Author Topic: CANADA TO-DAY.  (Read 1505816 times)

SIXTYNINER

Re: CANADA TO-DAY.
« Reply #22230 on: November 09, 2018, 04:21:22 AM »
thank you  .. just passing by Liz   ;)     :-*

HI HH,   DROP IN ANYTIME, NICE TO SEE YOU.  LIZ :-*
sixtyniner

kraftcheese

« Reply #22231 on: November 09, 2018, 04:26:13 AM »

HI LIZ, HOPE YOUR KNEES ARE BEHAVING THEMSELVES TODAY.  I WAS AWAY FOR A WEEK IN WAGGA WAGGA, NSW, VISITING MY BROTHER WHOSE WIFE WAS CELEBRATING HER 80TH BIRTHDAY.  I DROVE THERE AND BACK AND HAD A LOVELY TIME.  6 HOURS EACH WAY WITH A 15-MINUTE COFFEE BREAK.  THE WEATHER WAS FAB.  HAD TWO GRANDIES OVERNIGHT LAST NIGHT AS BOTH PARENTS AND BIG SISTER WERE ALL WORKING PAST SCHOOL TIME YESTERDAY.  I TOOK THEM OUT THE BACKYARD AND SHOWED THEM HOW TO PLAY "QUEENIO, QUEENIO, WHO'S GOT THE BALLEO" AND THEY ADORED IT.  I TRIED TO GO INSIDE FOR A COFFEE AND THEY BEGGED ME TO STAY AND PLAY, SO I DID.  :D   I'M GOING INTO MY SECOND CHILDHOOD.  THEY'RE 9 AND 12.  ASHLEY WILL BE OFF TO HIGH SCHOOL AFTER THE SUMMER HOLIDAYS (THE SCHOOL YEAR HERE STARTS AT THE BEGINNING OF FEBRUARY).  WELL LIZ, HAVE A GREAT DAY AND A LOVELY WEEKEND.  :-*

RUBY, JEAN AND SCOTLAND, HOPE YOU'RE ALL IN FINE FETTLE.  RUBY AND JEAN, YOU'RE BOTH DOING A WONDERFUL JOB WITH THE POPPIES AND REMEMBRANCE PARADES.  YOU PUT ME TO SHAME - I MUST GET INVOLVED.  SCOTLAND, I HOPE YOU'RE WELL.  IT'S GOOD TO HEAR FROM YOU.  HAVE A GOOD WEEKEND ALL MY FRIENDS WHEREVER YOU MAY BE.  :-*
Omnia in finem bona sunt. Si non bona non finis est.

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #22232 on: November 09, 2018, 12:33:34 PM »
HI LIZ, HOPE YOUR KNEES ARE BEHAVING THEMSELVES TODAY.  I WAS AWAY FOR A WEEK IN WAGGA WAGGA, NSW, VISITING MY BROTHER WHOSE WIFE WAS CELEBRATING HER 80TH BIRTHDAY.  I DROVE THERE AND BACK AND HAD A LOVELY TIME.  6 HOURS EACH WAY WITH A 15-MINUTE COFFEE BREAK.  THE WEATHER WAS FAB.  HAD TWO GRANDIES OVERNIGHT LAST NIGHT AS BOTH PARENTS AND BIG SISTER WERE ALL WORKING PAST SCHOOL TIME YESTERDAY.  I TOOK THEM OUT THE BACKYARD AND SHOWED THEM HOW TO PLAY "QUEENIO, QUEENIO, WHO'S GOT THE BALLEO" AND THEY ADORED IT.  I TRIED TO GO INSIDE FOR A COFFEE AND THEY BEGGED ME TO STAY AND PLAY, SO I DID.  :D   I'M GOING INTO MY SECOND CHILDHOOD.  THEY'RE 9 AND 12.  ASHLEY WILL BE OFF TO HIGH SCHOOL AFTER THE SUMMER HOLIDAYS (THE SCHOOL YEAR HERE STARTS AT THE BEGINNING OF FEBRUARY).  WELL LIZ, HAVE A GREAT DAY AND A LOVELY WEEKEND.  :-*

RUBY, JEAN AND SCOTLAND, HOPE YOU'RE ALL IN FINE FETTLE.  RUBY AND JEAN, YOU'RE BOTH DOING A WONDERFUL JOB WITH THE POPPIES AND REMEMBRANCE PARADES.  YOU PUT ME TO SHAME - I MUST GET INVOLVED.  SCOTLAND, I HOPE YOU'RE WELL.  IT'S GOOD TO HEAR FROM YOU.  HAVE A GOOD WEEKEND ALL MY FRIENDS WHEREVER YOU MAY BE.  :-*

KC,  THAT WAS A LONG CAR RIDE  DO YOU GET STIFF  WITH THE DRIVING. , I THINK THE MOST I EVER DROVE WAS ABOUT 2/3 HRS MANY MOONS AGO.   IT SOUNDS SO NICE  TO HAVE YOUR G. KIDS  AND THEY ACTUALLY WANT TO PLAY WITH YOU HA, I BET YOU GET PLENTY OF HUGS.  JUST THINK , THAT 6 HRS COULD HAVE YOU ROUND IRELAND AND BACK HA.  JOKING. I'M GLAD YOU HAD NICE WEATHER TOO.   MY G.DAUGHTER WILL BE 9 ON THE 12th , MONDAY.   THAT SOUNDS YOUNG TO BE GOING INTO HIGH SCHOOL, IS THAT STANDARD.   WELL I'LL BE OF TO BED AGAIN.  I KNOW MOST PEOPLE ARE GETTING UP BUT I'M IN REVERSE HA.  HAVE A GREAT WKEND LOVE.  LIZ :-*
sixtyniner

jillyfred

« Reply #22233 on: November 09, 2018, 01:14:44 PM »
JILLY, NO PROBLEM.  I UNDERSTOOD.  MY LAPTOP KEYBOARD IS A BIT OLD AND TIRED AND SEEMS TO MISS LETTERS QUITE OFTEN.  SOMETIMES I PICK IT UP AND OTHER TIMES I DON'T.  I HOPE YOUR SIS-IN-LAW ENJOYS HER VISIT TO OZ.  GLAD TO HEAR YOUR NIECE AND HER FAMILY ENJOY CAMPING.  THIS GRANNY IS INTO CAMPING (IN A CARAVAN, NOT A TENT), ALTHOUGH IT'S GETTING HARDER AND WE'RE GOING LESS AND LESS.  MY SON AND HIS WIFE AND TWO BOYS (WHO LIVE IN PERTH, WA) ARE TAKING LONG SERVICE LEAVE FOR A COUPLE OF MONTHS FROM APRIL AND TRAVELLING WITH THEIR CARAVAN THROUGH  WESTERN AUSTRALIA, SOUTH AUSTRALIA, VICTORIA AND TASMANIA.  WE ARE GOING TO JOIN THEM SOMEWHERE HERE IN VICTORIA FOR A COUPLE OF WEEKS AND AFTER THAT I THINK WE'LL GET RID OF OUR VERY OLD CARAVAN.   HOPE YOUR NASTY WEATHER HAS CLEARED UP.  WE'RE ENJOYING GOOD WEATHER NOW, THANK GOODNESS.  TAKE CARE.  :)

===
That will be really lovely to have the `meet-up`with your Son and his family KC.
Well,a caravan is more the thing!Its the lying on the ground in a tent that I could no way
embrace!
Have horrendous memories of Girl Guide Camp-at Castlerock-actually Magilligan-then the
next year in a field in Stanmore,Middlesex which was our London one!
The Latrines-dreadful-we had to dig them first-going in the middle of the night with a torch
-11 years old-never been away from home-it was to say the least-a very rude awakening!
On my way back from such a trip-I did trip-over the guy rope and brought the /Bell Tent down
on the occupants!
On the London trip we had to negotiate our way through a field to the Camp-in the dark,the torches
were just held by the Officers-next thing screams-there were horses in the field and we had
met them head on.
Not to mention the cows clap we had waded through.
So by the time I had reached 12 years of age I decided `camping` was not for me!
My Father had a saying-if you go away from home on holiday-make sure you have the same standard
there as you have at home-or better.
Otherwise just stay at home!
I am not one who has `ever roughed it`-my way was to travel less often,but to travel well!!
That is not to say others have a very different attitude-and many of my friends Youth Hostelled
-I guess we all just cut our cloth to suit ourselves in the long run.
The trip your son is taking down there in Oz -well I think that`s just great-the young today are
really more relaxed than my own generation-they have not had the restrictions we had in our youth.
Its a wonderful country you live in KC-I know my little Aussie Family have a desire to some day
do what your Son is planning.

jilly :-*

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #22234 on: November 10, 2018, 12:23:35 AM »
JILLY,  WHEN I WAS STILL MARRIED WE USE TO TAKE A HOLIDAY EVERY YR. UP NORTH AND STAYED IN A COTTAGE WHERE SOMEONE CAME IN EVERY DAY AND MADE THE BEDS, CLEANED  THE "COTTAGE",  THE SHOWERS WERE UP BEHIND THE TREES , THEY WERE REAL SHOWERS  BUT YOU KEPT WATCHING OUT FOR SPIDERS HA.  AND BEING UP NORTH IT WAS MUCH COOLER  EVEN THOUGH IT WAS SUMMER, ANY HOE,  WE ATE OVER AT THE MAIN  LODGE ,  FOR ME GOING "ROUGHING"  WAS NOT MY THING.  YOU MIGHT AS WELL STAY HOME IF YOU HAVE TO COOK, CLEAN ETC HA.   LIZ :-*
sixtyniner

kraftcheese

« Reply #22235 on: November 10, 2018, 11:23:15 AM »
JILLY,  WHEN I WAS STILL MARRIED WE USE TO TAKE A HOLIDAY EVERY YR. UP NORTH AND STAYED IN A COTTAGE WHERE SOMEONE CAME IN EVERY DAY AND MADE THE BEDS, CLEANED  THE "COTTAGE",  THE SHOWERS WERE UP BEHIND THE TREES , THEY WERE REAL SHOWERS  BUT YOU KEPT WATCHING OUT FOR SPIDERS HA.  AND BEING UP NORTH IT WAS MUCH COOLER  EVEN THOUGH IT WAS SUMMER, ANY HOE,  WE ATE OVER AT THE MAIN  LODGE ,  FOR ME GOING "ROUGHING"  WAS NOT MY THING.  YOU MIGHT AS WELL STAY HOME IF YOU HAVE TO COOK, CLEAN ETC HA.   LIZ :-*

LIZ, A COTTAGE HOLIDAY EVERY YEAR IS RIGHT UP MY ALLEY.  I LOVE THE MOUNTAIN AREAS HERE IN THE SUMMER AND AM NOT A BEACH-GOER OR SUNBATHER DUE TO MY "DELICATE" SKIN. (I.E. WHITEWASH COLOURED).  I'M ALWAYS LOOKING FOR A TREE TO SHELTER UNDER. LOL.  ALTHOUGH WE CAMPED, WE USUALLY ATE OUT OR HAD TAKEAWAY.  I'M PRETTY LOW-MAINTENANCE WHEN IT COMES TO BOTH BEAUTY AND HOLIDAYS.  :D 

JILLY, I LOVED READING ABOUT YOUR ADVENTURES CAMPING WITH THE GUIDES AND CRACKED UP LAUGHING AT THE "COWS CLAP" WHICH I HAVEN'T HEARD OF FOR A LONG TIME.  MY SON & D.I.L. ARE NEARLY 48 AND ONLY STARTED THEIR LITTLE FAMILY 8 YEARS AGO, AND THE TWO BOYS ARE NOW 8 AND 6.  THEY HAD TRAVELLED QUITE A BIT ALREADY BEFORE DECIDING THEY WOULD HAVE KIDS AFTER ALL.   :D 

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #22236 on: November 10, 2018, 08:20:51 PM »
LIZ, A COTTAGE HOLIDAY EVERY YEAR IS RIGHT UP MY ALLEY.  I LOVE THE MOUNTAIN AREAS HERE IN THE SUMMER AND AM NOT A BEACH-GOER OR SUNBATHER DUE TO MY "DELICATE" SKIN. (I.E. WHITEWASH COLOURED).  I'M ALWAYS LOOKING FOR A TREE TO SHELTER UNDER. LOL.  ALTHOUGH WE CAMPED, WE USUALLY ATE OUT OR HAD TAKEAWAY.  I'M PRETTY LOW-MAINTENANCE WHEN IT COMES TO BOTH BEAUTY AND HOLIDAYS.  :D 

JILLY, I LOVED READING ABOUT YOUR ADVENTURES CAMPING WITH THE GUIDES AND CRACKED UP LAUGHING AT THE "COWS CLAP" WHICH I HAVEN'T HEARD OF FOR A LONG TIME.  MY SON & D.I.L. ARE NEARLY 48 AND ONLY STARTED THEIR LITTLE FAMILY 8 YEARS AGO, AND THE TWO BOYS ARE NOW 8 AND 6.  THEY HAD TRAVELLED QUITE A BIT ALREADY BEFORE DECIDING THEY WOULD HAVE KIDS AFTER ALL.   :D

KC,  I WENT ON ONE HOLIDAY A YR. SO I WAS GOING TO ENJOY IT HA.  BUT GET THIS, I MADE SURE  MY HOUSE  WAS SPIC AND SPAN TO WALK INTO WHEN I GOT HOME,  I EVEN VACUUMED  THE FLOOR JUST BEFORE WALKING OUT THE DOOR.  HA.   LORD HOW THINGS CHANGE OVER THE YRS HA.  BUT I SHOULD  EXPLAIN THE COTTAGE,  IT WAS A CABIN , THE KIDS HAD A  BEDS IN ONE CORNER AND OUR'S WAS  OVER THE OTHER SIDE.  IT GOT SO DAMP WE HAD TO KEEP THE OIL HEATER GOING MOST OF THE NIGHT, IT WAS NOT A FANCY PLACE BUT WE ENJOYED IT AND  BEING UP NORTH THERE WERE TREES ALL AROUND  AND LOTS OF SCENERY.   LIZ :-*
sixtyniner

kraftcheese

« Reply #22237 on: November 11, 2018, 02:48:16 AM »
KC,  I WENT ON ONE HOLIDAY A YR. SO I WAS GOING TO ENJOY IT HA.  BUT GET THIS, I MADE SURE  MY HOUSE  WAS SPIC AND SPAN TO WALK INTO WHEN I GOT HOME,  I EVEN VACUUMED  THE FLOOR JUST BEFORE WALKING OUT THE DOOR.  HA.   LORD HOW THINGS CHANGE OVER THE YRS HA.  BUT I SHOULD  EXPLAIN THE COTTAGE,  IT WAS A CABIN , THE KIDS HAD A  BEDS IN ONE CORNER AND OUR'S WAS  OVER THE OTHER SIDE.  IT GOT SO DAMP WE HAD TO KEEP THE OIL HEATER GOING MOST OF THE NIGHT, IT WAS NOT A FANCY PLACE BUT WE ENJOYED IT AND  BEING UP NORTH THERE WERE TREES ALL AROUND  AND LOTS OF SCENERY.   LIZ :-*

LIZ, A CABIN IS OK WITH ME - EVEN NOW!  AS LONG AS IT'S GOT A BED TO SLEEP IN THAT'S OFF THE FLOOR, I'M HAPPY.  WE TOOK THE KIDS TO FIJI IN 1983 AND STAYED IN A BEACH RESORT AND THAT WAS OUR FIRST "PROPER" HOLIDAY EVER.  HIRED A CAR AND DROVE RIGHT UP THE WEST COAST OF THE BIG ISLAND (VITI LEVU) TO THE NORTHERN TIP ON "ROADS" THAT WERE ACTUAL BOULDERS, NOT STONES.  I SAT ON THE GRAVESTONE OF "UDRE UDRE" THE MOST PROLIFIC CANNIBAL IN HISTORY.  MY FIJIAN NATIVE FRIEND WAS VERY SUPERSTITIOUS AND STOOD WELL AWAY.  :D HERE'S A LINK -

https://www.atlasobscura.com/places/udre-udres-grave

AFTER THAT IT WAS BACK TO CAMPING IN CARAVAN PARKS FOR A WHILE, BUT THE KIDS NEVER FORGOT FIJI.   :-*

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #22238 on: November 11, 2018, 04:48:54 AM »
LIZ, A CABIN IS OK WITH ME - EVEN NOW!  AS LONG AS IT'S GOT A BED TO SLEEP IN THAT'S OFF THE FLOOR, I'M HAPPY.  WE TOOK THE KIDS TO FIJI IN 1983 AND STAYED IN A BEACH RESORT AND THAT WAS OUR FIRST "PROPER" HOLIDAY EVER.  HIRED A CAR AND DROVE RIGHT UP THE WEST COAST OF THE BIG ISLAND (VITI LEVU) TO THE NORTHERN TIP ON "ROADS" THAT WERE ACTUAL BOULDERS, NOT STONES.  I SAT ON THE GRAVESTONE OF "UDRE UDRE" THE MOST PROLIFIC CANNIBAL IN HISTORY.  MY FIJIAN NATIVE FRIEND WAS VERY SUPERSTITIOUS AND STOOD WELL AWAY.  :D HERE'S A LINK -

https://www.atlasobscura.com/places/udre-udres-grave

AFTER THAT IT WAS BACK TO CAMPING IN CARAVAN PARKS FOR A WHILE, BUT THE KIDS NEVER FORGOT FIJI.   :-*

KC I JUST WATCHED THAT LITTLE  VIDIO.  IT REALLY BOGGLES THE MIND  WHEN YOU READ SOMETHING LIKE THAT  BUT THEY SAY THAT HUMAN FLESH  TASTES LIKE CHICKEN WHEN COOKED.   :bad: BUT THIS GUY SUPPOSELY ATE 800  PEOPLE AND THEY BUILD A  MONUMENT TO HIM.  I GUESS IT BRINGS IN TOURISTS. HA.  LIZ :-*
sixtyniner

kraftcheese

« Reply #22239 on: November 12, 2018, 02:24:36 PM »
KC I JUST WATCHED THAT LITTLE  VIDIO.  IT REALLY BOGGLES THE MIND  WHEN YOU READ SOMETHING LIKE THAT  BUT THEY SAY THAT HUMAN FLESH  TASTES LIKE CHICKEN WHEN COOKED.   :bad: BUT THIS GUY SUPPOSELY ATE 800  PEOPLE AND THEY BUILD A  MONUMENT TO HIM.  I GUESS IT BRINGS IN TOURISTS. HA.  LIZ :-*

OH THE VERY THOUGHT OF IT WOULD MAKE YE BOKE, LIZ.  :D IT WOULD ALMOST MAKE ME GIVE UP EATING CHICKEN FOR GOOD  - ALMOST.  :D :-* 

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #22240 on: November 12, 2018, 04:29:46 PM »
OH THE VERY THOUGHT OF IT WOULD MAKE YE BOKE, LIZ.  :D IT WOULD ALMOST MAKE ME GIVE UP EATING CHICKEN FOR GOOD  - ALMOST.  :D :-*

:D
sixtyniner

urneygirl

« Reply #22241 on: November 12, 2018, 07:09:34 PM »
HI CHUMS  :-**

I READ ALL YOUR POSTS BUT CAN'T REMEMBER EVERYTHING SO I WON'T TRY TO REPLY TO THEM ALL.

MY GIRLS WEEKEND WAS GREAT, THERE WERE AROUND 50 WIMMIN ON THE TRIP AND OUR BUS DRIVER WAS GREAT, HE WAS ORIGINALY FROM BANGOR AND HAD US ALL ORGANIZED WITH OUR "PRUCK " FOR CROSSING THE BORDER BACK INTO CANADA :)  THE PYJAMA PARTY ON FRIDAY NIGHT WAS GREAT, LOTS OF DRINKING, SINGING AND DANCING, THESE WIMMIN KNOW HOW TO HAVE A GOOD TIME. :D WE WERE TAKEN TO DIFFERENT SHOPPING MALLS AND STORES EACH DAY SO WE WERE REALLY SHOPPED OUT BY 4PM YESTERDAY WHEN WE HAD TO LEAVE.  WE DIDN'T FORGET REMEMBRANCE DAY, A LOT OF US MET UP IN A STORE BEFORE 11AM, IT WAS REALLY NICE.

SORRY THIS POST WAS ALL ABOUT ME  ::) NOW I HAVE TO GO MAKE SOME LUNCH, I'LL BE BACK LATER    :-**   

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #22242 on: November 13, 2018, 03:44:28 AM »
HI CHUMS  :-* *

I READ ALL YOUR POSTS BUT CAN'T REMEMBER EVERYTHING SO I WON'T TRY TO REPLY TO THEM ALL.

MY GIRLS WEEKEND WAS GREAT, THERE WERE AROUND 50 WIMMIN ON THE TRIP AND OUR BUS DRIVER WAS GREAT, HE WAS ORIGINALY FROM BANGOR AND HAD US ALL ORGANIZED WITH OUR "PRUCK " FOR CROSSING THE BORDER BACK INTO CANADA :)  THE PYJAMA PARTY ON FRIDAY NIGHT WAS GREAT, LOTS OF DRINKING, SINGING AND DANCING, THESE WIMMIN KNOW HOW TO HAVE A GOOD TIME. :D WE WERE TAKEN TO DIFFERENT SHOPPING MALLS AND STORES EACH DAY SO WE WERE REALLY SHOPPED OUT BY 4PM YESTERDAY WHEN WE HAD TO LEAVE.  WE DIDN'T FORGET REMEMBRANCE DAY, A LOT OF US MET UP IN A STORE BEFORE 11AM, IT WAS REALLY NICE.
SORRY THIS POST WAS ALL ABOUT ME  ::) NOW I HAVE TO GO MAKE SOME LUNCH, I'LL BE BACK LATER    :-* *   

RUBY, DON'T BE SORRY  THAT THE POST WAS ALL ABOUT YOU.  THAT'S GREAT,  YOU HAD A GREAT TIME AND SO YOU SHOULD BE, YOU WORK HARD  AT DOING THINGS FOR OTHER PEOPLE.  I CAN'T IMAGINE THAT MANY WOMEN TOGETHER  AND THE CHATTER GOING ON HA.  I'M REALLY GLAD YOU HAD A GOOD TIME AND  HOPE YOU HAVE MANY MORE OF THEM  SO YOU CAN TELL US ALL ABOUT THEM.   LIZ :-*
sixtyniner

kraftcheese

« Reply #22243 on: November 13, 2018, 06:31:54 AM »
HI CHUMS  :-* *

SORRY THIS POST WAS ALL ABOUT ME  ::) NOW I HAVE TO GO MAKE SOME LUNCH, I'LL BE BACK LATER    :-* *   

WOO HOO RUBY!  SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT TIME WAS HAD BY ALL.  DID YOU SING "SHE'LL BE COMING ROUND THE MOUNTAIN" ETC ON THE BUS?  :D WOULD HAVE BEEN A HOOT.  HOPE THOSE BORDER GUARDS DIDN'T GIVE YOU A HARD TIME.   :-*

urneygirl

« Reply #22244 on: November 13, 2018, 05:07:07 PM »
GOOD MORNING GIRLS  *

SARAH,  WE HAD A GREAT TIME,  THERE WAS LOTS OF SINGING AND JOKE TELLING ON THE BUS AND THE POOR BUS DRIVER HAD TO LISTEN TO IT ALL, HE WAS FUNNY HIMSELF, HE HAD THE BACK HOME HUMOR. TO OUR SURPRISE WE GOT THROUGH THE BORDER NO PROBLEM, BUT WERE WARNED NOT TO START CELEBRATING UNTIL WE WERE CLEARLY AWAY FROM IT :D. THIS WAS A GROUP OF SCOTTISH WOMEN FROM RANGER AND CELTIC CLUBS, THREE OF US WERE THE TOKEN IRISH  :D

LIZ, ALL BEING WELL I TOLD MY G/ FRIEND I WOULD GO AGAIN NEXT YEAR. THEY HAD  MEMORIAL AND THANKSGIVING DAY SALES PLUS FURTHER DISCOUNTS, SO THE DOLLAR EXCHANGE WASN'T BAD.

WE HAD A FEW WEE SNOW FLAKES THIS MORNING, THANKFULLY THAT'S ALL IT WAS  :)