Author Topic: CANADA TO-DAY.  (Read 1505813 times)

SIXTYNINER

Re: CANADA TO-DAY.
« Reply #22215 on: November 07, 2018, 03:52:00 AM »
HI GANG ,  WELL  AFTER TOMORROW I SHOULD. BE CHECKING IN A LOT MORE .  TOMORROW IS OUR LUNCHEON FOR THE  VETERANS , WE ARE. CELEBRATING 100 th ANNIVERSARY OF  ARMISTICE WEEK
SOME OF THE GIRLS ARE GOING TO THE CLUB AT 7 AM TOMORROW MORNING AND MY GROUP WILL. BE HEADING DOWN FOR 11am SO ITS GOING TO BE A BUSY DAY 
I AM SO EXCITED ABOUT IT BECAUSE OUR CLUB BOUGHT A HUGE. CANADIAN FLAG AND LAST WEEK WE TOOK IT TO 3 SCHOOLS SO THE KIDS COULD WRITE THEIR NAMES ON IT ,THERE IS ABOUT 2000 NAMES ON IT  NOT INCLUDING THE CLUB MEMBERS  AFTER THE  PARADE ON. VETERANS DAY IT WILL GO TO THE SCUGOG  MUSEUM.   SO THATS MY WEE BIT OF NEWS   
THE WEATHER HAS BEEN DEPRESSING THESE PAST COUPLE OF DAYS I WOULD RATHER Have SNOW  ❄️ 

ITS BEEN VERY WINDY ALL DAY .   I HOPE EVERYONE IS KEEPING WELL  I Will GO AND CATCH UP ON ALL THAT  YOU GIRLS HAVE BEEN UP TO  I WILL TALK TILL YOUS LATER XX

JEAN, SO GOOD TO HEAR YOU AGAIN.   THAT FLAG WITH ALL THE NAMES ON IT SOUNDS SO  GOOD.  I BET THE KIDS HAD FUN WRITING THEIR NAMES ON A FLAG THAT'S GOING INTO A MUSEUM.  IT WILL BE SOMETHING TO SEE IT  WHILE YOU ARE MARCHING AND VERY EMOTIONAL,  I HOPE THE WEATHER STAYS NICE FOR YOU.I BET THE LUNCHEON  TABLE WILL LOOK BEAUTIFUL WITH ALL THOSE POPPIES AND I BET IT WILL BE VERY SPECIAL FOR THE VETERANS.   NOW DID I  HEAR RIGHT, YOU WOULD RATHER HAVE SNOW, OH JEAN,  I KNOW THE WEATHER  HAS BEEN DAMP , ALL MY BONES WILL CONFIRM THAT HA.  BUT NOT THE OTHER STUFF SURELY.   HA.   LIZ :-*
sixtyniner

urneygirl

« Reply #22216 on: November 07, 2018, 04:04:15 PM »
LIZ, I JUST READ SOME POSTS SO I COULD REPLY TO THEM AND I NOTICED I HAD A SPELLING MISTAKE IN ONE I SENT YOU ::) IT WAS " OPTOMETRIST " :-[ I WILL HAVE TO USE MY SPELL CHECK IN FUTURE  :D.

HAVE YOU ANY PLANS FOR TODAY ? THE SUN IS TRYING TO COME OUT. :-*

I FEEL SORRY FOR SOME PEOPLE WHO HAVE RAKED THEIR LAWNS, THEY'RE ALL COVERED IN LEAVES AGAIN AFTER THE HIGH WINDS YEASTERDAY. BOBBY WAS ADVISED TO JUST RUN THE LAWNMOWER OVER THEM, IT BREAKS THEM UP INTO SMALLER PIECES AND THEY ARE SMALL ENOUGH TO GET INTO THE SOIL AND FERTILIZE. HOPE IT WORKS  :)

JEAN, GOOD LUCK TODAY, I'M SURE THE LUNCH WILL BE LOVELY, YOUR CLUB HAVE PUT A LOT OF HARD WORK INTO IT, I HOPE YOU GET SOME PHOTOS. :-*   

I BETTER GET A MOVE ON, WE'RE MEETING BOBBY'S COUSIN FOR LUNCH SO I'LL SEE YOU LATER .   *

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #22217 on: November 07, 2018, 10:31:07 PM »
LIZ, I JUST READ SOME POSTS SO I COULD REPLY TO THEM AND I NOTICED I HAD A SPELLING MISTAKE IN ONE I SENT YOU ::) IT WAS " OPTOMETRIST " :-[ I WILL HAVE TO USE MY SPELL CHECK IN FUTURE  :D .

HAVE YOU ANY PLANS FOR TODAY ? THE SUN IS TRYING TO COME OUT. :-*

I FEEL SORRY FOR SOME PEOPLE WHO HAVE RAKED THEIR LAWNS, THEY'RE ALL COVERED IN LEAVES AGAIN AFTER THE HIGH WINDS YEASTERDAY. BOBBY WAS ADVISED TO JUST RUN THE LAWNMOWER OVER THEM, IT BREAKS THEM UP INTO SMALLER PIECES AND THEY ARE SMALL ENOUGH TO GET INTO THE SOIL AND FERTILIZE. HOPE IT WORKS  :)

JEAN, GOOD LUCK TODAY, I'M SURE THE LUNCH WILL BE LOVELY, YOUR CLUB HAVE PUT A LOT OF HARD WORK INTO IT, I HOPE YOU GET SOME PHOTOS. :-*   
I BETTER GET A MOVE ON, WE'RE MEETING BOBBY'S COUSIN FOR LUNCH SO I'LL SEE YOU LATER .   *

RUBY,  TO START I'M THE WORST SPELLER EVER AND MY SPELL CHECK ON DOES NOT WORK.  IF I GO INTO MY EMAIL AND USE THAT I LOSE  WHAT EVER I HAVE TYPED.  I DON'T KNOW WHY IT DOES NOT WORK, SO NEVER WORRY ABOUT BAD SPELLING, WE ALL DO IT AND ANYONE WHO POINTS IT OUT IS RUDE AND IF I SENT YOU A REPLY IT PROBABLY HAD THE WRONG SPELLING TOO HA.  I USE TO DEPEND ON IT A LOT.   ::) THE TREES OUTSIDE ARE STILL COVERED IN LEAVES BUT I GUESS THEIR TIME IS COMING.   I READ THAT TOO, IF YOU RUN OVER THE LEAVES WITH A MULCHER BLADE ON IT WILL  CHOP THEM UP REALLY FINE AND YOU DON'T HAVE TO RAKE THEM.  I HOPE JEAN'S LUNCH WENT WELL AND SHE TOOK SOME PHOTOS FOR US.   MY FRIEND CAME OVER THIS AFTERNOON AND IT WAS NICE TO SEE HER. WE HAVE TO MAKE PLANS TO  GO OUT AGAIN AS THEY ARE LEAVING FOR ENGLAND IN A FEW WEEKS TIME.  THIS IS WHEN SHE BRINGS ALL HER CARDS AND  PRESENTS WITH HER, SAVES HER A BOMB IN POSTAGE.  HA..LIZ :-*
sixtyniner

scotland

« Reply #22218 on: November 08, 2018, 01:46:54 AM »
Liz pm on it,s way lots of love and best wishes to all my friends across the pond sorry for short post battery running low ( not mine the computers LOL M😊😊

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #22219 on: November 08, 2018, 04:07:09 AM »

Liz pm on it,s way lots of love and best wishes to all my friends across the pond sorry for short post battery running low ( not mine the computers LOL M😊😊

THANKS  SCOTLAND.  JUST AS WELL YOU ADDED THAT LAST BIT  EXPLAINING ABOUT THE COMPUTER'S BATTERY. HA.  LIZ :-*
sixtyniner

urneygirl

« Reply #22220 on: November 08, 2018, 02:20:04 PM »
GOOD MORNING ALL :-* :-*

LIZ MY SPELL CHECK DOSEN'T ALWAYS WORK, I CAN SEE THE SPELLING IS WRONG BUT IT'S SEEMS TO IGNORE IT. ::)

I'M GOING ON A GIRLS WEEKEND SHOPPING TRIP TO BUFFALO TOMORROW MORNING, I WAS SHARING A ROOM WITH ONE OF MY GIRL FRIENDS BUT HER SISTER IN LAW PASSED AWAY YESTERDAY SO SHE HAD TO CANCEL.  :( THE BUS WILL TAKE US TO A FEW MALLS AND STORES EACH DAY, MOST OF THE GIRLS HAVE BEEN ON THE TRIP BEFORE SO IT MUST BE GOOD. A PYJAMMA PARTY HAS BEEN ORGANISED FOR FRIDAY NIGHT, MOST OF THE GIRLS ARE SCOTTISH SO MY FRIEND WHO JUST CAME BACK FROM SCOTLAND BROUGHT SOME OF US TARTAN PJ'S  :D .

SCOTLAND, BEST WISHES TO YOU AS WELL :-* :-*

jillyfred

« Reply #22221 on: November 08, 2018, 03:45:35 PM »

RUBY THAT SOUNDS A REAL FUN TIME AWAY!
LOVE THE SCOTTISH P.J.`S!
OUR WEATHER HAS TURNED NASTY-TORRENTIAL RAIN AT NIGHT-AND HAS GOT MUCH
COLDER.
I HAVE BEEN HAVING AN `AFFAIR` WITH THE CENTRAL HEATING BOILER MAN!
SWITCHED IT ON LAST FRIDAY-WAS ON THE LAPTOP FOR ABOUT 2 HOURS,WENT OVER
TO PUT KETTLE ON AND LOOKED OUT WINDOW-BLACK SMOKE COMING OUT OF THE
BOILER HOUSE!PANIC STATIONS-RUSHED IN TO THE HALL AND SWITCHED IT OFF.THOUGHT TO SELF
LORD IT MIGHT HAVE BLOWN UP!
PHONE JOHN,HE WAS IN BELFAST BUT SAID WOULD COME SATURDAY A.M.
WELL,TO CUT A LONG STORY SHORT-HE WAS HERE AGAIN SUNDAY,MONDAY,TUESDAY,WEDNESDAY AND AGAIN TODAY!
WE HAVE NOW REACHED THE STAGE IF IT DOES NOT GO ON TOMORROW MORNING I AM
TO PHONE HIM AND HE WILL REPLACE THE `BURNER`-NO IDEA WHAT THAT MEANS BUT
SURE THAT`S IMMATERIAL!
JOHN TELLS ME HE HAS A FEW KNOCKING ABOUT IN HIS GARAGE-THEIR NOT NEW-
BUT WILL BE FINE.
AS HE AND I HAVE THIS `BOILER AFFAIR`FOR THE LAST 10 YEARS-AND I KNOW HIM ABOUT THE TOWN FROM OUR TEENAGE DAYS-I AM HAPPY ENOUGH TO GO WITH WHATEVER HE SAYS!
JEAN,HOPE YOUR POPPY EVENT WENT WELL-SO NICE YOU ALL GO TO SO MUCH TROUBLE AND EFFORT-I HAVE NO DOUBT ITS ALL VERY MUCH APPRECIATED.
ITS RATHER SPECIAL OVER HERE THIS YEAR FOR REMEMBERANCE DAY.IT FALLS ON THE 11TH DAY OF THE 11TH MONTH-AND OF COURSE CEREMONIES WILL BE MARKED AT THE
11TH HOUR AT ALL THE CENOTAPHS.
THIS I ALWAYS FEEL MAKES IT EVEN MORE EMOTIONAL FOR THOSE WHO REMEMBER
THEIR LOVED ONES WHO GAVE SO MUCH FOR US ALL.
RUBY-I AM SURE THE BAND WILL DO EVERYONE PROUD AT YOUR PARADE-DO HOPE THE WEATHER IS KIND FOR YOU.IF NOT,WELL,SURE YOU WILL ALL STILL DO A GOOD JOB.
LIZ-SO NICE TO HEAR YOUR GETTING A LOT MORE `SOCIAL`STUFF OVER THERE.ITS GOOD
YOUR RETIRED `SUPERS`ARE STILL GOING TO BE LIVING THERE-I AM SURE THEY WILL STILL HELP IF YOU NEED IT.
YOU SEEMED TO HAVE HAD A SUPER BIRTHDAY-AND NICE PRESENTS-WELL DESERVED LIZ -YOUR A GOOD FRIEND TO YOUR FRIENDS AND THEY RECIPROCATE.
KRAFTCHEESE-NO DOUBT YOUR ENJOYING SOME NICE HEAT AND SUN!WELL YOU DESERVE IT!
MY SISTER-IN-LAW IS HEADING DOWN TO SYDNEY NEXT THURSDAY TO VISIT HER DAUGHTER JILL,HER LOVELY HUSBAND ADAM,AND THE TWO TOTS!
LAST WEEKEND THEY ALL WENT CAMPING WITH ANOTHER TWO FAILIES WITH TOTS.A SUPER TIME WAS HAD BY ALL.
DANIEL-AGED 3 IN JANUARY ASKED HIS MUMMY WOULD THEY TAKE GRANNY CAMPING WHEN SHE ARRIVED!
MUMMY SAID SHE DID NOT THINK GRANNY WAS INTO CAMPING!
WELL,IN CONCLUSION,ALL TAKE CARE OVER THERE-AND DOWN THERE KRAFTCHEESE.

JILLY :)

jillyfred

« Reply #22222 on: November 08, 2018, 03:52:06 PM »

KRAFTCHEESE THAT WAS `FAMILIES`-NOTE TO SELF-READ YOUR POSTS BEFORE POSTING!

JILLY :-*

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #22223 on: November 08, 2018, 09:54:28 PM »
GOOD MORNING ALL :-* :-*

LIZ MY SPELL CHECK DOSEN'T ALWAYS WORK, I CAN SEE THE SPELLING IS WRONG BUT IT'S SEEMS TO IGNORE IT. ::)

I'M GOING ON A GIRLS WEEKEND SHOPPING TRIP TO BUFFALO TOMORROW MORNING, I WAS SHARING A ROOM WITH ONE OF MY GIRL FRIENDS BUT HER SISTER IN LAW PASSED AWAY YESTERDAY SO SHE HAD TO CANCEL.  :( THE BUS WILL TAKE US TO A FEW MALLS AND STORES EACH DAY, MOST OF THE GIRLS HAVE BEEN ON THE TRIP BEFORE SO IT MUST BE GOOD. A PYJAMMA PARTY HAS BEEN ORGANISED FOR FRIDAY NIGHT, MOST OF THE GIRLS ARE SCOTTISH SO MY FRIEND WHO JUST CAME BACK FROM SCOTLAND BROUGHT SOME OF US TARTAN PJ'S  :D .
SCOTLAND, BEST WISHES TO YOU AS WELL :-* :-*

RUBY THAT SOUNDS LIKE A LOT OF FUN AND ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU ARE ALL IN YOUR TARTAN PJS HA.   I GUESS THIS WOULD BE A GOOD TIME TO DO SOME CHRISTMAS SHOPPING   IF THE PRICES ARE RIGHT.   HAVE A GREAT TIME AND I'M SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR FRIEND'S  SISTER IN LAW, RIP.  WILL SAY A WEE PRAYER FOR HER AND HER FAMILY.    LOVE LIZ :-* :-*
sixtyniner

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #22224 on: November 08, 2018, 10:03:30 PM »

LIZ-SO NICE TO HEAR YOUR GETTING A LOT MORE `SOCIAL`STUFF OVER THERE.ITS GOOD
[size=0px][size=0px]
YOUR RETIRED `SUPERS`ARE STILL GOING TO BE LIVING THERE-I AM SURE THEY WILL STILL HELP IF YOU NEED IT.[/color][/font][/size][size=0px]
[size=0px]
YOU SEEMED TO HAVE HAD A SUPER BIRTHDAY-AND NICE PRESENTS-WELL DESERVED LIZ -YOUR A GOOD FRIEND TO YOUR FRIENDS AND THEY RECIPROCATE[/color][/font][/size]
HOPE THIS  WORKS OUT AS  IT'S NOT THE USUAL CUT AND PASTE HA.   JILLY YOU REALLY ARE  HAVING BOILER PROBLEMS , I THOUGHT FOR A MOMENT YOU WERE HAVING A "REAL AFFAIR" HA.  I HOPE HE CAN GET IT FIXED FOR YOU  BEFORE THE WINTER COMES.    I DON'T  ALWAYS  FEEL IN THE MOOD TO GO DOWN STAIRS BUT WHEN I DO I ENJOY CHATTING WITH THE LADIES.    I DID HAVE A SUPER  BIRTHDAY , THE BEST FOR A LONG TIME.    I'M GOING TO POST THIS AND SEE HOW IT COMES OUT HA.   LIZ :-*   [font=] [/font][font=&amp]
[/color][/font][/size]
sixtyniner

jillyfred

« Reply #22225 on: November 08, 2018, 10:06:58 PM »

IT CAME OUT JUST FINE LIZ.
GOING TO HAVE AN EARLY NIGHT WITH A BOOK!
TAKE CARE.

HarryHippo

« Reply #22226 on: November 09, 2018, 12:17:50 AM »
HI HH, WELCOME TO CTD.  I LOVED LISTENING TO  O'CANADA , THEY DID A NICE JOB SINGING IT, AND THANK YOU FOR POSTING IT.  NOW WHO ARE YOU TRYING TO WORM YOUR WAY INTO  :D   LIZ :-* :-*

thank you  .. just passing by Liz   ;)     :-*
Lux Et Veritas

HarryHippo

« Reply #22227 on: November 09, 2018, 12:20:05 AM »
HARRY H, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR POST. I DON'T THINK I HAVE EVER HEARD ALL THOSE VERSES BEFORE,  IT MADE ME FEEL VERY PROUD TO BE LIVING IN CANADA. IT HAS IT'S PROBLEMS LIKE EVERY OTHER COUNTRY BUT IT'S STILL A GREAT COUNTRY TO LIVE IN. :-* :-*
Your very welcome Urneygirl ... just teasing bout the girls  ;)
Lux Et Veritas

kraftcheese

« Reply #22228 on: November 09, 2018, 04:09:51 AM »
KRAFTCHEESE THAT WAS `FAMILIES`-NOTE TO SELF-READ YOUR POSTS BEFORE POSTING!

JILLY, NO PROBLEM.  I UNDERSTOOD.  MY LAPTOP KEYBOARD IS A BIT OLD AND TIRED AND SEEMS TO MISS LETTERS QUITE OFTEN.  SOMETIMES I PICK IT UP AND OTHER TIMES I DON'T.  I HOPE YOUR SIS-IN-LAW ENJOYS HER VISIT TO OZ.  GLAD TO HEAR YOUR NIECE AND HER FAMILY ENJOY CAMPING.  THIS GRANNY IS INTO CAMPING (IN A CARAVAN, NOT A TENT), ALTHOUGH IT'S GETTING HARDER AND WE'RE GOING LESS AND LESS.  MY SON AND HIS WIFE AND TWO BOYS (WHO LIVE IN PERTH, WA) ARE TAKING LONG SERVICE LEAVE FOR A COUPLE OF MONTHS FROM APRIL AND TRAVELLING WITH THEIR CARAVAN THROUGH  WESTERN AUSTRALIA, SOUTH AUSTRALIA, VICTORIA AND TASMANIA.  WE ARE GOING TO JOIN THEM SOMEWHERE HERE IN VICTORIA FOR A COUPLE OF WEEKS AND AFTER THAT I THINK WE'LL GET RID OF OUR VERY OLD CARAVAN.   HOPE YOUR NASTY WEATHER HAS CLEARED UP.  WE'RE ENJOYING GOOD WEATHER NOW, THANK GOODNESS.  TAKE CARE.  :) 
Omnia in finem bona sunt. Si non bona non finis est.

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #22229 on: November 09, 2018, 04:20:35 AM »
IT CAME OUT JUST FINE LIZ.
GOING TO HAVE AN EARLY NIGHT WITH A BOOK!
TAKE CARE.

THANKS JILLY AND I CAN'T REALLY SAY ANYMORE AS YOU'RE IN BED AND MAYBE IN A FEW HRS WILL BE UP AND ABOUT AGAIN HA.
sixtyniner