Author Topic: CANADA TO-DAY.  (Read 1493232 times)

SIXTYNINER

Re: CANADA TO-DAY.
« Reply #21915 on: August 05, 2018, 09:38:12 PM »
GOOD MORNING ALL

LIZ, IT WAS VERY HOT YESTERDAY, THE CONCERT WAS IN A PARK AND THEY HAD A STAGE SET UP. IT WAS AN ACCORDION FESTIVAL AND MOSTLY   
SLOVENIAN MUSIC SO IT GOT A BIT MUCH AFTER AWHILE. IT WAS A VERY LONG DAY AND WE WERE SHATTERED BY THE TIME WE GOT HOME.
SORRY TO HEAR YOU HAD SOME PAIN AGAIN, HOPEFULLY YOU FEEL BETTER THIS MORNING. :-*
JEAN, I SEE YOU'RE STILL LOOKING AFTER THE GIRLS, YOU'RE A GOOD GRANNY :-*

THANKS RUBY,  IT EVENTUALLY WENT AWAY .  I'M SURE YOU WERE ALL HOT AND TIRED SO I HOPE THEY KEPT YOU FED AND WATERED. HA.  IT'S VERY HOT AND HUMID TODAY.   "THEY SAY" WATCHING THE KIDS KEEPS YOU YOUNG, NOT HAVING TO DO THAT I DON'T KNOW BUT IT MAKES YOU TIRED AND GLAD TO HAND THEM OVER HA.  LIZ :-*
sixtyniner

urneygirl

« Reply #21916 on: August 06, 2018, 04:50:27 PM »
HI LIZ, THIS HEAT IS NOT LETTING UP, I TRIED SITTING OUT YESTERDAY FOR AWHILE BUT IT EVEN GOT TOO MUCH FOR ME. I PITY ANYONE WHO DOSEN'T HAVE AIR CONDITION.
THE FOOD AT THE FESTIVAL WAS POLISH SAUSAGE & SAURKRAUT, I DON'T REALLY LIKE EITHER ONE BUT I WAS SO HUNGRY I FORCED THE SAUSAGE AND GAVE MYSELF INDIGESTION THE REST OF THE DAY :D

I'M GLAD TO HEAR YOUR PAIN HAS EASED,  :-*

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #21917 on: August 06, 2018, 05:25:13 PM »
HI LIZ, THIS HEAT IS NOT LETTING UP, I TRIED SITTING OUT YESTERDAY FOR AWHILE BUT IT EVEN GOT TOO MUCH FOR ME. I PITY ANYONE WHO DOSEN'T HAVE AIR CONDITION.
THE FOOD AT THE FESTIVAL WAS POLISH SAUSAGE & SAURKRAUT, I DON'T REALLY LIKE EITHER ONE BUT I WAS SO HUNGRY I FORCED THE SAUSAGE AND GAVE MYSELF INDIGESTION THE REST OF THE DAY :D

I'M GLAD TO HEAR YOUR PAIN HAS EASED,  :-*

RUBY,  I LIKE BOTH THOSE THINGS BUT THEY DON'T LIKE ME.  THE SAURKRAUT I HAVE TO STAY IN AFTER EATING IT HA.   I PITY THOSE WHO DO NOT HAVE AIR ESPECIALLY IN APARTMENTS.  IT MUST BE HELL IF YOU LIVE UP HIGH.   THE FORECAST SAYS IT'S COMING DOWN A BIT BUT THE HUMIDITY KEEPS IT UP.  MY SISTER SAYS  IT WAS  NOT SO GOOD THERE, BELFAST,  IT WAS RAINING, SO WHAT'S NEW HA.   WE NEED THE RAIN FOR THE POOR GRASS.  I HAD THOUGHT OF SITTING  ON THE BALCONY BUT  I CAN'T STAND THAT HEAT OR HUMIDY AND EVEN THOUGH I'M INSIDE  WITH AIR, MY HANDS FEEL PUFFED UP, I CAN TELL ANYWAY BY THE RINGS BEING TIGHT.  NOUGH  COMPLAINING HA.  HOW'S EVERYONE  BACK HOME RUBY.   I  HOPE THEY ARE KEEPING WELL.   LOVE LIZ :-*
sixtyniner

urneygirl

« Reply #21918 on: August 06, 2018, 05:49:56 PM »
HI LIZ, I WAS ABOUT TO SIGN OFF WHEN I SAW YOUR POST. EVERYTHING SOUNDS GOOD AT HOME, EILEEN IS DOING GREAT AND IS TALKING ABOUT GOING TO SPAIN LATER ON IN THE YEAR, SHE EVEN TRIED TO TALK US INTO GOING WITH THEM BUT IT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN :D. :-*

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #21919 on: August 07, 2018, 12:12:34 AM »
HI LIZ, I WAS ABOUT TO SIGN OFF WHEN I SAW YOUR POST. EVERYTHING SOUNDS GOOD AT HOME, EILEEN IS DOING GREAT AND IS TALKING ABOUT GOING TO SPAIN LATER ON IN THE YEAR, SHE EVEN TRIED TO TALK US INTO GOING WITH THEM BUT IT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN :D . :-*

RUBY, I WAS JUST ABOUT TO SIGN OF WHEN I SAW YOURS HA. IT PUTS YOUR MIND AT REST WHEN THINGS ARE GOING OK BACK HOME. GLAD THAT SHE IS THINKING OF GOING TO SPAIN AND I HOPE THEY HAVE A GREAT TIME.  JUST A PITY YOUSE CAN'T GO WITH THEM, THAT WOULD MEAN WINNING THE LOTTEREY. HA.  IT'S BEEN A LONG TIME SINCE I WAS THERE AND I BET THE LITTLE PLACE MY FRIENDS AND I USE TO GO TO HAS CHANGED , IT'S PROBABLY TWICE THE SIZE NOW.  PEOPLE GO TO SPAIN LIKE  THEY ARE GOING FOR A LONG WEEKEND HERE HA.  ANYWAY I'M OF NOW LOVE .  SEE YOU LATER MAYBE.   *
sixtyniner

urneygirl

« Reply #21920 on: August 07, 2018, 06:07:58 PM »
HI LIZ , MY COMPUTER IS BACK IN THE SHOP TO BE CHECKED OUT, I WAS STILL HAVING A FEW PROBLEMS. MY MONITOR MAY BE THE PROBLEM,, I,M USING THE TABLET SO I HAVE TO KEEP THIS SHORT. EXCUSE THE MISTAKES THIS IS MY FIRST TIME SENDING A MESSAGE ON IT.  :-* ,       

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #21921 on: August 07, 2018, 10:26:39 PM »
HI LIZ , MY COMPUTER IS BACK IN THE SHOP TO BE CHECKED OUT, I WAS STILL HAVING A FEW PROBLEMS. MY MONITOR MAY BE THE PROBLEM,, I,M USING THE TABLET SO I HAVE TO KEEP THIS SHORT. EXCUSE THE MISTAKES THIS IS MY FIRST TIME SENDING A MESSAGE ON IT.  :-* ,     

OH RUBY, I'M SORRY TO HEAR  THAT AGAIN.  LIKE YOU SAID BEFORE, MAYBE IT'S TIME FOR A NEW ONE. ?    ABOUT MAKING MISTAKES,  YOU WOULD NOT BELIEVE HOW MANY I MAKE JUST TYPING  THIS POST.  I HAVE TO KEEP GOING BACK AND CORRECTING THEM HA.   I HOPE IT'S NOTHING  THAT'S GOING TO COST YOU AN ARM AND A LEG.   LIZ :-*
sixtyniner

urneygirl

« Reply #21922 on: August 08, 2018, 10:37:38 PM »
HI LIZ, I'M ON MY NEW COMPUTER, MY OLD MONITOR HAD THE BISCUIT AND COULDN'T BE FIXED, I NOW HAVE A BIGER SCREEN AND I LIKE IT. :) 

I HOPE ALL IS WELL WITH YOU AND YOU'RE NOT HAVING ANY PAIN.  I'M CHECKING OUT THE SIZE OF THE PRINT, IT MAY BE TOO BIG.

urneygirl

« Reply #21923 on: August 08, 2018, 10:50:28 PM »
IT'S ME AGAIN, I'M JUST TESTING.

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #21924 on: August 08, 2018, 10:57:43 PM »
HI LIZ, I'M ON MY NEW COMPUTER, MY OLD MONITOR HAD THE BISCUIT AND COULDN'T BE FIXED, I NOW HAVE A BIGER SCREEN AND I LIKE IT. :) 

I HOPE ALL IS WELL WITH YOU AND YOU'RE NOT HAVING ANY PAIN.  I'M CHECKING OUT THE SIZE OF THE PRINT, IT MAY BE TOO BIG.

RUBY, I NEVER EVEN GOT THIS POST.  OH WELL, CARRY ON.  I'M GLAD YOU GOT A NEW ONE AND HOPE YOU HAVE MANY HAPPY DAYS ON IT.  I LOVE THE BIG SCREEN , NOW WHEN WE WERE PICKING OUT ONE I SAID I WANTED A BIG ONE AND LOADS OF SPACE SO ROISIN PICKED THIS ONE.   THANK YOU FOR ASKING AND SO FAR I'M DOING OK.  YOU WILL GET USE TO THE NEW ONE AND ALL IT'S BELLS AND WHISELS, SPELL CHECK SAYS THAT WORD IS SPELT RIGHT, CAN YOU BELIEVE IT.   GUESS WHAT, I WAS OFFERED AN APARTMENT ON THE FIRST FLOOR BECAUSE THEY ARE SUITED TO PEOPLE WITH WHEEL CHAIRS AND SCOOTERS. THEY HAVE AN ELECTRIC DOOR. ROBERT THE SUPPER  TOLD ME THEY HAD JUST  DONE IT UP AND IT WAS MINE IF I WANTED IT, BECAUSE OF MY SCOOTER,  SO I WENT DOWN AND HAD A LOOK AND ROBERT WAS WITH ME, GOD LOVE HIM  I THINK HE THOUGHT I WOULD JUMP AT IT, HE KEPT SAYING  IT WAS UP TO ME AND HE HAD THOUGHT OF ME RIDING THE SCOOTER ETC .  THE BIG PLUS WAS THE BACK PATIO , IT WAS LARGE AND  ALL THE GREEN GRASS ETC, ALL THE ANIMALS  WOULD BE OUT THERE BUT I THINK MY APARTMENT IS  BETTER.  I HAVE MORE CUPBOARDS ,   ROBERT SAYS  I WOULD GET USE TO THINGS , LIKE THE DOOR CLOSING TO QUICK BUT I'M OK GETTING OUT OF MY OWN.  ANYWAY I DON'T THINK I'LL BE TAKING IT.  I HATE TO DISAPOINT  THEM,  BUT THE BACK PATIO WAS THE ONLY GOOD THING I LIKED.  EVEN THE KITCHEN  HAD NO CUPBOARDS .  I HAVE SO MANY AND THEY ARE ALL FILLED. WHAT WOULD I DO  WITH ALL THE STUFF IN THEM..SORRY FOR GOING ON.  I TELL YOU  I REALLY ENJOYED DOWN STAIRS TALKING TO SOME OF THE LADIES.  SYLVIA WAS THERE AND I HAD A NICE TIME WITH THEM .. I COULD HAVE STAYED ON BUT THEY ALL  HAD TO    MOVE.  OH WELL  HAVE A GOOD NIGHT LOVE.   LIZ :-*
sixtyniner

jillyfred

« Reply #21925 on: August 09, 2018, 11:19:48 PM »

Hello!
Well,its cooled down over here a little-thankfully from my point of view!We have had some much needed rain-
but its still nice weather for those on holiday-and of course for the children still on their school holidays.

Jean when do the children go back to school in Canada?As you know,here its around the 4th September.I am sure
you love having the wee ones but they are rather a handful!

Ruby-that`s good news about Eileen-she really has got tremendous benefit from her time with you both and of
course meeting up on the Washington trip with the others.I had a laugh at the thought of you and Bobby taking off
to Spain from Canada for a break!
You had already had a `gallivant`around your own area of the World, and of course all the entertaining that comes
with having guests-family or not-it is a lot of work ,and your out of your way of going for want of a better expression!

No,I have never been to Venice.The first time I went abroad the package deals had just started.It was 1964 and I went on
my own to Majorca for a fortnight.How that came about was-the boyfriend at that time and myself were to go to stay
with his sister in Scotland and also tour about.I `fell out` as we used to say-with him a few weeks before.
In those days we had to book our holidays in work in January-so I was going to be hanging around home for my 2 weeks.
So,my Daddy-who was the light of my life -understood this and when I asked him about going away myself he took me
into the City to a Travel Agency where he knew a man there.
This man asked me what \I wanted in the holiday-I said I want sun and somewhere there are young people!So he decided
Majorca was the place for me!a
So Daddy leaves me up to Aldergrove,I fly to London,then got myself on the plane to Palma.Arrived at the hotel at
around 4.00 am-could not speak a word of Spanish-the Nightporter could not speak any English-other to say `Passport`
you get Reception later.
Well,I had been told never to give up my Passport to anyone-so he and I were at loggerheads on that -until eventually
I had to leave it with him and go to my room as I was exhausted.
Unpacked -but sleep was out of the question worrying about the Passport.At 8.30 I was down to Reception asking for it!
Of course,no problem-but I of course had no idea this was the form when one arrived in the early hours in those days.
I phoned home later and when Mummy heard I had a room with two beds in it she nearly had a fit-thinking I might
have someone else joining me!
I did feel very embarrassed having breakfast at my wee table on my own.However,went into the bar for a coffee later
and down at the bottom of the room were about 30 young people like myself.There was a record player and they were
having a great time-10 am!A girl came up to the Bar for cigarettes and she said to me-in a Manchester accent-ČAre you
on your own`-yes said I-`well come and join us then`!
That was me for the fortnight!It was such a great holiday and it was the start of me holidaying on my own.
You`ll be sorry Ruby you asked me about having been to Venice!!!

Liz I hope your getting nearer the time to getting sorted at the Dentist -and that the pain has been held in abeyance by
the tablets your taking.
I think your right to stay in your Apartment rather than move -as you said that one does not have all the storage you
need-and anyway the hassle of moving does not bear thinking about !

Well,must go now-and let you folk `get your heads showered`!
Take care.
Jillian  :-*

jillyfred

« Reply #21926 on: August 09, 2018, 11:22:42 PM »

Ruby meant to say Good Luck with your new Computer.
Also,the Polish Menu and the Music-not my scene either!

:-*

mcd

« Reply #21927 on: August 10, 2018, 03:25:50 AM »
GOOD TO SEE YOU GIRLS HAVE BEEN BUSY CHIT CHATTING AWAY ,  NOW I AM CAUGHT UP .   

JILLIAN , FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL IS SEPT 4TH   I THINK PARENTS AND THE KIDS ARE READY   I DO ENJOY THE GIRLS ( 9 & 7) BUT AS YOU SAY THEY HAVE BOUNDS OF ENERGY 

RUBY, GOOD TO SEE YOUR BACK IN THE COMPUTER WORLD AGAIN  I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF A BISCUIT IN A COMPUTER   WAS IT A CUSTARD CREAM OH I LOVE  CUSTARD CREAMS   ;)  :D

LIZ  AS YOU KNOW I PREFER THE COOLER WEATHER SPRING AND FALL  (AUTUMN ) ARE MY FAVORITE TIME OF THE YEAR .SPEAKING OF COOLER MONTHS I CAN'T BELIEVE HOW MUCH CHRISTMAS ITEMS THERE IS OUT NOW AND WE AREN'T EVEN  CLOSE TO THANKSGIVING.

WOULD HAVE BEEN NICE IF THE GROUND FLOOR APT WAS THE SAME LAYOUT AS THE ONE YOU ARE IN NOW  SEEMS SILLY NOT TO HAVE GOOD CUPBOARD SPACE EVERYBODY NEEDS SPACE . HAD TO HAVE BEEN A MAN WHO DESIGNED IT  :D 

REMEMBER THE TOMATO PLANT THAT I BOUGHT THAT TURNED OUT TO BE A PEPPER PLANT WELL THE PEPPERS ARE GROWING REALLY WELL  BUT SOME ARE GREEN OTHERS ARE RED I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT'S GOING ON  WITH THIS PLANT  ???   

SUPPOSED TO BE GETTING A BAD STORM SOMETIME TONIGHT  HEAVY RAIN AND STRONG WINDS ,SO STAY DRY AND SAFE

GOOD NIGHT ,SLEEP WELL  :lazy: :lazy:

Light travels faster than sound, This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #21928 on: August 10, 2018, 05:44:50 AM »
[font=&amp]
[font=&amp]
Liz I hope your getting nearer the time to getting sorted at the Dentist -and that the pain has been held in abeyance by[/color][/font][/size]
[font=&amp]
[font=&amp]
the tablets your taking.[/color][/font][/size]
[font=&amp]
[font=&amp]
I think your right to stay in your Apartment rather than move -as you said that one does not have all the storage you[/color][/font][/size]
[font=&amp]
[font=&amp]
need-and anyway the hassle of moving does not bear thinking about ![/color][/font][/size]
JILLY, I REALLY ENJOYED YOUR STORY AND I THOUGHT YOU WERE VERY BRAVE TO GO  TO A STRANGE PLACE ON YOUR OWN, I'M GLAD YOU HAD A GOOD TIME. I USE TO GO TO THE PICTURES ON MY OWN BUT I GUESS THAT'S NOT THE SAME HA.   I WENT DOWN TO SEE THE  APARTMENT AGAIN WITH MY FRIEND WHO THINKS I SHOULD TAKE IT.  THEY ALL SAY THERE IS  NO PRESURE BUT  MAYBE WITHOUT KNOWING IT THEY ARE PRESURING ME.   SO I REALLY HAVE TO THINK HARD.  THE THOUGHT OF MOVING AGAIN  IS TOO MUCH, MY FRIEND SAYS THEY WILL HELP ME BUT ?      KEEP THOSE STORIES COMING GIRL.   LIZ :-*
sixtyniner

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #21929 on: August 10, 2018, 05:56:09 AM »
GOOD TO SEE YOU GIRLS HAVE BEEN BUSY CHIT CHATTING AWAY ,  NOW I AM CAUGHT UP .   

JILLIAN , FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL IS SEPT 4TH   I THINK PARENTS AND THE KIDS ARE READY   I DO ENJOY THE GIRLS ( 9 & 7) BUT AS YOU SAY THEY HAVE BOUNDS OF ENERGY 

RUBY, GOOD TO SEE YOUR BACK IN THE COMPUTER WORLD AGAIN  I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF A BISCUIT IN A COMPUTER   WAS IT A CUSTARD CREAM OH I LOVE  CUSTARD CREAMS   ;) :D

LIZ  AS YOU KNOW I PREFER THE COOLER WEATHER SPRING AND FALL  (AUTUMN ) ARE MY FAVORITE TIME OF THE YEAR .SPEAKING OF COOLER MONTHS I CAN'T BELIEVE HOW MUCH CHRISTMAS ITEMS THERE IS OUT NOW AND WE AREN'T EVEN  CLOSE TO THANKSGIVING.

WOULD HAVE BEEN NICE IF THE GROUND FLOOR APT WAS THE SAME LAYOUT AS THE ONE YOU ARE IN NOW  SEEMS SILLY NOT TO HAVE GOOD CUPBOARD SPACE EVERYBODY NEEDS SPACE . HAD TO HAVE BEEN A MAN WHO DESIGNED IT  :D 

REMEMBER THE TOMATO PLANT THAT I BOUGHT THAT TURNED OUT TO BE A PEPPER PLANT WELL THE PEPPERS ARE GROWING REALLY WELL  BUT SOME ARE GREEN OTHERS ARE RED I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT'S GOING ON  WITH THIS PLANT  ???   

SUPPOSED TO BE GETTING A BAD STORM SOMETIME TONIGHT  HEAVY RAIN AND STRONG WINDS ,SO STAY DRY AND SAFE

GOOD NIGHT ,SLEEP WELL  :lazy: :lazy:

JEAN,    THEY ARE GETTING THE DOOR FIXED  SO IT  DOES NOT MAKE A NOISE  AND IT STAYS OPEN LONGER BUT THAT STILL DOES NOT  MAKE IT ANY EASIER.  JEAN MY FAV.  TIME WAS AUTUMN AS WELL,  I LOVED WALKING THROUGH THE LEAVES ETC.   THE COLOURS  OVER HERE WHICH I NEVER THOUGHT OF BACK HOME.   THAT PLANT , ARE THE PEPPERS HOT ONES OR THE OTHER KIND, I LIKE THE COLOURED ONES, THEY ARE NICE AND SWEET.   MY FRIEND CAME OVER TO SEE THE APPARTMENT AND  SHE HAD BROUGHT  HER LITTLE G.SON WITH HER.  HE'S 5.  AFTER WE WENT ROUND TO TIMMIES  AND I HAD A BREAKFAST SANDWICH WITH THE WORKS,  MY MEAT WAS THE SAUSAGE, I'M GETTING HOOKED ON THOSE THINGS.    IF IT'S TO  RAIN I HOPE IT'S THROUGH THE NIGHT AND NOT TOMORROW.   LIZ :-*
sixtyniner