Author Topic: CANADA TO-DAY.  (Read 1391443 times)

urneygirl

Re: CANADA TO-DAY.
« Reply #21495 on: April 15, 2018, 02:35:18 PM »
Good morning all, lovely to se you  :-* :-*

Sarah, your night sounded like ours, we bought the girls Roses for Easter instead of an egg, ( I know they're adults but they still love back home treats ):D  and  decided we were going to treat ourselves as well, we were house bound last night so we got out the Roses, a bottle of red and watched the show Liz mentioned  "Are we there yet " the weather didn't bother us  :D

Liz we are enjoying the show, the scenery was beautiful,  next one for us is when they arrive in Belfast and  I'm really looking forward to that one. We have watched 2 episodes,  is Belfast the last one  ?

Hi Jackie,  we still have the ice rain but it's supposed to change to regular rain tonight so hopefully it will melt the ice. Say Hi to Vi  :-* :-*

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #21496 on: April 15, 2018, 03:09:45 PM »

Good morning all, lovely to se you  :-* :-*

Sarah, your night sounded like ours, we bought the girls Roses for Easter instead of an egg, ( I know they're adults but they still love back home treats ) :D  and  decided we were going to treat ourselves as well, we were house bound last night so we got out the Roses, a bottle of red and watched the show Liz mentioned  "Are we there yet " the weather didn't bother us  :D

Liz we are enjoying the show, the scenery was beautiful,  next one for us is when they arrive in Belfast and  I'm really looking forward to that one. We have watched 2 episodes,  is Belfast the last one  ?
Hi Jackie,  we still have the ice rain but it's supposed to change to regular rain tonight so hopefully it will melt the ice. Say Hi to Vi  :-* :-*
oh Ruby, I 'm so glad you watched it and enjoyed it.  the last one I watched, I still have one on hold to enjoy,  I have not got to the Belfast one yet, that might be the one on hold so I 'll watch that one later on.  I can only set for 2 wks.  but I hope it's not the last one as  I 've been enjoying them, the get filmed as they are.  like the last one I saw  they had to sleep in the car because they did not have enough money for lodgings , anyway it showed Charlie  brushing his teeth and toothpaste on his chin , he's in a bad mood because he's tall and had to sleep sitting up , when he got out to go do whatever ha, his friend lay down and when Charlie woke him up he was mad and told them to get the f#  away.  anyway I hope there's more.   well guys it's another rotten day and it's blowing like mad.   another day for staying put.  Liz :-* :-*
sixtyniner

urneygirl

« Reply #21497 on: April 16, 2018, 05:45:57 PM »
I hope everyone is well :-*

We haven't been out since Saturday, our street is a mess, the young boy from across the street came last night and broke up some of the ice on the porch and driveway, he made it easier for Bobby to shovel some this morning, but it's still a mess.

I had recorded last weeks Corrie and settled down to watch it last night, for some reason it only recorded 3 episodes, and had to watch the rest on the Computer this morning. I'll not  give anything away in case someone has still to watch it.

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #21498 on: April 16, 2018, 07:39:47 PM »

I hope everyone is well :-*

We haven't been out since Saturday, our street is a mess, the young boy from across the street came last night and broke up some of the ice on the porch and driveway, he made it easier for Bobby to shovel some this morning, but it's still a mess.

I had recorded last weeks Corrie and settled down to watch it last night, for some reason it only recorded 3 episodes, and had to watch the rest on the Computer this morning. I'll not  give anything away in case someone has still to watch it.
Ruby, I checked that show you liked, "are we there yet, Ireland " and next week is the final one but I don't know if it's the last one, by that I mean if they will come back again, I hope so.  I had not  realised it was still raining, I should have known , all my bones ache ha.   I was talking to my friend last night and she was telling me about her GD's first communion and how it all went etc  they were talking about the weather and she said she hoped they would have a snow day so she could rest ha.  she had been on the go all week and Saturday night she had an awards dinner to go to from work, it's held every year and those who have from 20 to 30 years service get an award. I thought she was being funny about the snow day but this morning I was shocked  :o to see how many schools were closed because of the weather.  they showed you poor people stranded at the air port , air Canada , one women was there from Saturday with 4 kids and they were doing nothing for them.  all the hotels were full.  I know if this had happened in Briton they would have done something, from what I hear anyway.  by the way I mentioned last week  a book I was reading but forgot the name and author, well it's called The Show and it's by Michael Connelly, he's a good writer. I 've read a few of his books before. bed time again...Liz :-* :-*
sixtyniner

urneygirl

« Reply #21499 on: April 17, 2018, 04:15:14 PM »
Hi Liz, the ice storm was worse than I thought, there was a bit of snow last night but didn't last long, now the sun is shinning so hopefully that's it and spring is around the corner.  :)

I hope you feel better this morning :-* :-*

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #21500 on: April 17, 2018, 04:44:59 PM »

Hi Liz, the ice storm was worse than I thought, there was a bit of snow last night but didn't last long, now the sun is shinning so hopefully that's it and spring is around the corner.  :)

I hope you feel better this morning :-* :-*
oh Ruby,  I could complain all day but I will limit it to one, how's that ha.  my right eye is swollen and I have no idea what would have made it.  it's kinda sore as well.  I have been dabbing it all morning, anyway enough of that.  guess what, it's snowing outside but I hope it's only flurries and won't lay.  I think I 'm ready to immigrate to a warmer country. maybe where KC lives ha.  but sure I could not stand the heat so I guess I 'll have to put up with it.  watching the news there are more poor people worse of than  me, god help them, with out power and the other day in Stoney Creek  they had flooding etc.  I hope you're keeping well girl.  Liz :-*
sixtyniner

urneygirl

« Reply #21501 on: April 18, 2018, 03:49:50 PM »
Hi Liz, I think you need to get your eye checked out if it isn't getting better, I know it can be painful.  :-*

It's a bit brighter this morning although there are some dark clouds hovering above but the snow is starting to melt  :)

Nothing much going on here today just clearing up some laundry. I'll check back later.

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #21502 on: April 18, 2018, 10:48:07 PM »

Hi Liz, I think you need to get your eye checked out if it isn't getting better, I know it can be painful.  :-*

It's a bit brighter this morning although there are some dark clouds hovering above but the snow is starting to melt  :)

Nothing much going on here today just clearing up some laundry. I'll check back later.
Ruby, no change with my eye but I was in the emer. all day. I phone Roisin this morning at 6:30am and told her I needed to go to Joe Brand , the long and short is I have shingles.  what started last week they erupted and got infected and now I can only see out of one eye.  it kills too. anyway he gave me antibiotics and cream so I hope by the end of the week it should be clearing up.  it's hard trying to read or watch tv with one eye and even type. so I m away now..  Liz :-*   
sixtyniner

kraftcheese

« Reply #21503 on: Yesterday at 04:36:14 AM »
Liz, you poor thing.  Shingles is very painful and in the eye area it can be dangerous.  Please take good care of it and go to the hospital again if it doesn't clear up.  I looked up that book you mentioned - is it The Late Show?  It looks good.  I hope the ice has all disappeared around your area.  It won't be too long now until it's warming up there.  It's slowly getting cooler here, but today is beautiful and quite warm.  I'm just heading out to get my hair cut so I'll look in later.  :-*
Omnia in finem bona sunt. Si non bona non finis est.

urneygirl

« Reply #21504 on: Yesterday at 04:41:24 PM »
Hi girls,

Liz I'm sorry to hear you have shingles, I hope it clears up soon, I know a couple of people who have had it and it can be very painful. I got the shingles vaccination a couple of years ago but apparently it still doesn't prevent getting them. I'm sorry I'm in a rush, we're taking Bobby's cousin and my sister for lunch, I'll check back later , take care love  :-* :-*

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #21505 on: Yesterday at 06:10:45 PM »

Liz, you poor thing.  Shingles is very painful and in the eye area it can be dangerous.  Please take good care of it and go to the hospital again if it doesn't clear up.  I looked up that book you mentioned - is it The Late Show?  It looks good.  I hope the ice has all disappeared around your area.  It won't be too long now until it's warming up there.  It's slowly getting cooler here, but today is beautiful and quite warm.  I'm just heading out to get my hair cut so I'll look in later.  :-*
KC, still having problems typing but will do my best.  that book by Michael Connelly was called THE SHOW, it was my mistake  I wrote it wrong. but it's still good.  all our ice has gone although we get flurries now and again.  and it's going to be officially Spring soon.  yesterday at the hospital they looked into my eye and he said it was fine, he had to pull the eye lid up and put this dye in but TG all was good with that.    my friend was coming over to cut my hair but that will have to wait now.  anyway I have complained enough.  take care.  Liz
sixtyniner

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #21506 on: Yesterday at 06:18:26 PM »

Hi girls,

Liz I'm sorry to hear you have shingles, I hope it clears up soon, I know a couple of people who have had it and it can be very painful. I got the shingles vaccination a couple of years ago but apparently it still doesn't prevent getting them. I'm sorry I'm in a rush, we're taking Bobby's cousin and my sister for lunch, I'll check back later , take care love  :-* :-*
hi ruby, my friend called this morning , she was going to come and cut my hair and I told her about having the shingles , she said she got the vaccination  years ago and wondered why my dr. had not mentioned it to me. I was man so after I finished with her I phoned my DR. and she works today but one half in the office and the other half in the walk in clinic.  I told the receptionist to tell her to call me and that it was urgent so of course she wanted to know what the problem was , I was mad by then so I told her I had shingles and she told me to come to the clinic, I was near yelling at her, that's their answer for everything, I wanted to know why she never mentioned getting the vaccine, my friend who phoned me early on said her doctor had mentioned it to her and asked if she wanted it. so I want to know why mine didn't .  sorry love but it's hard trying to type with one eye.  I hope you have a good lunch.   Liz :-*   
sixtyniner

urneygirl

« Reply #21507 on: Today at 01:42:44 AM »
Liz, my Dr recommended the vaccine while we were there getting our Flu shot, it cost Bobby & I $220 each, not long after that I think the government were giving it free. ::) . What treatment did they give you ? I hope you feel better soon  :-* :-*

jackiehillis

« Reply #21508 on: Today at 01:47:12 AM »
Liz, my Dr recommended the vaccine while we were there getting our Flu shot, it cost Bobby & I $220 each, not long after that I think the government were giving it free. ::) . What treatment did they give you ? I hope you feel better soon  :-* :-*
           Ruby, it cost Vi & I the same. I believe it is free now for seniors.   :) :)
"Don't walk in front of me" "I  don't want you to lead " " Don't walk behind me" "I don't want you to follow" " Walk beside me and be my friend "

urneygirl

« Reply #21509 on: Today at 02:11:09 AM »
Jackie we're seniors we should have gotten a refund :D