Author Topic: CANADA TO-DAY.  (Read 1502506 times)

SIXTYNINER

Re: CANADA TO-DAY.
« Reply #21705 on: June 13, 2018, 11:33:49 PM »

HI. HOPE EVERYONE IS KEEPING WELL. HAVE BEEN ON THE GO SINCE WE GOT HERE. WEATHER HAS BEEN GREAT.  STARTING TO GET A LITTLE COOLER NOW. NORMAL BELFAST WEATHER. HEADING OFF TO DUBLIN TOMORROW ( THURSDAY ) THEN TO THE WICKLOW HILLS FOR A FEW DAYS. WILL KEEP IN TOUCH.
GLAD TO HEAR FROM YOU JACKIE AND THAT YOU ARE DOING OK.   IT'S NICE TO KNOW YOU  BOTH ARE HAVING A NICE TIME AND THEN OF TO SEE THE BEAUTIFUL WICKLOW MOUNTAINS.   JUST THOUGHT OF THE SONG  , I THINK IT WAS BIG SEAN DUNFRY ?  USE TO SING.  ABOUT THE  WICKLOW MOUNTAINS  I USE TO RAMBLE AS A BOY,  DEAR DANNY IT'S  SO LONESOME NOW  AMONG THE WICKLOW HILLS.   HAVE A GREAT TIME.   LIZ :-* :-*
sixtyniner

urneygirl

« Reply #21706 on: June 14, 2018, 03:22:57 PM »
HI JACKIE IT'S NICE TO HEAR YOU'RE HAVING A GOOD TIME AND GOOD WEATHER, YOUR TRIP TO THE WICKLOW MOUNTIANS SOUND LOVELY, I HOPE THE WEATHER STAYS NICE FOR YOU. SAY HI TO VI  :-* :-*   

urneygirl

« Reply #21707 on: June 14, 2018, 03:36:00 PM »
HI LIZ, I HOPE YOU'RE FEEING WELL TODAY.  :-*

THAT WAS SOME WIND LAST NIGHT, IT BLEW ONE OF MY GARDEN ORNAMENTS OFF THE DECK AND IT BROKE IN BITS.  :( THERE'S STILL A STRONG WIND THIS MORNING.

SARAH, SOUNDS LIKE YOU DID WELL ON YOUR SHOPPING SPREE, WE ALL LOVE A GOOD BARGIN DON'T WE O0

JEAN,  WHAT ARE YOU UP TO TODAY ? :-*

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #21708 on: June 15, 2018, 11:25:02 AM »
HI LIZ, I HOPE YOU'RE FEEING WELL TODAY.  :-*

THAT WAS SOME WIND LAST NIGHT, IT BLEW ONE OF MY GARDEN ORNAMENTS OFF THE DECK AND IT BROKE IN BITS.  :( THERE'S STILL A STRONG WIND THIS MORNING.

SARAH, SOUNDS LIKE YOU DID WELL ON YOUR SHOPPING SPREE, WE ALL LOVE A GOOD BARGIN DON'T WE O0
JEAN,  WHAT ARE YOU UP TO TODAY ? :-*

RUBY I'M SITTING HERE  THANKING GOD I HAVE MY INTERNET BACK.  I WAS  SO DEPRESSED  YESTERDAY .  YOU KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT WHEN I SAY, AFTER UPGRADING  , IT DOES  IT, IT'S SELF, I CAME ON YESTERDAY MORNING AND NO INTERNET. I WAITED AN HOUR FOR SOMEONE TO COME ON  AND TALK , LONG AND SHORT WE THOUGHT THAT WAS IT BUT NO LUCK, THEN I PHONED BACK AGAIN AND AGAIN WAITED,  I WAS THEN  TOLD  IT WAS MY COMPUTER AND TO GET A TEC OUT TO LOOK AT IT, COGECO AT THEIR END SAID  THEY HAD EVERYTHING IN ORDER AND COULD SEE  NOTHING WAS WRONG,.  I AM SO MAD >:D AT THEM  BUT THEY SAID IT HAD TO BE MICROSOFT  , LONG AND SHORT I TRIED IT A FEW TIMES AND TURNED IT OF SO LAST NIGHT I TURNED IT OF AND LEFT IT.  I WAS GOING TO FIND OUT ABOUT GETTING SOMEONE OUT TO FIX IT AND LOW AND BEHOLD , I HAD IT NOW.   SORRY FOR GOING ON BUT I'M SO SICK OF THIS.  SOME WEEKS AGO I HAD NO TV , PHONE OR INTERNET.  THEY CAME ON AFTER A FEW DAYS BUT THE TV WAS OF FOR 5.  I WAS THINKING OF BOBBY  WHEN THEY ASKED ME TO CHECK  ABOUT A CORD  , WHERE IT WENT AND WAS IT IN ANOTHER BOX ETC. I TOLD THEM I HAD MOBILITTY PROBLEMS AND HAD PROBLEMS EVENING STANDING.  THE SECOND GUY WHO HAD COME ON  WAS SO SMUG I STARTED GETTING MAD AT HIM AND YELLED THAT I NEEDED TO SIT DOWN.  ANYWAY IT'S FIXED AGAIN.  SORRY AGAIN FOR RUNNING ON.   IT WAS BLOWING A GALE HERE AS WELL.  IT'S PRETTY COOL RIGHT NOW. I HAVE MY DOOR OPEN  BUT THE SUN IS SHINNING.  I'M SORRY ABOUT  YOUR ORNAMENTS.   IT MUST HAVE BEEN WILD .  IT'S NICE AND CALM NOW.  I HOPE YOU HAVE A GOOD DAY GIRL.  LIZ :-* :-*
sixtyniner

muckles

« Reply #21709 on: June 15, 2018, 02:49:20 PM »
Hi Sixtyniner:

Sometimes after windows does updates, it kicks out your modem, and you have to reboot it.  You can do this by unplugging it.  Wait 30 secs, and plug it back in.  Sometimes though it doesn't reconnect to the internet.  If you look at the bottom of your taskbar ( the black bar at the bottom of your screen ) you will see a little icon like  a wave.  Left click on that and all the networks will appear.  You should know yours.  It might say connected even though you are not connected.  Hit disconnect, and then hit connect, which should reconnect you.  Hope this helps.

Take care.  Muckles
It's not enough that we do our best;
sometimes we have to do what's required.
Go n-eírí an bóthar leat is do chasán cóngaír

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #21710 on: June 15, 2018, 05:48:49 PM »
Hi Sixtyniner:

Sometimes after windows does updates, it kicks out your modem, and you have to reboot it.  You can do this by unplugging it.  Wait 30 secs, and plug it back in.  Sometimes though it doesn't reconnect to the internet.  If you look at the bottom of your taskbar ( the black bar at the bottom of your screen ) you will see a little icon like  a wave.  Left click on that and all the networks will appear.  You should know yours.  It might say connected even though you are not connected.  Hit disconnect, and then hit connect, which should reconnect you.  Hope this helps.

Take care.  Muckles

MUCKLES, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THAT INFO.   I DID DO THE UNPLUG THING AND IT MADE NO DIFFERENCE  AND  KEPT TRYING OTHER THINGS EXCEPT FOR CRAWLING UNDER MY COMPUTER DESK,  SOMETHING I COULD NOT DO  SO I TRIED DOING WHAT'VE DONE BEFORE  WHEN HAVING PROBLEMS WITH MY COMPUTER, I TURN IT OF AND  LEAVE IT.  I HAD DONE THAT BEFORE BUT TURNED IT ON IMEDIATELY  SR?  BUT THIS TIME I LEFT IT OVER NIGHT AND I JUST PUT IT TO SLEEP , NOT TURNED OFF.  ANYWAY THIS MORNING IT WAS OK.  BUT THANK YOU FOR THAT INFO. AND I WILL KEEP IT , JUST IN CASE.   LIZ :-*
sixtyniner

urneygirl

« Reply #21711 on: June 15, 2018, 10:50:58 PM »
HI LIZ, I SYMPATHIZE WITH YOU HAVING TROUBLE  WITH THE COMPUTER, I STILL GET THE ODD PROBLEM BUT MY NEPHEW TOLD ME NOT TO TURN IT OFF JUST  PUT IT ON SLEEP, I DIDN'T KNOW YOU COULD DO THAT. :o IF I HAVE A PROBLEM BOBBY DOES THE SAME AS MUCKLES SUGESTED.

I THOUGHT THE WEEKEND WAS SUPPOSED TO BE NICE,  I HEARD ON THE RADIO WE'RE GETTING RAIN TOMORROW AND SUNDAY SO I'M NOT TOO HAPPY ABOUT THAT  ::)

I HOPE ALL OUR WEE CHUMS NEAR & FAR HAVE A LOVELY WEEKEND.   :-** :-*

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #21712 on: June 16, 2018, 12:31:03 AM »
HI LIZ, I SYMPATHIZE WITH YOU HAVING TROUBLE  WITH THE COMPUTER, I STILL GET THE ODD PROBLEM BUT MY NEPHEW TOLD ME NOT TO TURN IT OFF JUST  PUT IT ON SLEEP, I DIDN'T KNOW YOU COULD DO THAT. :o IF I HAVE A PROBLEM BOBBY DOES THE SAME AS MUCKLES SUGESTED.

I THOUGHT THE WEEKEND WAS SUPPOSED TO BE NICE,  I HEARD ON THE RADIO WE'RE GETTING RAIN TOMORROW AND SUNDAY SO I'M NOT TOO HAPPY ABOUT THAT  ::)
I HOPE ALL OUR WEE CHUMS NEAR & FAR HAVE A LOVELY WEEKEND.    *

OH RUBY, I'M SITTING HERE SWEATING, I TURNED  ON THE COMPUTER, FROM SLEEP STAGE AND THOUGHT I WAS HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM.  MY HEART WAS IN MY MOUTH.  I COULD NOT GET MY  EMAILS, IT JUST KEPT SAYING,  NO REPLY.  SO I WENT THROUGH IT ONE BY ONE AND TG IT'S WORKING.   I DON'T REMEMBER WHO  TOLD ME OR I FOUND OUT, ABOUT JUST PUTTING IT TO SLEEP.  IT'S SUPPOSED TO SAVE HYDRO BUT I DO IT AS IT'S MUCH  EASIER TO  START AGAIN AND I DON'T LOSE MY GAMES OR MY ICONS ON THE BOTTOM OF MY PAGE.  SHUTTING IT DOWN THEY ALL GO.  WELL IT'S BEEN NICE HERE TODAY.  I GOT MY UK PENSION SORTED THIS MORNING AND IT WILL BE STARTING AGAIN AND THEY ARE PAYING ME FROM WHEN THEY STOPPED IT.  DO YOU KNOW WHAT I LOVED.  THE MAN WHO I SPOKE TO HAD A WELSH ACCENT AND I JUST LOVED HEARING HIM HA.  MY FRIEND DID SOME GROCERIES FOR ME SO I'VE FOOD IN THE HOUSE.  HA.  I HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND.  FOR THOSE STILL WATCHING CORRIE, THERE IS AN AD THEY KEEP SHOWING FOR IT AND IT LOOKS GOOD.  HAVE A GOOD NIGHT.   LIZ :-* :-*
sixtyniner

urneygirl

« Reply #21713 on: June 16, 2018, 03:54:32 PM »
GOOD MORNING LIZ, I'M GLAD YOU HAVE THINGS SORTED OUT. WE HAD A POWER FAILURE VERY EARLY THIS MORNING, THANKFULLY MY COMPUTER REBOOTED IT'S SELF, SO NO PROBLEMS.

WE JUST GOT SAD NEWS FROM HOME, BOBBY'S BROTHER-IN -LAWS SISTER ( KATHLEEN) PASSED AWAY THIS MORNING. SHE SUFFERED WITH CANCER AND WAS VERY BRAVE THROUGH IT ALL. MAY SHE REST IN PEACE. XO

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #21714 on: June 16, 2018, 08:10:30 PM »
GOOD MORNING LIZ, I'M GLAD YOU HAVE THINGS SORTED OUT. WE HAD A POWER FAILURE VERY EARLY THIS MORNING, THANKFULLY MY COMPUTER REBOOTED IT'S SELF, SO NO PROBLEMS.

WE JUST GOT SAD NEWS FROM HOME, BOBBY'S BROTHER-IN -LAWS SISTER ( KATHLEEN) PASSED AWAY THIS MORNING. SHE SUFFERED WITH CANCER AND WAS VERY BRAVE THROUGH IT ALL. MAY SHE REST IN PEACE. XO

RUBY I AM SO SORRY TO HEAR THAT.  MY SYMPATHIES TO YOU BOTH AND TO BOBBY'S FAMILY.  IT HAS TO BE HARD FOR HIM BEING OVER HERE,   I'M SURE SHE'S IN A BETTER PLACE AND OUT OF PAIN.   RIP  KATHLEEN.    :'( :'(   LIZ :(
sixtyniner

urneygirl

« Reply #21715 on: June 17, 2018, 02:16:24 PM »
HI LIZ, IT'S NOT BOBBY'S SISTER , IT'S HIS  BROTHER IN LAWS SISTER WHO PASSED AWAY, WE TALKED TO HIM YESTERDAY AND HE'S DEVESTATED, HE WAS VERY CLOSE TO HIS ONLY SISTER AND SPENT A LOT OF TIME AT THE HOSPITAL WITH HER.

ON A BRIGHTER NOTE, I WISH ALL YOU WONDERFUL DAD'S A VERY HAPPY FATHER'S DAY    :-**

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #21716 on: June 17, 2018, 06:22:57 PM »
HI LIZ, IT'S NOT BOBBY'S SISTER , IT'S HIS  BROTHER IN LAWS SISTER WHO PASSED AWAY, WE TALKED TO HIM YESTERDAY AND HE'S DEVESTATED, HE WAS VERY CLOSE TO HIS ONLY SISTER AND SPENT A LOT OF TIME AT THE HOSPITAL WITH HER.

ON A BRIGHTER NOTE, I WISH ALL YOU WONDERFUL DAD'S A VERY HAPPY FATHER'S DAY    :-* *

RUBY I AM SO SORRY FOR MAKING THAT MISTAKE.  BUT IT'S STILL HARD   TO HAVE  SOMEONE  PASS AWAY AND I'M SURE HIS BROTHER IN LAW  IS FEELING VERY BAD.   WILL SAY A WEE PRAYER FOR HIM AND HIS FAMILY.   

I MEANT TO WISH ALL FATHERS A HAPPY FATHER'S DAY  AND FORGOT SO I'M GLAD YOU REMINDED ME.   IT'S VERY HUMID OUTSIDE I CAN HARDLY KEEP MY EYES OPEN AND IT'S SEEM LIKE IT'S GOING TO BE LIKE THIS  FOR A WHILE, I MIGHT JUST PUT THE AIR ON FOR KEEPS.  I JUST PUT IT ON WHILE SITTING HERE.   IT SAYS THE TEMP. IS UP TO 30c I HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT DAY.  LIZ :-* :-*
sixtyniner

BREDAGUY

« Reply #21717 on: June 17, 2018, 08:20:18 PM »
Hi ruby

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #21718 on: June 18, 2018, 05:53:20 PM »
THE SKYS HAVE OPENED AND RIGHT NOW IT'S A DELUGE , THERE'S A SHEET OF WATER  RUNNING FROM THE BALCONY ABOVE.  I HOPE ALL YOU GARDENERS  HAVE NOT WATERED YOUR LAWNS YET, YOU WON'T NEED TO NOW HA.    HAVE A GOOD DAY.  LIZ :-*
sixtyniner

urneygirl

« Reply #21719 on: June 18, 2018, 11:28:02 PM »
Hi ruby

Hi miss Eleanor, it's lovely to hear from you,  I hope all is well with you and the family.  Are you going to  Benidorm  the same time as the girls ? Sadie's looking forward to going, wish I was going :(

Bobby's sister Eileen and David are coming to Canada at the end of June for 3 weeks, hopefully our weather will stay nice for them. :)

Bobby sends his best :-* :-*