn't too bad for driving. say Hi to Vi  :-*

Jean, as long as you keep organizing the Lunch's no one will offer to do it,  once you offer to do something for a group, you own it. :D

We're having snow flurries on & off but thankfully it's not laying.

I thought I needed a new Dryer, for awhile the clothes have been damp after the drying cycle had finished, Mr Bob did some investigating today and discovered the problem was a gadget he had put over the dryer vent outside to stop the birds from making a nest in the vent, I used to think they were in the Laundry room they made such a racket. All is  well now we just have to remember to clear the lint  every now and again   ::)   

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #21370 on: March 13, 2018, 02:46:22 AM »

Hi all, 

Jackie safe journey home, I hope the weather isn't too bad for driving. say Hi to Vi  :-*

Jean, as long as you keep organizing the Lunch's no one will offer to do it,  once you offer to do something for a group, you own it. :D

We're having snow flurries on & off but thankfully it's not laying.

I thought I needed a new Dryer, for awhile the clothes have been damp after the drying cycle had finished, Mr Bob did some investigating today and discovered the problem was a gadget he had put over the dryer vent outside to stop the birds from making a nest in the vent, I used to think they were in the Laundry room they made such a racket. All is  well now we just have to remember to clear the lint  every now and again   ::)
Ruby, like I said before,  when you volunteer to organize something, we are all inclined to let you, it's not fair but it's the way it is so I 'm glad Jean retired and let  them do it so she can just attend it.  ha.   it's been snowing on and off all day but like you said, it's not heavy or laying.     Ruby, my dryer vent went to the outside of the house  and had a covering to keep mice , birds out,  it was made of plastic and covered the hole but was not tight, it let the steam out, my dryer was in the basement and  was near the outside wall , the hose from the dryer went into the hole in the wall to the outside so if I had not that covering on the outside , the house would have been like a zoo ha.    I 'm trying to understand how a gadget put over the dryer vent outside would keep the clothes from drying. I use to clean the lint vent on top of the dryer after I used it, my son would run it till it was packed.   I 'm glad Bobby found the problem and you don't have to get a new dryer.  talking about laundry,  I saw one of my neighbours across from me, hanging their laundry over clothes horses he /she has on the balcony, I could not tell if it was a he or she, even when they turned sideways.  ha.. Liz :-*
sixtyniner

urneygirl

« Reply #21371 on: March 13, 2018, 03:40:33 PM »
Hi Liz, I always clean out the lint on the dryer, but I guess some of it made it's way outside and cloged the vent he had put on to keep the birds away., I'm glad we found the problem. This is a quick look in, the band have a St Patrick's Concert today in the west end for a Seniors Residence,  none of his traveling buddies are going so I'm going to keep him company. I'll check in later :-*

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #21372 on: March 13, 2018, 05:42:28 PM »

Hi Liz, I always clean out the lint on the dryer, but I guess some of it made it's way outside and cloged the vent he had put on to keep the birds away., I'm glad we found the problem. This is a quick look in, the band have a St Patrick's Concert today in the west end for a Seniors Residence,  none of his traveling buddies are going so I'm going to keep him company. I'll check in later :-*
Ruby, I meant to ask you in the last email about that.  I know you could not let St.  Patrick's day pass with out something going on.  I hope you have a good time,  :drinks: I bet the seniors will.   safe travelling .  Liz :-*
sixtyniner

urneygirl

« Reply #21373 on: March 14, 2018, 03:26:46 PM »
Hi Liz, the concert went very well yesterday, I was wrong, it wasn't in a Seniors  Residence, it was for Seniors but it was in a Church Hall. They all sang along and quite a few of them got up and danced. We have another concert on Saturday night in Cambridge and then our St Patrick's Dance on Sunday, so it's a busy week.  I still can't get rid of my sinus cold, I think it's over and then it comes back, but I'm sure I'm not the only one, hopefully the weather will improve soon.  :-*

Jackie are you home yet ?  :-*

mcd

« Reply #21374 on: March 14, 2018, 04:45:34 PM »
Hi guys , well here I am twiddling my thumbs  because I canít do anything , the guy who is doing the guest bathroom is here making all kinds of noise and soon the two wee ones will be here  😲  more noise 🤕 🤪 ahh what can ya do lol
Woke up this morning to snow on the ground but itís pretty well gone now although itís a bit windy out . Oh I donít know what to do with myself . Hope everyoneís ok  and Jackie arrives home safe and sound , check in with you later .
 Cheers Jean xx
Light travels faster than sound, This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak